HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Rangersfan21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Of course Sundin knows this. Either a conversation happened or it's a shot in the dark.
it is a shot in the dark

Old
12-02-2013, 08:44 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
it is a shot in the dark
It is what it is. No big deal.

Old
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
it is a shot in the dark
It's not like they have signed him or anything. Simply just acquiring the rights. They still have a 21-year old spot left open and plenty of options. If you can acquire the rights to player who has spent the last 5 seasons in the CCHL for essentially nothing, than you do it, even if he never plays a game.

I wouldn't call it a complete shot in the dark either. He played a game last year as 20 year old with the intention of playing this year if he didn't get a scholarship.

Old
12-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
It's not like they have signed him or anything. Simply just acquiring the rights. They still have a 21-year old spot left open and plenty of options. If you can acquire the rights to player who has spent the last 5 seasons in the CCHL for essentially nothing, than you do it, even if he never plays a game.

I wouldn't call it a complete shot in the dark either. He played a game last year as 20 year old with the intention of playing this year if he didn't get a scholarship.
If he was going to play how come he did not play with stittsville or winchester? seems unlikely he is going to play with owgk if he didnt play close to home with the royals or go for $$ with the hawks

Old
12-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Lazarrr

Quote:
If he was going to play how come he did not play with stittsville or winchester? seems unlikely he is going to play with owgk if he didnt play close to home with the royals or go for $$ with the hawks
One team is over an hour away.

One team is last place in the Valley.

One team is 20-4 and less than 15 minutes from Kanata.

No brainer to me

Old
12-02-2013, 12:55 PM
gusfring

Quote:

No brainer to me
Seemed pretty clear to me as well.

Old
12-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:

No brainer to me
Seems more of a no brainer that he is not going to play hockey...

Casselman just got stronger by adding Mark Hough

Old
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
HawksFanForever

When you got lots of money in sports you can do many things such as bringing top players to your team.

Old
12-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Wizwog

Metcalfe must have a stock pile of future considerations and PDFs can anyone explain how this works. They continue to trade away top end players for pebbles. When is the last time they made a trade where they got the better deal? Something has to be done with management their

Old
12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
Metcalfe must have a stock pile of future considerations and PDFs can anyone explain how this works. They continue to trade away top end players for pebbles. When is the last time they made a trade where they got the better deal? Something has to be done with management their
What we're seeing here is essentially Metcalfe throwing in the towel on the season, which I don't quite understand. While they area at least 8-10 points out of the playoffs, they've actually been playing alright lately and IMO have one of the better goaltending duos in the league w/Hicks and Brind'Amour.

All you have to do is look at the Keohane deal from last week to see that they're giving up on this season.

It's shame, especially for the goaltenders that have been putting in consistently good performances for them this season.

Old
12-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Generally future considerations means they get certain players after a certain date or they can pick players off a teams protected list,etc. PDFs are just cash

Old
12-03-2013, 09:14 AM
xcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
You just left out the fact that Almonte is the worst team in the valley making it sound like Metcalfe, the worst in the Metro, was making a valley team look weak. Did Almonte dominate like the stats say, outshouting Metcalfe by like 20 shots?
Yes Almonte did dominate this game stats wise. But they let Metcalfe hang around and it cost them. The ONLY reason Metcalfe was even in this game was the play of Connor Hicks who was outstanding.

Old
12-03-2013, 09:28 AM
xcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Almonte is the worst team in the valley...
Not entirely sure this statement is true. If you look at the standings, yes Almonte is last place, based on # of wins. They are tied in points with Stittsville and Shawville however, they have only played 19 games to Stittsville's 22. Also, look at the number of OTL's and SOL's they have. This tells me they have been in most games and just need something to help them get that little bit more out of the players. Perhaps they are not as bad as people think. Of course this is just my opinion, I could be dead wrong

Old
12-03-2013, 11:17 AM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
Not entirely sure this statement is true. If you look at the standings, yes Almonte is last place, based on # of wins. They are tied in points with Stittsville and Shawville however, they have only played 19 games to Stittsville's 22. Also, look at the number of OTL's and SOL's they have. This tells me they have been in most games and just need something to help them get that little bit more out of the players. Perhaps they are not as bad as people think. Of course this is just my opinion, I could be dead wrong
Should be a good game in Almonte tonight as it is the first meeting between them and the wings. Hard to say what wings team will show up but I would think that their first line could pull them through the game. Not sure who will be in net between wright and morell. Morell has not seen any game time in over a month after breaking his hand. Could be in net seeing that Almonte is in the bottom of the standings.

Old
12-03-2013, 03:44 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
Almonte traded away a great goalie and one of their leading scorers for nothing. The Thunder IMO aren't good enough to be anything more than a #4 seed in a tight Valley Division.

Tonight sees two interesting games:

ALM v. PER - The Blue Wings have been better as of late, and if Rodier-Barr-Vala are going it's going to be a tough game for Almonte.

OJC v. CLA - Another interesting matchup, OJC didn't look especially good against Shawville at the Showcase, and Clarence should theoretically be hungry as the game does have big standings implications.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:18 PM
hockeyislife82

Dec 1 Trades

Looks like Casselman had some nice pick ups with De Meis and Hough.

Surprised to see Brockville move Rock.

A little confused with the Wolves trading Rutley and a 16 year old card for Futures??

Overall not a very active Dec 1 deadline. Will be interesting to see what happens on the 10th of Jan!

Old
12-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Wizwog

Quote:
Generally future considerations means they get certain players after a certain date or they can pick players off a teams protected list,etc. PDFs are just cash
Should be a cake walk for whoever takes them over... They have to be sitting on like 15 Future Considerations, 6 16 year old cards and who knows how many PDF's... Metcalfe must be stinking rich under the covers

Old
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
valleydude

Jack Nevins

Congrats to former EOJHL Player Jack Nevins, signing with Montreal.

MONTREAL Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Tuesday the signing of free agent forward Jack Nevins to a three-year contract (2013-14 to 2015-16).

In 30 games with the QMJHLs Charlottetown Islanders in 2013-14, Nevins has collected 30 points (11 goals, 19 assists), leading his team in assists and points. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound forward ranks second on the Islanders in differential (+7) and shots on goal (103), while leading the QMJHL with 85 penalty minutes. He has tallied three powerplay goals.

Nevins, 20, has registered 56 points (24 goals, 32 assists) and served 273 penalty minutes in 142 contests since his Junior debut in 2011-12. He suited up for the OHLs Sarnia Sting, Kingston Frontenacs and London Knights, as well as for the QMJHLs Prince Edward Island Rocket and Islanders.

A native of Stittsville, ON, Nevins also played with the Kemptville 73s in the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL) in 2010-11.

Old
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Should be a cake walk for whoever takes them over... They have to be sitting on like 15 Future Considerations, 6 16 year old cards and who knows how many PDF's... Metcalfe must be stinking rich under the covers
They have clearly thrown in the towel for this year and are taking the money and running. In order for Metcalfe to ever be competitive they need to get new coaches who actually want to win and to stop making lopsided trades that benefit them mostly with money. I feel sorry for the kids who are stuck playing there as Metcalfe has a bad reputation for being impossible to deal with and lots of teams won't even bother trying to work out trades. New ownership would really help this organization.

Old
12-03-2013, 07:29 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyislife82 View Post
Looks like Casselman had some nice pick ups with De Meis and Hough.

Surprised to see Brockville move Rock.

A little confused with the Wolves trading Rutley and a 16 year old card for Futures??

Overall not a very active Dec 1 deadline. Will be interesting to see what happens on the 10th of Jan!
Thought we would see more moves but definitely interesting ones. Brockville moving Rock seemed to be a long time coming I know a parent of one of the Tikis and apparently a ton of issues off the ice. Downie actually a better player than Rock if he keeps his on head on straight.

Old
12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
2pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Thought we would see more moves but definitely interesting ones. Brockville moving Rock seemed to be a long time coming I know a parent of one of the Tikis and apparently a ton of issues off the ice. Downie actually a better player than Rock if he keeps his on head on straight.
Too much drama in the dressing room and on the ice with Rock in Brockville. Parting ways will be better for both Brockville and Rock. There seems to be some upside to Downie and only time will tell who comes out on top. The upside right off the bat is that Downie is only 20 and has another year to play while Rock is an over ager.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
hockayfella

have to wonder how effective rock's speed will be on such a small rink in Prescott.

Old
12-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Flyers

Wings vs thunder

I saw the blue wings game last night vs the thunder, and Perth needs to do something about they're defensemen situation. They are way too young on the back end. They need an older guy with experience in the league that can shut top lines down and log some minutes for them. I don't know why Brad McDonald isn't there but he would certainly help them on the back end, or if they can trade some of these younger guys for a 20 or 21 year that would help. (I think they have two 21 year old spots left?)

Old
12-04-2013, 09:19 AM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I saw the blue wings game last night vs the thunder, and Perth needs to do something about they're defensemen situation. They are way too young on the back end. They need an older guy with experience in the league that can shut top lines down and log some minutes for them. I don't know why Brad McDonald isn't there but he would certainly help them on the back end, or if they can trade some of these younger guys for a 20 or 21 year that would help. (I think they have two 21 year old spots left?)
The logical trading partner would be Stittsville......not sure that will happen with the history between the two clubs.

Old
12-04-2013, 10:29 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
The logical trading partner would be Stittsville......not sure that will happen with the history between the two clubs.
Interesting idea but I don't see how the Royals give up a D, they only have 6 playing right now.

Almonte just picked up two new D (Rouselle, Prieur), both with CJHL experience which I am sure had a lot to do with the below average production of the Rodier line last night.

Closed Thread