HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
youngblood10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Would have liked to have Burkakovsky however I have moved on to look at what
Windsor projects right now prior to any deals for O/A and non O/A players at the forward
position
Assuming and including both Euros,my gut feeling is that both will be here not just 1

forwards

Rychel-HoSang-Yazkov
De La Rose-Vail-Marchese
Giftopoulous-Moore-Hughes
Verbeek-Bilcke-Graham

others- Luchuk-Foss-Hudie
Leslie-Kenney-Marlatt

Def
Murphy-Seiloff
Ebert-Brown
Koekkoek-Bateman

others
Sanvido-Murray
Bowen- Burns
Baughman-Kotsovos
Markovic-Morrison

Goal
Dekort
Kuchmey

other
Johnston
Billing

Not a bad start,but I would add these 2 players
Steve Janes O/a from Owen Sd and LW S.Harper from Erie
I would move a 2nd rder for Janes and Bateman or Brown pref Bateman to Erie
for Harper,toss in Bowen to Erie along with Graham instead of Brown

The lines would like this
Rychel-Hosang-Yazkov
Janes-De La Rose-Gifto
Marchese-Vail-Harper
Verbeek-Moore-Hughes

sp-Bilcke-Foss

T he De La Rose line would be huge with DLR the small guy at 6"3 190,a line that can
score and hit
Also these moves leaves room for 1 more O/A, at forward or even goal if necc
Thoughts anyone
In my view a lineup like this would be very competetive,with to me reasonable price tags
I like your target OA's HL. Sanvido I feel should play a bigger role this season. It's a long season and there is a lot of ice time to go around with guys having to plug holes so he'll get his chance. But it should make for a good camp.

Old
07-04-2013, 05:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
I like your target OA's HL. Sanvido I feel should play a bigger role this season. It's a long season and there is a lot of ice time to go around with guys having to plug holes so he'll get his chance. But it should make for a good camp.
I should have mentioned that Harper is not an O/A he is only a 95,did not mean to confuse,just Janes is an O/A

Old
07-04-2013, 05:56 PM
johnnydrum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFqSYiktrE

Sorry if its already been posted, but heres some wonderful JDLR clips.
Check out his silky skating at 3:16...poor Grigorenko going dizzy!

Old
07-04-2013, 06:16 PM
RayzorIsDull

No Ho-Sang on the under 18 selection camp roster. Hopefully it's this stuff that sends him a message.

Old
07-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...eve-de-windsor

From Habs development camp: DLR wants to come to Windsor THIS year. Calls it a good organization. He would love it. Feels it would be best for his development. Says it's a longtime dream of his to play in the CHL. Also seems fearful he won't play much with Leksands joining the SHL.

But there are issues...he's trying to get special permission to get out of his contract with Leksands.

(Yes, french article, run it in google translate...)

Old
07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
OHLTG

English version:

BROSSARD | Jacob De La Rose and Sebastian Collberg each have learned the basics of hockey in their native Sweden, but they do not have the same vision of the path to follow to reach the NHL.

The Canadiens did not immediately open the doors of his locker to his two second-round pick. Patience remains the watchword with two strikers.

"I have another year to my contract with Frolunda in Sweden, I do not feel the urgency to immediately cross the Atlantic, said Collberg, second round pick (33th overall) of the CH in 2012, in Pittsburgh. I do not want to go too fast for America, I will possibly after next season. "

La Rose, a large center 6 ft. 2 in., heard his name from the 34th level at the draft in Newark, two rows before the goalkeeper Zachary Fucale. Unlike his compatriot, he would jump on the first flight to North America.

"If I can get to be released by my team in Leksand, I will not hesitate to come and play in Windsor next year, acknowledged De La Rose. It is a bit tricky as there is still a season my contract in Sweden, but I will try to get special permission to break my agreement. I'd really like to continue my learning in the Ontario Hockey League. "

Windsor Spitfires claimed De La Rose in the first round (11th overall) in the draft European players from the Canadian Hockey League.

"The Spitfires have a good organization and I look forward to discover the style of play we practice in Canada, he said. I'm not afraid of contact. In addition, I would realize a childhood dream if I could come and play my junior hockey for a Canadian team. I think it would be the best option. "

La Rose has 12 points (6 goals, 6 assists) in 38 games with Leksand, a second division team in Sweden. In 2013-2014, Leksand will end up in the first division.

"We were promoted to the big league, but there is also a risk, since I could find myself with a minor role," he warned.

Young men against

Young Swedes face a major dilemma. In Sweden, they have the opportunity to compete against much older players, but they also have a more limited time Thurs For some, they will learn more quickly, rubbing his more experienced players.

Collberg, 19, has not yet reached its cruising speed Frolunda. Confined to a role in a less offensive trio, he has collected nine points (6 goals, 3 assists) in 35 games. Internationally, he was a key player in winning the silver medal for Sweden at the World Junior in Ufa, Russia, with six points (4 goals, 2 assists) in six games.

"There will be a new coach this year Frolunda and I know he wants to give more room for the young players on the team, said the right winger 5 feet 11 inches and 181 lbs. I have not had a great season last year and I aim to produce a lot more this season Frolunda. It is not always easy to get a good ice time when you play with men, but I was told that the situation will change this winter. "

At season's end, Collberg also played two games with the Hamilton Bulldogs. He was recovering from a concussion when he made his debut in the American League.

"It was a good experience for me, he said. I quickly realized that the style of play was different compared to Europe. "

Collberg and De La Rose may not play on the same continent next season, but they will most likely find the colors of the national team at the World Junior Championships to be held in Malmo, Sweden.

Old
07-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that he had a deal with Windsor. What benefit does Erie bring that Windsor doesn't? I bet Hunter has a hand in this
Or it was done to spite Rychel. Did WR bully/screw over Erie in a deal over the years?

I've heard that this could partially be the case. Warren just doesn't have many/any friends around the league.

Old
07-04-2013, 06:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Or it was done to spite Rychel. Did WR bully/screw over Erie in a deal over the years?

I've heard that this could partially be the case. Warren just doesn't have many/any friends around the league.
No not a deal that I can recall,but I do know he during the playoffs he would not allow
Sherry Bassin park at the back of the WFCU,which meant the 73 year old had to walk
despite bad hips from quite a distance
I know the Otters were not impressed,and I dont think the Spits were happy with
the coaching room conditions in Erie during said playoffs which led to the retaliation re Bassin

Old
07-04-2013, 06:53 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

That's fine but Bassin is a dinosaur and has been GM of a team that hasn't been relevant for a decade. Tim Connolly, Carlo Colaiacovo, Cory Pecker, Scott Rozendal, TJ Aceti aren't walking through those doors any time soon. He can talk about having uber wet dream prospect Connor McDavid and that's terrific but my response to Bassin would be his ineptitude led to landing McDavid and as GM I could probably put Brady Vail in net to stop pucks and think it's great if I can get the next great 15 year old. Bassin needs to be put out to pasture.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:19 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Maybe Washington likes the player development going on in Erie better than Windsor.
Or the Caps would rather he play top line minutes on Erie instead of 2nd or 3 rd line duty in Windsor. His minutes would be at least double playing with CMDav instead of opening the gate all night for Kerby.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Or the Caps would rather he play top line minutes on Erie instead of 2nd or 3 rd line duty in Windsor. His minutes would be at least double playing with CMDav instead of opening the gate all night for Kerby.
Yeah because Koko and Aleardi were hurting for ice time last year.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 07-04-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old
07-04-2013, 07:29 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Would have liked to have Burkakovsky however I have moved on to look at what
Windsor projects right now prior to any deals for O/A and non O/A players at the forward
position
Assuming and including both Euros,my gut feeling is that both will be here not just 1

forwards

Rychel-HoSang-Yazkov
De La Rose-Vail-Marchese
Giftopoulous-Moore-Hughes
Verbeek-Bilcke-Graham

others- Luchuk-Foss-Hudie
Leslie-Kenney-Marlatt

Def
Murphy-Seiloff
Ebert-Brown
Koekkoek-Bateman

others
Sanvido-Murray
Bowen- Burns
Baughman-Kotsovos
Markovic-Morrison

Goal
Dekort
Kuchmey

other
Johnston
Billing

Not a bad start,but I would add these 2 players
Steve Janes O/a from Owen Sd and LW S.Harper from Erie
I would move a 2nd rder for Janes and Bateman or Brown pref Bateman to Erie
for Harper,toss in Bowen to Erie along with Graham instead of Brown

The lines would like this
Rychel-Hosang-Yazkov
Janes-De La Rose-Gifto
Marchese-Vail-Harper
Verbeek-Moore-Hughes

sp-Bilcke-Foss

T he De La Rose line would be huge with DLR the small guy at 6"3 190,a line that can
score and hit
Also these moves leaves room for 1 more O/A, at forward or even goal if necc
Thoughts anyone
In my view a lineup like this would be very competetive,with to me reasonable price tags
legend.....

Who is Foss? Not a name I've seen before....

Old
07-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
legend.....

Who is Foss? Not a name I've seen before....
Free agent winger Ryan Foss. Was as the prospect camp in June and looked decent.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:35 PM
OHLTG

Ryan Foss. He was in the mini-camp this year.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Ottomatic

David Branch's son is the new GM of the Kitchener Rangers.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:58 PM
OHLTG

Hahaha, this could be fun.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Nyax

Quote:
So I guess the 2017 Mem Cup hosting gig will go to Kitchener.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Hahaha, this could be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax View Post
So I guess the 2017 Mem Cup hosting gig will go to Kitchener.
Nevermind, it seemed like a prediction tweet by Sunaya rather than what had happened. Barclay Branch is currently director of player personnel for the Belleville Bulls IIRC.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:59 PM
jughead42

I'm loving the de la rose pick. Captain of U18 Sweden, and from what I've seen at the world juniors and in videos online he is going to do well in the OHL. He's got half decent size, but he gets up to speed pretty quick and goes to the net hard. He is great on the forecheck and backcheck, he doesn't take shortcuts or the easy way out. He wants to be here, I'm pretty excited about the pick. Warren will take care of the contract stuff.

This russian kid sound pretty sweet too, screw that other Swede on Erie. He's probably going to get mugged outside the Toolio for a handful of pocket change and a couple lint covered swedish fish before he ever gets to do much for them anyway. I know it's not his fault or anything, but I'm putting a concussion whammy hex on him, just on principal.

I felt a built guilty about Bassin hoofing it to the arena until I realized he was too stupid to have somebody drop him off and park for him like my mom does when she goes to games because she can't walk well. As if none of the otters have a license, as if Bassin doesn't have a handicap permit anyway, as if he couldn't just get to the arena early, as if he couldn't pretend he's picking up his daughter from figure skating and park in the community lot. No sympathy for that guy, stupid is as stupid does, as someone stupid once said.

Old
07-05-2013, 12:14 AM
OHLTG

Why does De La Rosa keep sounding more and more like Kuhnhackl? Am I even remotely close on that?

Old
07-05-2013, 08:05 AM
bobber

Quote:
Joking right? There has been no decision in Kitchener. Bienkowski is on holidays.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Crottenham

Josh Ho Sang not named to the U18 camp for the Ivan Hlinka tournament......interesting.

Old
07-05-2013, 09:50 AM
youngblood10

De la Rose's game does look to be a pro style one that should do well in the O. Hopefully, it works out and he is here for this up coming season. Nice that he wants to come to Windsor. It does make sense for him all things given.

Yazkov being in the States should make for a quick transition to life in the NA. I'm just going to type cast him as a speedy, skilled player like most russsian born players who come over are. Something the Spits didn't have much of at the start of last season. Again it's good to see he wants to play in Windsor.

I like what the Spits did in the import draft this season. I think both players will be in Windsor eventually. Better than last years debacle, when one import spot cost them an import draft pick, 3 cards and a Czinder block, to end up with a player that they started with before the draft. So ya, this years went much better.

Have some of you folks gone nuts about Erie drafting that kid. This is big business and it's a draft. I do think McDavid will be traded to London before the end of the year though. For a fringe player, two 2nd round picks in 2017,2019 and an unannounced amount of cash to balance the books. (ala Watson deal) Heard it here first.

Old
07-05-2013, 10:23 AM
HockeyCanadagold
Rookie User

JDLR is reported in french media from Montreal mini camp to be standing out as a top player.Looking better than last 2 years worth of draft picks. Says he is top skater on ice and hitting everything. I think Windsor got a steal. Hope the kid shows up. Rychel needs a pro centre with him.

Old
07-05-2013, 10:26 AM
aresknights

Now that's a bargain basement price for the MCNext One
Can't see it

Closed Thread