LA vs Detroit

Old
05-29-2013, 03:01 PM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

vCash: 500
LA vs Detroit

Hey Guys,

Coming in peace. Just wanted to ask. If LA plays Detroit, who do you want to win? Not the overall cup, just this series.

I'm sure you wish that there would be some cosmic explosion wiping both teams off the map...but in all seriousness? or don't care?

Take care!

The Fatman....

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Hey Guys,

Coming in peace. Just wanted to ask. If LA plays Detroit, who do you want to win? Not the overall cup, just this series.

I'm sure you wish that there would be some cosmic explosion wiping both teams off the map...but in all seriousness? or don't care?

Take care!

The Fatman....
This is a bit pointless. If you are a fan of the Kings you know or should know Duck fans hate the Kings above all else.

I don't want them to win a single game. Ever.

That being said, **** me your team is good.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Detorit...easily.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:41 PM
DarthYenik

The Wings are my second favorite team, so there you go. It'll be nice next year when they're in the east, and I'll officially care about a team out there.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
jeffl97

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
This is a bit pointless. If you are a fan of the Kings you know or should know Duck fans hate the Kings above all else.

I don't want them to win a single game. Ever.

That being said, **** me your team is good.
on the bold. How many times have the Ducks played the Kings in the playoffs? 0. That's where true rivalries are born. I hate them when we play them, but I honestly don't hate them as much as the wings. I would even wager to say most Ducks fans just hate Kings fans moreso than the Kings themselves.

@ OP. I'd rather the Kings win than the Wings. I hate the Wings.

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:51 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

The Kings and Ducks don't nearly have the same rivalry as the Wings and Ducks on the ice. Aside from having to play the Kings 2-3 more times a year, the Ducks and Kings might as well be from different states IMO.

For several years that both teams made the playoffs, the Ducks have matched up against the Wings on countless occasions. The animosity and hatred grows pretty big for Detroit.

Geographical rival vs. on-ice rival. For me, I want Detroit to lose with a passion. I don't like the Kings persay, but if I have to choose the lesser of two evils, I want the Kings to win.

Regardless, we are going to see someone who has won the cup in the last 5 years win again.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Wings..... Some of my closest friends are wing fans. So **** it go wings?

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 920
I hate Kings fans (aka bandwagon fans) more than the Wings team. So I want the Wings to win even though our rivalry with the Wings team is greater than the Kings team. Plus Pitt will beat both of them.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:04 PM
EarlGrey

I wouldn't cheer for LA if they were the only hockey team on earth...or in the universe.

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
on the bold. How many times have the Ducks played the Kings in the playoffs? 0. That's where true rivalries are born. I hate them when we play them, but I honestly don't hate them as much as the wings. I would even wager to say most Ducks fans just hate Kings fans moreso than the Kings themselves.

@ OP. I'd rather the Kings win than the Wings. I hate the Wings.
I guess I would argue this is where rivalries are born. By your argument Minnesota is a bigger rival to the Ducks than the Kings are.

To me fans build rivalries. Certainly who you play in important games means something. But to me isn't the whole picture.

You are certainly free to hate whomever you like. I would just argue many more fans would say Kings over Wingss, especially with Detroit moving to the East.

Old
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Worst WCF EVER to me, but yeah I think I'd prefer the Red Wimps to win the series. This means the Kings will win it.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:09 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
I have a respect for the Kings, they are a solid team from top to bottom, not a fan of all the players on the team but it's hard to deny how well they are doing. What I dislike is the juvenile kings fans I have run across over the years (mind you I am not saying all kings fans are juvenile and I am not saying I dislike all Kings fans, just the ones that insist on being complete tools). I know that Kings fans say the same thing about some Ducks fans too. We don't mention when we cross a good fan from the other side because, well we don't tend to talk to fans from the other side unless someone from one side is doing something stupid. My hope is for the blackhawks to take out the wings and the kings and win it all, I'd like the president's curse over. If they don't then I am backing Boston and not really caring if it is LA or Detroit.

DuckTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
la patineuse

Why does a kings fan even care what Ducks fans think? All they do is talk **** about the team and us every time they get a chance, so why bother coming here to ask such a pointless question?

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Chicago.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
jeffl97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
I guess I would argue this is where rivalries are born. By your argument Minnesota is a bigger rival to the Ducks than the Kings are.

To me fans build rivalries. Certainly who you play in important games means something. But to me isn't the whole picture.

You are certainly free to hate whomever you like. I would just argue many more fans would say Kings over Wingss, especially with Detroit moving to the East.
"They are geographically close, and I met a Kings fan once I didn't like" I know that's not what you said, and I'm not putting words in your mouth, but that's how that argument comes across. It's petty and means very little. Detroit is our biggest rival:

2012 - lost to Detroit

2009 -- lost to Detroit

2007 -- beat Detroit

2003 -- beat Detroit

1999 -- lost to Detroit

1997 -- lost to Detroit

both times we beat detroit we ended up going to the finals, once we won. our path is almost always through detroit.

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Professor John Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
"They are geographically close, and I met a Kings fan once I didn't like" I know that's not what you said, and I'm not putting words in your mouth, but that's how that argument comes across. It's petty and means very little. Detroit is our biggest rival:

2012 - lost to Detroit

2009 -- lost to Detroit

2007 -- beat Detroit

2003 -- beat Detroit

1999 -- lost to Detroit

1997 -- lost to Detroit

both times we beat detroit we ended up going to the finals, once we won. our path is almost always through detroit.

If you know that isn't what I am saying then why even bother using it as an argument? I feel like the only people who would use that as reasoning are fans who come to a few games a year and sit next to a rowdy Kings fan. Certainly not an argument an avid fan who knows his history would use.

Who the Ducks played in the past isn't the only thing that matters me to. To me rivalries are built by fans as much as the players playing the games. If fans didn't argue or harass one another rivalries wouldn't exist.

I know the Ducks history, and I know what you are saying. I just disagree. There is no right answer here just opinion.

Old
05-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Paul4587

Detroit. **** the Kings - rivalry's aside I will never root for a team that employs Dustin Brown as their captain. The most dishonorable player in hockey hands down.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la patineuse View Post
Why does a kings fan even care what Ducks fans think? All they do is talk **** about the team and us every time they get a chance, so why bother coming here to ask such a pointless question?
I was measuring the depths of our rivalry by the responses posted. Some have said that LA and Anaheim is not a true rivalry because we have not hit each other over a 7 game series. To some degree, I fully agree with this and was further hypothesizing that our rivalry was more based on our close proximity and rooted in fans going back and forth which you pointed out and then demonstrated so eloquently.

But hey guys, in all seriousness, appreciate the time so thank you for those who responded.

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:43 PM
rocsfeather
jump

Kings. Hate Detroit.

rocsfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Tiny Biggs

Send a message via ICQ to Tiny Biggs
I could not care less anymore about what happens in the West. That being said I hope Wings win it, as I'd like to see the Cup traveling to my beloved homeland after it's all over.

But just like what happened with SJ (and Niemi) being eliminated last night, after 20 minutes of the game it was all the same to me again.

It's Ducks or nothing.

Tiny Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

pretty premature if you ask me. Chicago can take their game tonight, making this whole thread moot.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

Personally I hope the Canucks charter crashes into the JLA during the game.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:06 PM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

Go Chicago...

AngelDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
pretty premature if you ask me. Chicago can take their game tonight, making this whole thread moot.
I really hope so.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
I was measuring the depths of our rivalry by the responses posted. Some have said that LA and Anaheim is not a true rivalry because we have not hit each other over a 7 game series. To some degree, I fully agree with this and was further hypothesizing that our rivalry was more based on our close proximity and rooted in fans going back and forth which you pointed out and then demonstrated so eloquently.

But hey guys, in all seriousness, appreciate the time so thank you for those who responded.
Again, why do you care?

And if you REALLY ( don't believe this for a second) about what Ducks fans think, then I'll tell you what I think. There is no rivalry between the teams except for proximity. In the games that matter, the Ducks and kings have never played each other. The fans going back and forth as you say has always been instigated by kings fans who have treated Ducks fans like**** from the inception of the Ducks franchise and had nothing to do with rivalry. Hatred is not synonymous with rivalry.

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote