HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2014, 09:15 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover116 View Post
I hope you know I was not referring to it being a "one game series". I know it is a seven game series. But by the way the knights were talked about, they were going to blow Gatineau away, they wouldn't have a chance, they have the best d and forwards. People who have played hockey in the playoffs should know that what happened in the regular season means zero come playoff time. They may have the top scorers but defence wins championships
Show me one post that said they would sweep Gatineau...

The top 4 teams in the Metro played each other very tough the whole year.

I expect Clarence to give OJC a run and possibly win as well.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:26 AM
hockeylover116

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Show me one post that said they would sweep Gatineau...

The top 4 teams in the Metro played each other very tough the whole year.

I expect Clarence to give OJC a run and possibly win as well.
I dont recall even saying that they would "sweep" Gatineau...
I was making a very obvious point that it was going to be west coming out of the "high powered" Metro Div.
It was said that they had the best forwards in the league.
It was said that they had the best defence in the league.
It was also said that the goaltending was top notch in the league.

Im just stating the facts that were posted in this chatroom. Im not looking for arguments over it. But in my opinion(which im am allowed to have am i not?)
Their forwards are selfish at crucial times, they always want to be the hero...
The defence are good but they do not have the grit and lack experience to make it out of the metro divison.
And talking with friends who know more than i about the goaltending, it can be awful at times, letting in terrible, momentum killing goals, at awful times in the games.

Who ever comes out of the OJC/Clarence series will win the metro/valley. The experience is there, and they have guys who have made playoff runs before.

I look forward to your comment back, tearing my OPINIONS apart.
Cheers lads

Old
02-18-2014, 09:27 AM
LETSPLAY

Gatineau have a veteran team that obviously knows what playoff hockey is all about. OW took too many needless penalties and were playing catch up all night. We'll see tonight if they have learned their lesson or not.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:30 AM
cchltier1fan

Be careful what you say about OW defense "gusfring" gets awful protective......

Old
02-18-2014, 09:52 AM
EpicNeilTime

Despite the loss last night, OTW dominated the 2nd half of the game last night and have a lot of positives going into tonight's game. The biggest thing for them is not taking too many penalties in the first period. Last two games they've taken a combined 10 minor penalties in the first. The reffing in the Clarence game was brutal. They don't seem to start well at home and they seem to be playing from behind to often. If OTW can finish all their hits on the Proulx and Robinson line than they should be able to throw them off their game. Robinson has a really bad wrist and a couple whacks/slashes/hit could make him a non-factor. Gatineau's goalie seemed to give up a lot of rebounds and if OTW can drive the net hard the chances will be there. The goalie would get rattled too anytime there was a scrum around him. If OTW gets involved in the scrums in front of the goalie they may be able to draw a few penalties.

Old
02-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
IMO OW does not have the defense or goaltending necessary to win a championship.
Agreed, I would take Gatineau's D and goaltending over OWGK

Old
02-18-2014, 12:34 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
hockeylover - I'm loving the teardown of West.

Everyone on this board has agreed on a few things-

i) Their offense is the best in the league. Their top nine forwards are unbelievably better (talent-wise at least) than anyone else.

ii) Their defense IF HEALTHY could be one of the best. Right now they've got an out-of-shape Lafleur, Milito with a destroyed right shoulder who IMO shouldn't even be playing right now, and Waddell-Harris, a forward, on the backend. Not to mention the fact Cody Kyle spent most of the season on the blueline as well.

iii) Goaltending is OWGK's weak link. Pristanski is unorthodox and inconsistent at best, and Plumadore has a tendency to let in a weak goal or two per game.

Thoughts on last night's game:
  • Dominik Robinson is such a special player
  • Vincent Proulx's bar-down goal was probably the nicest goal I've seen all season.
  • Robinson's goal was weak, Plumadore cheated to the middle of his crease and got burned shortside. The goal made it 2-zip and really hurt West.
  • Wintjes looked shaken/rattled after taking two big hits in the first period, and was not himself- lots of turnovers.
  • Cedric Parker is a beast on the blueline for Gatineau. Did it all- penalty killing, on the PP, playing the body, zone clearance.
  • West has a long, tough series ahead of them. I'll say West in 7.

Looking ahead to tonight in the Metro, we'll be broadcasting from Sandy Hill as OJC open up their series against Clarence.

I legitimately think Clarence will win the series, maybe even in five games. Their defensive systems are SEXY. Laplante has done a fantastic job

Also in action tonight, West looks to bounce back after the Game One loss as they head into the Franco jungle in Buckingham.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
backrow

Valley Playoffs

What the hecks going on in the Valley? Who's playing Who. Let"s get it together!

Old
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
UltimatePuckFan

Protest: heard Shawville has placed a protest. Arrnprior had a player that was also on Pemproke score sheet the same night. Rulling will go down soon.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:12 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
Be careful what you say about OW defense "gusfring" gets awful protective......
Correct spelling on everything. Impressive.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:35 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatePuckFan View Post
Protest: heard Shawville has placed a protest. Arrnprior had a player that was also on Pemproke score sheet the same night. Rulling will go down soon.
Any idea which game since Shawville won their last meeting. If Arnprior loses points, are Stittsville in or Perth ?

Old
02-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleydude View Post
Any idea which game since Shawville won their last meeting. If Arnprior loses points, are Stittsville in or Perth ?
It was the game on Friday night, so Arnprior would lose the point they got for the SO loss. This in turn would put Shawville 3rd and Arnprior would slip to 4th.
Perth and Stittsville would still be out of the playoffs.
Stittsville does not have 41 points despite what the standings show, it is a glitch in the pointstreak system.

Old
02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
KL14

Player on 2 game sheets

So exactly what rule is violated when a player is listed on two game sheets on the same day when one league is Jr B and the other is Jr A ?

Last edited by KL14: 02-18-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old
02-18-2014, 09:15 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
So exactly what rule is violated when a player is listed on two game sheets on the same day when one league is Jr B and the other is Jr A ?
Seems like a mistake that has happened numerous times in this league but usually never picked up on because it's not important. If the player didn't play then he had absolutely no effect on the actual game. Shawville won in a shootout, game, set, match. My guess is Renfrew and Shawville don't want to play each other so figure they would make life difficult for Arnprior.

Old
02-18-2014, 11:48 PM
ConorFC

Much better effort from OTW tonight as they beat the Mustangs 6-2.

Old
02-19-2014, 05:48 AM
hockeylover116

Hawksfanforever!!!
Heard there was a problem with the hawks win the other night with one second left on the clock...
What I heard is that the time keeper was not quick enough on the button to start the clock with a face off in the Rebs end, should have only been 1.7 seconds to play but it turned into 2 or 3...
Don't know the real facts, care to shed some light?!
Cheers

Old
02-19-2014, 06:20 AM
JrB

Was anyone at the Clarence game last night? Thoughts?

Old
02-19-2014, 09:07 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorFC View Post
Much better effort from OTW tonight as they beat the Mustangs 6-2.
Heard from a buddy that the Gatineau assistant coach went after one of the OTW players and punched him in the face.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:21 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Heard from a buddy that the Gatineau assistant coach went after one of the OTW players and punched him in the face.
If true, which I doubt, I bet it wasn't Rodier.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:33 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
If true, which I doubt, I bet it wasn't Rodier.
My buddy who's on the team said the coach punched Allard.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:40 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
My buddy who's on the team said the coach punched Allard.
If it were one guy, that's the one I would have bet on.

Sounds like he is right under their skin...

Old
02-19-2014, 09:50 AM
PK19

Packers Tweeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
Seems like a mistake that has happened numerous times in this league but usually never picked up on because it's not important. If the player didn't play then he had absolutely no effect on the actual game. Shawville won in a shootout, game, set, match. My guess is Renfrew and Shawville don't want to play each other so figure they would make life difficult for Arnprior.
Arnprior Packers ‏@PriorPackersJrB 23m
Packers 1st round match-up pushed back. Game #1 will begin Saturday night in Almonte. #Packers #Thunder #ValleySemis #EOJHL

Issue must of been resolved

Old
02-19-2014, 11:14 AM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrB View Post
Was anyone at the Clarence game last night? Thoughts?
Clarence did exactly what they need to do to be successful in the series- they played solid D, got excellent goaltending from Quesnel, and capitalized on their offensive opportunity.

Meanwhile in Buckingham...

I have confirmation that Ottawa-West's president was punched in the face by a Gatineau asst. coach. Series is tied at one, and Game 3 on Thuraday should be a beauty!

Old
02-19-2014, 11:53 AM
LETSPLAY

Gatineau team and fans were bush-league. Gatineau left ice and had no business still being there when OW left the ice. That was the sideshow, now for the game - OW dominated first and third periods with a strong forecheck and were much better going to the net. If OW can play like that consistently they will win this series.

Old
02-19-2014, 01:51 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSPLAY View Post
Gatineau team and fans were bush-league. Gatineau left ice and had no business still being there when OW left the ice. That was the sideshow, now for the game - OW dominated first and third periods with a strong forecheck and were much better going to the net. If OW can play like that consistently they will win this series.
Half their fans don't stand for the national anthem. They should be dropped from the league, IMO.

Closed Thread