Notices

Beauchemin: Torn ACL (surgery to come)

Old
05-14-2013, 05:59 PM
paintball0531

vCash: 500
Beauchemin: Torn ACL (surgery to come)

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 3h
Murray also said Francois Beauchemin was playing with torn ACL for a while. Will undergo surgery as soon as they arrange it.

If this is true we are in some trouble for next year as i have personally had this injury and beuch wont be returning to at least january which would be 7 months with a very fast recovery

Last edited by Vipers31: 05-14-2013 at 06:20 PM.
paintball0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball0531 View Post
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 3h
Murray also said Francois Beauchemin was playing with torn ACL for a while. Will undergo surgery as soon as they arrange it.

If this is true we are in some trouble for next year as i have personally had this injury and beuch wont be returning to at least january which would be 7 months with a very fast recovery
That is exaggerating. I've had a torn ACL myself, as well. 7 months might be around the norm for average people, but for professional athletes, 5-6 months is the usual recovery time. Some are even quicker these days, and take less than 5.

It's still terrible news as he'll miss camp (at least including contact) and very likely the beginning of the season. Early/mid November would be my guess.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Wow, this explains why his play dropped off the last few weeks.

He may be back in 5-6 months but it will take atleast a year for him to feel normal. Not to mention this is his second ACL tear.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:47 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Wow, this explains why his play dropped off the last few weeks.
Yet he was still one of our best Dmen.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Well this makes our need for a defender even bigger now IMO.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:49 PM
tohon

Is it the same ACL he tore before?

tohon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:55 PM
paintball0531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
That is exaggerating. I've had a torn ACL myself, as well. 7 months might be around the norm for average people, but for professional athletes, 5-6 months is the usual recovery time. Some are even quicker these days, and take less than 5.

It's still terrible news as he'll miss camp (at least including contact) and very likely the beginning of the season. Early/mid November would be my guess.
im sorry but you are wrong as a normal person usually takes around 10 months to a year to return to sports. At 5 months it is unsafe to being pushing the ligament at the level one would need to play in the nhl as it could re tear easily. It also depends on which type of surgery he has. I would assume they would prefer the patellar tendon graft instead of a cadaver due to the strength and the risk of his body not accepting it. If he comes back in five months it will be a rare case and willl set some type of record but i sure hope you are right

paintball0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohon View Post
Is it the same ACL he tore before?
Wouldn't necessarily be a need for concern, these days. The days where tearing an ACL multiple times was career-ending are past. With these high-end reconstructions pro athletes especially receive, some surgeons say the knee can end up more stable than before. As long as there's no cartilage damage, it's just a matter of time, effort and some pain.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball0531 View Post
At 5 months it is unsafe to being pushing the ligament at the level one would need to play in the nhl as it could re tear easily. It also depends on which type of surgery he has. I would assume they would prefer the patellar tendon graft instead of a cadaver due to the strength and the risk of his body not accepting it. If he comes back in five months it will be a rare case and willl set some type of record but i sure hope you are right
That's usually what they do, and there's no inherent risk for it to tear after 5 months. It's an even more common injury and procedure in soccer, and 5 months is pretty much the rule these days (for pro athletes; 10-12 months for regular people would be a very slow process for regular people, at least in their 20-30s, as well). The time frame where the inserted tendon has "fully" cicatrized to offer good stability can be shorter. There's a lot of pressure these athletes (and in hockey even moreso than in soccer, I believe) can take off the ACL by developing a strong muscle-corset, which he'll be able to work on a lot earlier. Anyway, let's just hope for the best.

Last edited by Vipers31: 05-14-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old
05-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Paul4587

Beauch tore his ACL in 08-09. Did it in mid November and was back playing by early April. So that time it took him 4.5 - 5 months, far from the 10 months some think it will take. That being said I would expect it to take a while after he first plays before he's truly recovered.

It show what a warrior he is playing through that.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post

I believe some of that recovery time can be attributed to things like growth hormones which, to my knowledge, are legal for players to use in recovery situations.

05-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Beauch tore his ACL in 08-09. Did it in mid November and was back playing by early April. So that time it took him 4.5 - 5 months, far from the 10 months some think it will take. That being said I would expect it to take a while after he first plays before he's truly recovered.

It show what a warrior he is playing through that.
This. Beachemin isn't normal, either in his personal physiology or in his workouts - he's supposed to be a freak when it comes to rehab.

It does open up a little cap room to play with for a few months of the next season as well.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:11 PM
AngelDuck

Hopefully this forces Murray into actually addressing the defense for once in his life

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Hopefully this forces Murray into actually addressing the defense for once in his life
Was he dead last summer when he added Souray and Allen, and perhaps a space alien when he added Lovejoy when Fowler went down? In the drunk tank when Lydman was signed? Mind controlled by Burke when Visnovsky was acquired?

Old
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Was he dead last summer when he added Souray and Allen, and perhaps a space alien when he added Lovejoy when Fowler went down? In the drunk tank when Lydman was signed? Mind controlled by Burke when Visnovsky was acquired?
at Souray and Allen. Yeah, they sure did help the defense. Now we're stuck with those two near useless plugs for the next two years. Brilliant signings by Murray.

Lovejoy, I'll give him that. Good move.

His options were to keep Lubo for one more year or trade him for a second round pick and sign Souray for 3 years. I'm sorry, he chose wrong.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
at Souray and Allen. Yeah, they sure did help the defense. Now we're stuck with those two near useless plugs for the next two years. Brilliant signings by Murray.

His options were to keep Lubo for one more year or trade him for a second round pick and sign Souray for 3 years. I'm sorry, he chose wrong.
To be fair Souray was great for 3/4 of the season. I still think he was playing hurt at the end but I guess we're not going to find out. Allen was exactly as advertised from about the 30 game mark onwards. Physical, good in front of the net, good on the PK but not a puck mover at all.

I do think having both creates a serious mobility issue on our backend and I agree re keeping Visnovsky over Souray but I'm not sure how effective Vis would have been for us anyway. Playing for the Isles seemed to re-energize him somewhat.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

Just because not every move has worked out doesn't mean he hasn't addressed the defense (which is what you actually said).

I said before the season that I felt Souray was a buyout candidate, and I still feel that way IF Samueli is serious about building a contender and is willing to eat the $$ (I am aware this is a big "if"). His contract only had the NTC for the 1st year though, so he CAN be traded. He was effective for 3/4 of the regular season, I'm not sure if he's injured or just too old to play every other day like Selanne is.

I'm of the belief that Allen was a good pickup by the end of the year. I think he took some time to learn the system and it appeared he got rocked by that flu, but as a 5-6 and PK guy I'm fine with him.

Edit - Paul is a ninja.....

Old
05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:

Seriously.... Some of you guys are illogical or delusional when it comes to your hate for Murray. Just make stuff up when you have nothing else to criticize him for. He has added more defenders then any position since he started here.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:05 PM
AngelDuck

OK, maybe my choice of words wasn't the best. My point was that he hasn't really assembled a good defense in his tenure in Anaheim

Old
05-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Exit Dose

What's baffling about that statement is that this thread is for an injury report on someone that Murray acquired to fix our defensive issues.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 09:14 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What's baffling about that statement is that this thread is for an injury report on someone that Murray acquired to fix our defensive issues.
After refusing to re-sign him in the first place then giving away a good defense prospect and a top 6 forward. Truly genius

Old
05-14-2013, 11:38 PM
IDuck

damn beauch, you are truely a warrior....would like to find out about sbisa and souray...hopefully lydman recovers well too

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:04 AM
DaGeneral

Quote:
After refusing to re-sign him in the first place then giving away a good defense prospect and a top 6 forward. Truly genius
Lol just admit that you don't like him, first you claim he did nothing.. Then you're reminded that he did in fact do something.. We'll then that wasn't good enough for you.

Point is he assembled a team that finished as the second seed, way head of schedule.

DaGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Unbelievable guts by Beauch, what a personality.

But, looking at the whole picture - what the hell is happening with our defense and injuries. Last time we were in playoffs, our top pair of Lydman and Lubo were injured. Well, they were playing more minutes IIRC and wasn`t as tough as Beauch.

I`m pretty sure we could play completely different series with healthy Beauch, but why the hell these injuries happens to our defense? For once, we looked pretty tough back there. Was this just a bad luck? I guess so.

PS
Get well Beauch!

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote