HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2013, 05:44 PM
PG

vCash: 500
Jets taking off?

Metcalfe quietly pulling it together with wins over OW and Gatineau

Old
12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Watch both prospect games tonight congrates to the Rideau and St Lawrence teams on there wins.
A few things that I noticed
The Metro/Valley did it right sweaters with players names on them. Also gave the sweaters to the players to keep. Great job Metro/Valley

Now for the Rideau/St Lawrence sweaters with no names, was told they would like to get a few years out of the sweaters, at future prospects games
Mickey Mickey MOUSE

The league is trying hard to get there players scouted, would be much easier for these scouts if all the players have their names on there sweaters

The most disrespectful thing I have seen in a long time at rinks, I witnessed tonight.
The players from Quebec on the Metro prospect team, put their helmets back on half way through the nation anthem and start to skate before it was finished.
Never have I seen such a disrespectful act towards everything our national anthem represents!!!!
There team should be fined and these players should be suspended.

In my day in this league these players wouldn't have made it out of the first period.
"RESPECT THE FLAG"
Agreed - League is asleep at the wheel on this and the behaviour of Buckingham fans and Mustangs management who do nothing to encourage respect for the league, let alone the country

Old
12-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbenimble View Post
Hey "Speedy" relax already. First off I was at the game as well and for your information I saw exactly 2 Scouts (Smiths Falls and Kemptville) and guess what they actually can read a program. They even look at the program to not only see WHO the player is that matches the number but even want to know WHAT team they are on. So take your dumbass remarks about about the Rideau / St. Lawrence being Mickey Mouse and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. If you think for one minute the the kids playing want to keep those jersey's you are so far out of the picture. Had they PAID for them maybe they'd want to add them to the pile of minor league jersey's, prospect camp jersey's, tryout jersey's and all the other jersey's collecting in the garage.
I guess you should have had a look around the whole rink.
At least 7 or more Jr A Scouts at both games, Gloucester,Brockville,Smith Falls,Kanata,Kemptville,
Hawkesbury Cumberland
Oh and at least three Major Jr A teams that I saw and spoke with ,The Oshawa Generals,The Belleville Bulls and The Kitchener Rangers.

Now for your scout theory on reading a program and using a program to know what Jr B team a player plays for. The program info is information for the fans and not the scouts
All Jr scouts have access to the scouting program Rink Net to get the game line ups,what team a player plays for, who owns the players Jr A or Major Jr A Rights,and all of the players Stats from every year they have played at a high level.

As far as your argument about names on the sweaters and the kids not wanting to keep there sweaters to remember their accomplishment.
That's something we will have to disagree on.

For the overall appearance of a league event, it fell short on the Rideau/St Lawrence end.
IMO

I'm a proud Rideau/St Lawrence fan and supporter but the name less sweaters was embarrassing to say the least.
You seem to say you know a lot but you don't really know what's going on do you, maybe it is you who should remove your head from that area where the sun doesn't shine.

Last edited by Roofus: 12-08-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old
12-08-2013, 07:09 PM
KL14

Scouts at Prospects Game

I must admit, I did see a number of scouts at the game as well. Far more than I had anticipated so good on the league for this.

Old
12-08-2013, 09:08 PM
HawksFanForever

I totally agree with you

Old
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Watch both prospect games tonight congrates to the Rideau and St Lawrence teams on there wins.
A few things that I noticed
The Metro/Valley did it right sweaters with players names on them. Also gave the sweaters to the players to keep. Great job Metro/Valley

Now for the Rideau/St Lawrence sweaters with no names, was told they would like to get a few years out of the sweaters, at future prospects games
Mickey Mickey MOUSE

The league is trying hard to get there players scouted, would be much easier for these scouts if all the players have their names on there sweaters

The most disrespectful thing I have seen in a long time at rinks, I witnessed tonight.
The players from Quebec on the Metro prospect team, put their helmets back on half way through the nation anthem and start to skate before it was finished.
Never have I seen such a disrespectful act towards everything our national anthem represents!!!!
There team should be fined and these players should be suspended.

In my day in this league these players wouldn't have made it out of the first period.
"RESPECT THE FLAG"
Very well put and I totally support and agree with what you have said here.

Old
12-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Matrix20027

Mr.Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbenimble View Post
Hey "Speedy" relax already. First off I was at the game as well and for your information I saw exactly 2 Scouts (Smiths Falls and Kemptville) and guess what they actually can read a program. They even look at the program to not only see WHO the player is that matches the number but even want to know WHAT team they are on. So take your dumbass remarks about about the Rideau / St. Lawrence being Mickey Mouse and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. If you think for one minute the the kids playing want to keep those jersey's you are so far out of the picture. Had they PAID for them maybe they'd want to add them to the pile of minor league jersey's, prospect camp jersey's, tryout jersey's and all the other jersey's collecting in the garage.
relax jack you must be from Quebec and are showing no respect

Old
12-10-2013, 06:11 PM
TMcD1639

Another edition of Tuesday Night Hockey as the Ottawa Canadians will host the Metcalfe Jets
7:20 puck drop
LISTEN LIVE -----> www.spreaker.com/ottsportsbrdgrp

Old
12-11-2013, 06:26 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Pretty intriguing matchup tomorrow night at OW, as they host the Perth Blue Wings.

OW has been pretty...well downright terrible the last two times out. Who can blame them- pretty hard to get up for games when you're 20-4

They'll look to regain their top form against Perth, who sit 3rd in the Valley. The BlueWings have dropped three close games in a row since winning at the showcase November 30th.

------------------

What's up with the Almonte Thunder? After trading away their goalie and leading scorer, they've won 3 of their last 4!!

Old
12-11-2013, 07:30 PM
pucksly

@PriorPackersJrB: Packers acquire Jake Gaudet and Jordan Kung from the @OWGK_EOJHL for Marc Shanks and Justin Lafleur.

Any thoughts on this trade? Will this help OWGK stay on top? Or will it be what Arnprior needs to get back into first place?

Old
12-11-2013, 09:31 PM
HawksFanForever

Defence

Here is a top notch deferenceman sitting out there and not playing Jordan Brunet.I wonder why know teams has contacted this player.

Old
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksly View Post
@PriorPackersJrB: Packers acquire Jake Gaudet and Jordan Kung from the @OWGK_EOJHL for Marc Shanks and Justin Lafleur.

Any thoughts on this trade? Will this help OWGK stay on top? Or will it be what Arnprior needs to get back into first place?

I think Gaudet will turn out to be the best player in this deal but could be playing in Kemptville next season.

Last edited by OnlytheCH: 02-18-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old
12-11-2013, 10:46 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook19 View Post
I've seen Marc Shanks play quite a bit, he sometimes tries to do everything himself which causes bad turnovers at very bad times. However.....he could turn things around playing with an older squad in Ottawa West. Watching him play it sometime looked like he thought he had to take the team on his shoulders and he would try too much as he didn't realize he actually had a good young team around him.

He was given top line minutes and he produced 2 goals. The kid is solid muscle, if he played a tougher style he would be more effective but his brain tells him to try and be cute with the puck and play a perimeter game. Lafleur was with Arnprior for a month and is Shanks roommate in school, lots of upside and good on the power play.

I think it will help keep Ottawa West very competitive, they are getting another big body in Shanks who won't have the pressure of thinking he has to take the team on his shoulders as they have the vets already and he will just compliment his linemates. Lafleur will help the PP but does get caught up ice pinching off and on.

Kung gives the Packers the big stay at home dman they need and Gaudet coming in ups their total of 17-year olds to 8 and gives them 3 scoring lines. I think Gaudet will turn out to be the best player in this deal but could be playing in Kemptville next season possibly.

This Packers aren't looking to win it all this year, but they are building a very strong lineup for the next couple of seasons. (pending whether kids graduate to Junior A or not)
Great assessment DonnyBrook.

Last edited by pucksly: 12-12-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old
12-12-2013, 10:41 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Marc Shanks gets 1st Star as he chips in with 2 goals and an assist in Ottawa West's 5-4 come from behind victory over Perth. Doubles his goal total in one game with the Golden Knights.

Old
12-12-2013, 10:43 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
OW acquires Joey House.

Good pickup.
Joey House traded to Perth by Ottawa West, 4 teams he has floated around to this year without even stepping on the ice.

Last edited by OnlytheCH: 12-14-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
12-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Lazarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnybrook19 View Post
Here you have it folks, it was a shot in the dark by Sunden. House was traded to Perth, I can only imagine what kind of money McLean will throw his way to try and get him to report. Too bad the kid quit hockey and is doing MMA now. 4 teams he has floated around to this year without even stepping on the ice.
OW has no more cards.

Old
12-14-2013, 04:29 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Re: Marc Shanks, I saw him play 3-4 games with Arnprior this season and he looked the exact same as he did on the ice Thursday with OW- quick, good hands, and a bit of a puckhog.

The difference at OW from the game we covered was the players around him were quite simply better. Playing with Phil Edgar and Jeff Gottzmann on a top line is IMO more talent than any other line in the M/V Conference.

Old
12-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Re: Marc Shanks, I saw him play 3-4 games with Arnprior this season and he looked the exact same as he did on the ice Thursday with OW- quick, good hands, and a bit of a puckhog.

The difference at OW from the game we covered was the players around him were quite simply better. Playing with Phil Edgar and Jeff Gottzmann on a top line is IMO more talent than any other line in the M/V Conference.
I would rather have rodier,barr,pearson...

Old
12-14-2013, 06:48 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I would rather have rodier,barr,pearson...
Rodier yes, but Barr and Pearson are just accessories to Rodier.

Gottzmann and Edgar are talented not just offensively, but defensively- both are excellent penalty killers and good team guys.

I think a player would be more productive playing on a line with Gottzmann and Edgar than with Barr and Pearson.

Old
12-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Rodier yes, but Barr and Pearson are just accessories to Rodier.

Gottzmann and Edgar are talented not just offensively, but defensively- both are excellent penalty killers and good team guys.

I think a player would be more productive playing on a line with Gottzmann and Edgar than with Barr and Pearson.
I agree about edgar and gottzman being better defensively. But if I had my choice of a line it would be b,r,p over e,g,s

Old
12-14-2013, 08:56 PM
hockey91

After watching the OW and Wings game on Thursday night I would almost bet money that the valley will beat the metro this year. I believe that Renfrew might have the team to beat this year. They will likely pick up players from Pembroke like they usually due and they have already shown to be a strong team this year.

Perth outplayed OW from the 15 minute mark of the first till the start of the 3rd then they fell apart defensively. OT winner was a weak attempt by the d-man backing in way to deep and letting OW get a good shot off. If Perth would have capitalized on a few breakaways and other scoring chances the game could have easily been 6 to 7-1 at the end of the second.

Hard to say if Perth will shop any players this year. If they could convince house to play then they would improve instantly. they need a d-man thought to have a good chance.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
After watching the OW and Wings game on Thursday night I would almost bet money that the valley will beat the metro this year. I believe that Renfrew might have the team to beat this year. They will likely pick up players from Pembroke like they usually due and they have already shown to be a strong team this year.

Perth outplayed OW from the 15 minute mark of the first till the start of the 3rd then they fell apart defensively. OT winner was a weak attempt by the d-man backing in way to deep and letting OW get a good shot off. If Perth would have capitalized on a few breakaways and other scoring chances the game could have easily been 6 to 7-1 at the end of the second.

Hard to say if Perth will shop any players this year. If they could convince house to play then they would improve instantly. they need a d-man thought to have a good chance.

I would rank the top 4 M/V teams come playoff time to be

OSC
REN
OW
PER

I cant see OW adding too much more now...

Old
12-14-2013, 11:34 PM
gusfring

OW will win the M/V - once they get all players back, they won't be beat.

Old
12-15-2013, 11:43 AM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
OW will win the M/V - once they get all players back, they won't be beat.
IMO they are not strong enough on defense, there is not a top end guy in the group.

Old
12-15-2013, 12:15 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
IMO they are not strong enough on defense, there is not a top end guy in the group.
While they don't have an 'elite' defenseman, their Top 4 is as strong as any.

Wintjes- Defensively-sound captain who brings a physical presence while also having good PP sense.

Lafleur - While he does have some defensive miscues from time to time, he is still a dependable Top 4 guy in this league.

Milito - Undisciplined at times, but a feisty physical defender that can battle with anyone in this league.

Lee/Tam - Both have played top four at points this season, and both are serviceable defensemen.

If anything will let OW down, it will be goaltending.

Yes, the M/V is closer this season, but I still think that, come playoff time with everyone healthy, OW and OJC are just too good and too deep for anyone in the Valley to beat over the course of a 7-game series.

Closed Thread