HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Jackbenimble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pp View Post
Ok, we know they are 4-0. You've told us a couple times already......lol
BTW, can you tell the team I cheer for (not telling)....isn't 4-0.....hahaha
Not too difficult to tell that you are a Tikis fan.

Old
09-27-2013, 08:45 AM
2pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbenimble View Post
Not too difficult to tell that you are a Tikis fan.
Simple enough to figure out if you looked back at some of my earlier posts.....

Old
09-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Wizwog

Hawks pick up another CJ vet in Joey House. Anybody know where he is playing this season ?

Old
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
pucksly

Looks like Metcalfe will get their first win of the season against Renfrew. 8-2 with 6 minutes left in the third.
The boys are playing well - a great team effort!

Old
09-29-2013, 09:15 PM
FavoriteFlyersFan

Wow! Athens first loss this whole season!! TO THE FLYERS! Way to go guys. Played hard all game. 5-2

Old
09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
hurricane11

A nice win for Prescott last night they look good and another weekend without a win for the Rideaus. Still early but can't see Bundy and co waiting much longer for things to turn around

Old
09-30-2013, 03:51 PM
jrhockeyfan123

ive seen all rideau teams play, Athens has a good team, doesnt like to get hit like usual! Prescott works hard every night, no matter the outcome of the game. Brockville is probably the toughest team to play against in the Division, works hard every game finish all there hits, with guys who can put the puck in the net. Gan is similar to brockville in a sense where they finish every hit and have guys who can score. Westport will be a different team in a few weeks.

Old
09-30-2013, 03:57 PM
hjh08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
Hawks pick up another CJ vet in Joey House. Anybody know where he is playing this season ?

It appears that Stittsville moved him there because they signed Genier who played his first game yesterday and is their 4th OA. By the rules all other OA are now free agents. The probably did it to get something for him. He is not commited to playing though but if he did decide, it is a huge pick up for Winchester.

Old
09-30-2013, 04:02 PM
hjh08

Stittsville is first in their division yet has a staggering 292 pim in only 6 games. Should not take long to fall out of the top spot if they keep averaging 50 min a game in penalties.
Other than Kerwin who typically gets lots of penalties what is the problem with them. It won't take long for teams to easily get them rattled.
Looking at the stats, they were leading in every game before large penalties happen. Two match penalties a game apart? WOW.
Stittsville will be at the bottom if they think they can play like that...
Noticed they had quite a few regulars out of the line up due to injuries and suspensions and looks like it will be that way for this weekend too.

Old
09-30-2013, 09:09 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
@hjh08 In the game against the Ottawa Canadians, the penalty parade was started after a vicious hit to the head which then set the game off.

I think Hamish Fraser is potentially trying to rival his old team (Perth), who have brought in TONS of scrappers and grinders, in toughness.

When I spoke to GM Kadolph about off-season changes, he said, "We're a tougher team to play against, we're tougher above all else."

Makes it easier to intimidate teams like Arnprior, Almonte like that.

I think Stittsville will get a Top 3 finish, and could potentially stay in the Valley Div. title race with a reasonable amount of discipline.

Old
09-30-2013, 10:25 PM
mittsoff

valley div

I think the valley division is going to be a toss up this year, and there will be no dominate team. So far it looks like Renfrew will land on top because of raw talent but it wont come easily... I predict perth and almonte in the bottom with shawville arnprior and stittsville battling for the 2nd 3rd and 4th positions.. It will be interesting to see how it plays out

Old
10-01-2013, 07:09 AM
KL14

Valley Division

I agree, it is going to be a toss up. I had thought Renfrew was going to be fine but they are already showing a lack of discipline and holes on D. It will not be long before suspensions catch up with them and the multiple games begin to happen. I think Renfrew is going to weak between the pipes as well. I know it is the same crew as last year but even last year there were too many weak goals. Renfrew has not replaced Anderson nor Riopple nor Mask...three big parts of their championship team.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Wizwog

Which of the following tenders would u say are the top 5 out of
Plaschy
Daley
Miksik
De Meis
Brind'Amour
Couvrette
Pristanski
Wright
Gagne
Shaw

Old
10-01-2013, 08:37 AM
RJHJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
Which of the following tenders would u say are the top 5 out of
Plaschy
Daley
Miksik
De Meis
Brind'Amour
Couvrette
Pristanski
Wright
Gagne
Shaw
Couvrette
De Meis
Miksik
Gagne
Plaschy

Old
10-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Oldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I agree, it is going to be a toss up. I had thought Renfrew was going to be fine but they are already showing a lack of discipline and holes on D. It will not be long before suspensions catch up with them and the multiple games begin to happen. I think Renfrew is going to weak between the pipes as well. I know it is the same crew as last year but even last year there were too many weak goals. Renfrew has not replaced Anderson nor Riopple nor Mask...three big parts of their championship team.
Renfrew is not a strong team this year for sure but I am a little surprised at the comments about the goalie. But I guess it's easy to say that after they let in 8 last game.

Old
10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Wizwog

as for the valley division I like Stittsvilles approach with the rough and tumble 3-4 lines that'll fight. they have some younger and smaller sized players in their lineup so they need some bruisers to police the jungle. it gets noticed and respected when you have a tough lineup

Old
10-01-2013, 02:36 PM
KL14

Renfrew's Goalie

I am looking back to last year as well.... Gagne is not a top goalie in the Metro/Valley League any longer and if Renfrew wants to repeat they are going to need to find a bigger and better goalie. Along the ice or high glove side on Gagne each and every time... and opposing teams know this...

Old
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Oldschool

Quote:
I am looking back to last year as well.... Gagne is not a top goalie in the Metro/Valley League any longer and if Renfrew wants to repeat they are going to need to find a bigger and better goalie. Along the ice or high glove side on Gagne each and every time... and opposing teams know this...
Maybe your right but that's a strong opinion on a young man that was a big part of winning the valley last year. But you might know something we don't because I heard he was not even on the bench Sunday.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:20 PM
gonger77

That's a pretty tough thing to say about a kid like Gagne. He's still one of the top tendys in the league. He was not on the bench at all on Sunday night, all 8 goals were on Schroeder.
I think Renfrew is going to be fine on the back end this season as long as the suspensions don't keep them off the ice. The mix of vets and some very promising looking young d men along with their very talented group of forwards should keep the Wolves at the top of the Valley division.

Old
10-01-2013, 08:44 PM
KL14

Renfrew

Perhaps it is a little strong but again, IMO he is no longer a top goalie and teams know how to score on him. Renfrew's vets quit on the rest of the team last year after winning the Valley and the work ethic needs to be questioned if Renfrew is going repeat...the coaching staff need to address it now....because frankly winning the Valley, which amounts to winning two playoff series, is not that big of a deal...

Old
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Perhaps it is a little strong but again, IMO he is no longer a top goalie and teams know how to score on him. Renfrew's vets quit on the rest of the team last year after winning the Valley and the work ethic needs to be questioned if Renfrew is going repeat...the coaching staff need to address it now....because frankly winning the Valley, which amounts to winning two playoff series, is not that big of a deal...
I agree that gagne is not one of the top goalies, he is very weak up high.

Old
10-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Oldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I agree that gagne is not one of the top goalies, he is very weak up high.
Wow he must be bad/ one guy says he is bad on the ice every time and you say "very weak" up high! Does he ever make a save ???

Old
10-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
Wow he must be bad/ one guy says he is bad on the ice every time and you say "very weak" up high! Does he ever make a save ???
i guess he only saves shots in the chest

Old
10-02-2013, 04:18 PM
gonger77

All of this about a guy that was between the pipes for the team that won the Valley last season...I realize some people don't think that's much of an accomplishment, but in reality only one team out of 6 can do it per season. He was and still is a key piece to that team. I'm not sure what everybody has been watching this season but i don't think its him.

Old
10-03-2013, 02:29 PM
pucksly

Any predictions on who will come out on top between OWGK and OJC tonight at Barbara Ann Scott. Will home ice be an advantage? Or will the defending league champions handle the new and improved Golden Knights with ease?

Closed Thread