HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Three Columbus First Rounders are in Play

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2013, 10:33 AM
  #76
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Would Hemsky + 37 + 56 get 14th? If not, 19th?
I don't think the CBJ are looking to move 1st round picks for players over 25/26. From what info we get in Columbus it sounds like all moves would be made for players covered by RFA status or prospects ready to make the NHL. I'm not proposing anything but as examples.... Neidereiter or Brayden Schenn type players. Those are two that popped in my head as "fitting the criteria". I don't see Hemsky as a fit on the CBJ, certainly not with the thoughts of re-signing Gaborik. I just don't see two expiring contract players moved for significant assets.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:41 AM
  #77
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Jarmo must not have much faith in his scouting staff if he wants to move these picks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Don't do it Jarmo...You know how to build a team through the draft use your success as a building block but don't let it cloud your judgment.

As a Blues fan do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Blue Jackets should hold onto their 3 1st rounders.

There a team that looked better then they likely are because of the shortened season where they had a hot goalie whose unlikely to repeat his Vezina like performance over a full season.

Blue Jackets need to be patient.
I don't get these. The CBJ has three first round picks. You don't think they should consider moving either one or two of those for player(s) that make the team better? Has nothing to do with counting or Jarmo's history in the draft. He's the team's GM - it's his job to improve the team, whether that means using all three picks, moving up or down in the draft or trading one or more for young/prime players.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
  #78
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Jarmo must not have much faith in his scouting staff if he wants to move these picks...
He doesn't. Just like the other 29 GM's don't. Every team in the league would move draft picks to improve their team. EVERY TEAM. The catch is they'll all say "only for the right deal" just as Jarmo has done. Colorado is willing to move the 1st overall too and as I hear it Florida, Tampa, Edmonton and several others have said their picks are available....


Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:59 AM
  #79
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I don't get these. The CBJ has three first round picks. You don't think they should consider moving either one or two of those for player(s) that make the team better? Has nothing to do with counting or Jarmo's history in the draft. He's the team's GM - it's his job to improve the team, whether that means using all three picks, moving up or down in the draft or trading one or more for young/prime players.
My feeling is Jarmo could use the picks in a trade but for the sake of their franchise I hope he'd only do it for a younger player who will be with the team for years.

The Jackets have a good D and possibly a good to very good goalie (he needs to prove it over a longer period of time) but the forward group is terrible.

I see the Blue Jackets a few years away from being a good team and with lots of cap space if they choose the trade route over the UFA route I think they should be looking to take on players that are good buy low candidates because of the cap decreasing that would cost little compared to there upside in trades. I'm talking players like Grabovski, Perron, T. Ruutu who should bounce back and don't have medium length contract. Or they could always take on a cap dump like Booth or Havlat cause they've only got 2 years left on their deals.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:03 AM
  #80
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
I'd have a hard time believing that Kekalainen would be looking for guys who are on the down side of their career as 'immediate' help. Sure, Omark could be a useful NHLer one day but Hemsky helps for 1 year then can walk? If if he re-signs, how effective can he be and for how long?
While I agree that I'm not sure if Hemsky entices Columbus in any way, he isn't on the downside of his career. He needs to be put on a team where he can be in the top six and feel secure about his spot on the team. He's a quality top six NHL'er now that his shoulder injuries are behind him, but he just doesn't fit on the Oil anymore. Again, not saying Columbus has interest, and I doubt he'd fetch a first rounder anyway.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:22 AM
  #81
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
While I agree that I'm not sure if Hemsky entices Columbus in any way, he isn't on the downside of his career. He needs to be put on a team where he can be in the top six and feel secure about his spot on the team. He's a quality top six NHL'er now that his shoulder injuries are behind him, but he just doesn't fit on the Oil anymore. Again, not saying Columbus has interest, and I doubt he'd fetch a first rounder anyway.
Oilers fans have been saying forever the Hemsky's injury issues are behind then he goes out and gets injured again. The guy is a lemon whose upside at this point is a 2nd line forward but he hasn't been a good one for quite sometime despite being given ample opportunities to prove otherwise.

Hemsky doesn't score a lot but still does have potential to, can't stay healthy, isn't a big and physical grinding type player that teams desire in the playoffs, doesn't kill penalties, doesn't fight. Hemsky at this point is a player who occassionally wows fans cause he has slick moves but at his cap hit is a bad contract.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:25 AM
  #82
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 92,687
vCash: 50
What would Pittsburgh have to offer to get either Columbus's Kings or Rangers pick?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:17 PM
  #83
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
What would Pittsburgh have to offer to get either Columbus's Kings or Rangers pick?
James Neal

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:22 PM
  #84
Walter Kovacs
Playoff's ?!?!?!
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
1) Hemsky is a UFA after the season, which lowers his value.
2) All of those players are better in their own end than the one-dimensional Hemsky.
3) Hemsky's production the last two season has been **** poor for a one-dimensional player.
That there shows you have no clue what your talking about when it comes to Hemsky.

Walter Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
  #85
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hemsky's closest comparable in this league is Martin Havlat. Everyone in the Havlat thread is saying that he has absolutely no value and should be bought out.

Would you give a first for Martin Havlat?
Havlat is under contract though for 2 more years though, which IMO is a negative compared to 1 year for Hemsky.

I think that the picks would be involved for a long term solution. I can't imagine that JK would see Hemsky or Havlat as a significant upgrade or a long term solution.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:50 PM
  #86
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
What would Pittsburgh have to offer to get either Columbus's Kings or Rangers pick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
James Neal
Jackets need forwards, scoring forwards, who are young (ELC) or in/entering their prime. Don't have to be elite, but to get a first-round pick would have to valuable enough to trade away said first-round pick.

Who besides Neal and Bennett fit that bill? No one, I don't think. Would Pens trade either one?

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:57 PM
  #87
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 18,125
vCash: 500
To CLB- Kesler
To VAN- Johansen, 15th overall

Kesler goes home to Ohio, Johansen goes home to Vancouver.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 12:59 PM
  #88
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyMcOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,527
vCash: 50
As an Edmonton fan, no.

He's certainly worth a late first rounder, but a late first rounder isn't worth much.

If Hemsky is moving, I'm hoping it's part of a package for an actual player.

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:00 PM
  #89
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Jackets need forwards, scoring forwards, who are young (ELC) or in/entering their prime. Don't have to be elite, but to get a first-round pick would have to valuable enough to trade away said first-round pick.

Who besides Neal and Bennett fit that bill? No one, I don't think. Would Pens trade either one?


Doubt it. But that's what it would have to take. Don't discount the fact that we are now in the same division now. Gotta win that deal.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:01 PM
  #90
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
My feeling is Jarmo could use the picks in a trade but for the sake of their franchise I hope he'd only do it for a younger player who will be with the team for years.

The Jackets have a good D and possibly a good to very good goalie (he needs to prove it over a longer period of time) but the forward group is terrible.

I see the Blue Jackets a few years away from being a good team and with lots of cap space if they choose the trade route over the UFA route I think they should be looking to take on players that are good buy low candidates because of the cap decreasing that would cost little compared to there upside in trades. I'm talking players like Grabovski, Perron, T. Ruutu who should bounce back and don't have medium length contract. Or they could always take on a cap dump like Booth or Havlat cause they've only got 2 years left on their deals.
You really know absolutely nothing about the Jackets. Also, I can tell you for sure they aren't looking for cap dumps on the back end of their careers. What does that do to improve the team?

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:11 PM
  #91
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
To CLB- Kesler
To VAN- Johansen, 15th overall

Kesler goes home to Ohio, Johansen goes home to Vancouver.
this isn't kesler's home...he just went to OSU...plus he and Umberger's relationship isn't good...bad deal...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:12 PM
  #92
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
[/B]

Doubt it. But that's what it would have to take. Don't discount the fact that we are now in the same division now. Gotta win that deal.
I wouldn't either, if I were the Pens. But Bennett is ready, and what are they going to do about Iginla, Dupuis, Kennedy, Cooke, Adams? Maybe Shero decides to kick the "young guys" can down the road a couple years by swapping Bennett for what he hopes might be another Bennett only two years later? Like I said, I wouldn't, and he doesn't even have to given Bennett's contract. Just me spitballing on the internet.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:18 PM
  #93
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 92,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Jackets need forwards, scoring forwards, who are young (ELC) or in/entering their prime. Don't have to be elite, but to get a first-round pick would have to valuable enough to trade away said first-round pick.

Who besides Neal and Bennett fit that bill? No one, I don't think. Would Pens trade either one?
Could the Jackets use help on the backend?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
  #94
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Could the Jackets use help on the backend?
No. If anything, Jarmo might be looking to package a blueliner for an upgrade at forward. I honestly don't know he's interested in that, but defense is a position of depth.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:22 PM
  #95
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Could the Jackets use help on the backend?
No. Only taking C/W applications at this time.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:26 PM
  #96
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,937
vCash: 500
Makes more sense that they would move up into the top-5.

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
  #97
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Makes more sense that they would move up into the top-5.
Jarmo has allowed for this possibility as well.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:39 PM
  #98
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 92,687
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
No. Only taking C/W applications at this time.
Most probably not fitting with Pittsburgh then. Our C's are Malkin, Crosby, Sutter, Vitale and Jeffrey. None of those will interest them on their own and we'd have to add a big piece going forward like Neal or Bennett and I don't see Pittsburgh doing that.

Maybe Pittsburgh could get a 1st rounder late on by other deals whereby they gain 2nd round picks and use those and a player or two as bait. Would it work if there was something involving Jeffrey/Jokinen + 2nd + 2nd + Prospect for Late 1st.

Doubt it would though.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:45 PM
  #99
AimsforGenji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
Hemsky 30% retained (1.5m), Omark, and 37th overall for for 14th...

Hemsky 30% ret, Omark and Ana 2nd for 19th...

Hemsky 30% ret, Omark for your 24th...

Doesn't bother me to move Hemsky for picks, we need some more prospects with decent upside. Not sure on the perceived values though, I'm no expert.

AimsforGenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
  #100
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
Hemsky 30% retained (1.5m), Omark, and 37th overall for for 14th...

Hemsky 30% ret, Omark and Ana 2nd for 19th...

Hemsky 30% ret, Omark for your 24th...

Doesn't bother me to move Hemsky for picks, we need some more prospects with decent upside. Not sure on the perceived values though, I'm no expert.
Lets just trade Hemsky for Umberger and get it over with.

I don't ever want to hear Hemsky in a proposal again.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.