Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2013, 10:44 AM
PRNuck
Sell the team.

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatger View Post
I'm happy to say that I saw a big difference with Liberati & Thomson in the lineup on Saturday against Barrie. Let's hope they keep playing the way they did and Stan doesn't change them too much into his defensive style. I am very anxious to see them Thursday against Ottawa and hopefully we will finally get our first regulation win.
Good to hear, did Liberati get a lot of ice time?

Old
11-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Greatger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Good to hear, did Liberati get a lot of ice time?
Yes he did. He took regular defense shifts on Goodrow's line. Really moves the puck quick and shoots from the point. "Amazing"
A very welcome addition for sure.

Old
11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
PRNuck
Sell the team.

vCash: 833
Quote:
Yes he did. He took regular defense shifts on Goodrow's line. Really moves the puck quick and shoots from the point. "Amazing"
Oh awesome, thanks for the report Glad he's getting an opportunity to play now.

Old
11-25-2013, 04:11 PM
jolly roger

Quote:
You know that Liberati actually played some at forward for London, that's how skilled offensively he is. IMO he's a great addition to the team.

Old
11-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Greatger

Steven Duda Quits Hockey

The North Bay Battalion’s defence corps was reduced by one Monday when Steven Duda informed the team that he is quitting hockey.
“He decided to pursue other options than hockey,” said Stan Butler, the Ontario Hockey League club’s director of hockey operations and head coach. “He’s going to go home and sort out his school options.”
Full article on North Bay Battalion website http://battalionhockey.com/

Last edited by Greatger: 11-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old
11-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Greatger

Omen

Here is where the problem lies. We can't win a regulation game on home ice because of the bad omen which we carry on our shoulders. Yes, its the damn Centennials Patch. Although it was a nice gesture on the part of the Battalion ownership to acknowledge the team in the past. It is time now to move on with this new team and leave the past failures in the past. Please remove the patch. I guarantee you will finally win at home !!!

Old
11-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Glassnout

It's funny you mention that, I just noticed it for the first time last night and thought this team has nothing to do with the Centennials (thank god).

Take the patch off. It's a discredit to our current team, administration, and ownership. If anything, they should have a Brampton patch to acknowledge the fans that supported them for years.

Old
11-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Gr8northscout

I agree. take the patch off and remove all the old Cents picture in the concourse. It's time this team creates its' own identity. Pretty funny that the guy who flew here for the opening game and spoke at centre ice.....his picture is behind a pop machine.

Old
11-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Greatger

I would also like to add that all of their regulation wins came on the road. There is no patch on those jersey's !

Old
12-01-2013, 11:15 AM
spencerwall

It has been wonderful and exciting to watch the visiting teams playing at the Gardens. Unfortunately, the play of the Battalion has not been 'exciting" or "wonderful" . People have commented and I have been warned that all of Butlers teams have been very defensive in style of play and consequently games will be low scoring. Wow...but.. but!..
1) why trade a player like Robinson for an OA?
2)goaltending is average. Why are the goaltenders sharing equal playing time? Play Smith and establish some confidence!
3) the loss of Bell has really hurt this team. The defense has been plagued by injuries. Miller and McIvor are capturing the majority of the ice time and Blujus is coming off surgery.The trade to acquire Liberati does add offence but at the same time he is a defensive liability. Once Woods is back from injury and Bruce the rookie 16 year old the defense corp will only be 6.What happens now should there be additional injuries or suspensions? It certainly is a very weak area on the team.
4)Yuck...the PP has to be strong and productive if the team plays a defensive style. This has not been promising. Captain Goodwin has been exciting to watch but at the same time wreckless and selfish with the puck. He must feel the pressure of having a productive year and stacking his stats in preparation for a professional career. Paplan and Paul have demonstrated their skills but that's it...no more scoring potential to speak about.Why is Amadio having a bad year when everyone expects that this should be his breakout year? Goal production as a team is very low and shoot out wins will not reflect the capabilities of a team.
5)Draft selection..MCkenzie has certainly have tons of talent. #2 selection Baird has had very limited ice time. Why would the Battalion draft a 16 year old that has a ton of penalty minutes? #3 choice riley bruce has been a good choice however he has been thrown into a weak defensive corp and he is gaining experience.
I am sorry for my rant. I am just frustrated and venting on this forum. If changes are not made then I see a very disappointing year. I am a rookie with ohl hockey but I am passionate for the game and I do want too see a successful Battalion team. Just at this moment I am disappointed.

Old
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Greatger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwall View Post
It has been wonderful and exciting to watch the visiting teams playing at the Gardens. Unfortunately, the play of the Battalion has not been 'exciting" or "wonderful" . People have commented and I have been warned that all of Butlers teams have been very defensive in style of play and consequently games will be low scoring. Wow...but.. but!..
1) why trade a player like Robinson for an OA?
2)goaltending is average. Why are the goaltenders sharing equal playing time? Play Smith and establish some confidence!
3) the loss of Bell has really hurt this team. The defense has been plagued by injuries. Miller and McIvor are capturing the majority of the ice time and Blujus is coming off surgery.The trade to acquire Liberati does add offence but at the same time he is a defensive liability. Once Woods is back from injury and Bruce the rookie 16 year old the defense corp will only be 6.What happens now should there be additional injuries or suspensions? It certainly is a very weak area on the team.
4)Yuck...the PP has to be strong and productive if the team plays a defensive style. This has not been promising. Captain Goodwin has been exciting to watch but at the same time wreckless and selfish with the puck. He must feel the pressure of having a productive year and stacking his stats in preparation for a professional career. Paplan and Paul have demonstrated their skills but that's it...no more scoring potential to speak about.Why is Amadio having a bad year when everyone expects that this should be his breakout year? Goal production as a team is very low and shoot out wins will not reflect the capabilities of a team.
5)Draft selection..MCkenzie has certainly have tons of talent. #2 selection Baird has had very limited ice time. Why would the Battalion draft a 16 year old that has a ton of penalty minutes? #3 choice riley bruce has been a good choice however he has been thrown into a weak defensive corp and he is gaining experience.
I am sorry for my rant. I am just frustrated and venting on this forum. If changes are not made then I see a very disappointing year. I am a rookie with ohl hockey but I am passionate for the game and I do want too see a successful Battalion team. Just at this moment I am disappointed.
Very well stated spencerwall. I couldn't have said it better myself. The only reason why we are still seeing 3,000 plus fans is because of the 2600+ that purchased seasons tickets. It will be interesting to see what people will do next year when it comes time to purchase next years tickets if this team keeps performing the way it has been.
They can shut-out a team in their building in front of 7,003 people, and they can't win a regulation game in their home barn. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Last edited by Greatger: 12-02-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
JagStyles

Send a message via ICQ to JagStyles
My biggest frustration is with Stan Butler's loyalty to the over agers, specifically guys like McLeod who have done nothing to keep their spot on the roster. This team seems to lack accountability. If players perform poorly, there are no consequences.

Similarly, when a player has a series of good games, they aren't promoted by moving them higher up in the lineup. Why continue to play under achieving over agers when you can give the youngsters more ice time over a period of 5-10 games to see what they can bring to the table?

Don't even get me started on Goodrow. Sure he produces but he has to be one of the most selfish players I've seen both in terms of ice time i.e.: staying out on his shifts far too long, and with the puck. What makes matters worse is he's their captain.

But I digress. This team needs a shakeup. My personal preference would be to see them give their youngsters more ice time - what do you lose by trying it? Unfortunately, that's not Stan's style.

Old
12-03-2013, 02:12 PM
reelspin

Quote:
I would also like to add that all of their regulation wins came on the road. There is no patch on those jersey's !
On the road everyone still thinks they are playing the Brampton Battalion. The jerseys need a makeover, something that identifies them as North Bay's new Battalion team.

Old
12-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Greatger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelspin View Post
On the road everyone still thinks they are playing the Brampton Battalion. The jerseys need a makeover, something that identifies them as North Bay's new Battalion team.
I honestly don't think Scott Abbott will spend any money on re-vamping the jerseys as he would have done it already.
It cost him next to nothing to just add the "North Bay" crest to the current home & away jersey. The "Centennials" patch on the shoulder were given to him from stock that was left over. It only cost him $25 per jersey to have it sewn on.
Maybe a 3rd jersey would be a nice touch with North Bay a little more prominent perhaps. The city still has to prove itself worthy of this hockey team. We shall see after the 3rd season ends how many people opt out of renewing their subscription.

Old
12-04-2013, 11:56 PM
battfan888
Podcaster

One thing you will come to learn about Scott Abbott is if he likes it chances are he wont change it. In Brampton we never once had a 3rd jersey in 15 years. The two jerseys the team wears now are the exact same they wore in season #1 back in 98-99 obviously without the Cents patch.

Obviously you've seen the pink in the rink and camo jerseys already but somebody is going to have to do a sell job to Abbott if a regular 3rd gets put into the rotation or the main jerseys get revamped in anyway.

Old
12-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Greatger

Quotes from Stan

"We got to start winning games at home and get this crowd back and really I don't know what else to say," he explained.

"We need to step it up at home. This is our barn."

"If you don't get any points, you don't like anything," said head coach and Director of Operations Stan Butler of the Troops third straight loss at home.

"At the end of the day, we're not a Nursery School. You don't give marks for effort."

"You're not going to get a cookie and a glass of milk at the end of the day. Its result-oriented. It's disappointing," he continued, "We got a great group of fans here and they're excited about having the OHL back and we should make them even more excited.

Stan instead of standing on the bench gazing at the shot clock, get vocal with your players, and the ones that are just going through the motions and not hitting anyone should either sit on the middle of the bench or get undressed and go home !

Old
12-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
"We got to start winning games at home and get this crowd back and really I don't know what else to say," he explained.

"We need to step it up at home. This is our barn."

"If you don't get any points, you don't like anything," said head coach and Director of Operations Stan Butler of the Troops third straight loss at home.

"At the end of the day, we're not a Nursery School. You don't give marks for effort."

"You're not going to get a cookie and a glass of milk at the end of the day. Its result-oriented. It's disappointing," he continued, "We got a great group of fans here and they're excited about having the OHL back and we should make them even more excited.

Stan instead of standing on the bench gazing at the shot clock, get vocal with your players, and the ones that are just going through the motions and not hitting anyone should either sit on the middle of the bench or get undressed and go home !
Funny, my son skated with Stan Butler a couple of years ago and he was quite excited to spend a whole summer learning and getting better under Stan. Oh man, what a disappoitnment that was, all he did was stand on the wall and look bored.

Maybe after being in one place or organization for so long, the fire no longer burns as bright?

Old
12-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Tryampled
Registered Snoozer

I have a question for you Battallion fans.

did Hodgson play regularly with Duchene and Grachev? I seem to remember him playing on a separate line and Duchene and Grachev played together.

Old
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
battfan888
Podcaster

Hodgson, Duchene and Grachev would usually only all play together at once on the powerplay.

Hodgson and Grachev were regularly on a line together, after the trade deadline those two usually played with Anthony Peluso, pre deadline it was Jason Dale who had played on a line with Hodgson for most of their 3 seasons together.

Duchene was a centre like Hodgson so he was on a seperate line. He clicked very well in the playoffs with Matt Kang and Scott Tanski.

Duchene would sometimes play with Grachev as both were very fast but usually Grachev played with Hodgson.

Old
12-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Gr8northscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by battfan888 View Post
Hodgson, Duchene and Grachev would usually only all play together at once on the powerplay.

Hodgson and Grachev were regularly on a line together, after the trade deadline those two usually played with Anthony Peluso, pre deadline it was Jason Dale who had played on a line with Hodgson for most of their 3 seasons together.

Duchene was a centre like Hodgson so he was on a seperate line. He clicked very well in the playoffs with Matt Kang and Scott Tanski.

Duchene would sometimes play with Grachev as both were very fast but usually Grachev played with Hodgson.
the franchise is in NB now so why bring up Brampton alumni of years past??

Old
12-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Greatger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8northscout View Post
It will take a couple of years to drill it into everyone's head that this is the
"North Bay Battalion" now. But history is history and people are entitled to reminisce about the good old days. Whether they were good or bad ! and it sure doesn't help when the jerseys are the same, as I mentioned above.
Personally I cringe when I hear announcers say "Brampton Battalion"

Old
12-21-2013, 02:09 AM
battfan888
Podcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8northscout View Post
I was simply answering the question from the post above mine.
Not sure your getting so testy. God forbid I mention players from this franchises years in Brampton.

Old
12-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

So I saw this on twitter this morning:

@markseidel: Mornings kidz! Expect Bratina to North Bay for Blake Clarke to be finalized at the League office today.

That would be interesting if this came true. That's IF. Just speculation at this point.

Also, what's up with Clarke this year? He tore it up his rookie year but only has three points this year. Has his play deteriorated that much in one year or is it just a case of a change of scenery would do him good?

Old
12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Glassnout

Clarke must have requested the trade. No way would Butler give away a player like that unless he was forced to.

That being said, Clarke has been no where near the player he was last year and its good to get him off the roster.

Old
01-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Gr8northscout

Missy tonight

I think we might see the Battalion goaltender of the future in net tonight. I have not been impressed with the current ones. They are both 94's I think so one will have to be dealt to make way for Evan Cormier. This kid has been fantastic for the Trappers this year. Look for him to start tonight.

Closed Thread