HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl - Colorado 1st overall

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2013, 07:55 AM
  #51
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Colorado laughs and hangs up! This is the worst trade proposal I've seen! Habs fans trying to sell their trash for other teams Gold, that alone, is an insult to others' intelligence.

Talk about oblivious armchair GM's, you take the cake!
That "trash" would have been your 3rd highest point producer this season. That "trash" would have been your leading point producer the season before. That "trash" is on par with Matt Duchene.

Please keep in mind I am ONLY talking about Pacioretty. Beaulieu is a blue chip defenceman who is a PMD with the ability to hit. The 2nd this year is in a deep draft, and some great players have gone in the second round, you know (Subban being one).

You do not have to want to accept the deal. No problem. You can feel it is unfair. No problem. Calling the players offered "trash" shows you have no clue about hockey, players, or player values. Or. It shows you simply wanted to come on here and be the new "kewl kid" and try to win some interfret name calling game. Yes, I can see an "oblivious armchair GM", here. Ignorance is corrected by education. Think about it.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:01 AM
  #52
Scuba-Steve
Registered User
 
Scuba-Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Québec
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Agree with this!

If it is a 2nd instead of a 1st coming back, perhaps Avs could throw in one of O'Brien/Hunwick/Zanon (or all 3 for all I care) to obtain the first and bigger winger prospect for LEM (Quailer or Avtsin? don't really know much about either).
To Avs:

- Max Pacioretty

- Nathan Beaulieu

- 2nd round pick 13 NAS (34th overall)

- Steve Quailer


To Habs:

- 1st overall pick 13

- Greg Zanon or Shane O'Brien

Scuba-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:34 AM
  #53
simplysincere*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
That "trash" would have been your 3rd highest point producer this season. That "trash" would have been your leading point producer the season before. That "trash" is on par with Matt Duchene.

Please keep in mind I am ONLY talking about Pacioretty. Beaulieu is a blue chip defenceman who is a PMD with the ability to hit. The 2nd this year is in a deep draft, and some great players have gone in the second round, you know (Subban being one).

You do not have to want to accept the deal. No problem. You can feel it is unfair. No problem. Calling the players offered "trash" shows you have no clue about hockey, players, or player values. Or. It shows you simply wanted to come on here and be the new "kewl kid" and try to win some interfret name calling game. Yes, I can see an "oblivious armchair GM", here. Ignorance is corrected by education. Think about it.
Obviously, another Habs fan who's all hell bent that someone told him one of his players was overvalued.

Calling me uneducated about Hockey is a joke, however, the bigger joke here is you comparing Pacioretty to Duchene. Talk about uneducated.

I watched Bealieu play for the Habs this season in every game he was called up (since, I watch all of the Habs games), and he had zero ability to hit. He's underdeveloped physically for the NHL, and didn't have much offensive upside which he was hyped up to be. Only reason why Beaulieu gets so much hype is because of his name.

P.S. I'm a Habs fan, but I'm also a realist. Currently, I don't like how this Habs team is built, and I know that this team will not make us contenders. I'm also not afraid to say that Habs fans extremely overvalue their players. In fact, it's fans like you who give us logical ones a bad name.

Asking for Seth or Nathan, is going to cost you Galchenyuk plus.

This is the 1st overall pick we are talking about, a franchise player. Not some 2nd line one time 30 goal scoring winger, or some overrated blueline prospect and a 2nd round pick.


Last edited by simplysincere*: 05-30-2013 at 08:49 AM.
simplysincere* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:45 AM
  #54
kingdok
Registered User
 
kingdok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba-Steve View Post
To Avs:

- Max Pacioretty

- Nathan Beaulieu

- 2nd round pick 13 NAS (34th overall)

- Steve Quailer


To Habs:

- 1st overall pick 13

- Greg Zanon or Shane O'Brien
Not enough. Take out Quailer, then add Habs 1st round pick 2013 and a prospect like Collberg or Kristo.


To Avs:

- Max Pacioretty

- Nathan Beaulieu

- 1st round pick 13

- 2nd round pick 13 NAS (34th overall)

- Danny Kristo or Sebastian Collberg (Avs choice)


To Habs:

- 1st overall pick 13

- Greg Zanon


Seems a lot to give up, but that's what it would take. Might even not be enough. Still quality for quantity (relatively).

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:59 AM
  #55
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,411
vCash: 50
On top of everything else, I can't see Roy coming in and, right off the bat, making a move to trade the first overall pick (unless he is playing musical chairs with Florida or Tampa). Why take a chance like that and risk ending up making a career-defining, potentially disastrous move?

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:27 AM
  #56
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I don't think that's even close. COL laughs and hangs up IMO.

I think the three assets being offered are all overvalued.
I know what you mean. Why would they want a blue chip defensive prospect, a Calder candidate (something Colorado hopes the 1st overall pick will be) and a 2nd in a deep draft. Yes, totally laughable
offer. If a Calder candidate who scored at a .63 ppg pace (almost identical to what Taylor Hall, Yakupov, Duchene, Tavares, and some other top picks did in their rookie seasons) is laughable, your GM is an idiot. The additional pieces are gravy, and pretty damned good gravy, at that.

Again, there may well indeed be a reason that you value the #1 overall more highly than the package, but to call the offer "not even close" and say your GM hangs up laughing shows a distinct lack of knowledge or a desire to be insulting for no good reason.

I am not saying the offer should be accepted. I AM saying it is a fair offer in terms of value. Now, if you guys are in need of a Seth Jones type more than a Gallagher (primary piece of the offer) type, I understand saying "no". I do not understand being insulting. I guess getting Roy as your new Coach is starting to add his attitude to the fan base...sigh...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
  #57
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Obviously, another Habs fan who's all hell bent that someone told him one of his players was overvalued.

Calling me uneducated about Hockey is a joke, however, the bigger joke here is you comparing Pacioretty to Duchene. Talk about uneducated.

I watched Bealieu play for the Habs this season in every game he was called up (since, I watch all of the Habs games), and he had zero ability to hit. He's underdeveloped physically for the NHL, and didn't have much offensive upside which he was hyped up to be. Only reason why Beaulieu gets so much hype is because of his name.

P.S. I'm a Habs fan, but I'm also a realist. Currently, I don't like how this Habs team is built, and I know that this team will not make us contenders. I'm also not afraid to say that Habs fans extremely overvalue their players. In fact, it's fans like you who give us logical ones a bad name.

Asking for Seth or Nathan, is going to cost you Galchenyuk plus.

This is the 1st overall pick we are talking about, a franchise player. Not some 2nd line one time 30 goal scoring winger, or some overrated blueline prospect and a 2nd round pick.
No, I am not offended by someone calling a player overvalued. I do take offence to someone calling the players offered "trash". They are not, and if you can not see the difference in "trash" and "over valued" take a few more English classes.

Yes, asking for the 1st overall will take a huge offer. I have no problem with that. However, it may well not be worth the asking price. Pacioretty is not "trash", nor is he over valued. He is the only true point producing forward with size in our top 6. He is a need for this team. Seth Jones and MacKinon are great prospects who may well end up better...or not. Some 1st overall picks end up better than others. Give me Pacioretty over Erik Johnson, RNH, and Yakupov, for instance. Some of that is based in the players skill, and some is based on the team's needs. We need someone like Pacioretty far more than we need the 3 players I listed, whether or not one of those 3 may one day end up better or not due to the way our team has been put together.

By the way, there is no need to send Galchenyuk + for the 1st overall since Galchenyuk may well end up being as good as or beter than whomever gets picked this year. Giving up Galchenyuk + would be a step backwards for our development, not forwards. Heck, even Galchenyuk for the 1st overall straight up is most likely a lateral move. You do know that Galchenyuk and Gallagher produced at an offensive clip equivalent to quite a few recent 1st overall picks, right? No, I would imagine you were clueless about that, as well.

Thank the Lord you are an armchair GM and we Bergevin in control. It is always important to have knowledgeable hockey minds run a team.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  #58
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Are Seguin and Hamilton a bust? Lol, that's what I thought.
Did you know that Galchenyuk scored more points in less games while playing almost the exact same number of minutes per game as Seguin did in his rookie seaon? Seguin is proving to be quite a good player, and Galchenyuk already exceeded his rookie performance while paying in 26 less games. The same is true of Gallagher (although Gallagher DID play a little over 1 minute more per game). If Seguin is so terrific in your eyes (and he is, I like him a lot which is saying something since I despise the Bruins beyond all belief), what does that say about Gallagher and Galchenyuk? Why are our players worth less than Seguin or Hamilton? They aren't.

Hockey IQ, something to be strived for, I guess.


Last edited by Drydenwasthebest: 05-30-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Missed half a sentence...lol.
Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:44 AM
  #59
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I know what you mean. Why would they want a blue chip defensive prospect, a Calder candidate (something Colorado hopes the 1st overall pick will be) and a 2nd in a deep draft. Yes, totally laughable
offer. If a Calder candidate who scored at a .63 ppg pace (almost identical to what Taylor Hall, Yakupov, Duchene, Tavares, and some other top picks did in their rookie seasons) is laughable, your GM is an idiot. The additional pieces are gravy, and pretty damned good gravy, at that.
Except at the 1st overall you're able to pick a FRANCHISE player. None of the players offered are Franchise potential players, you offered a 1st line winger, a potential top 4 defenceman with some defensive issues, I saw him play against the Ice Caps & he may have just had a bad 3 games but he was not impressive defensively, a potential top line winger, who has size issues & also got easy ES minutes, & a 2nd. That doesn't get you the 1st overall. There has to be either a franchise player coming back, Subban, or a potential franchise player, Galchenyuk, going back to Colorado.

That scoring pace for Gallagher is great and all but the other rookies you listed played in the NHL right out of their draft. Gallagher while still young did it his 1st year out of junior, which is still impressive but not as impressive as the other 1st overalls.

Would you trade a potential 80-95 point #1C or a potential #1D for a 30G-40A Winger, a potential top 4 dman, an under sized scoring winger, 25G-35A potential & a 2nd? I wouldn't & it's a rather easy call. Top line C>=D>>>W, I'd rather have my #1C then a whole lot of average-above average pieces.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:46 AM
  #60
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
On top of everything else, I can't see Roy coming in and, right off the bat, making a move to trade the first overall pick (unless he is playing musical chairs with Florida or Tampa). Why take a chance like that and risk ending up making a career-defining, potentially disastrous move?
Agreed.

I do not see Roy trading away the 1st overall unless it is to go down a spot or two to get some added assets and to pick Drouin. Roy certainly will not trade out of the 1st overall unless he is getting a grand slam of a return, and Montreal is NOT one of the teams that NEEDS to give up that kind of package, no matter what some of our less informed hockey Habs fans might believe.

I also do NOT see Roy making a deal with the Habs that might make them better. His ego will not allow it.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
  #61
Ferkland
Mumen Rider
 
Ferkland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 16,147
vCash: 50
Yep. Very interesting..

Ferkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:01 AM
  #62
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Except at the 1st overall you're able to pick a FRANCHISE player. None of the players offered are Franchise potential players, you offered a 1st line winger, a potential top 4 defenceman with some defensive issues, I saw him play against the Ice Caps & he may have just had a bad 3 games but he was not impressive defensively, a potential top line winger, who has size issues & also got easy ES minutes, & a 2nd. That doesn't get you the 1st overall. There has to be either a franchise player coming back, Subban, or a potential franchise player, Galchenyuk, going back to Colorado.

That scoring pace for Gallagher is great and all but the other rookies you listed played in the NHL right out of their draft. Gallagher while still young did it his 1st year out of junior, which is still impressive but not as impressive as the other 1st overalls.

Would you trade a potential 80-95 point #1C or a potential #1D for a 30G-40A Winger, a potential top 4 dman, an under sized scoring winger, 25G-35A potential & a 2nd? I wouldn't & it's a rather easy call. Top line C>=D>>>W, I'd rather have my #1C then a whole lot of average-above average pieces.
Keep in mind, I have not once stated that Colorado would do that deal, nor have I said they SHOULD do that deal. I said the players offered were not "trash" and that the offers were not laughable. Team needs are also important in assessing the value of a deal. I do not think the Avs should trade the 1st overall and think Jones should be their target. However, if Roy wants Drouin, he should try to get additional assets for that 1st overall while not dropping lower than 3rd overall. Please keep in mind, what Montreal has and needs are also important, and gutting our young core by giving up multiple young, cost controlled pieces and picks to get the 1st overall may not be necessary for us, and may hurt us more than help us. We have our MacKinnon in Galchenyuk. We have our Jones in Subban. We have our Drouin in Gallagher. We should not give up some combination of those assets just to get one of them back. That is poor asset management.

Again, I do not think Colorado SHOULD trade the 1st overall, and they should grab Jones. I do not think they should trade the pick, and if they did, it would only be to move 1-2 spots down.

As far as Jones and MacKinnon being 100% franchise terrific players, the same was said about Yakupov and Murray last draft. Please consider that everyone said the same thing about Yakupov and Murray, last draft. Every year people think this year's draft picks will be better than the previous ones. Let's let our draft pick, our ROY candidate, our 3rd overall who has put up 1st overall equivalent numbers, develop before we trade them away for the next shiny prospect who may or may not be a franchise player.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:05 AM
  #63
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Not enough. Take out Quailer, then add Habs 1st round pick 2013 and a prospect like Collberg or Kristo.


To Avs:

- Max Pacioretty

- Nathan Beaulieu

- 1st round pick 13

- 2nd round pick 13 NAS (34th overall)

- Danny Kristo or Sebastian Collberg (Avs choice)


To Habs:

- 1st overall pick 13

- Greg Zanon


Seems a lot to give up, but that's what it would take. Might even not be enough. Still quality for quantity (relatively).
Habs would never make that offer. Far too much to give up.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:11 AM
  #64
Treb
Moderator
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,286
vCash: 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Are Seguin and Hamilton a bust? Lol, that's what I thought.
And Jessiman, Daigle, Wickenheiser, Scott Glennie and a bunch of others were busts. 1st round, even 1st overall, is not a sure thing.

As for the Beaulieu comments, he's improving a lot in the defensive end and he's still filling his frame. He's far from weak and does have some fighting abilities. I personally see Tinordi as a good #5 shutdown defenceman and Beaulieu as a top-4 PMD.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  #65
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
As far as Jones and MacKinnon being 100% franchise terrific players, the same was said about Yakupov and Murray last draft. Please consider that everyone said the same thing about Yakupov and Murray, last draft. Every year people think this year's draft picks will be better than the previous ones. Let's let our draft pick, our ROY candidate, our 3rd overall who has put up 1st overall equivalent numbers, develop before we trade them away for the next shiny prospect who may or may not be a franchise player.
Not really. A lot of scouting services said that Murray was lacking the potential offense to go 1st overall, IIRC some even dropped him out of the top 5. I'm not sure how Yak has lost his "Franchise player" tag. If you're comparing Gallagher to Drouin when Gallagher was behind Yakupov in points doesn't that mean Yakupov is still a franchise player?

Gally has yet to put up 1st overall pick numbers, nobody from the 12 draft has yet. We'll have to wait to see how they do but I think your overrating Gallagher & underrating Mack/Drouin.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  #66
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
And Jessiman, Daigle, Wickenheiser, Scott Glennie and a bunch of others were busts. 1st round, even 1st overall, is not a sure thing.

As for the Beaulieu comments, he's improving a lot in the defensive end and he's still filling his frame. He's far from weak and does have some fighting abilities. I personally see Tinordi as a good #5 shutdown defenceman and Beaulieu as a top-4 PMD.
Listen, put Tinordi with Markov next year and watch him grow into a top 4 guy who will clear the front of the net, hammer people, fight, and help our team in ways we have not had for years. He is also competent with the puck, so it is not like he is a bruiser with an offensive liability mark by his name. Both Tinordi and Beaulieu have top 4 potential, and could one day be a good pairing for us.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:22 AM
  #67
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Not really. A lot of scouting services said that Murray was lacking the potential offense to go 1st overall, IIRC some even dropped him out of the top 5. I'm not sure how Yak has lost his "Franchise player" tag. If you're comparing Gallagher to Drouin when Gallagher was behind Yakupov in points doesn't that mean Yakupov is still a franchise player?

Gally has yet to put up 1st overall pick numbers, nobody from the 12 draft has yet. We'll have to wait to see how they do but I think your overrating Gallagher & underrating Mack/Drouin.
Yes, Yakupov can be a franchise player. Did you know that Yakupov had more ice time than Gallagher AND played in 4 less games? Yakupov scored a massive 3 more points than Gallagher with more ice time and more games.

What do you mean nobody has put up 1st overall numbers from that draft class? Look at the PPG averages that Yakupov, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and Huberdeau put up, and you will see how they are comparable to what Taylor Hall and John Tavares did in their rookie seasons. Those two are definitely franchise players. I am not saying that Yak or either Gally will be as good as those guys, but in their rookie season they did as well as them. Those are just 2 franchise 1st overall picks that Yak and the 2 Gallys had comparable rookie seasons to.

By the way, I compared Gallagher to Drouin, not MacKinnon. I compared Galchenyuk to MacKinnon.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
  #68
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 14,061
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I know what you mean. Why would they want a blue chip defensive prospect, a Calder candidate (something Colorado hopes the 1st overall pick will be) and a 2nd in a deep draft. Yes, totally laughable
offer. If a Calder candidate who scored at a .63 ppg pace (almost identical to what Taylor Hall, Yakupov, Duchene, Tavares, and some other top picks did in their rookie seasons) is laughable, your GM is an idiot. The additional pieces are gravy, and pretty damned good gravy, at that.

Again, there may well indeed be a reason that you value the #1 overall more highly than the package, but to call the offer "not even close" and say your GM hangs up laughing shows a distinct lack of knowledge or a desire to be insulting for no good reason.

I am not saying the offer should be accepted. I AM saying it is a fair offer in terms of value. Now, if you guys are in need of a Seth Jones type more than a Gallagher (primary piece of the offer) type, I understand saying "no". I do not understand being insulting. I guess getting Roy as your new Coach is starting to add his attitude to the fan base...sigh...
Don't you hate it when you reply to a guy, talk to him like he's an Avs fan....take a shot at the Avs fanbase because of what he said...






Then realize he's a Canuck fan?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:22 AM
  #69
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu View Post
Colorado laughs and hangs up! This is the worst trade proposal I've seen! Habs fans trying to sell their trash for other teams Gold, that alone, is an insult to others' intelligence.

Talk about oblivious armchair GM's, you take the cake!
You must be new.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
  #70
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Don't you hate it when you reply to a guy, talk to him like he's an Avs fan....take a shot at the Avs fanbase because of what he said...






Then realize he's a Canuck fan?
Yes, I do. It is why I owe you guys an apology for said assumption.

I do apologize for that assumption in all seriousness. Please keep in mind that I did not intend to paint the entire fan base with the same brush.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:43 AM
  #71
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
On top of everything else, I can't see Roy coming in and, right off the bat, making a move to trade the first overall pick (unless he is playing musical chairs with Florida or Tampa). Why take a chance like that and risk ending up making a career-defining, potentially disastrous move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Agreed.

I do not see Roy trading away the 1st overall unless it is to go down a spot or two to get some added assets and to pick Drouin. Roy certainly will not trade out of the 1st overall unless he is getting a grand slam of a return, and Montreal is NOT one of the teams that NEEDS to give up that kind of package, no matter what some of our less informed hockey Habs fans might believe.

I also do NOT see Roy making a deal with the Habs that might make them better. His ego will not allow it.
Did I miss something? When was Roy hired on as the GM? I'm sure he'll be consulted, but it's not his call.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
  #72
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Did I miss something? When was Roy hired on as the GM? I'm sure he'll be consulted, but it's not his call.
I was under the impression that he had greater control over personnel than a simple coach would normally have. I thought he would have to get something more than simply consulted.


Quote:
The Colorado Avalanche announced on Twitter they have “reached an agreement in principle with Patrick Roy to become the franchise’s head coach and vice president of hockey operations.”
Quote:
According to the Avs, Roy will work with vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic on all “player personnel decisions” in addition to his coaching duties.
I might be wrong, but I think that supports my position.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23...oach-avalanche

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
  #73
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yes, Yakupov can be a franchise player. Did you know that Yakupov had more ice time than Gallagher AND played in 4 less games? Yakupov scored a massive 3 more points than Gallagher with more ice time and more games.

What do you mean nobody has put up 1st overall numbers from that draft class? Look at the PPG averages that Yakupov, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, and Huberdeau put up, and you will see how they are comparable to what Taylor Hall and John Tavares did in their rookie seasons. Those two are definitely franchise players. I am not saying that Yak or either Gally will be as good as those guys, but in their rookie season they did as well as them. Those are just 2 franchise 1st overall picks that Yak and the 2 Gallys had comparable rookie seasons to.

By the way, I compared Gallagher to Drouin, not MacKinnon. I compared Galchenyuk to MacKinnon.
Had Yakupov gotten one more point he would have broken the threshold from franchise to generational player.

I like how in people's minds the only franchise player can be the first overall from said draft.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:54 AM
  #74
simplysincere*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
No, I am not offended by someone calling a player overvalued. I do take offence to someone calling the players offered "trash". They are not, and if you can not see the difference in "trash" and "over valued" take a few more English classes.

Yes, asking for the 1st overall will take a huge offer. I have no problem with that. However, it may well not be worth the asking price. Pacioretty is not "trash", nor is he over valued. He is the only true point producing forward with size in our top 6. He is a need for this team. Seth Jones and MacKinon are great prospects who may well end up better...or not. Some 1st overall picks end up better than others. Give me Pacioretty over Erik Johnson, RNH, and Yakupov, for instance. Some of that is based in the players skill, and some is based on the team's needs. We need someone like Pacioretty far more than we need the 3 players I listed, whether or not one of those 3 may one day end up better or not due to the way our team has been put together.

By the way, there is no need to send Galchenyuk + for the 1st overall since Galchenyuk may well end up being as good as or beter than whomever gets picked this year. Giving up Galchenyuk + would be a step backwards for our development, not forwards. Heck, even Galchenyuk for the 1st overall straight up is most likely a lateral move. You do know that Galchenyuk and Gallagher produced at an offensive clip equivalent to quite a few recent 1st overall picks, right? No, I would imagine you were clueless about that, as well.

Thank the Lord you are an armchair GM and we Bergevin in control. It is always important to have knowledgeable hockey minds run a team.
What you offered for the 1st overall pick is considered "trash" for "gold". A 1 time 30 goal scorer (faux powerforward), an overrated blueline prospect who won't even crack the lineup next year, and a 2nd round pick for a 1st overall pick in a very deep draft which translates into a franchise player. If you want a franchise player you need to give a franchise player, it's that logical, which you've proven to not comprehend. To land the 1st overall pick, you need to give up your former 3rd overall pick and then some.

Thus far, MacKinnon is NHL ready, and is a very promising player to come. As is Galchenyuk, and that's why you would have to give him up and then some.

Johnson has not panned out to be a good 1st overall pick, but that's why I would never chose a goaltender or a defenseman as my 1st overall pick - they almost never live up to the expectation.

I'd take Hopkins and Yakupov any day over Pacioretty, and so would any other rational fan, except biased Habs fans who think all their players are superstars in comparison to reality and facts. That alone proves you have zero credibility when debating.

Bergevin, thus far, hasn't added anything relevant to the team since Gauthier. He acquired a defenseman who could not even crack the top 6, and added to former Habs players, who are not wanted anymore (Halpern, and Ryder).

I fail to see how he deserved a nomination for GM of the year. If anything, this validates that Therrien should've got coach of the year, because he basically took a team from 15th to 2nd with virtually the exact same team.


Last edited by simplysincere*: 05-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.
simplysincere* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
  #75
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 28,182
vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Not enough. Take out Quailer, then add Habs 1st round pick 2013 and a prospect like Collberg or Kristo.


To Avs:

- Max Pacioretty

- Nathan Beaulieu

- 1st round pick 13

- 2nd round pick 13 NAS (34th overall)

- Danny Kristo or Sebastian Collberg (Avs choice)


To Habs:

- 1st overall pick 13

- Greg Zanon


Seems a lot to give up, but that's what it would take. Might even not be enough. Still quality for quantity (relatively).
So essentially 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks might not be enough for the 1st overall pick and a throw in? Mon dieu

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.