HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bryan Bickell/Viktor Stalberg

Old
06-02-2013, 10:48 PM
26CornerBlitz

vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=672753&cmpid=nhl-twt

@EyeOnHockey
Bryan Bickell's gonna get paid this summer with this postseason

26CornerBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:05 PM
zytz
lumberjack

He's gotta stay in CHI. it took us this long to make him realize he's bigger than everyone else, it's not fair if he leaves right away

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoutgunsout View Post
Olesz/Montador buyout(s) ($3m & $2.75m)
Most likely trading Frolik ($2m)

That's a possible 7.75 million being freed up, and a lot of Hawks fans want Bolland gone as well, which is around 3.75 IIRC.

They can keep him.
Ah I see. I would have to think you might want to buy out Hossa next year given that if he retires his cap hit will be 17 million.

Either way that's good, the hawks are my second favorite team.

May I ask why Bolland is on the way out? If so, what do you think his value is?

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
LetsGoDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Ah I see. I would have to think you might want to buy out Hossa next year given that if he retires his cap hit will be 17 million.

Run the numbers again on Hossa. Capgeek updated their formula as the math was incorrect.

LetsGoDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:05 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post

Because he's awful. Played ten minutes the other night. Easily replaced by Shaw.

Hopefully they could get a 2nd back, pick wise. If they don't want a pick, I have no idea what his value would be.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
ploppsdman

When bickell is motivated he's a good hockey player, the problem is and has been a lack of motivation... Whoever signs him to a big money contract will get burned.

ploppsdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Siludin

Quote:
Because he's awful. Played ten minutes the other night. Easily replaced by Shaw.

Hopefully they could get a 2nd back, pick wise. If they don't want a pick, I have no idea what his value would be.
Canucks would trade a 1st for Bolland with the reputation he has here.

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:25 PM
MrG
Lord and Saviour

I would guess in Bickell's case that he's going to value term over actual salary. He's a fairly young guy who's value may never be higher than it is right now.

I'm sure Chicago would love nothing more than to keep him, but if Team A steps up and offers a longer deal with a marginal AAV difference, he may have a hard time turning it down.

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Foxhole Fred

He's what everyone wants but as a result will likely get more than you'd actually want to pay for him.

Habs might offer 3.5 x 4 but I hope not more than that. Would look great on our 3rd line.

Foxhole Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Foxhole Fred

Quote:

Maybe this has been done to death but I see Desharais for Bolland making sense. DD would help with supplemental scoring and he and Bolland may both bounce back in new environments. Thoughts?

Foxhole Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Shoalzie

Amazing how Shaw and Bickell went from undisciplined clowns when the Hawks were down 3-1 to Detroit to now being integral parts of their turnaround. I look at them as being guys like Nolan or King were for Los Angeles last year.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I would guess in Bickell's case that he's going to value term over actual salary. He's a fairly young guy who's value may never be higher than it is right now.

I'm sure Chicago would love nothing more than to keep him, but if Team A steps up and offers a longer deal with a marginal AAV difference, he may have a hard time turning it down.
stability means staying where he has a place. as long as chicago isn't trying to lowball him, he's going to stay there. he loves it there.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 01:02 PM
w00d
Remember the Roar

Out of Bickell and Stalberg I would like to see Bickell come back the most, and I know he loves Chicago and wants to stay, but he'll have to take a big paycut to do it. Hard to see him re-signing with the cap going down. He's going to get paid well somewhere, just not here. Very high quality player.

w00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 01:09 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00d View Post
Out of Bickell and Stalberg I would like to see Bickell come back the most, and I know he loves Chicago and wants to stay, but he'll have to take a big paycut to do it. Hard to see him re-signing with the cap going down. He's going to get paid well somewhere, just not here. Very high quality player.
Yup, Can't pay 3rd liners 3 million plus anymore. Especially with the guys in the pipeline and guys due raises very soon.

H a w k s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Maybe this has been done to death but I see Desharais for Bolland making sense. DD would help with supplemental scoring and he and Bolland may both bounce back in new environments. Thoughts?
Bolland for Grabovski makes some sense, but Grabo's too pricey for the Hawks with the cap coming down.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 01:13 PM
PernellsWhiteAmi
Long Live Chappelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Habs and MB are going to be all over him
I came here to post just that. Exactly the guy Montreal needs, and Bergevin saw him play when he was with Chicago.

PernellsWhiteAmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Habsrback

He will get his payday. Agreed with one post that bottom 6 players cannot carry 3M + cap hits anymore, but BB will have a few teams all over him and he will be in a comfortable position to negotiate. Expect a 5-6 year contract at 4M cap hit. In the East, Habs, Leafs, Bruins, and Penguins (especially if eliminated) will be all over him.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 12:30 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 550
I dug up an old thread I made a year and a half ago, proposing a Bickell trade to Anaheim. Funny to see the contrast in the responses now:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...303&highlight=

heusy_79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 01:09 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

I have a my-friend's-girlfriend-is-best-friends-with-like connection with Bickell, and I'm told he is really happy here and wants to stay. That doesn't really mean anything.

If the hawks determine he's a true top-6 guy on this team, they will pay him (at a discount vs his UFA value, no NMC), and make the moves needed to find room. That means Bolland is gone and maybe Monty is bought out of top of Rusty. But they won't pay him to be a 3rd-liner.

Will the Hawks let Bickell take Saad's place on the top-6? Will Sharp move back to center to make room for everyone? Is Leblanc or Pirri good enough to play 2C next year so that they have their top 9 line set without paying Bickell? Tough choices, but after seeing Ladd and Buff go, I think the Hawks pay Bickell and figure out the rest later.

Last edited by LarmerSavardSecord: 06-04-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: add
LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Aceonfire*

Chicago is the NHL farm.

Ladd, Buff, Niemi, Versteeg etc..

I don't think any other team has had it as bad because of the salary cap.

All your UFAs belong to us lol

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
I have a my-friend's-girlfriend-is-best-friends-with-like connection with Bickell, and I'm told he is really happy here and wants to stay. That doesn't really mean anything.
If the hawks determine he's a true top-6 guy on this team, they will pay him (at a discount vs his UFA value, no NMC), and make the moves needed to find room. That means Bolland is gone and maybe Monty is bought out of top of Rusty. But they won't pay him to be a 3rd-liner.
that's not really "news". He said that already and he said he wants security. Much like that 1st NHL one way contract he signed and still plays with. He got 3 years and while taking that kind of discount, he got security to play and stay with the Hawks.
I can see this again. Less money, more term.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
that's not really "news". He said that already and he said he wants security. Much like that 1st NHL one way contract he signed and still plays with. He got 3 years and while taking that kind of discount, he got security to play and stay with the Hawks.
I can see this again. Less money, more term.
The only problem with that is if other teams offer money and term. I hope Bergevin does...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 07:17 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
I'm really torn here. Up until earlier in the season I've hated this guy. I chalked up much of his success to playing with Shaw and Stalberg in regular season. He's proved me wrong since the playoffs. Dude has stepped up big time.

I know he's going to get a good payout this year. He deserves a raise. He's played for the league minimal for the last 3 seasons. I don't want to see him stay in Chicago if he gets a penny over 2.5 a year though. He's not worth it to the club. Lots of guys in the system ready to jump up to the Hawks.

I'd also sooner keep Frolik over Bickell if I had to choose. Chicago's PK is the best(if not top 3) in the league right now and that's largely because of Frolik. Why blow it up to keep a guy who will most likely go back to being a loaf/floater after his big pay day?

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:07 AM
hockeywoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post
Seems like an ideal winger to have in your bottom-six in the playoffs. What do you suppose this guy gets in the offseason? Is he the next Joel Ward?
Joel Ward is good comparison.
Good type of player to have in your playoff lineup.

Someone WILL overpay.

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

vCash: 50
The kids coming home!

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote