HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Draft Re-Entries (2nd/3rd year eligible players) for 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2013, 10:30 AM
  #1
Brock
HFB Partner
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The GTA
Posts: 9,877
vCash: 500
Top Draft Re-Entries (2nd/3rd year eligible players) for 2013

An annual tradition on my blog is the ranking of the top 2nd/3rd year eligible players for the current NHL Draft.

Here's this year's OHL list.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...e-entries.html

10. Mathew Campagna
9. Zach Hall
8. Dakota Mermis
7. Barclay Goodrow
6. Zac Leslie
5. Cameron Brace
4. Henri Ikonen
3. Dane Fox
2. Justin Auger
1. Eric Locke

Honorable mentions and comments are on the blog.

Brock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:24 AM
  #2
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,581
vCash: 500
The articles are always appreciated.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
  #3
ottsabrefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kanata, ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Awesome! Thanks. Great work!

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2013, 11:31 PM
  #4
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Good job Brock.

Cant disagree with the top 10 picks, but I might switch some around in respect to listing number.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
  #5
Torts
Moderator
Dont Doubt the Trout
 
Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Great list, I will be a homer and add Smoskowitz to the HM's. I think he's done enough to get drafted in the later rounds.

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:39 PM
  #6
brahmabull
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Nice list, I think you could swap Campagna with Crisp though I think Crisp has the size and hands to draw some interest from a few teams and would not be surprised to see him go in the later rounds like Brady Austin last year. I think you could move Goodrow up a bit, he's a big kid with a decent shot and is a good 2 way player.

brahmabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 07:52 AM
  #7
Kingpin794
Lucky 13
 
Kingpin794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Freeland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Locke really did his best work AFTER Trocheck got traded. That shows how much he improved. There wasn't anyone left to help him get better, he was going to have to be the one to lead and make his teammates better and he did that. If he comes back for an OA season next year (which I think he will) he's got to be a favorite for the scoring title.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:14 PM
  #8
hockeyohl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Locke really did his best work AFTER Trocheck got traded. That shows how much he improved. There wasn't anyone left to help him get better, he was going to have to be the one to lead and make his teammates better and he did that. If he comes back for an OA season next year (which I think he will) he's got to be a favorite for the scoring title.
I think you are right on with Locke and I could see him getting drafted in a late round this year.

hockeyohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:44 PM
  #9
OHLTG
Registered User
 
OHLTG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind lens, Ontario
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 500
I remember a few years back, at Spitfires training camp, when this little guy came on the ice, made a few moves, and scored time-and-time again. I looked down to see who it was. "Eric Locke"...some kid we drafted in the 13th or 14th round. After 10-min of watching him, I said "we need to keep him!" Something about him has always stood out. He's not big, but he has passion and can flat-out score. I'd love to see him get a shot in the bigs because I know he'll make an impact. The little engine that could!

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 03:26 PM
  #10
PacoSanchez15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Any chance someone uses a late pick on Alex Gudbranson?

Thought he had a pretty good season for the Hounds. He obviously needs to work on his skating but don't see why he's not worth a late pick.

PacoSanchez15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
  #11
Brock
HFB Partner
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The GTA
Posts: 9,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 View Post
Any chance someone uses a late pick on Alex Gudbranson?

Thought he had a pretty good season for the Hounds. He obviously needs to work on his skating but don't see why he's not worth a late pick.
I don't really see it to be honest.

He made good strides this year in simplifying his defensive game and becoming a more physically intimidating presence in the defensive end. But, the skating still isn't terrific. And from what I've seen, he's still too prone to turnovers in the defensive end and isn't confident enough with the puck to make consistently strong breakout passes.

With Sproul and Miller gone next year, he'll likely get a chance to take on an increased offensive role (or be forced into it). So we'll see how he does then.

Brock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 03:56 PM
  #12
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Great list, I will be a homer and add Smoskowitz to the HM's. I think he's done enough to get drafted in the later rounds.
I'll join you as a homer. Great character kid.

Luvtowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
  #13
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
An annual tradition on my blog is the ranking of the top 2nd/3rd year eligible players for the current NHL Draft.

Here's this year's OHL list.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...e-entries.html

10. Mathew Campagna
9. Zach Hall
8. Dakota Mermis
7. Barclay Goodrow
6. Zac Leslie
5. Cameron Brace
4. Henri Ikonen
3. Dane Fox
2. Justin Auger
1. Eric Locke

Honorable mentions and comments are on the blog.
I believe 3 out of the 10 above got drafted (Auger, Locke and Ikonen).

I think all 10 above should have been drafted. NHL scouts may be more tricksters than OHL scouts.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:00 AM
  #14
againsttheboards
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I believe 3 out of the 10 above got drafted (Auger, Locke and Ikonen).

I think all 10 above should have been drafted. NHL scouts may be more tricksters than OHL scouts.
And Zach Leslie makes it four

againsttheboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM
  #15
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Sorry, about that, 4 out of 10.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
  #16
superspitfan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I believe 3 out of the 10 above got drafted (Auger, Locke and Ikonen).

I think all 10 above should have been drafted. NHL scouts may be more tricksters than OHL scouts.
Quine was re-drafted to the Islanders. His original draft team was Detroit.

superspitfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.