HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Roofus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
It is not illegal at all...players are allowed to receive a 'travel allowance' for gas, etc. How they determine how much that is would be pretty tough to control.

Wow are you kidding ME you can NOT pay players to play!!!!
Ask teams in the Golden Horseshoe Jr League.
Major fines and infractions handed out.
Search it up, learn for yourself

Last year Portland Winter Hawks also fined and major infractions by league for player payments and special treatment

I would love to see a team in the EOJHL hand in an expense form to the league showing they paid players a travel allowance or ect.
They would have fines and infractions handed down.

Until our league STOPS teams from paying players there will always be the have and have nots teams in our league.

Room and board,School tuition, weekly cash allowances are just a few payments that the top teams in our league pay there players.

It is a league wide known thing amongst GMs that this has been happening for decades, but the leaders of the EOJHL turn their heads and ignore.
It's just easier for them, time for a whole sale change at the top.
No two presidents and a commissioner
One top dog running the entire league.
Common rules for the entire league and the major issue to clean up would be IMO stopping the paying players to play.
Other leagues have done there work to clean this up, it's time for the EOJHL to step up also!!!!

Old
10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
hjh08

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Hamish has made deals with a few Rideau-St Lawerence teams for money and was unable to come to terms agreed upon. As for interest in his coaching services i know that he begged for the Athens job and they had no interest in him.

As for the Commissioner when roster's are submitted should they not double check to make sure teams have followed the rules. I am by no means on Perth's side it just doesn't make any sense that the league would let this go on for so many games.
LOL thats a good one. Athens was never a team that he even looked into, or even contacted him. It was Arnprior, Renfrew (as a scout), Shawville to help them because he likes the people involved there. He even took the job as scout before Stittsville opportunity came up. If you talk to the owner of Stittsville he will tell you it took two weeks of constant calling to convince Hammish to come and coach and GM Stittsville. The information you got about Athens is 100% wrong....You might be confusing Athens with Arnprior as he did ask for an interview but they did not give him one and they went with the Goulds....

The league lets lots go without either checking into things themselves, or just plain dismiss things altogether. Its no secret that Ron McRostie does not like Hammish Fraser or Steve Kadolph the owner of Stittsville so by no way will Ron do anymore than he has to for Stittsville. Which is why Stittsville was forced to protest through the steps, Ron just would not listen to Stittsville and did not believe the 16 yr card issue. Again, emails were sent about the trade with Morrisburg last year that put the card in question. If Hammish was a liar then so was Morrisburg GM and so was John Shorey, president of Rideau division, and so was Ron McRostie himself...again, there was documentation despite what Perth claims.

Old
10-30-2013, 04:11 PM
hurricane11

Thanks for filling us in Hamish. Kevin Casselman General Manager in Morrisburg is highly respected around the league I doubt he would be lying about a trade.

Old
10-30-2013, 06:20 PM
backrow

Attended the home opener at the Sandy Hill Arena last night, two very skilled teams RTW and OJC there were some nice scoring plays and good clean body checks. The problem is the good play was over shadowed by numerous checks from behind and many cheap shots some called by the officials and some not. I would hope this league will at least contact their staff of on ice officials and instruct them there is zero tolerance for checking from behind and any intent to injure another player.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:51 PM
HawksFanForever

Agree with you as I have said it is not LEGAL to pay any player that plays in the EOJHL or even to give any player gifts.Just think about this for a minute.If it were legal to do this then it would cost so much more and the teams that have lots of money would really shop all around Canada and the USA.This is not the NHL or any tier one or two league.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:06 AM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Dude, I ain't Perth so why don't you ask them.... and yes its all hearsay, this whole message board is hearsay....the league isn't in the habit of what?.... you know them all that well you vouch for their 100% accuracy and honesty in everything they do? Every GM in that league breaks the rules every day this isn't a news flash.... they need better leadership
Every GM? Talk about acqusations.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:42 AM
EOJHLman

16 yoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
yes I'm sure they were... and yes I do know him and you shouldn't use the word "honorable" lightly either. You seem awfully certain of your words here... guess you have the inside scoop on what went on... interesting. Not sure how any team can get 'caught' with illegal players when the league has no idea where or who has the 16yoc in the league. another issue that has plagued them for quite a few years
You obviously do not know much about the league if you really think that the 16 year old cards are not accounted for. EVERY 16 YOC is accounted for in the 2013-2014 season as well as the cards that have been traded for the 2014-2015 season. Just because some team does not want to recognize a previously legal trade that involved a 16 YOC does not mean that the cards are not accounted for.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
ZiebartPro

invisible ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOJHLman View Post
You obviously do not know much about the league if you really think that the 16 year old cards are not accounted for. EVERY 16 YOC is accounted for in the 2013-2014 season as well as the cards that have been traded for the 2014-2015 season. Just because some team does not want to recognize a previously legal trade that involved a 16 YOC does not mean that the cards are not accounted for.
true I prolly don't.....You obviously know more about this than me, no problem.....i think originally the comments were about previous years though

Old
10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Mismatch tonight on tap at the BAS Arena, we'll have the call on Spreaker Live Radio as the OW GoldenKnights host the Metcalfe Jets.

The Jets come in losers of three of their last four games, while Ottawa-West, albeit a little shakily, has managed to maintain first-place in the Metro.

Tonight is a big game for both teams, as West tries to assert their divisional dominance after a 6-2 loss in Gatineau and a NARROW 2-1 win over Renfrew in their past two games. Meanwhile, Metcalfe look to prove that they can hang tough with some of the league's best, and actually SCORE against a good team. Metcalfe have averaged just 1.7 goals per game (not nearly enough in this league) against teams over-.500.

Expected starting goaltenders are former-CCHLer Dylan Brind'Amour for Metcalfe, and J.J. Pristanski for OW.

7:20 puckdrop.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Mismatch tonight on tap at the BAS Arena, we'll have the call on Spreaker Live Radio as the OW GoldenKnights host the Metcalfe Jets.

The Jets come in losers of three of their last four games, while Ottawa-West, albeit a little shakily, has managed to maintain first-place in the Metro.

Tonight is a big game for both teams, as West tries to assert their divisional dominance after a 6-2 loss in Gatineau and a NARROW 2-1 win over Renfrew in their past two games. Meanwhile, Metcalfe look to prove that they can hang tough with some of the league's best, and actually SCORE against a good team. Metcalfe have averaged just 1.7 goals per game (not nearly enough in this league) against teams over-.500.

Expected starting goaltenders are former-CCHLer Dylan Brind'Amour for Metcalfe, and J.J. Pristanski for OW.

7:20 puckdrop.
Looks like Brind'Amour showed why he played in the CCHL. BIG win for the young Jets! Even BIGGER loss for the Golden Knights. Personally I haven't been impressed with them yet this year. Lots of guys who can score goals but not much of a team atmosphere out on the ice, it's early so I will give them time....heck...they are 10-3, must be doing something right.

Metcalfe is a well coached team and they are very young, younger than Arnprior even, they have strong puck pressure as they are relentless on the puck, always skating.

Tough loss by the Golden Knights, I see them regrouping and coming out hard against Clarence on Sunday.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:10 PM
KL14

Metcalfe/OW

Looks like that neither Ellard nor Lehoux were in the line up for OW. Could have been a factor, but still good on Metcalfe for taking full advantage of the opportunity. That is what winning teams do.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:24 AM
KL14

Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Looks like that neither Ellard nor Lehoux were in the line up for OW. Could have been a factor, but still good on Metcalfe for taking full advantage of the opportunity. That is what winning teams do.
Should have been Allard, not Ellard...sorry about that.

Old
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Edgar was suspended, not too sure why Allard/Lehoux weren't there.

Those three players probably would have made the difference, judging by their stats.

Thursday's game was an example of what could potentially be West's downfall- goaltending.

They dominated Metcalfe for ~50 minutes, and it's not that Plumadore was bad, it was just that he got outplayed by a better goaltender.

I still don't see Metcalfe as a playoff team, they're just too young.

Rizk, Carr, St-Germain, and Shaheen stood out as their better players on Thurs (aside from Brind'Amour obviously)

Old
11-02-2013, 03:22 PM
KL14

Metro vs. Valley

I think that last few games have been more competitive than what people thought they were going to be (Demons). Still early, but things will be interesting.

Old
11-03-2013, 02:33 PM
hockey91

Valley div.

Who does everyone have as the biggest surprise/ disappointment this far into the season. From the games I have seen it seems like the Wings have figured things out. After having to forfeit two games they had a nice 6 game win streak, and the games were not really even close. They have a lot of young guys and they seem to be gelling well. First line of Rodier-Pearson-Barr are arguably the best line in the league, all averaging over 2 points a game and Rodier and Barr 1-2 in scoring. May need some help in the back end to make a real push in the playoffs.

After last nights game between Arnprior and Almonte it is hard to say if Almonte is under achieving but I would have to say Stittsville may be the bigger disappointment. They are coming off a 6 game losing streak and cannot seem to stay out of the penalty box. Leading score is the rookies Joey Laird, although he is a solid player nothing against him. I would have though Knight and Wade would be producing more after having decent seasons last year. They have a veteran presence with guys like Malloy, Genier and Oliver. It may boil down to coaching and discipline. Fraser seems to want to be best friends with all the players, from what I see through social media, and they are leading the Valley in pims.

Some teams may want to check it as well as Shawville will be playing with heavy hearts through the rest of the season after what happened to Nugent and they could be in for a playoff spot this year. What does everyone else think?

Old
11-03-2013, 06:30 PM
pucksly

Homers.

So let me get this straight..... Almonte beats Stittsville 6-0 and the three stars of the game are all from Stittsville?
Shameful!!

STAR 1: Mills, Zach (STI)
STAR 2: Groulx, Kevin (STI)
STAR 3: Laird, Joey (STI)

Old
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksly View Post
So let me get this straight..... Almonte beats Stittsville 6-0 and the three stars of the game are all from Stittsville?
Shameful!!

STAR 1: Mills, Zach (STI)
STAR 2: Groulx, Kevin (STI)
STAR 3: Laird, Joey (STI)
LOL Stittsville.

Last edited by OnlytheCH: 02-18-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

West with a character win down in Clarence today.

I'll go division by division with my surprises/disappointments:

Valley
Disappointment: The Stittsville Royals are a .500 hockey club with a solid playoff-type roster. Discipline issues must be addressed.
Surprise: The youthful Arnprior Packers have surged to an impressive 8-4-1 record, and summer acquisitions Erik Miksik and Damian Armstrong have played as advertised.

Metro
Disappointment: Gatineau might only be a .500 team this season, and there a few nits to pick. Inconsistent goaltending and a lack of elite secondary scoring have hurt them. Still time to turn it around.
Surprise: Clarence have cruised to a 10-5 record, thanks in large part to a solid goaltending tandem in De Meis and McLaughlin, and a balanced, quick attack.

Rideau
Disappointment: The defending-champion Aeros sit at 6-8-1, and it's hard to pinpoint exactly why. The goaltending has been mediocre, the offense has been average if not a little top-heavy...
Surprise: The re-located Prescott Flyers have been much better than expected, sitting second in the division with a .500 record. Cornwall native Brandon Gilmour is second in conference scoring.

St. Lawrence
Disappointment: No one's really disappointed so far, everyone has played pretty much to standard thus far..
Surprise: The Winchester Hawks, while expected to be a playoff team, were not slated to be 12-1-3. Brandon Lowry has been stellar when in net, and the Hawks' balanced offense (9 players with 11+ points) has helped them.

Old
11-03-2013, 07:47 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook19 View Post
Aint the 1st time, Arnprior beat them 2-1 and all 3 stars also went to Stittsville. Bunch of jokes.
Thats the Royals organization for you. Not every team has been giving out three stars in all their games but in Stittsville, no matter the out come, their team always represents the three stars. At least there are no awards at the end of the year for the 3 star selection.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook19 View Post
Aint the 1st time, Arnprior beat them 2-1 and all 3 stars also went to Stittsville. Bunch of jokes.
If you all took the time to pay attention or ask a question instead of jumping to conclusions like a bunch of jack ***** you would know that the league does not have a 3 star protocol. Stittsville does track them FOR THEIR TEAM ONLY. Just look at all the games. What a bunch of idiots. Talk about something real, like the trouble some teams have in winning (hint Stittsville). Maybe the three stars should go to you guys.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:21 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Thats the Royals organization for you. Not every team has been giving out three stars in all their games but in Stittsville, no matter the out come, their team always represents the three stars. At least there are no awards at the end of the year for the 3 star selection.
No **** Sherlock, Stittsville is doing it for their team only as there is not official league representation.

Old
11-03-2013, 09:28 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
West with a character win down in Clarence today.

I'll go division by division with my surprises/disappointments:

Valley
Disappointment: The Stittsville Royals are a .500 hockey club with a solid playoff-type roster. Discipline issues must be addressed.
Surprise: The youthful Arnprior Packers have surged to an impressive 8-4-1 record, and summer acquisitions Erik Miksik and Damian Armstrong have played as advertised.

Metro
Disappointment: Gatineau might only be a .500 team this season, and there a few nits to pick. Inconsistent goaltending and a lack of elite secondary scoring have hurt them. Still time to turn it around.
Surprise: Clarence have cruised to a 10-5 record, thanks in large part to a solid goaltending tandem in De Meis and McLaughlin, and a balanced, quick attack.

Rideau
Disappointment: The defending-champion Aeros sit at 6-8-1, and it's hard to pinpoint exactly why. The goaltending has been mediocre, the offense has been average if not a little top-heavy...
Surprise: The re-located Prescott Flyers have been much better than expected, sitting second in the division with a .500 record. Cornwall native Brandon Gilmour is second in conference scoring.

St. Lawrence
Disappointment: No one's really disappointed so far, everyone has played pretty much to standard thus far..
Surprise: The Winchester Hawks, while expected to be a playoff team, were not slated to be 12-1-3. Brandon Lowry has been stellar when in net, and the Hawks' balanced offense (9 players with 11+ points) has helped them.

Now this is a good post!

What the heck happened to Almonte this weekend! 10-3 over Arnprior and 6-0 over Stittsville! What a weekend for them. Someone lit a fire in them. I think that the biggest surprises are Stittsville (disappointment) and Perth who nobody thought that they would be this good.

Old
11-03-2013, 10:03 PM
hockey91

Pretty convincing win tonight by Shawville beating Arnprior 6-1. I could see them having a few more games like this, but it is hard to say how long it will run. Historically they have been a bottom two team, but with the injury to Nugent they could rally behind that and make the playoffs.

I have yet to see Arnprior play, but from what the standing show and their past two games I guess you could say the team may be on the decline and their youth has caught up to them. Only got 13 shots tonight and were out shot 45-25 in Almonte. I guess we will really see this Friday when they take on Perth for the first time this year.

Very hard to say how Perth will be in that game as they would have not had a game in two weeks, after their Friday night game against Shawville was postponed.

The Valley is starting to look like it is going to be the tightest it has been in the past 3-4 years with every team putting wins up. I believe it is going to come down to Perth and Almonte for top spot, they first meet Dec 3. in Almonte. The fight for fourth could come down to Renfrew and Shawville ( if Stittsville pulls it together).

Old
11-03-2013, 11:06 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Pretty convincing win tonight by Shawville beating Arnprior 6-1. I could see them having a few more games like this, but it is hard to say how long it will run. Historically they have been a bottom two team, but with the injury to Nugent they could rally behind that and make

The Valley is starting to look like it is going to be the tightest it has been in the past 3-4 years with every team putting wins up. I believe it is going to come down to Perth and Almonte for top spot, they first meet Dec 3. in Almonte. The fight for fourth could come down to Renfrew and Shawville ( if Stittsville pulls it together).
Shawville were obviously inspired, but yeah Arnprior have been out of sorts.

I was actually quite impressed by Metcalfe the other night- a hardworking team with a solid tender in Brind'Amour. Surprised they're 5-10.

Perth, Renfrew, Almonte, and even Arnprior could all make noise. Shaville just isn't strong enough IMO and Stittsville needs to figure out their discipline issues.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:01 AM
HawksFanForever

I would have to agree with everything that you have spoken on here.Well done

Closed Thread