*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2013, 05:12 PM
dansk55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Hargrave to Owen Sound for a conditional 2nd round pick, 3rd in 2017, and a 4th in 2014.
http://www.sarniasting.com/article/s...al-with-attack

Old
10-29-2013, 06:37 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Very good return if you ask me. I remember in his draft year that he was considered a late 1st rounder by a lot of scouts so getting a 2nd + depth picks is very good.
Agreed, As much as I would like have seen what hargrave looked like after this season,this is a good return for sure

Old
10-29-2013, 08:38 PM
lazyboy

I can't blame long standing Sting fans for being jaded. Heck I've only be in for 4 years and even I can see why they would be so frustrated. After nearly 20 years of the same old song and dance with no results I can't blame long suffering fans for their indifference/negative attitude towards the franchise. They've gone through continuous rebuilds with no end results. All that said colour me impressed with the new regime's results. No one expected much more than what they've accomplished in the standings this year but their compete level is second to none. With some departures and rotating scratches etc you can see the team first mentality that Letowski is trying to employ and I'd argue that instilling that attitude is more meaningful than a team stacked with talent. (you need both to succeed, but without the effort even the most talented teams will fail). Hopefully upper management can let this play out without interference. The organization has gone a long way in acquiring much needed picks and you can almost see the 'brick by brick' strategy taking place all over again. This time however the plan should be allowed to run its full coarse.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
RodeoClown

I think there are brighter days to come in Sarnia. Hang in there Sting fans! This is an impressive return for a guy who walked out on his team.

It could take a couple seasons of getting their feet back under them, but the Sting organization can recover from the hole Beaulieu has left it in.

Optimistic that Letowski is the man for the job behind the bench.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:38 AM
DrJenniferHanson
Cursed By A Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Hargrave to Owen Sound for a conditional 2nd round pick, 3rd in 2017, and a 4th in 2014.
@StingHockey
The 2nd round pick in 2016 is a conditional pick. The condition being if OS acquires a 2nd round pick in 2014 by the trade deadline - then the 2nd round pick will be in 2014 not in 2016.

Sarnia won that deal if you ask me. Loading up on picks Lombardi-style this year.

Old
10-31-2013, 04:24 PM
RossyYoungblood
Director of Scouting

Jordan Addesi has been claimed off waivers by the Plymouth Whalers.

Sarnia placed him on waivers after trying to reach trade.

Good move by management

Old
10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
massey

Quote:
Jordan Addesi has been claimed off waivers by the Plymouth Whalers.

Sarnia placed him on waivers after trying to reach trade.

Good move by management
Help me to understand why it was a good move.Thanks

Old
10-31-2013, 06:25 PM
RossyYoungblood
Director of Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Help me to understand why it was a good move.Thanks
Unable to trade him. Let the kid move on by placing him on waivers. Holding a grudge only reflects bad on the franchise (yes, I know it sucks but time to put this behind them)

Old
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
massey

Quote:
Unable to trade him. Let the kid move on by placing him on waivers. Holding a grudge only reflects bad on the franchise (yes, I know it sucks but time to put this behind them)
Good article in the Sarnia Observer about the Addessi deal.The Sting tried to trade him but no takers and they didnt want to hold him back.Good luck to him.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Styx and Stones

Class move by the Sting. Hurts a little now but will help with future draft negotiations. Well done.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:05 PM
massey

Well, we will take the win even though we were outplayed.Soo was impressive.The sting worked hard but just made some big mistakes.We have a hard time playing defensive when required.Everybody seems too interested in getting a goal instead of picking up a man and falling back.And to give up a shorthanded goal on a 5 on 3..Oh well hopefully they learn from their mistakes.let's get them tomorrow night Sting.Big weekend next week.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Well, we will take the win even though we were outplayed.Soo was impressive.The sting worked hard but just made some big mistakes.We have a hard time playing defensive when required.Everybody seems too interested in getting a goal instead of picking up a man and falling back.And to give up a shorthanded goal on a 5 on 3..Oh well hopefully they learn from their mistakes.let's get them tomorrow night Sting.Big weekend next week.
Interesting post, take out the first 6 words and it sounds like they lost. The only period I found they got outplayed was the first 10 min of the 3rd. Other than that it was a pretty even game. Both teams made mistakes, but that happens ever game. Big win for the Sting tonight.

Still trying to figure out how the Soo guy got kneeing.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Interesting post, take out the first 6 words and it sounds like they lost. The only period I found they got outplayed was the first 10 min of the 3rd. Other than that it was a pretty even game. Both teams made mistakes, but that happens ever game. Big win for the Sting tonight.

Still trying to figure out how the Soo guy got kneeing.
Just another game ref by Hutchison.Has to be the worst ref in the OHL and we get him a fair bit. Myers not much better. Been to games in London and Windsor against other teams than Sarnia and have to say thet the OHL is in trouble with its ref's.They can really take away from good games.

Old
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM
honey bee

Have to disagree with you Massey, did not think we were outplayed at all. Sting kept right up with the Greyhounds from the start, and to my amazement, kept it up for 60 minutes. You are right, it got a bit scrambly in the 3rd and the Sault scoring shorthanded was indeed a low point. There were mistakes made, those behind the back passes drive me crazy, but I thought all in all, we controlled the game. Looked like the boys are learning some plays and executed them well. Kudos to the team and the coaching staff. Now if they can do it again tonight.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:05 AM
dansk55

[QUOTE=honey bee;73693089]Have to disagree with you Massey, did not think we were outplayed at all."
Question for anyone who has an answer to this please.
I noticed Tony D was third star and when called, never came out. This is not the first time he's pulled this stunt. I thought he was an assistant captain for a reason, he showed leadership, not how to pull tantrums. when we lose, he never comes out. What's with that? Glad the other teams show their face, win or lose. Kudos to Wolves and others who do.
Strip the A in my opinion very gutless and classless act.
Also, the fight. You knew it was coming after renaud hit dehaan. Ironically, goldobmin was hit in same spot a week earlier and none of our players came to his rescue. Reason why or why not would be welcomed? To me that shows we are not a team. I have theories but sure you would not like my hypothesis.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Shaun Bisson

[QUOTE=dansk55;73756017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bee View Post
Have to disagree with you Massey, did not think we were outplayed at all."
Question for anyone who has an answer to this please.
I noticed Tony D was third star and when called, never came out. This is not the first time he's pulled this stunt. I thought he was an assistant captain for a reason, he showed leadership, not how to pull tantrums. when we lose, he never comes out. What's with that? Glad the other teams show their face, win or lose. Kudos to Wolves and others who do.
Strip the A in my opinion very gutless
I can say that sometimes the game day staff don't grab the players to go
Back out onto the ice. I'm also fairly positive Anthony was first into the room after the game so there's a chance he didn't even know.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:00 AM
massey

[QUOTE=Shaun Bisson;73756993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post

Back out onto the ice. I'm also fairly positive Anthony was first into the room after the game so there's a chance he didn't even know.
Agree with Dansk,His down fault still is his attiyude.Yes I like when a player plays with an attitude to win but needs to reel it in after the game and support the fans as they support him.If it is Day time staff fault then get rid of the staff or pick the 3 stars ealier.Like it takes the last minute to figuire them out.It is sad when the opposing team players come out when they are a star and some Sting cant. If it is DeAngelo he needs to grow some melons at act like a man,not a sand box relic.

Old
11-03-2013, 11:24 AM
dansk55

[QUOTE=Shaun Bisson;73756993]
Quote:

don't buy that explanation or excuse... I am sure Brody sends that info down well before the final seconds. IF they can catch the opposition, they can catch the Sting too. Think he is a poor sport..who disses the fans and his team. I'd like to see the team have the gonads to do something to stop childish behaviour. They had no problem doing it with Addessi...

Old
11-03-2013, 12:41 PM
WhalerBlue

I have questions regarding Addesi. Why did he want out? What are your thoughts of of his play while in Sarnia? I hope he works out for us in Plymouth. He seemed pretty happy to come here and that made me wonder if he was unhappy in Sarnia and why?

Old
11-03-2013, 04:02 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
I have questions regarding Addesi. Why did he want out? What are your thoughts of of his play while in Sarnia? I hope he works out for us in Plymouth. He seemed pretty happy to come here and that made me wonder if he was unhappy in Sarnia and why?
My Opinion was he was caught in a numbers game.Too many forwards and some had to be healthy scratches.We then had Hargrave wanting out because his parents thought is was best for Hargrave.hargrave had lots of ice but didnt produce and was getting pushed down on to the 3 rd line.Didnt like that.Addessi could have played more with hargrave gone but it kind of happened in the same time.Addessi sat out too many games IMO.He played hard but ltd talent but again,didnt get to see him much.Most fans in my section felt the Sting was playing other players ahead of Addessi and shouldn't have been.Wont mention 1 player being played more was the owners son.I have no sympathy for Hargrave but feel sorry for Addessi.Wish him luck in Plymouth

Old
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Hfbid

Owner's son playing more!

Can I ask a question: are deals being cut coming into OHL like minor hockey. Playing time etc?

Everyone is discussing prior to Hargrave move how this would hurt him.

Can a team break a kid to point where he doesn't get drafted or simply become disfunctional?

Why is negative reinforcement the norm in hockey?

Some kids like the Russian seem to be able to be comfortable with just playing and has little fear of making mistakes others are sty filled by it.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:55 PM
RossyYoungblood
Director of Scouting

Sting have signed overage forward Erik Robichaud, former PEI Rocket last year (scored 31P)

He's been playing with the Abitibi Eskimos of the NOJHL (24P in 13 GP)

Looks to be an undersized skilled centerman

Old
11-06-2013, 04:01 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Sting have signed overage forward Erik Robichaud, former PEI Rocket last year (scored 31P)

Robichaud attended Oshawa"s and I believe was in Guelph as well this year
before moving on

Old
11-06-2013, 04:01 PM
dansk55

Quote:

so where does he fit and who does he feed?

Old
11-06-2013, 05:32 PM
massey

Quote:
so where does he fit and who does he feed?
Well I think he will start out on the third line.He is listed as a C & LW also.first line is set,2nd line will be Kodola,Nikandrov and Korostelev,3rd line will be Robichaud,Bushnell and Brown or Carnevele.I choose Bushnell to protect him and Brown.It appears he is small but has 12 goals and 12 assists in 13 games so far.Obviuosly can snipe but set up also.Who knows,he didnt cost much I Doubt. Sting has to do something to keep the little bit of crowd they get coming back. Who knows MIGHT make 1st round of playoffs.We do need secondary scoring for sure.

Closed Thread