HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2013, 07:02 AM
HawksFanForever

vCash: 500
How to make money for Jr B CLub

Winchester Hawks @WinchesterHawks

October 26, 2013 50/50 Winner Ruth Liscumb $4,465.00

Old
11-04-2013, 11:42 AM
mittsoff

valley division

it looks has though the valley division is going to be really tight this year, and that should make for some good hockey down the stretch. But i think the main difference between the valley and the metro is the lack of superstars in the valley... when you look at the teams from the metro usually each team has a star, and i just dont see that in the valley.
Renfrew-bradbury
Arnprior-mclean
perth-rodier/barr
almonte-martin
shawville-??
stittsville-??

when looking at those names it doesnt compare to the gottzmann, robinson, lehoux and other big names of the metro.. will be interesting to see other peoples opinion on this and on the best players of the valley

Old
11-04-2013, 12:08 PM
JBD04

Heard OW sign some good AP's last week from the Sens AAA and Raiders AA Major Midgets. I guess OW us restocking the cupboards for next year.

Old
11-04-2013, 12:59 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittsoff View Post
it looks has though the valley division is going to be really tight this year, and that should make for some good hockey down the stretch. But i think the main difference between the valley and the metro is the lack of superstars in the valley... when you look at the teams from the metro usually each team has a star, and i just dont see that in the valley.
Renfrew-bradbury
Arnprior-mclean
perth-rodier/barr
almonte-martin
shawville-??
stittsville-??

when looking at those names it doesnt compare to the gottzmann, robinson, lehoux and other big names of the metro.. will be interesting to see other peoples opinion on this and on the best players of the valley
I think there is no contest in the valley for best players, easily Barr and Rodier, Pearson may fall in there as well with his speed. After seeing Perth play a few games against both Metcalfe and Gatineau I believe they are better then their top three. Yet to see the Canadians since they seem to play once a week. West is a solid team and beat Perth easily in Perth's second game, could be blamed on lack of chemistry.

I am looking forward to seeing Perth play the two Ottawa teams now that they have somewhat figured out how to play with each other. I believe these match ups could be a preview for the Merto/Valley champ, and winner of the EOJHL seeing that the St.Lawernce and Rideau do not seem to contented in the finals in previous years.

Old
11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
This is a little something I plan on doing every Monday, just a quick glimpse at the goings-on around the league every weekend.

EOJHL Weekend Review

M/V Conference

It was a huge weekend for the Almonte Thunder, who managed to post two massive victories in the span of about 18 hours. The Thunder got five-point efforts from Garret McMulin and Liam Killeen in a big 10-3 win over Arnprior on Saturday night. The Thunder then beat Stittsville 6-0 the following afternoon to cap a perfect weekend and claw their way back into the playoff picture.

The Shawville Pontiacs came out inspired on Sunday afternoon, playing for the first time since Brett Nugent's injury, the Pontiacs spanked the Arnprior Packets 6-1. Matt LaBrosse and Liam Poirier led the way for Shawville, who sit bottom of the Valley Division despite being a single game below .500 (5-6-0-0).

The Arnprior Packers had a forgettable weekend, going 0-3 while suffering the two aforementioned beatdowns from Almonte and Shawville.

M/V Power Rankings

1. Ottawa-West
2. Clarence
3. Renfrew
4. Ottawa
5. Gatineau
6. Arnprior
7. Perth
8. Almonte
9. Stittville
10. Shawville
11. Metcalfe

RSL Conference

The Gananoque Islanders took care of business against division rivals Westport (5-3) and Brockville (4-1), taking four points on the weekend and maintaining possession of first place in the Rideau Division.

The Prescott Flyers kept up their winning ways as well, as Lucas Stitt put up a pair of goals in their 4-3 win Sunday in Akwesasne. The Flyers also doubled up Athens, keeping pace with the Islanders in the battle for first.

Casselman showcased just how much of a gap there really is between them and last-place Morrisburg, as they shellacked the Lions 8-2 at the Morrisburg Arena. It could've been worse had it not been for the myriad of penalties in the 3rd period. Lost in the late-game shenanigans was Taylor Widenmaier's five-point performance.

RSL Power Rankings

1. Casselman
2. Winchester
3. Gananoque
4. Char-Lan
5. Prescott
6. Brockville
7. Alexandria
8. Athens
9. Westport
10. Akwesasne
11. Morrisburg

Old
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
hurricane11

Demon- Curious how you formulate the power rankings
Do you actually watch games from all divisions or do you go off the information on the website.

Anybody know what happen in Gan last night looks like quite the battle

Old
11-04-2013, 05:36 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBD04 View Post
Heard OW sign some good AP's last week from the Sens AAA and Raiders AA Major Midgets. I guess OW us restocking the cupboards for next year.
Who are these good AP's ?

Old
11-04-2013, 06:02 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
This is a little something I plan on doing every Monday, just a quick glimpse at the goings-on around the league every weekend.

EOJHL Weekend Review

M/V Conference

It was a huge weekend for the Almonte Thunder, who managed to post two massive victories in the span of about 18 hours. The Thunder got five-point efforts from Garret McMulin and Liam Killeen in a big 10-3 win over Arnprior on Saturday night. The Thunder then beat Stittsville 6-0 the following afternoon to cap a perfect weekend and claw their way back into the playoff picture.

The Shawville Pontiacs came out inspired on Sunday afternoon, playing for the first time since Brett Nugent's injury, the Pontiacs spanked the Arnprior Packets 6-1. Matt LaBrosse and Liam Poirier led the way for Shawville, who sit bottom of the Valley Division despite being a single game below .500 (5-6-0-0).

The Arnprior Packers had a forgettable weekend, going 0-3 while suffering the two aforementioned beatdowns from Almonte and Shawville.

M/V Power Rankings

1. Ottawa-West
2. Clarence
3. Renfrew
4. Ottawa
5. Gatineau
6. Arnprior
7. Perth
8. Almonte
9. Stittville
10. Shawville
11. Metcalfe

RSL Conference

The Gananoque Islanders took care of business against division rivals Westport (5-3) and Brockville (4-1), taking four points on the weekend and maintaining possession of first place in the Rideau Division.

The Prescott Flyers kept up their winning ways as well, as Lucas Stitt put up a pair of goals in their 4-3 win Sunday in Akwesasne. The Flyers also doubled up Athens, keeping pace with the Islanders in the battle for first.

Casselman showcased just how much of a gap there really is between them and last-place Morrisburg, as they shellacked the Lions 8-2 at the Morrisburg Arena. It could've been worse had it not been for the myriad of penalties in the 3rd period. Lost in the late-game shenanigans was Taylor Widenmaier's five-point performance.

RSL Power Rankings

1. Casselman
2. Winchester
3. Gananoque
4. Char-Lan
5. Prescott
6. Brockville
7. Alexandria
8. Athens
9. Westport
10. Akwesasne
11. Morrisburg

Thanks Demons. You have obviously put a lot of thought and work into your report. I agree with most of your rankings but even if I didn't, it is an interesting read. Keep up the good work!!

Old
11-04-2013, 06:09 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I'm assuming Duff would be one of them- he was on the ice for three goals in Gatineau Friday...

I do watch quite a few M/V games and have seen every team in that conference at least once. I have a few buddies who've seen most of the RSL conference, and they helped me piece that together. That being said, stats generally don't lie.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
TMcD1639

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post

EOJHL Weekend Review

M/V Conference

M/V Power Rankings

1. Ottawa-West
2. Clarence
3. Renfrew
4. Ottawa
5. Gatineau
6. Arnprior
7. Perth
8. Almonte
9. Stittville
10. Shawville
11. Metcalfe

RSL Conference

RSL Power Rankings

1. Casselman
2. Winchester
3. Gananoque
4. Char-Lan
5. Prescott
6. Brockville
7. Alexandria
8. Athens
9. Westport
10. Akwesasne
11. Morrisburg

Completely agree with these power rankings, watch out for the Renfrew Timberwolves in the future, had a great game against the Ottawa Canadians last week and I think we will have to look at their grittiness and surprising speed in the future of the season

Old
11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
If a player is just an AP. Can they not sign with a different team the next year?

Old
11-05-2013, 06:52 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
If a player is just an AP. Can they not sign with a different team the next year?
As long as he is not on a team's protected list he can sign anywhere.

Old
11-05-2013, 09:37 AM
valleydude

Quote:
JBD can surely tell us which forms me signed for the Raiders players

Old
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Ottawa hosts Clarence in a big Metro Division tilt tonight. Listen here:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/ottsportsbrdgrp

Old
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Completely one-sided affair here at Sandy Hill thus far...4-0 Canadians leading 2nd-place Clarence after TWENTY minutes.

This is a much different OJC team from last week against Renfrew.

More flow, better chemistry.

Old
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
As long as he is not on a team's protected list he can sign anywhere.
Hmmm... Not quite true. If the player is under 18 years of age and he is resident of an EOJHL's team protected zone, then he MUST try our for the team that protected him, then be released before he can try out for another team. Basically protects your 16 and 17 year olds from being free agents. Works for a team trying to affiliate or sign a player during the season as well.

Old
11-07-2013, 11:39 PM
TMcD1639

The Stittsville Royals completely blew a 2-1 lead tonight against the OWGK, losing 4-2 in the tilt, the Royals had a good first 40 mins. Thou they played horrible in the 3rd allowing 3 GA and only getting 3 shots on goal in the WHOLE period. It;s too bad Stittsville didn't capitalize more on West's average first 40 minutes, but the better team was clearly shown in the 3rd. West will be back home next Thursday night when they get ready to host Shawville.

Old
11-08-2013, 08:06 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcD1639 View Post
The Stittsville Royals completely blew a 2-1 lead tonight against the OWGK, losing 4-2 in the tilt, the Royals had a good first 40 mins. Thou they played horrible in the 3rd allowing 3 GA and only getting 3 shots on goal in the WHOLE period. It;s too bad Stittsville didn't capitalize more on West's average first 40 minutes, but the better team was clearly shown in the 3rd. West will be back home next Thursday night when they get ready to host Shawville.
I saw them blow two other leads very early in the season. It seems to me that they shut the bench down in the 3rd and only run two lines. I think it was against Perth where they were up a goal with 2 minutes to play and kept the same line out for the full 2. The tieing goal was scored with seconds left and they lost in a shootout.

Old
11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
KL14

RTW growing stronger

Looks like Renfrew just picked up Colton Kuehl and the rumours are that Cooney is not far behind. I cannot see Kuehl staying too long though, I am sure Gloucester will deal him soon to another Jr. A team. I also heard that Pearson from Perth will be joining Kemptville (perhaps he has already).

Old
11-08-2013, 09:06 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Looks like Renfrew just picked up Colton Kuehl and the rumours are that Cooney is not far behind. I cannot see Kuehl staying too long though, I am sure Gloucester will deal him soon to another Jr. A team. I also heard that Pearson from Perth will be joining Kemptville (perhaps he has already).
Great news for Renfrew if true. With St Germain and these two they will be strong.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Cooney is terrible, was a mediocre player with the Titans. Do not know the kid personally but I have heard he thinks is a big shot and hard to say what he will be like if he is sent down. Maybe he still believes he will make the OHL someday.

At the moment nothing regarding Pearson on the CCHL website, but I guess we will see if he is in the lineup tonight. Hard to say if Pearson would want to go to Kemptville seeing that they are 8-11-1 this year and most likely will not make the playoffs. Will for sure get more ice time then he did in CP.

Between November and December we could be seeing a lot of players going from Jr.A to Jr.B as the teams start to finalize rosters and make trades for overagers. I heard that CP maybe making some trades to boost their lineup so you could be seeing some of their players coming down.

Old
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
At the moment nothing regarding Pearson on the CCHL website, but I guess we will see if he is in the lineup tonight. Hard to say if Pearson would want to go to Kemptville seeing that they are 8-11-1 this year and most likely will not make the playoffs. Will for sure get more ice time then he did in CP.
If you want to become a better player making the move to Jr A is an easy decision, he is 18 now it will only get tougher to do as a 19 or 20 year old. Plus if you go to Jr A, their regular season runs an extra month, you could easily end up playing more on a non playoff team in Jr A, even if your team Jr B goes two rounds in the playoffs, not to mention the extra practice time.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
hockey91

Ya sometimes playing Jr.A and not getting ice time is alright if the team is winning, makes it a little easier to handle. But playing for a team that does not attract fans and will most likely not make the playoffs would make me not want to go, especially if I knew that I had a very small chance of getting a Div 1 scholarship.

Will defiantly not help Perth if Pearson does head to Kemptville for the time being but they have a few guys that could step into that center role. Barr was playing a bit of center prior to Pearson joining and was doing pretty well at the draw, he was still learning the defensive positioning. Some of the young guys could benefit from this as well, they got some skilled forwards that are second and third liners and playing Rodier and Barr you could really see them improve.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
hockey91

Fill the rink

Not sure if everyone is aware but the Perth Blue Wings will be hosting the OJC November 15, 2013 and all the proceeds will be going to the Nugent family. Donations are your attendance and the Wings will be matching all donations. Here is the link to the website,

http://www.filltherinkforbrett.com/

The game should great between the two teams and the cause is even a bigger reason to come out. Spread the word if you can.

Old
11-08-2013, 04:24 PM
jayme2017
Rookie User

Can someone tell me what the game day experence is like such as are snack bars open etc?

Closed Thread