http://www.lfpress.com/2013/10/06/ru...eferees-on-ice
Want some cheeze to go with the whine?

Old
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
dansk55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StungbySting View Post
The PP is definitely something that needs to be revisited. Too many perimeter players and too many perimeter passes. They need to dumb the PP down and get back to basics. Why not have a first unit of Goldobin, Latta and Hargrave parked in front of the net with DeAngelo and Duininck. Have a second unit of Nikandrov, Moore and DiPaolo parked in front of the net with King and Hore. Keep it simple by getting pucks to the net and let the big bodies in front cause havoc for the goalies and d-men. Not going to win too many games if you can't produce on the PP.
Revisit? Have we been there?

Old
10-07-2013, 03:41 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Have to admit you are right on them being predictable. Without a more productive powerplay, it will be a very long year. Watched the game on TV last night and have one criticism----why would they have Goldobin on in last minute of game with a lead.
Looking at the +- for the Sting, Goldobin is one of only 4 plus players. I'm not trying to say he is great defensively, but he is not as bad as most people think. He is also probably the best stick handler on the Sting, and if he was able to get the puck in traffic, he has the ability to create space for himself to get the puck out.

Old
10-07-2013, 05:35 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Looking at the +- for the Sting, Goldobin is one of only 4 plus players. I'm not trying to say he is great defensively, but he is not as bad as most people think. He is also probably the best stick handler on the Sting, and if he was able to get the puck in traffic, he has the ability to create space for himself to get the puck out.
I guess we can agree to disagree, but to me you have your best defensive forwards on in the last minute with a lead, not someone that is PURELY offensive.

Old
10-07-2013, 06:01 PM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
+/- is the worst stat in hockey

Old
10-08-2013, 07:06 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
I guess we can agree to disagree, but to me you have your best defensive forwards on in the last minute with a lead, not someone that is PURELY offensive.
Was it his fault that the tying goal was scored? Was unable to pay attention to the defensive play that game.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:29 AM
honey bee

I thought last night's game vs. London was the best game I have seen this team play. In spite of the loss, it is a step in the right direction. I thought everyone played hard, just need to get some scoring.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:49 PM
lazyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
I thought last night's game vs. London was the best game I have seen this team play. In spite of the loss, it is a step in the right direction. I thought everyone played hard, just need to get some scoring.
Well said. I have no complaints about the 2013-14 Sarnia Sting team as of yet. We knew the points would be hard to come by, but the effort is certainly there so the rest will surely follow. Hopefully they can keep up the effort and don't get too disheartened by their lack of results in the meantime.

Old
10-11-2013, 12:53 PM
StungbySting

I hope the lack of fans at the game was due to the Tigers - A's game because that was the smallest crowd I've seen at a Sting-Knights game in years.

Old
10-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
I hope the lack of fans at the game was due to the Tigers - A's game because that was the smallest crowd I've seen at a Sting-Knights game in years.
Just over 3300. Pretty bad. Especially when there was a mass exodus with 5 minutes left in a two goal game.

Old
10-12-2013, 12:51 PM
massey

Gutsy performance by Sting last night.One knew it was only time before the last minute of the game curse would change although almost didnt.Sean Reid is one of the worst ref's in the OHL.The Davis Brown incident into the bench and getting mugged and then punching a guy was at least one from each team.

Old
10-12-2013, 02:42 PM
honey bee

It was sure good to get a win, I must admit I was holding my breath for the last 27 seconds. Now the boys have a nice Thanksgiving break and hopefully come back ready to go and win some games!

Old
10-13-2013, 09:38 AM
dansk55

Quote:
good one... i'd go with that... but there is more or should i say less than meets the eye with the entire organization. towers unfortunately hold grudges...apparently for a long long time

Old
10-13-2013, 11:59 PM
mapleleaf979

Brett Hargrave plays a soft game for a big man. He has an NHL shot, skates really well for a big boy but he needs to have a Pit Bull mentality not a Great Dane. If Hargrave had the mentality of the Rupert Twins, that tenacious puck hunger, he would be a high NHL first round pick and would be hell do deal with.

Old
10-14-2013, 07:22 AM
dirk

Whats the latest on Renaud and White?...injured? healthy scratches?

Old
10-14-2013, 07:53 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Whats the latest on Renaud and White?...injured? healthy scratches?
They are just sitting as per rotating the others through the line up.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:52 AM
krauss72

Yakupov

Edmonton-Buffalo talking trade? With Buffalo GM Darcy Regier's job on the line and his greatest stars, Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller, both playing out contract years, a deal to send Vanek and Miller to Edmonton in exchange for a package that would include former No. 1 draft pick Nail Yakupov (twice a healthy scratch this season) has been rumoured.

Interesting....

Old
10-17-2013, 03:12 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Edmonton-Buffalo talking trade? With Buffalo GM Darcy Regier's job on the line and his greatest stars, Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller, both playing out contract years, a deal to send Vanek and Miller to Edmonton in exchange for a package that would include former No. 1 draft pick Nail Yakupov (twice a healthy scratch this season) has been rumoured.

Interesting....
so the family can pick up and move from Edmonton to USA just as easily...interesting indeed...

Old
10-17-2013, 04:25 PM
EON 93
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 400
Brett Hargrave has left the Sting, gone home waiting for a trade and a fresh start with a new team.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:23 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Brett Hargrave has left the Sting, gone home waiting for a trade and a fresh start with a new team.
A bit surprising, he got a good chunk of ice time in Sarnia, does he want more?

Old
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
StungbySting

Not a good sign for the Sting as an organization when one of your top players publically states he doesn't want to be here. The kid has a ton of potential but hasn't taken his game to the level Sting fans thought he could. I just want to see a fair return for him. Knights fans...Marner +???

Old
10-17-2013, 08:34 PM
EON 93
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 400
Quote:
Not a good sign for the Sting as an organization when one of your top players publically states he doesn't want to be here. The kid has a ton of potential but hasn't taken his game to the level Sting fans thought he could. I just want to see a fair return for him. Knights fans...Marner +???
That's a joke right.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:29 PM
honey bee

Big win for the Sting tonight, especially being down 2 goals and coming back to win. Great game, very entertaining. And an especially sweet win when one team member takes his stick and goes home. Looks bad on the Sting??? I think it looks worse on the player to be such a big suck. This team, I think, is beginning to gel. Let's hope tomorrow is a great win as well. Go Sting go!

Old
10-17-2013, 09:46 PM
defensehockey19

What can Sting fans tell me about Hargrave? How has he looked this season? How is he offensively/defensively? Decent skater? Use his size well?

Thanks in advance!!

Old
10-17-2013, 09:49 PM
massey

Quote:
Looks worst on the kid than it does on the Sting organization.Someone must have told Hargrave he was a superstar because he sure didnt show it.He goes to a contender and will be a 4th liner at best and not much icetime.Let him sit at home as they wont get much for him anyways.Maybe a 3rd or 4th round at best.He has improved some this year IMO.I would let him sit for a while just to show the others players this wont be tolerated.Lindros wantabe.

Closed Thread