HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

T6S's GM Game 1.0 - Team Draft Edition

Old
06-11-2013, 08:13 AM
SoulAssassin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
That fourth line makes me want to punch somebody, they're so annoying!
Hopefully its enough to through Produce Man's 6 Norris Trophy winners that he has on his blueline off their game. I swear he's the only one who could get that many superstars on a team and be under the 70.2 cap. Guys a fricking wizard in these games. Plus, he got Jonathan Quick in net. Talk about worst case Ontario.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Votes will be posted pretty soon. The closest series is 3 votes apart, so it's pretty much done.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:29 AM
HankTheTankYoLo

PROSPECT POOL

LW: Zucker, Ennis, Paajarvi, Bailey, Baertschi, Gaunce, Foligno
RW: Etem, Terδvδinen, Coyle, Morin, Zharkov, Armia
C: Kadri, Granlund, Hodgson, Pirri, Nelson, Kruger, Shaw, Grigorenko, Larsson, Girgensons
D: Del Zotto, Gardiner, Schultz, Lindholm, Barrie, Leddy, Erixon, Vatanen, Dumba, Brodin, Myers, Clendering, Psyks, McNabb
G: Gibson, Lehner, Hackett

Line up:

Zucker – Kadri – Etem
Ennis – Hodgson – Coyle
Bailey – Granlund – Baertschi
Paajarvi – Grigorenko – Morin
Gaunce – Pirri – Terδvδinen
Foligno – Nelson – Zharkov
Shaw – Kruger – Armia
Girgensons – Larsson

Del Zotto – Myers
Gardiner – Schultz
Leddy – Barrie
Brodin – Dumba
Lindholm – Erixon
McNabb – Vatanen
Psyks – Clendering

Gibson
Lehner
Hackett

VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE
VOTE

FOR THE KLLR

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
HankTheTankYoLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
and

FORWARDS
Sergei Kostitsyn ($3.000m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m) / Jussi Jokinen ($2.100m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.866m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m) /
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Craig Adams ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($2.300m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Hal Gill ($2.000m)
Robert Bortuzzo ($0.578m) / Douglas Murray ($2.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Chris Mason ($1.500m)

It's pretty easy to see we're not even close to a playoff team. I'll post our future line-up once the initial standings are done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
I see you're pulling a FRO and not posting your real roster.... thought we said we cant do that anymore?!

Who are FRO

And yeah, after that **** i got from all lol, thats lame

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
YOU are the one convincing/arguing for your team. You claim he's not a top line player yet you give nothing outside of Corsi, and attack me for not giving specifics. Again YOU are the one defending YOUR team. I was playing a bit of Devils advocate but since you've done nothing to back up your claim against Eberle, I'm going to continue to like him at that top like RW spot.
I gave you Corsi numbers and P/60 numbers. If you were looking for a short story, you'll be looking for a long time. If you were waiting for anecdotes about Eberle being a second liner, you'll be waiting for a long time. Maybe YOU should consider not worrying about how I value players in MY matchup?

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Round 1 results

(7) DEFEAT (0)
(7) DEFEAT (0)
(7) DEFEAT (0)
(5) DEFEEAT (2)

One vote was thrown out, for reasons I have discussed with said voter.

I will go ahead and post the polls, but in the meantime, KLLR voting time! Matchups will be posted in a second.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Only four teams rebuilt, so in the interest of time, let's just vote with those four.

vs.

vs.

Send me your votes! Once I get about 5, I'll post the results

Old
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Top 6 Spaling

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1445419

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1445421

Old
06-11-2013, 09:00 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*

KLLR vs Top 6 vs Produce vs CBK?

Holy. ****ing ****.

EDIT: Next round I will be posting about a Highlander match-up

Last edited by KesselLooksLikeRadar*: 06-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.
KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
LarKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Bias View Post
I gave you Corsi numbers and P/60 numbers. If you were looking for a short story, you'll be looking for a long time. If you were waiting for anecdotes about Eberle being a second liner, you'll be waiting for a long time. Maybe YOU should consider not worrying about how I value players in MY matchup?
You're right. How dare I look at your write-up info and try to be convinced on voting for your team.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:34 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Vote for me.

TOTAL PROSPECT POOL
C: RNH, JT Miller, Scheifele, Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Rask, Laughton, Leier, Monahan, Horvat, Petan, Kujawinski, Hayden, Faksa, Winther
LW: Boucher, Toffoli, Kreider, Lowry, Kuznetzov, Saad, Carrier, Nastasiuk, Guptill
RW: Jurco, Tatar, Klingberg, Pulkkinen, Holland, Bjorkstrand, Buchnevich, Ritchie, Chiasson, Stransky
D: Merrill, Muzzin, Smith, Ouellet, Trouba, Weircoch, Postma, Bogosian, Dekeyser, Pouliot, Morin, Zadarov, Subban, Morrissey, Theodore, Vanelli, Oleksiak, Dillon, Morrow,
G: Mrazek, Campbell

FUTURE DEPTH CHART

Toffoli / Nugent-Hopkins / Kuznetzov
Saad / Scheifele / Tatar
Lowry / Monahan / Jurco
Kreider / Horvat / Holland
Boucher / Rask / Klingberg
Pearson / Petan / Bjorkstrand
Carrier / Faksa / Ritchie

Pouliot / Trouba
Merrill / Morrissey
Zadarov / Dillon
Morrow / Muzzin
Oleksiak / Ouellet
Weircoch / Theodore

Mrazek / Campbell

This team is better than Fro's. Vote for it.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
SoulAssassin

Glad to see my votes were thrown out. Note from now on, no one is allowed to vote for the underdogs. Guess everyone expected Montreal to finish 2nd overall this year with the team they had right? Again, more ******** in the fantasy games. I discussed this at length on chatzy and no one wanted to admit to it but here we see it again. Would my votes have made a difference? no not at all!!!! But still, lets be absolute idiots about it.

Say whatever you want, come up with whatever reasoning you want, but if you're one of the originals or regulars you can do whatever you want and if you're not in the little circle jerk section of these games, you get crapped on.

The game was a great concept and had poor leadership. From the deal between the two GMs who had initially worked together through til the voting process, its all a bunch of crap.

There are some great guys that get involved, then there are some *******. Ive never sabotaged a game on this in my life, even though Ive been frustrated enough with the BS at times to want to. Keep playing your games, they'll just start getting fun now.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Alright SA, you call me out, and I'll do the same.

You voted the Kings #2 in the standings, after they rebuilt. Bizarre, but I let it slide and counted it. Then, the very next day, you pick the top 3 seeds to all get upset by team who every other GM who voted saw as better. One? Sure. Maybe even two. But picking all three right on the heels of putting a rebuilder as #2 overall is a big odd.

So, curious, I PMed you asking for your reasoning, and did not get a response. You were online and posting, but chose not to give your reasoning.

That is why I threw them out. It wasn't that you picked upsets, it was that you picked ALL upsets a day after ranking a rebuilder #2, then chose not to try to defend your choices. If you had PMed me back with some decent logic, I would have let it slide.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 06-11-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
From the deal between the two GMs who had initially worked together
The trade got vetoed and ****ed me out of 2 good players. Take your tinfoil hat and shove it up your ass, you *****.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:12 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

You voted the Kings #2 in the standings, after they rebuilt. Bizarre, but I let it slide and counted it. Then, the very next day, you pick the top 3 seeds to all get upset by team who every other GM who voted saw as better. One? Sure. Maybe even two. But picking all three right on the heels of putting a rebuilder as #2 overall is a big odd.

So, curious, I PMed you asking for your reasoning, and did not get a response. You were online and posting, but chose not to give your reasoning.

That is why I threw them out. It wasn't that you picked upsets, it was that you picked ALL upsets a day after ranking a rebuilder #2, then chose not to try to defend your choices. If you had PMed me back with some decent logic, I would have let it slide.
I got on the computer and the votes had already been posted. How long were you waiting to hear back? Not all of us are by a computer all day long! Fair enough?

I thought we were allowed to position whoever we wanted wherever we wanted? Why not just say from now on that you'll do the voting for us? That fair? I can put whoever I want in whatever position I want. The Oakland As put the biggest bunch of hacks together year in year out and still end up with a great record most years. But I guess strange things dont happen in sports right?! How about you make everyone PM you with their logic when they send in the votes? Are we suppose to vote? Or we suppose to rationalize them. You should be happy I voted since only half of the participants even bothers to take the time to do so. And even once eliminated Ill continue to vote, just like Ive done in every other game. The trouble is with participation, and considering I make sure to participate all the time Id say thats a good thing, no?!

Old
06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
LarKing

Putting a rebuilding team in second is shady as **** honestly. If that's not sabotage I'm really not sure what is.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:15 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Bias View Post
The trade got vetoed and ****ed me out of 2 good players. Take your tinfoil hat and shove it up your ass, you *****.
The trade should have been vetoed based on logistics of it. Good on you for trying it, the fact it initially went through was a miracle.

Maybe if you followed along with what I said, you'd realize the comment wasnt pointed at you but thats fine too. Take it out of context, should expect much less from someone confused enough to cheer for the San Jose Sharks.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Putting a rebuilding team in second is shady as **** honestly. If that's not sabotage I'm really not sure what is.
You're right DD, thats wrong and shady. I guess I should have just asked the rest of you how I should vote.

Or maybe I should have been a ****ing baby and cried like a little ***** when I didnt like the teams I got too right?

Old
06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I got on the computer and the votes had already been posted. How long were you waiting to hear back? Not all of us are by a computer all day long! Fair enough?

I thought we were allowed to position whoever we wanted wherever we wanted? Why not just say from now on that you'll do the voting for us? That fair? I can put whoever I want in whatever position I want. The Oakland As put the biggest bunch of hacks together year in year out and still end up with a great record most years. But I guess strange things dont happen in sports right?! How about you make everyone PM you with their logic when they send in the votes? Are we suppose to vote? Or we suppose to rationalize them. You should be happy I voted since only half of the participants even bothers to take the time to do so. And even once eliminated Ill continue to vote, just like Ive done in every other game. The trouble is with participation, and considering I make sure to participate all the time Id say thats a good thing, no?!
I PMed you early this morning and waited for a couple hours. I checked your profile and the green light was on, so I assumed you were online.

I am not telling you how to rank teams. Your votes were unconventional, and that's ok. What I'm questioning is that you put a rebuilder at #2 in the league, along with yourself as #1 (a lot of people do that, so it's normal, but still). That person literally tried to make their team suck and you ranked them higher than the most stacked teams I have ever seen in these games. Bizarre.

While I don't disagree upsets can happen, this game is, in fact, played on paper. The whole point is to rank the top rosters, and again, its fine if your opinions are against the grain, but I couldn't ignore three upsets out of four against the top three teams on the heels of ranking a rebuilder 2nd.

I apologize if you think that's unfair, and as you say, it wouldnt have mattered. I simply called it the way I saw it.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:20 PM
LarKing

Quote:
You're right DD, thats wrong and shady. I guess I should have just asked the rest of you how I should vote.

Or maybe I should have been a ****ing baby and cried like a little ***** when I didnt like the teams I got too right?
Voting for a team that isn't trying to contend and is clearly worse than almost every other team in this game is ****ing stupid. Try to spin it however you want, it is.

Wanna show me where I whined? I did not like the teams I was auto'd, that's why I gave them away to somebody who wanted them more than I did. Shame on me for giving Pig a spot in the game, and helping out LT when he wasn't able to be on.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:22 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
Quote:

I was wondering how I had so many points. Weird.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:23 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
I PMed you early this morning and waited for a couple hours. I checked your profile and the green light was on, so I assumed you were online.

I am not telling you how to rank teams. Your votes were unconventional, and that's ok. What I'm questioning is that you put a rebuilder at #2 in the league, along with yourself as #1 (a lot of people do that, so it's normal, but still). That person literally tried to make their team suck and you ranked them higher than the most stacked teams I have ever seen in these games. Bizarre.

While I don't disagree upsets can happen, this game is, in fact, played on paper. The whole point is to rank the top rosters, and again, its fine if your opinions are against the grain, but I couldn't ignore three upsets out of four against the top three teams on the heels of ranking a rebuilder 2nd.

I apologize if you think that's unfair, and as you say, it wouldnt have mattered. I simply called it the way I saw it.
Its your game man, you ultimately have final decision.

But when people are asked to put their opinions and everything else out there, it should be exactly that, THEIRS. I was looking through one of the recent drafts and the beloved lillina selected NIKITA ZADOROV first overall. People were going absolutely nuts, ripping on her, right or wrong. Fact of the matter is, its her choice, her opinion and her ultimate decision. Most said how could it not be SETH JONES, who was then bypassed at #2 and #3. So again, its their opinion that she was stupid and maybe theyre right. But every year the same thing happens in the draft and in the standings and everywhere else. Surprises, upsets, the unthinkable. Kings walking through the playoffs as an 8th seed, Montreal finishing 2nd this year, Philadelphia sucking as much as they did, Jay Feaster making the trades he does and so on. Sports isnt a perfect science. Players values on paper may be completely different between you and I.

Again, your game, put whatever spin you want on it. Like I said, the regulars have a "clique" and that doesnt seem to change. I participate every game start to finish, I vote every game start to finish. Thats a lot more then most can say.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Its your game man, you ultimately have final decision.

But when people are asked to put their opinions and everything else out there, it should be exactly that, THEIRS. I was looking through one of the recent drafts and the beloved lillina selected NIKITA ZADOROV first overall. People were going absolutely nuts, ripping on her, right or wrong. Fact of the matter is, its her choice, her opinion and her ultimate decision. Most said how could it not be SETH JONES, who was then bypassed at #2 and #3. So again, its their opinion that she was stupid and maybe theyre right. But every year the same thing happens in the draft and in the standings and everywhere else. Surprises, upsets, the unthinkable. Kings walking through the playoffs as an 8th seed, Montreal finishing 2nd this year, Philadelphia sucking as much as they did, Jay Feaster making the trades he does and so on. Sports isnt a perfect science. Players values on paper may be completely different between you and I.

Again, your game, put whatever spin you want on it. Like I said, the regulars have a "clique" and that doesnt seem to change. I participate every game start to finish, I vote every game start to finish. Thats a lot more then most can say.
I appreciate your activity, and I'm sorry you feel like this is fixed or something, but you still have given 0 evidence as to why you put a rebuilder as the two seed. Frankly, that reeks of trying to take points from other teams to ensure a better seed for yourself.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Voting for a team that isn't trying to contend and is clearly worse than almost every other team in this game is ****ing stupid. Try to spin it however you want, it is.

Wanna show me where I whined? I did not like the teams I was auto'd, that's why I gave them away to somebody who wanted them more than I did. Shame on me for giving Pig a spot in the game, and helping out LT when he wasn't able to be on.
You're right, you didnt whine, you just quit. PIG could have had a spot helping LT, no?! Thats your choice but I guarantee you dont quit if you would have been here to pick and had better teams. I guess it makes you the Eric Lindros of this fantasy game, just hold out because you dont like the hand you were dealt.

Its cool man, I dont think you're a bad guy, I enjoy your presence in the games/chatzy. You call them as you see them, Ill do the same.

Old
06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
I appreciate your activity, and I'm sorry you feel like this is fixed or something, but you still have given 0 evidence as to why you put a rebuilder as the two seeds. Frankly, that reeks of trying to take points from other teams to ensure a better seed for yourself.
Similar to when a couple guys a few games ago teamed up in a joint effort to play each other in the WCF's and campaigned to vote for their two teams?! Lots of things reek in this game. Asssume I move LA to the bottom, I still finish 6th man, again where's the difference?

I remember back to putting a Carolina and Columbus team together in two consecutive games. LT said the one time he would have never known it was Columbus had he not looked. Produce sent me a message both games saying great job building them into contenders, both times I missed the playoffs for teams that were inactive. So whats the logic behind that? No one was questioned, nothing was said because people were voting based on the teams they like in real life, etc. Again, if you want my logic, get everyone elses logic too... As it is you didnt accept my votes anyways so its a moot point. This upcoming round Ill make sure to send you my logic on all the teams I voted for cool?