HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Old
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Would the Habs benefit from a Heavyweight enforcer? Part 3

Continue here.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I think it would be worth it to add one just for wednesday against Boston.

I have a fear the Bruins are going to come after Tinordi like they did with Komisarek.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Just rented "The Last Gladiators" for tonight! Pretty pumped for it. Should widen my prospective on this topic!

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

I have a fear the Bruins are going to come after Tinordi like they did with Komisarek.
Especially with Prust and White out + Moen being a softie now.

And for those who are saying Bordeleau is a waste of roster spot. Well, he skates pretty fast for a big guy, and he has enough skills to be able to take a regular shift on a fourth line. He's no Laraque.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
And for those who are saying Bordeleau is a waste of roster spot. Well, he skates pretty fast for a big guy, and he has enough skills to be able to take a regular shift on a fourth line.
Is this theoretically, considering that he's only played more than 8 minutes in an NHL game once in his life?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Lets hope Tinordi has an above 70 IQ and doesn't decide to drop them with Lucic like Komi did.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Is this theoretically, considering that he's only played more than 8 minutes in an NHL game once in his life?
Watch some Av's game. You will understand.

I don't mind having a good Enforcer that can play a solid 8-10 minutes a night, and if you need to, you double shift another guy. Is that too difficult to understand?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Lets hope Tinordi has an above 70 IQ and doesn't decide to drop them with Lucic like Komi did.
Lucic and or the majority on the Bruins don't care about the intigator rules. They don't care about taking that extra 2 minutes if it needs to be.

See Chara on Emelin. Sometime our players don't "decide" to drop them, they are forced to.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Watch some Av's game. You will understand.

I don't mind having a good Enforcer that can play a solid 8-10 minutes a night, and if you need to, you double shift another guy. Is that too difficult to understand?
So why don't Colorado trust Bordelau to play a solid 8 - 10 minutes a night?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
So why don't Colorado trust Bordelau to play a solid 8 - 10 minutes a night?
Ryan White: 1 goal, 0 assist, 40 hits. Don't drop the gloves anymore.

Patrick Bordeleau: 0 goal, 2 assists, 61 hits. Drop them with any heavyweight and he's faster than White.

Don't tell me you would prefer Ryan White!

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

What good does an enforcer playing 5 minutes a game is, when you compare to one who can play 10-12 minutes at least?

Unless one likes stage fights, that enforcer needs to be in the ice when things happen in order to be efficient. Prust is an excellent example.

So forget the John Scott, Patrick Bordeleau or George Parros of this world and look at players who will be on the ice more often than not, guys who won't hurt the team when playing more minutes.

I had made a list a while ago and that's where I'd start my shopping personally.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
What good does an enforcer playing 5 minutes a game is, when you compare to one who can play 10-12 minutes at least?

Unless one likes stage fights, that enforcer needs to be in the ice when things happen in order to be efficient. Prust is an excellent example.

So forget the John Scott, Patrick Bordeleau or George Parros of this world and look at players who will be on the ice more often than not, guys who won't hurt the team when playing more minutes.

I had made a list a while ago and that's where I'd start my shopping personally.
White has no ****ing business in playing 10 minutes a night. He can barely follow the pace of the game. And then, why there's a majority of teams that have a enforcer in their lineup? You're gonna tell me that those teams are all clueless?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
White has no ****ing business in playing 10 minutes a night. He can barely follow the pace of the game. And then, why there's a majority of teams that have a enforcer in their lineup? You're gonna tell me that those teams are all clueless?
Hanni, I think you know that I'm on your side when it comes to the need for tough guys. Having said that, read the article I linked. Therrien likes/wants to rotate four lines so this is a reality faced in Montreal and seeing their record, one would be hardpressed to say that it's not working.

By all means bring someone heavier than Prust to help him, but don't bring someone who won't be on the ice when something happens. That's exactly why I had created that list, to go along what Therrien seems to like to do. I really don't see a Scott, a Bordeleau or a Parros playing like Therrien likes everyone else to play, at least 10 minutes. I do see many others though...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Et le But

If we are trading for a grinder from Colorado, it should probably be McLeod.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What if Tinordi hits someone, and Lucic just comes after him? You want him to turtle?

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Hanni, I think you know that I'm on your side when it comes to the need for tough guys. Having said that, read the article I linked. Therrien likes/wants to rotate four lines so this is a reality faced in Montreal and seeing their record, one would be hardpressed to say that it's not working.

By all means bring someone heavier than Prust to help him, but don't bring someone who won't be on the ice when something happens. That's exactly why I had created that list, to go along what Therrien seems to like to do. I really don't see a Scott, a Bordeleau or a Parros playing like Therrien likes everyone else to play, at least 10 minutes. I do see many others though...
Therrien loves to rotate fourth line, but every team he coached, he had 1 enforcer on it. He loves those enforcer. It's not about being on the ice while something happens, because even Prust can't be on the ice everytime something happens, BUT, it's about sending a message that if you do something, you will have to pay the price for it. It keeps the opposition in-check.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:

Yeah, a guy like McLeod would be a good addition both physically and also in terms of talent by being better than White and more willing than Moen.

I've also been a fan of Martin but I doubt the Isles have any plans of letting him leave.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:38 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Especially with Prust and White out + Moen being a softie now.

And for those who are saying Bordeleau is a waste of roster spot. Well, he skates pretty fast for a big guy, and he has enough skills to be able to take a regular shift on a fourth line. He's no Laraque.
5:17 TOI/G and that's on a bad team like the Avs...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Ryan White: 1 goal, 0 assist, 40 hits. Don't drop the gloves anymore.

Patrick Bordeleau: 0 goal, 2 assists, 61 hits. Drop them with any heavyweight and he's faster than White.

Don't tell me you would prefer Ryan White!
Not really an answer. People keep telling me to watch the Avs to see Bordelau - not really going to, bit worried about the number of Habs fans who seem to be avidly keeping up with Colorado games just for their five minute glimpse of Bordelau tbh. So, in fairness, no I haven't seen much of him. But when people say that he can play ten minutes on a fourth line, the obvious question is 'why isn't he then?'. It's not like Colorado are actually much good, but he's still getting five minutes ice time.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
5:17 TOI/G and that's on a bad team like the Avs...
That's the Avs. They're playing only with 3 lines. Even with that, he has even/better stats than Ryan White with more hits and fights.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Not really an answer. People keep telling me to watch the Avs to see Bordelau - not really going to, bit worried about the number of Habs fans who seem to be avidly keeping up with Colorado games just for their five minute glimpse of Bordelau tbh. So, in fairness, no I haven't seen much of him. But when people say that he can play ten minutes on a fourth line, the obvious question is 'why isn't he then?'. It's not like Colorado are actually much good, but he's still getting five minutes ice time.
He has even/better stats than Ryan White. Got that?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Hugo Sham

i still have a hard time believing Bergevin is going to go into Boston after what happened last game with only moen in the lineup

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
That's the Avs. They're playing only with 3 lines. Even with that, he has even/better stats than Ryan White with more hits and fights.
even if he's THAT good ? they only play him 5 min a game ?

come on now, it's the awesome Bordeleau we're talking about here, no way they play such a great player only 5 minutes a game, no way

Old
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:
If they are playing 3 lines it says something about their 4th line. And even then, Bordeleau has by far the lowest average TOI on that team.

He's also only put out there against other 4th liners. White, like the rest of our 4th line, is often forced to weather the storm for a shift against greater competition.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
He has even/better stats than Ryan White. Got that?
stats... yeah, let's talk about offensive prodution when both White and Bordeleau combine for a grand total of 3 pts...