HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

If NHL players were Star Wars Characters.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2013, 12:32 AM
  #1
Fin9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Smokey Town
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
If NHL players were Star Wars Characters.

I think Selänne would be Yoda becose hes so old and wise.

Big Buff would be Jabba The Hut becose hes so humongous big.

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:36 AM
  #2
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
I thought we had a couple more weeks before these threads

Greg02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:38 AM
  #3
ouendan1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
It's not the offseason yet, wait a few more weeks!!

ouendan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:38 AM
  #4
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Cleary would be Jarjar because he fails at everything he does and is incredibly annoying

Nyquist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:40 AM
  #5
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,011
vCash: 500
Come on guys. This isn't the Lounge. Moved...

__________________
Her love was a rose, pale and dying.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:41 AM
  #6
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,197
vCash: 938
Brent Burns = Chewbacca

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:42 AM
  #7
West Coast Bias*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 867
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
I thought we had a couple more weeks before these threads
You say that like there's a bad time for a "If NHL players were Star Wars Charachters." thread.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:42 AM
  #8
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,538
vCash: 500
Oh great. You...

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:44 AM
  #9
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 500
Nevermind

Nyquist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:47 AM
  #10
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Datsyuk is Obi-Wan Kenobi & Nyquist is his apprentice, Luke Skywalker.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
  #11
Deficient Mode
Put me on the field
 
Deficient Mode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Come on guys. This isn't the Lounge. Moved...
I knew it as soon as I saw who started the thread. lol.

Deficient Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
  #12
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,978
vCash: 500
Crosby is, unfortunately, Luke Skywalker because he's got magical powers
Ovechkin is Han Solo because he's got swag and bags dames like there's no tomorrow
Luongo is Princess Leia because he's moody as all hell
Patrick Kane is Darth Vader because he's a bad guy but everyone likes him the most anyway
C3PO and R2D2 are the Sedin twins for obvious reasons
Chara is Chewbacca for obvious reasons
Pronger is the Emperor because he's evil and dead
Selanne is Obi-Wan because he's old
Chelios is Yoda because he's even older
Kovalchuk is Boba Fett because he's awesome but took a contract that ended up biting him
Iginla is Lando Calrissian because he's black
Datsyuk is Tarkin because he plays for the Empire and has a triangular head
Forsberg is Wedge Antilles because he only shows up for brief moments and then leaves again
Karlsson is a Rebel on Hoth because he can't play defense
Burrows is the Sarlacc because of his ability to ingest things
Franzen is Bossk because he's hideous
Price is Uncle Owen because he gets burned
Burns is a Wampa
DiPietro is Arvel Cynyd
Thornton is Admiral Ozzel and Marleau is Captain Needa
Kesler is an Ewok struggling to hold on to a speeder bike
Stamkos is Greedo in the re-released version
Havlat is Porkins

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:03 AM
  #13
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Bias View Post
You say that like there's a bad time for a "If NHL players were Star Wars Charachters." thread.
Stanley cup final, game 7, overtime. But that doesn't matter because Vokoun is Yoda.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
  #14
Deficient Mode
Put me on the field
 
Deficient Mode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
Stanley cup final, game 7, overtime. But that doesn't matter because Vokoun is Yoda.
Who is Keith Ballard then?

Deficient Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:21 AM
  #15
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
handbanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deficient Mode View Post
Who is Keith Ballard then?
He's the reason Yoda is so short.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:30 AM
  #16
windflare
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbanana View Post
He's the reason Yoda is so short.
Almost spit out my coffee reading this.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 07:59 AM
  #17
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,959
vCash: 500
Sedins are the clone army.

I'm not sure which Jedi Datsyuk is, but he's definatly a Jedi.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 08:13 AM
  #18
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 72,069
vCash: 50
Although not a player, Bettman is Emperor Palpatine

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 09:02 AM
  #19
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Yoda = MSL

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  #20
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,011
vCash: 500
Crosby would def be Luke Skywalker.

__________________
tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 10:39 AM
  #21
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Crosby would def be Luke Skywalker.
Yea, he's the poster boy nobody really likes.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  #22
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,438
vCash: 500
err, no hockey in ze lounge?

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 03:14 PM
  #23
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Datsyuk is Obi-Wan Kenobi
... because when it came down to an elimination matchup, he disappeared in sudden death.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 03:28 PM
  #24
stevecanuck16
Registered User
 
stevecanuck16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Crosby is, unfortunately, Luke Skywalker because he's got magical powers
Ovechkin is Han Solo because he's got swag and bags dames like there's no tomorrow
Pronger is the Emperor because he's evil and dead

Chelios is Yoda because he's even older
Kovalchuk is Boba Fett because he's awesome but took a contract that ended up biting him
Iginla is Lando Calrissian because he's black
Agree with all. Crosby is so Luke Skywalker it isn't even funny.

I feel like Kunitz would be Wedge, in this scenario.

I'm also feeling Shanahan as Mace Windu, because a scene in my head of Shanny coming to suspend Chris Pronger and Pronger frying him with purple lightning is awesome.

Definitely Mario Lemieux as Vader. A former Jedi (player) who went to the dark side (ownership) but is ultimately revealed to be Skywalker's (Crosby's) father (mentor).

Which would then necessitate Gretzky as Obi Wan. How deep does this go?

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:03 PM
  #25
kentherat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Who's Jar Jar Binks?

kentherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.