HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matt Puempel/Cody Ceci + 17th overall in 2013 (+ Milan Michalek?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2013, 10:21 PM
  #1
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Matt Puempel/Cody Ceci + 17th overall in 2013 (+ Milan Michalek?)

Yes the Sens are looking for a quantity for quality trade. They have too many NHL bodies and too many prospects, and need top end talent.

Incoming no wants to trade their quality for quantity, yada yada yada. Guess what people, they do happen.




So, who is the best winger the Sens could get for Matt Puempel + 17th overall in 2013? What if the Sens added Michalek?

Another possibility the Sens could be looking for is a top 6 winger + 2nd pair RD, as Gonchar is likely gone. Is there a deal out there?


For the record, while Matt Puempel's numbers don't look great, Bryan Murray praised him big time recently. The Sens like his development. The Kitchener Rangers were generally low scoring this year.


Last edited by WhiteLight: 05-31-2013 at 10:50 PM.
WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:30 PM
  #2
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
Your not going to get a true quality guy, the best chance would have been Gaborik but even there that was a pretty solid package. Usually in a quantity deal you end up with someone similar to mihalek. Pomminville who is a tier above mihalek was traded for prospects.

IMO that package lands you someone like vanek if the team is looking to trade him

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
  #3
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Your not going to get a true quality guy, the best chance would have been Gaborik but even there that was a pretty solid package. Usually in a quantity deal you end up with someone similar to mihalek. Pomminville who is a tier above mihalek was traded for prospects.

IMO that package lands you someone like vanek if the team is looking to trade him
A guy like Vanek is someone the Sens would be looking for. Is there someone similar that's not a UFA in a year and not in the same division?

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:41 PM
  #4
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 50
So we give up our first in a deep draft plus Puempel for the benefit of exchanging one top 6 forward for another? If we give up good prospects I would hope we actually add to our top 6 instead of making a lateral move. Exchanging a guy who is good for 25-30 goals for a new guy who is good for 25-35 goals is not worth Puempel and a 1st, IMO.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:42 PM
  #5
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Havlat is available..

Where's the papers, we will sign.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:49 PM
  #6
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
So we give up our first in a deep draft plus Puempel for the benefit of exchanging one top 6 forward for another? If we give up good prospects I would hope we actually add to our top 6 instead of making a lateral move. Exchanging a guy who is good for 25-30 goals for a new guy who is good for 25-35 goals is not worth Puempel and a 1st, IMO.
Depends who is coming back...

will change title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Havlat is available..

Where's the papers, we will sign.
naw

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:55 PM
  #7
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post

naw
Awww please? He has history in Ottawa. He has been resting all year and he is a playoff performer!

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:57 PM
  #8
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Awww please? He has history in Ottawa. He has been resting all year and he is a playoff performer!
wut he had no points in the playoffs

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:02 PM
  #9
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
A guy like Vanek is someone the Sens would be looking for. Is there someone similar that's not a UFA in a year and not in the same division?
Well vanek is a unique situation because buffalo already shipped out pomminville and might want to try a new core. Seeing how he's ufa soon they could either resign him or trade him now, which is why I immediately thought of vanek when I read this.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:11 PM
  #10
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 50
Vaneck would be an outstanding addition for the Sens.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:12 PM
  #11
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Vaneck would be an outstanding addition for the Sens.
Dunno if Buffalo would be interested in Michaleg though




WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:23 PM
  #12
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Dunno if Buffalo would be interested in Michaleg though



The point of adding a top 6 is to actually add one to the mix we have now. Vaneck and 9MM are both on the left side, which means we could switch out 9MM and plug Vaneck into the top line. That still begs the questions of who plays with Spezza on the right hand side, and why we are moving a 5 mill/season winger to the second line. That leaves making 9MM a part of the trade, which gives us a small margin of improvement offensively and a big loss on the defensive side for the price of two really good prospects, and we still end up in the end with the same number of legit top 6 forwards on our roster.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:41 PM
  #13
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
The point of adding a top 6 is to actually add one to the mix we have now. Vaneck and 9MM are both on the left side, which means we could switch out 9MM and plug Vaneck into the top line. That still begs the questions of who plays with Spezza on the right hand side, and why we are moving a 5 mill/season winger to the second line. That leaves making 9MM a part of the trade, which gives us a small margin of improvement offensively and a big loss on the defensive side for the price of two really good prospects, and we still end up in the end with the same number of legit top 6 forwards on our roster.
Whoosh
Vaneck and Michaleg



It's Vanek




I get your point, which is why I changed the title to (+Michalek). So now looking for who we can add with Puempel and 17th.

That being said, both Vanek and Michalek can play RW as well, so positions aren't an issue.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:45 PM
  #14
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Should edit to Puempel or Ceci. Let the other team have there pick. Ceci may hold more value.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:47 PM
  #15
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Havlat is available..

Where's the papers, we will sign.
Do you have a time machine? If so, we'd gladly deal you "2013 Havlat" for "2010 Cheechoo".

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:49 PM
  #16
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 7,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
A guy like Vanek is someone the Sens would be looking for. Is there someone similar that's not a UFA in a year and not in the same division?
Vanek will cost you a lot more. Other teams would be bidding.

The minimum price would be 2 young players + 1st. Also for Vanek at least one if not both will likely need to be a top 4 young player.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:50 PM
  #17
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,167
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Whoosh
Vaneck and Michaleg



It's Vanek




I get your point, which is why I changed the title to (+Michalek). So now looking for who we can add with Puempel and 17th.

That being said, both Vanek and Michalek can play RW as well, so positions aren't an issue.
I got it, and laughed to myself, and then typed a more serious response because Vaneck's name is bouncing around Ottawa trade rumours recently. I did not realize Vaneck could switch wings, I guess it is then a matter of whether he is effective on both sides.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:54 PM
  #18
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Vanek will cost you a lot more. Other teams would be bidding.

The minimum price would be 2 young players + 1st. Also for Vanek at least one if not both will likely need to be a top 4 young player.
DaCosta, Corey Cowick, and a 1st? Done.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
  #19
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
DaCosta, Corey Cowick, and a 1st? Done.
You son of a *****

I would like Greening and Ceci to be involved for sure.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:04 AM
  #20
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Greening is 27. Not that young lol.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:06 AM
  #21
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Greening is 27. Not that young lol.
I never said I would like "young" players, that was another Sabres poster. Greening plays on the edge, I like him - and he is still younger than Vanek.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:08 AM
  #22
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
I never said I would like "young" players, that was another Sabres poster. Greening plays on the edge, I like him - and he is still younger than Vanek.
Fair nuff. My mistake.

Greening is a really good player when he decides to use his size. Unfotunately it varies from game to game on which Greening will show up.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:08 AM
  #23
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Vanek will cost you a lot more. Other teams would be bidding.

The minimum price would be 2 young players + 1st. Also for Vanek at least one if not both will likely need to be a top 4 young player.
That's a lot for 1 year of Vanek. If he had more than a year left I would do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I got it, and laughed to myself, and then typed a more serious response because Vaneck's name is bouncing around Ottawa trade rumours recently. I did not realize Vaneck could switch wings, I guess it is then a matter of whether he is effective on both sides.
I'm not sure exactly how effective he is there as I don't watch every Buffalo game but pretty sure he spend a good amount of time at RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
You son of a *****

I would like Greening and Ceci to be involved for sure.
17th, Greening, Ceci.

Not sure about that. Again it's the 1 year left thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Greening is 27. Not that young lol.
shhh

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:10 AM
  #24
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Should edit to Puempel or Ceci. Let the other team have there pick. Ceci may hold more value.
Done, reluctantly. Because Ceci is to me like Noesen is to you

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:12 AM
  #25
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Done, reluctantly. Because Ceci is to me like Noesen is to you
Ahaha fair nuff. To be fair, I love Ceci too. I was the biggest advocate last draft for the Sens to take him. I just realize you have to give to get sometimes and we have some nice pieces defensively where we may be able to part with him.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.