HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Wizwog

vCash: 500
I OTTW has a deeper team then OJC, If West could pick up a goalie and defenceman they would be the cream of the metro but for now gonna have to battle it out with south

Old
10-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
I OTTW has a deeper team then OJC, If West could pick up a goalie and defenceman they would be the cream of the metro but for now gonna have to battle it out with south
At the moment I think OJC are the better team, but if OW adds a goalie and D then they are the better team for sure

Old
10-03-2013, 08:03 PM
KL14

Owgk

It is still early and OWGK have a couple guys that they are counting on that will let them down... one of them, will not go in a corner and hates the rough going and a second one that will self destruct, which is too bad because he is probably the most skilled player in the league. OJC will be the better team in the long run...but they sure aren't near what they were last year.

The winner of the Valley will be the conference champs this year...the Valley teams are much tougher than the Metro teams this year..

Last edited by KL14: 10-03-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old
10-03-2013, 10:19 PM
RJHJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
I think Plumadore is a solid goaltender showing that he has what it takes to be a top goaltender in this league. Defensively I think OWGK is making it work with 5 healthy D and a great defensive forward in Matt Connolly

Old
10-04-2013, 08:28 AM
LETSPLAY

OJC/OWGK game was closer than the score but was fast paced and hard hitting. Will be interesting to see where they are later in season. OJC have an older more experienced team which should help them in playoffs and OWGK have more young players that should develop and get better as they gain experience.

Old
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Chippy affair last night at Barbara Ann Scott Arena.
We spoke with Canadians assistant Tony Molinski during a post-game interview, and he said that the loss was: "The best thing that could happen to us, we're too cocky."

Another interesting storyline last night saw Matt Couvrette outplayed by former teammate Eric Plumadore, who's proving his worth as a starter

Old
10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
It is still early and OWGK have a couple guys that they are counting on that will let them down... one of them, will not go in a corner and hates the rough going and a second one that will self destruct, which is too bad because he is probably the most skilled player in the league. OJC will be the better team in the long run...but they sure aren't near what they were last year.

The winner of the Valley will be the conference champs this year...the Valley teams are much tougher than the Metro teams this year..

I disagree on that one, I still think there's too big a talent gap between the Metro and the Valley.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:05 AM
KL14

Conference Champs

Obviously this one will not be settled for several months but I am just putting it out there...talent wise...the Metro Division is no where near where it was last year..

Old
10-04-2013, 10:51 AM
PK19

Quote:
Obviously this one will not be settled for several months but I am just putting it out there...talent wise...the Metro Division is no where near where it was last year..
Stats Inter-Conference Play

Games played- 12, Goals Metro GF -48, Valley GF-39
Metro Wins -8, 1 OT win
Valley wins- 4

Still very early Valley better this year, have to stay out of box and stick to playing hockey or they won't go to far!
One example Renfrew loses 8-2 to the weakest Metro team because of suspensions.

Old
10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Chippy affair last night at Barbara Ann Scott Arena.
We spoke with Canadians assistant Tony Molinski during a post-game interview, and he said that the loss was: "The best thing that could happen to us, we're too cocky."

Another interesting storyline last night saw Matt Couvrette outplayed by former teammate Eric Plumadore, who's proving his worth as a starter
I don't know any good coach who would consider a loss as "the best thing to happen to us". OJC has been cocky right out of the blocks, including the coaches (with a comment like that). Don't rest on last year's achievement... It's a whole new season, play hard and save your celebrating for when you win the championship, not when you get your second goal of the year.

Last edited by pucksly: 10-04-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Quotes
Old
10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
LETSPLAY

Remove Metcalfe and the top 4 Metro teams are 7-1 vs Valley teams.

Old
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Remove Metcalfe and any of the other 4 metro teams IMO would win the valley

Old
10-04-2013, 07:22 PM
KL14

Demons

I thought as a broadcaster you would be a little more objective...like I said....the question cannot be answered yet....just wait...I will be happy to admit that I am wrong IF I am wrong in the spring...

Old
10-04-2013, 08:40 PM
LETSPLAY

If it is too early why in your previous post were you declaring the valley winner as the conference champion ? Be consistent.

Old
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
I thought as a broadcaster you would be a little more objective...like I said....the question cannot be answered yet....just wait...I will be happy to admit that I am wrong IF I am wrong in the spring...
The proof is in the pudding.

2011 champs - Clarence Beavers (Metro Division)
2012 champs - Gatineau Mustangs (Metro Division)
2013 champs - Ottawa Jr. Canadians (Metro Division)

I'm a very objective broadcaster, I just think it's clear to anyone who watches a lot of games in both divisions that:
a) it's a different style of hockey.
b) there's overall more skill in the Metro Division.

I don't think you can dispute that...

Old
10-04-2013, 10:38 PM
KL14

Previous Years

Demons, now you sound like a Leaf fan....living in the past. All I am saying is that the Metro is not as strong as it was in previous years, we can agree to disagree and the final proof will not come until the end of the year but I stand by my predication...that the Valley Champs will win the conference....Arnprior beat Metcalfe ..5-3 (5th goal was an empty net)

Old
10-04-2013, 11:11 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Metcalfe is in a rebuilding year...they've already lost 6-2 and 7-2 respectively against the likes of OW and Gatineau.

We will see come the end of the year, and maybe (just maybe) the Metro Divsion isn't as strong as last year.

I still don't think we'll anything near what OJC did to Renfrew last season though.

IMHO the top three teams in the Metro will beat any Valley team in a 7 game series.

Old
10-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Oldschool

The Valley will never beat the Metro that's just the way it is. That's why teams are jacked up when they win the Valley title. When city teams pay guys and or buy them equipment and the valley charges their kids it's a done deal. That's life

Old
10-05-2013, 10:57 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
The Valley will never beat the Metro that's just the way it is. That's why teams are jacked up when they win the Valley title. When city teams pay guys and or buy them equipment and the valley charges their kids it's a done deal. That's life
Last time Valley won was Perth Blue Wings 1996 also won the championship.
Valley bridesmaids! They develop players but they end up in Metro in their later years to WIN Championships.

http://rideaustlawrence.com/leagues/...8&pageID=11433

Old
10-05-2013, 10:59 AM
pucksly

Quote:
Demons, now you sound like a Leaf fan....living in the past. All I am saying is that the Metro is not as strong as it was in previous years, we can agree to disagree and the final proof will not come until the end of the year but I stand by my predication...that the Valley Champs will win the conference....Arnprior beat Metcalfe ..5-3 (5th goal was an empty net)
Hey KL14, I don't know what kool-aid you are drinking but its pretty obvious that any Metro team (except Metcalfe) will beat any Valley team in the playoffs. I suspect you are just trying to get a reaction from some of the regulars and were successful. I don't think Demon is being a biased announcer, just an honest one.

Old
10-05-2013, 01:27 PM
KL14

Getting a Reaction

You're right Pucksly....partially, places like Stittsville, Almonte, Arnprior, are getting closer to Ottawa in terms of travel time due to better roads etc. Arnprior had close to 300 fans last night and will continue to draw large crowd and make more money... The sponsorship is up, the ownership is solid, coaching is getting better and the ability to attract players is going to improve for all of the teams mentioned above. The tide is shifting...get ready for it...

Old
10-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Oldschool

Looks like KL14 knows more than us. Gagne is not on renfrew's bench again tonight.

Old
10-06-2013, 06:53 AM
KL14

Gagne

He must be either hurt or he had a gig in Pembroke...Renfrew is going to need to do something though if they plan to repeat...they are lucky there is still time to find a third goalie (that is what Renfrew had to do last year) as I think the next round of JR A releases will be starting soon. Maybe Renfrew's management need to stop asking Gagne if it is 'ok' for another goalie to play and show some leadership when it comes to running the team.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Oldschool

Quote:
He must be either hurt or he had a gig in Pembroke...Renfrew is going to need to do something though if they plan to repeat...they are lucky there is still time to find a third goalie (that is what Renfrew had to do last year) as I think the next round of JR A releases will be starting soon. Maybe Renfrew's management need to stop asking Gagne if it is 'ok' for another goalie to play and show some leadership when it comes to running the team.
U should just go back to being a dad and a fan and quit being so negative about one goaltender on a team that is not very good this year. It's JrB Nobody cares. And if your kid brings home dressing room talk have some respect for him and shut up.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:03 AM
gonger77

Quote:
I'm thinking that Gagne is hurt, so maybe we can stop questioning a kid's character based on assumptions and heresay. Renfrew is going through a few issues with injurys and suspensions right now but I have a feeling they will come out of this just fine and will turn things around soon.

Closed Thread