HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Glad to be back in the booth calling hockey tonight after missing some games due to illness. OJC host Gatineau at 7:20.

Re: Metro Division playoffs-

I don't know who is going to win it, but I can tell you definitively that it will be OJC or OW.

Clarence is heating it up, but over the course of a seven game series, neither them or Gatineau will be able to hold up to the city teams.

Old
01-14-2014, 07:13 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

vCash: 500
Valley Division is some solid hockey with some awesome fans!

Last edited by OnlytheCH: 02-18-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old
01-14-2014, 10:38 PM
EOJHL Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
The Winchester Hawks have added Alex Monk and Jordan Brunet on Defense and both are excellent additions to the team.Alex will help them with leadership and in net for sure.Look for this team to make a huge push now and should make the playoffs and do very well.
They are missing a lot strength in forwards. If they make playoffs I can't see them making it passed 1st round.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:52 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Tonight was literally the best game I've ever seen in this league.

5-4 Gatineau win in a shootout over OJC.

Listen to the game here (fast-forward to final twenty minutes for shootout):

Mustangs Win in Shootout

P.S. The shootout went fourteen rounds

Old
01-14-2014, 11:03 PM
hockeyislife82

Quote:
The Winchester Hawks have added Alex Monk and Jordan Brunet on Defense and both are excellent additions to the team.Alex will help them with leadership and in net for sure.Look for this team to make a huge push now and should make the playoffs and do very well.
I noticed they also added Kyle MacDougall who has been out of action since about christmas last year i believe.

Old
01-15-2014, 08:37 AM
HawksFanForever

Big win for the Hawks

The Winchester Hawks had a big win over the Charlan Rebels which moved them into third behind Charlan with a huge game against Alexndria this week things can change in the standings in the St Lawerence this week.

Old
01-15-2014, 10:14 AM
hockeyislife82

Quote:
The Winchester Hawks had a big win over the Charlan Rebels which moved them into third behind Charlan with a huge game against Alexndria this week things can change in the standings in the St Lawerence this week.
This is a huge weekend for Alexandria. They face Akwesasne and Winchester. Could really put them back if they can't get a win.

Old
01-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Rangersfan21

Awards Metro/Valley

Any thoughts for Metro/Valley? Heres my guesses

Most Valuable Player -- Metro:Kilrea/Robinson -- Valley: Labrosse
Rookie of the Year -- Metro: Tough choice -- Valley: Laird
Defenceman of the Year -- Metro: Damphousse -- Valley: Suckow/Nichols
Top Scorer -- Metro: Kilrea -- Valley: Most likely Labrosse...Rodiers numbers could hold up

Top Goaltenders (GAA) -- Metro:OJC -- Valley:Renfrew
Most Gentlemanly Player -- Metro: Fournier -- Valley: Barr
Top Goaltender -- Metro : Plaschy -- Valley:Schroder

Last edited by Rangersfan21: 01-15-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: --
Old
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Any thoughts for Metro/Valley? Heres my guesses

Most Valuable Player -- Metro:Kilrea/Robinson -- Valley: Labrosse
Rookie of the Year -- Metro: Tough choice -- Valley: Laird
Defenceman of the Year -- Metro: Damphousse -- Valley: Suckow/Nichols
Top Scorer -- Metro: Kilrea -- Valley: Most likely Labrosse...Rodiers numbers could hold up

Top Goaltenders (GAA) -- Metro:OJC -- Valley:Renfrew
Most Gentlemanly Player -- Metro: Fournier -- Valley: Barr
Top Goaltender -- Metro : Plaschy -- Valley:Schroder
Rodier should not be considered for the valley points. I think Barr will take that, Labrosse is over 10 back, and if Barr can manage to just be a point per game he could hold him off. Labrosse is easily the MVP for both the metro and valley, primarily just for where the team has come from and battled through.

Old
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Rodier should not be considered for the valley points. I think Barr will take that, Labrosse is over 10 back, and if Barr can manage to just be a point per game he could hold him off. Labrosse is easily the MVP for both the metro and valley, primarily just for where the team has come from and battled through.
I forgot about Barr...he has the best chance to win thats for sure

Old
01-15-2014, 05:41 PM
hockey91

This is going to be the most intense end of the season for the Valley that I can remember. I would almost say every team will be fighting to keep a playoff spot, if not everyone but Renfrew. Huge games for every team, starting tonight with Almonte and Arn.

Perth plays Almonte and Stitt each 3 more times this season as well as Shawville and arnprior twice.

Shawville has four games against Almonte left.

Stitt games against Perth will be huge, along with the season closer for both teams, could have a win and in situation.

Both Arnprior and Shawville have games against OJC and Clarence. Those will be 2 big points for both teams if they were to win.

Old
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

I really want to see Shawville make the playoffs and do well, but I just don't see it happening.

They'll probably make the playoffs based on the games in-hand on teams ahead of them, but I don't think their goaltending/defense will hold up in a seven-game series against Renfrew or Arnprior.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Old
01-16-2014, 08:01 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Jets with a surprise 2-0 lead here in Nepean over Ottawa-West after twenty minutes of play.

Hiebert, Rizk with the goals for Metcalfe.

Listen In!

Old
01-16-2014, 10:19 PM
HawksFanForever

Is this announcer on something calling this team the best in the league

Old
01-16-2014, 10:21 PM
HawksFanForever

And the lose to Metcalfe 4-0

Old
01-16-2014, 10:43 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
The Ottawa-West Golden Knights have eleven more points than the Winchester Hawks.

FYI Metcalfe is the team that's given them the most trouble this year, they've lost three times to them.

Forgive my M/V Conference bias, but I'm pretty sure the Metcalfe Jets could beat Winchester too.

Not to mention, Zac Rodier is the best player in the league bar-none. Who does he now play for?

PS I'm not even a Golden Knights fan whatsoever. I just can't stand ignorant RSL fans sometimes. Sometimes, great teams lose to lesser teams. It happens.

Last edited by connor macdavid: 01-16-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old
01-16-2014, 10:50 PM
TMcD1639

Quote:
The fact that the Ottawa West Golden Knights have the likes of Dave Kilrea, Phil Edgar, Jeff Gottsman, Ethan Allard, Derrin Lahoux, Marc Shanks, NOW Zack Rodier, Corey Tam, and JJ Pristanzki should show it all, every team has their off days today was just an off day for OW. The Jets came out to play and they played amazing no doubt about it but, the Knights have an unquestionable amount of talent that has propelled them into 1st in the M/V Conference and placed them as Conference favorites.

Old
01-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Is this announcer on something calling this team the best in the league
I'm sorry but there's no way that anyone in their right mind doesn't think that OWGK is at least in the top two... personally, I think they're easily the best team in the league. Especially with the addition of Rodier. Fire power, depth... the whole package.

Who do you think the best team in the league is? Winchester?

Old
01-16-2014, 10:59 PM
TMcD1639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
I'm sorry but there's no way that anyone in their right mind doesn't think that OWGK is at least in the top two... personally, I think they're easily the best team in the league. Especially with the addition of Rodier. Fire power, depth... the whole package.

Though Clarence has played well of late... might give OWGK a run

Old
01-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
The Ottawa-West Golden Knights have eleven more points than the Winchester Hawks.

FYI Metcalfe is the team that's given them the most trouble this year, they've lost three times to them.

Forgive my M/V Conference bias, but I'm pretty sure the Metcalfe Jets could beat Winchester too.

Not to mention, Zac Rodier is the best player in the league bar-none. Who does he now play for?

PS I'm not even a Golden Knights fan whatsoever. I just can't stand ignorant RSL fans sometimes. Sometimes, great teams lose to lesser teams. It happens.
Yes The Ottawa-West Golden Knights have one of the best teams money can buy in the EOJHL.
Wait isn't this an amateur Jr hockey league, funny how the Top teams have such deep pockets. I think it's time for the top brass in The EOJHL step up and clean up our semi pro league. The CHL did it, the Golden Horseshoe league did it, it can be done but top brass has to have the willingness to take a stand. Let's level the playing field !!!!!!
So the ignorant RSL fans piss you off, that is to funny.
According to the metro Valley fans the hockey day doesn't begin until they get up and allow the sun to shine out of there ***** for the rest of the hockey worlds day to be able to begin. ( thank you so much for this generous gesture )
The elaborate dreams of the mighty MV divisions fans believing that the next jr A league in our area will be made up of their teams and the poor RSL divisions heading off to Jr B hockey waste land.
Try a little recent Research how evenly the league championship has been over the last seven yrs 4 league championships for the MV divisions and three league championships for the RSL divisions.
Just a friendly reminder, just try to make our point with being a dick about it!!!
Because we could all be childish dicks on this forum and that would just be pointless waste of time.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:36 AM
HawksFanForever

I am referring to Casselmen and have you checked that team out lately.

Old
01-17-2014, 05:40 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:

I am talking about Casselman which you guys never mention in here or the team in the East because you do not watch them or keep up on them.And for your info when Winchester did make it to the finals just a few years ago that was one of the Best team every assembled in the EOJHL.You guys should go down and watch a few games in the East and find out just how good the games are

Old
01-17-2014, 06:38 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:

There is no doubt that Casselman is the best team in the league and they will have the much tougher trip to make it through the playoffs this year.

Old
01-17-2014, 09:35 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

We can all agree on the fact that the MV has more competitive teams.

There are no morrisburgs.

Casselman has an awful Morrisburg and, until fairly recently, an awful Akwesasne team as well, in their division.

Sorry, but IMO those teams skew the stats a bit.

Casselman vs. Whoever comes out of the MV will be a good series, and Casselman might just win.

But the fact is, you can't deny that the MV is an overall deeper and more talented conference.

Last edited by connor macdavid: 01-17-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old
01-17-2014, 09:39 AM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

Quote:
There is no doubt that Casselman is the best team in the league and they will have the much tougher trip to make it through the playoffs this year.
What? They're going to play teams like Alexandria or Akwesasne in the playoffs.

Especially in the Metro, the opposite happens. All four playoff-bound teams could win a championship out of the Metro.

You want me to believe a team with two regulation losses is going to face a harder route through the playoffs?

Closed Thread