HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 08:56 AM
ORRT

vCash: 500
CCHL 2013-2014 Season

10 days to draft . At Armstrong Arena . 30th of May

Old
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
BigBuck

When do the teams protected players lists come out?

Old
05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
StephenMac

Protected Lists

Hi BigBuck and everyone

I do not think the "protected" lists as such are ever publicized (Does Eatons tell Simpsons their business?). I think the teams have to submit their updated 25 man lists 2 or 3 days prior to the draft. They are then allowed to accumulate players via the draft. This date is usually the same date for Bantam Protects and Protects in lieu of 1st round selections. A lot of key events come to fruition on that day.

So the big draft day is May 30 at Gloucester at which they also announce their Bantam Protects although most teams spoil the excitement by announcing ahead of time their choices.

See you in Gloucester

Old
05-20-2013, 07:40 PM
BigBuck

Hi StephenMac, Sorry for the confusion I was looking for the Bantam protects which I thought came out a couple of weeks before the draft.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Luvhcky

Just a article about the OJHL fees.
http://www.insidehalton.com/communit...rticle/1617592

Old
05-22-2013, 08:00 PM
PG

Is there a draft list available?

Old
05-22-2013, 08:10 PM
dirk

Roster Moves

I was reviewing the rosters and noticed some interesting releases...specifically Mason Nowak (93) from K-ville..is he committed to a Collegiate team?...strange that if he wanted a change of scenery that a trade wouldnt be made??

Also saw that Jake Tugnutt has been released from K-ville...he must be off to another league?

Old
05-23-2013, 12:48 AM
CCHLhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I was reviewing the rosters and noticed some interesting releases...specifically Mason Nowak (93) from K-ville..is he committed to a Collegiate team?...strange that if he wanted a change of scenery that a trade wouldnt be made??

Also saw that Jake Tugnutt has been released from K-ville...he must be off to another league?
Could these be due to players not wanting to pay 4/6000 dollars to lose everyday... or maybe some of them not having the funds to do so.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:06 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHLhockeyfan View Post
Could these be due to players not wanting to pay 4/6000 dollars to lose everyday... or maybe some of them not having the funds to do so.
You do know that Ron Tugnutt owns Kemptville ? I don't think a $6,000 fee is a consideration. Perhaps Jake has other opportunities with less scrutiny.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:55 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post

And Billy Cooper is going to Lake Forest (D3), so I guess there are now 2 goalie spots available in Kemptville.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
sportsdude

You get what you put in

Quote:
Ron Tugnutt deserves all the respect as a goalie that just kept on going throughout his 17 year NHL career no matter what the obstacles. He had some stellar performances and also some disappointments. Fast-forward to the present and he has his day job (from the Petes to HC consultant). So, just as in Brockville, you clearly see how a jr-A team needs an owner that is totally committed and part of the day-to-day operations in order to successfully recruit and develop individuals and the team. Case-and-point: Pembroke's slide with SK's departure.

It's a labor of love that probably doesn't make financial sense in many cases. The team needs to be integrated with the community from the grass roots up or the support will not be there (is Kemptville a community?). Now that Jake is moving out of the 73s, so will the ownership (I presume, if there are any takers). That's the way it goes. Good luck to the new coaches. With the new pay system, this will probably be a transition year for the CCHL. We may not see the same parity as last season, with many teams jockeying for the top spots down the stretch; or we may see a watered-down parity because some of the talent will go elsewhere. Either way, contrary to what you may think 66, I'm sticking with it hoping to experience some of the excitement and brilliant play from a lot of players around the league, like in previous seasons.

On another note, I think the Sens are done. They have my highest respect and they gave it a run... but the Penguins, especially now that the kid is back with their sick roster running on all cylinders, can only be stopped by the bad bruins if they take out 2 or 3 Pen guys.

Have a nice retirement Alfy, well deserved.

Old
05-23-2013, 08:41 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
Ron Tugnutt deserves all the respect as a goalie that just kept on going throughout his 17 year NHL career no matter what the obstacles. He had some stellar performances and also some disappointments. Fast-forward to the present and he has his day job (from the Petes to HC consultant). So, just as in Brockville, you clearly see how a jr-A team needs an owner that is totally committed and part of the day-to-day operations in order to successfully recruit and develop individuals and the team. Case-and-point: Pembroke's slide with SK's departure.

It's a labor of love that probably doesn't make financial sense in many cases. The team needs to be integrated with the community from the grass roots up or the support will not be there (is Kemptville a community?). Now that Jake is moving out of the 73s, so will the ownership (I presume, if there are any takers). That's the way it goes. Good luck to the new coaches. With the new pay system, this will probably be a transition year for the CCHL. We may not see the same parity as last season, with many teams jockeying for the top spots down the stretch; or we may see a watered-down parity because some of the talent will go elsewhere. Either way, contrary to what you may think 66, I'm sticking with it hoping to experience some of the excitement and brilliant play from a lot of players around the league, like in previous seasons.

On another note, I think the Sens are done. They have my highest respect and they gave it a run... but the Penguins, especially now that the kid is back with their sick roster running on all cylinders, can only be stopped by the bad bruins if they take out 2 or 3 Pen guys.

Have a nice retirement Alfy, well deserved.
You seem to forget that the Tugnutt's have another son, Matt on the team. He's only 17 so they could stick around for a while.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:42 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
And Billy Cooper is going to Lake Forest (D3), so I guess there are now 2 goalie spots available in Kemptville.
As usual "goalies" will be part of the debate for the new season. Who will go and who will stay. What teams will be set in net and others in need.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
As usual "goalies" will be part of the debate for the new season. Who will go and who will stay. What teams will be set in net and others in need.
Brockville - Pikul (93) and Jenkins (94)
CP - O'Neill (94) and Laforest (95)
Cornwall - Piccolino (94) and Edwardson (95)
Cumberland - Turner (95) and Tremblay (94)
Gloucester - Brind' Amour (93) and Johnston (96)
Hawkesbury - Newport (95)
Kanata - St. Germain (96)
Kemptville - Jensen (97)
Nepean - Mulder (93) and Tondreau (97)
Ottawa - Savard-Belanger (94) and Hicks (97)
Pembroke - Smith (95) and Munroe (94)
Smiths Falls - Howe (94) and Buma (97)

Old
05-23-2013, 10:11 AM
KL14

Team Lists

Some one was saying that they were looking at a team list and noticed some moves etc...I think he said it was Kemptville's list.....where does one find these lists ? Some one else mentioned that this list only need to be filed with league 2 to 3 days before the draft and that they are not necessarily for public consumption

Old
05-23-2013, 10:11 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Kemptville - Jensen (97)
Good job 66. That did not take you long. But I am disappointed. I thought you would rate them too ?!

Old
05-23-2013, 10:15 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Good job 66. That did not take you long. But I am disappointed. I thought you would rate them too ?!
LOL, that will definitely take some time.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
sportsdude

Quote:
You seem to forget that the Tugnutt's have another son, Matt on the team. He's only 17 so they could stick around for a while.
Good freakin' point 66!!! Thanks for pointing that out. You're on the ball - or on the puck! Ok, so do the Tugs have other siblings that will join the team after Matt? You're right, after Matt leaves the team it will be for sale.

BTW are you a stats guy or something? You seem to have ALL the info ALL the time. Although your logic is off, your info is on, with all due respect of course.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
Good freakin' point 66!!! Thanks for pointing that out. You're on the ball - or on the puck! Ok, so do the Tugs have other siblings that will join the team after Matt? You're right, after Matt leaves the team it will be for sale.

BTW are you a stats guy or something? You seem to have ALL the info ALL the time. Although your logic is off, your info is on, with all due respect of course.
No more little Tugnutts running around, so figure 3 more years and then they'll be gone.

I do like stats but we'll have to disagree on who's logic is off. Plus, it's a slow day at work.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:56 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Kemptville - Jensen (97)
And if "I" had to rate them. That is not taking into consideration who they might bring in. Cornwall will have hard time keeping both happy. CP will have issues with Laforest being back up again. Kempt needs to find a number 1 to help young kids. My bottom four can be put in any order.

B'ville - Pikul (93) and Jenkins (94)
Hawkesbury - Newport (95
Smiths Falls - Howe (94) and Buma (97)[/QUOTE]
Kemptville - Jensen (97)

Old
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
CCHLhockeyfan

Quote:
You do know that Ron Tugnutt owns Kemptville ? I don't think a $6,000 fee is a consideration. Perhaps Jake has other opportunities with less scrutiny.
Yes I do know that eddy... But I believe their was another player mentioned in that quote I replied to... Mason Nowak by any chance ring a bell!

Tugnutt is obviously off to bigger and better things as Ron has tons of connections being hockey Canada's goaltending expert and all...

Also that Tondreau kid is a little small still but he will be a good goalie. But what about Zach Hamilton? Joel Howard? Those two guys can split time with a goalie like Mulder who to me has a team first mentallity!

Cooper didn't impress me one bit and then they ruined a starter in this league in Brind'amour and since then has gone downhill. Seems like a lot of the team are cleaning everything up and starting fresh!

Old
05-23-2013, 11:48 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
And if "I" had to rate them. That is not taking into consideration who they might bring in. Cornwall will have hard time keeping both happy. CP will have issues with Laforest being back up again. Kempt needs to find a number 1 to help young kids. My bottom four can be put in any order.

Hawkesbury - Newport (95
Kemptville - Jensen (97)
Here's my ranking:

CP - O'Neill (94) and Laforest (95) - top tandem last year and only losing 2 D
Pembroke - Smith (95) and Munroe (94) - only if Smith returns
Nepean - Mulder (93) and Tondreau (97) - Mulder outplayed Z last year
Smiths Falls - Howe (94) and Buma (97) - Howe was solid but can he play 55+ games
Ottawa - Savard-Belanger (94) and Hicks (97) - need to replace Millen
Hawkesbury - Newport (95) - how do you replace your MVP
Kanata - St. Germain (96) - good goalie but pretty young
Kemptville - Jensen (97)

Old
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Yes I do know that eddy... But I believe their was another player mentioned in that quote I replied to... Mason Nowak by any chance ring a bell!

Tugnutt is obviously off to bigger and better things as Ron has tons of connections being hockey Canada's goaltending expert and all...

Also that Tondreau kid is a little small still but he will be a good goalie. But what about Zach Hamilton? Joel Howard? Those two guys can split time with a goalie like Mulder who to me has a team first mentallity!

Cooper didn't impress me one bit and then they ruined a starter in this league in Brind'amour and since then has gone downhill. Seems like a lot of the team are cleaning everything up and starting fresh!
You are right, you did mention Mason Novak. I believe there will be a lot of movement this year of many players.

Zach Hamilton and Joel Howard are serious goalies. They would be a welcome addition to the league.

Tondreau is small but also very good. It will take time for him to adjust to the speed.

I believe Laforest and others will have other options and opportunities. I am confident that Justin Laforest will not be happy as the back up.

Last edited by eddyshack: 05-23-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
deckard

I know Mason Nowak was on his way to Kingston last year until that was screwed with and got shot down and heard he is still interested in going there for this season. As well heard from alot of parents whom have kids in the league and this new pay to play is not going to be very well received, they are looking elsewhere to play and for the most part are very serious.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:02 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
You are right, you did mention Mason Novak. I believe there will be a lot of movement this year of many players.

Zach Hamilton and Joel Howard are serious goalies. They would be a welcome addition to the league.

Tondreau is small but also very good. It will take time for him to adjust to the speed.

I believe Laforest and others will have other options and opportunities. I am confident that Justin Laforest will not be happy as the back up.
Hamilton had a very strong season at Westminster Prep and has one more year if he wants to graduate there. Howard was injured (hip) most/all season and may have had surgery. I know Kingston traded for a 95 goalie because of the uncertainty with Howard.

Not sure what's going to happen in CP. No goalie is happy being backup but when you're only 18, you don't have much control. The same can be said in Cornwall.

Closed Thread