HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
cchltier1fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Ya I am not saying that Perth should have looked into this before having the extra 16 year old but Fraser made a trade that Perth was suppose to get a 16 year old in the trade but were never given the card and Fraser did not do anything about it while he was still coaching.

McLean should have looked into it and made sure he did have the cards. Either way those 4 points really should not have made any difference as Perth has lost games that they should have won that would have put them in a stronger position at this time of the year.

Also regarding those 4 points, I believe that Perth lost those points and they were given to Gat and Stitt plus Perth got a fine. I thought that when you play with an illegal player you just lost the points or got the fine seeing that it is managements fault. I do not remember ever seeing all that happen for playing with an illegal player.
Using illegal players always results in loss of points, fines generally occur when the league feels the team did it knowingly.

Old
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
Using illegal players always results in loss of points, fines generally occur when the league feels the team did it knowingly.
Ya i knew that you would lose them but I did not think that they were given to the teams you played against

Old
02-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
Ya i knew that you would lose them but I did not think that they were given to the teams you played against
Yes, it is part of the league constitution.

Old
02-04-2014, 10:45 AM
hockeylifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Yes, it is part of the league constitution.
And this league uses their discretion to fine for everything to line the execs' pockets!

Old
02-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylifer View Post
And this league uses their discretion to fine for everything to line the execs' pockets!
Ya, that's the reason....

Any proof of that?

Maybe, just maybe, using common sense all the fines go into a league bank account and at meetings the league finances are then discussed.

No you are probably right just execs lining their pockets.....

Old
02-04-2014, 07:14 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Good preview of the probable 2v3 first round matchup in the Metro Division tonight- all square, 0-0 through twenty minutes between OJC and Clarence.

Listen here:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/ottsportsbrdgrp

Old
02-05-2014, 01:06 PM
xcross

Valley Division Playoff Race

As predicted by many on this board the valley division playoff race is going to come right down to the end with only Renfrew being completely comfortable at this point. Arnprior is in good shape in 2 nd, however they are only 2 up on 3rd place Almonte. With Stittsville, Shawville, and Perth all being separated by 2 pts it should be a great last couple of weeks to follow. Thoughts ?

Old
02-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
As predicted by many on this board the valley division playoff race is going to come right down to the end with only Renfrew being completely comfortable at this point. Arnprior is in good shape in 2 nd, however they are only 2 up on 3rd place Almonte. With Stittsville, Shawville, and Perth all being separated by 2 pts it should be a great last couple of weeks to follow. Thoughts ?
Renfrew
Arnprior
Shawville
Stittsville

Old
02-05-2014, 02:58 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
Things could even get interesting for Arnprior if they were to lose their back to back games to Renfrew tonight and Friday.

Old
02-05-2014, 05:25 PM
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat

vCash: 400
Valley could shake down:

Renfrew
Arnprior
Stittsville
Shawville

My theory is that Shawville have a lot of games back-to-back-to-back, Fri-Sat-Sun, and they can't possibly do that well in those situations.

They'll fall apart here down the stretch, and get the bare minimum to outlast Almonte. Perth will fall off the back as well.

Old
02-05-2014, 10:12 PM
HawksFanForever

The Hawks win in OT

Looks like the Winchester Hawks are taking matters into their own hands as far as making the playoffs.They in Wednesday night at their barn in OT and make that three in a row.As I said you do not have to get help from other teams to make the playoffs if you take care of your own games and play well and hopefully by playing well this give you a great chance to win these games.I have never been a believer in hoping someone else wins and by them winning and beating a team you need them to beat so you make it in.You go out there and play every shift like it is your last and listen to your coaches and the system they put in place.You do all these and it gives you a great opportunity to win allot of games.

Old
02-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Stittsvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Renfrew
Arnprior
Shawville
Stittsville
Not only will Stittsville get into the playoffs, they will be the Valley division champs.

Old
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
Not only will Stittsville get into the playoffs, they will be the Valley division champs.
Not sure I am ready to predict that but at this time I believe anyone of the 4 teams could win. At one time Renfrew seemed to be a lock but they have fallen off a lot lately.

At the Jan 10th deadline I fully expected the Royals to move their 21 year olds since it looked like they were too far back, since that they have been the hottest team and on a tear.

Old
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
backrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stittsvillain View Post
From what I have seen in the last couple weeks you nailed it. I cannot see any other valley team winning a series against the Royals.

Old
02-07-2014, 09:55 PM
HawksFanForever

Hawks over Alexandria 4-3 and on a roll

Looks like the Hawks do not need any help from anyone as they are writing their own history to them making the playoffs.They have now won four in a row and are playing great defense and that is what you need this time of year.Gratz to the Hawks and the coaching staff and the great fans that they have.

Old
02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
HawksFanForever

Let the Playoffs begin

Well the playoffs are set for the SL with Winchester against Charlan and Casselman facing off against Akwesasne Wolves .My picks are Winchester in 7 and Casselman in 6.

Old
02-10-2014, 09:25 AM
hockeyislife82

What an end to the season. Came down to the wire for the St Lawrence division.

Winchester Char Lan is a great match up, but i think Winchester has the edge in that series.

Casselman vs Akwesasne is the most interesting first round match up for me. It could go either way. If the Wolves get back to where they were during their streak I think they take the Vikings down, If not Vikings will run through them. No pick for that series, but I will be watching

Old
02-10-2014, 12:18 PM
xcross

Playoffs

In the Valley Division, this weekends games made the playoff picture clear as mud. Perth and Almonte both picked up 4 pts, Shawville 3 pts, and Stittsville only played one game and they picked up 1 pt in it.
So as it stands now the only "safe" team is Renfrew. And this week will be a beauty.
Opinion time; Looking at the remaining Schedule I don't see how Almonte doesn't get in. Stittsville will rise to the challenge and get into fourth.
Renfrew
Almonte
Arnprior
Stittsville.

I would love to see Shawville get in, however don't think they have the horses to get them there, and Perth, well Perth has been a mess all year and I don't see that changing this week.

Also why is the RSL done a full week ahead of the other conference? I would think you would want to have both conferences heading into playoffs at the same time.
Opinions always welcome.

Old
02-10-2014, 12:32 PM
hockey91

Valley should shape up to be

Renfrew
Arnprior
Almonte
Perth

And there is even a possibility that Arnprior could miss the playoffs. They only have two games left vs stitt and shawville, two teams going to be going on all cylinders in those games.

Shawville has a tough game vs west where they need the points, hard to say if they can win that game. They could pick up points in Arnprior but I cant see them beating Perth.

Stitt has two games vs Renfrew so hard to say what Renfrew team will show up. Having games Tuesday Wednesday, then Friday Saturday Sunday could be tough on the team.

Perth has a three game weekend and will be relying on some loses for Stitt and Shaw this week. If they can 4 of 6 this weekend I could see them squeaking into the playoffs. Barr has stepped up for the Wings getting 4 goals vs Shaw, then 2 goals and a assist in Arnprior.

With Stitt, Shaw and Perth all having three game weekends it could all be decided on Sundays games. And could easily come down to the Perth vs Stitt game as a win and your in game. Do not think you could ask for a more exciting weekend of hockey.

Old
02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Valley should shape up to be

Renfrew
Arnprior
Almonte
Perth

And there is even a possibility that Arnprior could miss the playoffs. They only have two games left vs stitt and shawville, two teams going to be going on all cylinders in those games.

Shawville has a tough game vs west where they need the points, hard to say if they can win that game. They could pick up points in Arnprior but I cant see them beating Perth.

Stitt has two games vs Renfrew so hard to say what Renfrew team will show up. Having games Tuesday Wednesday, then Friday Saturday Sunday could be tough on the team.

Perth has a three game weekend and will be relying on some loses for Stitt and Shaw this week. If they can 4 of 6 this weekend I could see them squeaking into the playoffs. Barr has stepped up for the Wings getting 4 goals vs Shaw, then 2 goals and a assist in Arnprior.

With Stitt, Shaw and Perth all having three game weekends it could all be decided on Sundays games. And could easily come down to the Perth vs Stitt game as a win and your in game. Do not think you could ask for a more exciting weekend of hockey.
If the Perth/Stitt game Sunday is a win and your in it could get interesting. Both Dodson and Savidant are doing double duty. They played Sunday afternoon for CP and then Sunday night for Perth. Next Sunday both games are at the same time so that won't happen. I guess we will see what kind of deal Perth negotiated with Clarke.

Old
02-10-2014, 03:13 PM
hockeylover116

Hey guys, new to the site. I follow most of the teams but more the RSL...any thoughts on the playoff match ups in that division?
I think athens has a decent chance of coming out of the Rideau once again, their big guns are going and they have a good mixture of offensive and defensive d-men. Goaltending may be the biggest issue through out.
The wolves will likely give cassleman a good run once again. I think they will come out of that division. But hey! Who knows!
Thoughts from anyone else?

Old
02-10-2014, 04:20 PM
hurricane11

Aeros in 6
Islanders in 5
Vikings in 5
Hawks in 6

Old
02-10-2014, 05:34 PM
hockayfella

Rsl

not many seem to agree but im going with char-lan in 6.
They have a stronger offence and what they lake in defence is made up for with great goaltending.
Gotta go with the powerhouse Vikings vs the wolves.
although the wolves are the team to hand casselman 2 loses this season, I just cant see it happening.
Their top line is potent with the leagues 3rd overall scorer but that's where the offence ends.

Old
02-10-2014, 08:30 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
If the Perth/Stitt game Sunday is a win and your in it could get interesting. Both Dodson and Savidant are doing double duty. They played Sunday afternoon for CP and then Sunday night for Perth. Next Sunday both games are at the same time so that won't happen. I guess we will see what kind of deal Perth negotiated with Clarke.
I believe they are getting called up for injury replacements right now. So I guess that will depend on how many players for CP are out and if Clarke will allow Perth to have the players seeing this is the end of the season for Perth and huge games for them.

Old
02-11-2014, 09:19 AM
hockeylover116

well, looks like the tikis ended the season with a bang.
Tanner benton trying to exact some revenge on Alex Mclean.
Seeking some revenge for the cross check from last years seven game series between athens and brockville.

Closed Thread