HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Three Columbus First Rounders are in Play

Old
05-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
What would CBJ offer for Vanek?

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:28 PM
stevo61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What would CBJ offer for Vanek?
We would need to shed salary to do that. Either by you taking Umberger which i doubt youd be fond of or us finding a way around it. The only worry as you know is what happens after next year

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Glassman who scored at barely a .5 PPG clip this season (when he was actually healthy) and is 30 years old and signed at $5M? Yeah, and people in the Havlat thread are suggesting he's worth a 4th rounder.
I'd take Havlat over Glassman but then again I have a soft spot for Marty.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:39 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
We would need to shed salary to do that. Either by you taking Umberger which i doubt youd be fond of or us finding a way around it. The only worry as you know is what happens after next year
We can retain cap hit.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
A late first round pick for Hemsky isn't that bad of a deal, don't know what you're laughing at.
The fact that Jarmo made his bones by being one of the best scouts in the business. I think the laughter is at the assumption that he couldn't do much better keeping the picks and drafting someone who could make a long term impact. We'll see what kind of GM he turns out to be, but I'll bet you a buck he builds from within.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Scotianhab

Habs don't have much to offer. Bourque or Gionta plus a 2nd for the middle first or late first? Desharnais could also be available.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I wonder how much a player like Ryan would cost.
This is one guy I have had my eye on, along with Stastny. For Ryan I'm sure we'd have to send a d-man their way, not sure what else it would take. They seem to want someone to play with Fowler. No idea what it would take to get Stastny, or if he's even available, but I think he'd fit in well between Atkinson and Calvert.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Jacques Strap

Del Zotto for NYR 1st back.

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Ricky Bobby

Grabovski

for

LA 1st

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

What would the Flyers add if they did the 11th and 72nd for the 14th and 19th?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Roof Daddy

Would Hemsky + 37 + 56 get 14th? If not, 19th?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:38 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Stafford for LAK 1st.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:30 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Yes and no. Hemsky comes in next year, finds chemistry with Gaborik and puts up 60+ points and helps you get into the playoffs, he's already earned that late 1st pick. Hemsky comes in next year, gets hurt and/or struggles, you dump him at the deadline for a 2nd/3rd rounder and you've only dropped 10-20 spots in the draft. You also have his $5 million cap hit off the books in one year to use on re-signing Gaborik.

The UFA after the season decreasing value thing is partly true and partly myth. Brent Burns was one year removed from being a UFA when he returned, essentially, three first rounders.

Hemsky's not going to draw any Pavel Datsyuk comparisions, but he's hardly a defensive liability. I know you can't judge anything/everything on +/- but the fact that he was a positive player on two of the worst teams in Oilers history, shows that he's not a defensive blackhole. I think he's actually fairly underrated when it comes to defence.

Hemsky has settled into about a 40 point groove the last two seasons, but he's only two years removed from being on a consistent 65-80 point pace.

I actually think that Hemsky for a 26-30 draft pick could be the steal of the offseason if some team were to pull it off. The biggest thing I think that Hemsky has going for him that Martin Havlat doesn't is that contract flexibility. If you trade a 26-30 draft pick for Hemsky and Hemsky doesn't pan out, at worst, you've given up a prospect for a guy you wave goodbye to next summer (That's assuming he has no value at the deadline). If you trade for Havlat and he doesn't pan out, you still have another year of him in which you owe him an extra $1 million in addition to his $5 million cap hit. Hemsky gives you flexibility, if he works with Gaborik or makes Johansen more of a consistent offensive threat, then you can work with him on a new contract or still let him go for space. If he doesn't, you simply cut your losses at the end of the year. If Havlat works out, then great, but his $5 million cap hit for the following season is cap hit that could be used for Gaborik and represents real dollars that your ownership would have to spend to get rid of him. I think it's Hemsky over Havlat by a mile.
I find it funny how you try to justify Hemsky's value at a 1st rounder. It doesnt matter what his "pace" might have been, the fact is that he hasnt scored over 60 points in five seasons, and he hasnt played over 80 games in over eight seasons. He is a skillful player, but no way am I sending a 1st rounder, even a late one at it, for him.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Habs don't have much to offer. Bourque or Gionta plus a 2nd for the middle first or late first? Desharnais could also be available.
Bourque isn't going anywhere, give your head a shake.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:46 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
per Craig Custance

While Scott Howson was in Columbus we had numerous Ales Hemsky and/or Linus Omark to Columbus rumors and proposals. I wonder if Kekalainen would like a Hemsky/Omark package enough to move a first for it? That would then leave Edmonton able to move their own first for a defenceman.
No thank you.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:48 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Of course they're in play, so is probably over half the roster if the right value is there.

The mantra of the current front office is to improve the hockey club, they have repeatedly and publicly stated as much. The prerequisite is that whatever move is made helps in both the immediate and future.
Exactly

Old
05-30-2013, 09:54 PM
DJB

vCash: 172
Jarmo must not have much faith in his scouting staff if he wants to move these picks...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 09:57 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Would Hemsky + 37 + 56 get 14th? If not, 19th?
Nope

Old
05-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Ginu

Bourque?
Gionta?
Desharnais?
Markov?
Diaz?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:30 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

what spots do lumbus' 1sts represent?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:47 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Jarmo must not have much faith in his scouting staff if he wants to move these picks...
We don't know if he wants to move them. He's just putting the idea of trading them out there.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:57 PM
jarmoismyhero

Don't do it Jarmo...You know how to build a team through the draft use your success as a building block but don't let it cloud your judgment.

As a Blues fan do it.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 05:43 AM
CBJFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
3 1st's+Murray for Seguin
most lopsided trade in sports history

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 07:10 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Blue Jackets GM happy to hold three 1st-round picks

Quote:
"It seems like it's a good draft, but I always am kind of cautious about getting too excited about the good drafts or too pessimistic when people say it's a down year because someone will always surprise you in a good way or, unfortunately, in a bad way," Kekalainen told NHL.com at the NHL Scouting Combine. "Either way, we're excited for our franchise with three first-round picks."

"We're going to keep our options open and we're going to be open for talks," he said. "I've expressed the willingness to move one of those picks [prior to making a selection] if we could get some help for our team. But we're not looking for any short-term fix or a quick solution. We're looking for a top prospect in return or a player that's still young and can contribute for our team for the long term.

"We might be looking to move up, or move back, but it all comes down to what's available at the time our pick comes up."

"I think you'll find a lot of opinions; there are a lot of good prospects at the top and at the end of the day, everyone is going to make their own decision, but it's probably closer this year than in some of the other years," Kekalainen said. "When it's close, and especially with the multiple picks we have, a tiebreaker could be selecting a position of need. As a principle, though, I would always take the best player available."

Kekalainen's reasoning behind that is simple.

"Your needs might change by the time that player is ready to contribute for your team," he said. "It usually takes four to five years. Suppose one draft year we are in need of a defender, and we choose a defender. But what happens in four to five years when we all of a sudden have a completely different picture with our team?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what spots do lumbus' 1sts represent?
14th, 19th and 27, 29 or 30, depending where Kings end up.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Jarmo is good, no doubt.

But you are assuming that Davidson isn't going to play interference like he is prone to do. You never know, it could out to be another situation such as turning Couture into nothing significant. Davidson already squandered chance of drafting someone like Lindholm or Monahan by a misguided attempt at trying to (and failing) to make the playoffs, while trading away promising piece such as Brassard (who performed better down the stretch than Gaborik) and Moore.

They should have been trying to move up and grab someone like Drouin, not moving down. Let's see if Davidson's head is thick enough to muck it up yet again.
Pretty funny post. The team, as constructed this year, was Scott Howson's team. I'm not a Howson fanboy but he got the CBJ their 3 first round picks AND put the roster on the ice that got the CBJ in contention. The addition of Gaborik did not have an impact on draft position either way and if you knew anything about the CBJ you would realize that Brassard did not have anywhere near the success in his 6 years with the CBJ as he has had in his short time with the Rangers. John Moore had become the odd man out on the defensive end due to injury and being passed by Prout and Erixon. Both can be solid players (Moore is the best asset in that deal) but they did not have any impact on the CBJ draft position. Were you aware that Moore nor Dorsett were playing at the time of the trade and that Brassard was playing well but nothing more than a 3rd line center (of which CBJ had others to handle that role.

I'm not sure how Davidson "squandered the chance of drafting someone like Lindholm or Monahan...." I'd ask you to enlighten me but this isn't the thread for that I suppose. Suffice it to say the NYR/CBJ trade was good for both teams and had no impact on draft position. It was also the only significant modification to the roster outside of Howson's moves that, currently, will have any impact beyond this season.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote