HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

ECF - Pens vs. Bruins Game 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-02-2013, 11:00 PM
  #1
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
ECF - Pens vs. Bruins Game 2

Leh goooo Pens!!!!

ColePens is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:03 PM
  #2
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
leafspensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
"See I think it would help Morrow. When Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis was a line it was absolutely incredible. Dupuis's speed actually hid the fact that Morrow has none. It was the perfect combination of speed, grit, and scoring. Bennett isn't quite as fast, but Morrow had good chemistry with him as well" Quoting Waffle Fries
That might be true, but maybe that was because Dupuis is the most responsible defensively out of those 3 and can carry the line, the line I proposed might not be, but we haven't seen enough of Bennett to know that.

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:14 PM
  #3
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,560
vCash: 500
The Pens should pretty much do what they did game one.

They outplayed the Bruins most of the game and nine games out of ten they win playing as they did.

As for the line combinations, may as well not worry about it as Bylsma will never do what we want him to. I think given yesterday's game that the Pens can win despite Bylsma.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:22 PM
  #4
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
We want Jo-ey V! We want Jo-ey V!

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:31 PM
  #5
masterful tacotron
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
When they're in the offensive zone, park a guy (or two) in front of the net and take shots from the circles. That's all they need to do.

They've got a bunch of guys that are capable of doing this effectively (kunitz, morrow, adams, cooke, (maybe) sutter and (possibly) neal), the penguins just don't like playing garbage goal hockey but sometimes that's what you've got to do. They just need to get their sticks down and get ready for a spinal pounding from all the crosschecks.

masterful tacotron is offline  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  #6
gillesgilbert
Registered User
 
gillesgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
The Pens should pretty much do what they did game one.

They outplayed the Bruins most of the game and nine games out of ten they win playing as they did.

As for the line combinations, may as well not worry about it as Bylsma will never do what we want him to. I think given yesterday's game that the Pens can win despite Bylsma.
There were some ugly turnovers in the neutral zone and terrible defensive zone coverage by the Pens in game 1.I think we will see an improvement in that area.

gillesgilbert is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:36 PM
  #7
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
That might be true, but maybe that was because Dupuis is the most responsible defensively out of those 3 and can carry the line, the line I proposed might not be, but we haven't seen enough of Bennett to know that.
Maybe. I think that's exactly what we need though; someone in the bottom six who can carry a line on their own.

Waffle Fries is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:36 PM
  #8
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
The Pens should pretty much do what they did game one.

They outplayed the Bruins most of the game and nine games out of ten they win playing as they did.

As for the line combinations, may as well not worry about it as Bylsma will never do what we want him to. I think given yesterday's game that the Pens can win despite Bylsma.
We are going to keep preaching it... and it's going to keep falling on deaf ears.

I think the team that can beat itself is the Pens if they stay frustrated. I can't imagine Sid would even remotely play as bad as he did in Game 1. But if they get frustrated, it's on them.

IF they play like they did for 45 minutes, they should take this one. But this is a must-win game. They NEED to shut down Boston and win this game. Then I'm comfortable going back and needing to steal one.

I really hope by the end of tomorrow night I can say "We told you so..."

ColePens is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
  #9
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
We are going to keep preaching it... and it's going to keep falling on deaf ears.

I think the team that can beat itself is the Pens if they stay frustrated. I can't imagine Sid would even remotely play as bad as he did in Game 1. But if they get frustrated, it's on them.

IF they play like they did for 45 minutes, they should take this one. But this is a must-win game. They NEED to shut down Boston and win this game. Then I'm comfortable going back and needing to steal one.

I really hope by the end of tomorrow night I can say "We told you so..."
I have a feeling you'll be able to. There is a group of extremely motivated guys in that locker room. I have full confidence in this team.

Waffle Fries is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:45 PM
  #10
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I have a feeling you'll be able to. There is a group of extremely motivated guys in that locker room. I have full confidence in this team.
I want to have that confidence, but the last couple years have made me question it. I was really shocked at how bad of a game Sid played. He had rest and everything and he had mental errors I've never see him make before. It was really strange because before the game he looked more focused than ever.

But I'm in it for the long haul. Even if they get down 3-1, I don't believe it's over. This team is deep. Much like Chicago/Detroit, I feel this team could do it. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until it's over.

ColePens is online now  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:47 PM
  #11
bambamcam4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
For any of the bridge jumpers, the Devils lost last year's ECF game 1 3-0 and won in 6.

bambamcam4ever is offline  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:54 PM
  #12
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
leafspensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Maybe. I think that's exactly what we need though; someone in the bottom six who can carry a line on their own.
Its exactly what we need, and we have the depth to do so, its all up to Bylsma to recognize it. Guess we'll see at the morning skate.

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
06-02-2013, 11:59 PM
  #13
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 15,444
vCash: 500
tomorrow is def a must win

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 12:15 AM
  #14
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
For any of the bridge jumpers, the Devils lost last year's ECF game 1 3-0 and won in 6.
They lost in the finals too. You're not helping!!!!!

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 12:22 AM
  #15
HotCoffey
Registered User
 
HotCoffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Park Iginla where he's supposed to be. In front of the net on the PP. Do the same thing with Kunitz on the second. Crash the net like it's your job. Rask will buckle.

HotCoffey is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 01:17 AM
  #16
Slabber Chops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCoffey View Post
Park Iginla where he's supposed to be. In front of the net on the PP. Do the same thing with Kunitz on the second. Crash the net like it's your job. Rask will buckle.
I've got another plan. Do what they did to Nabokov. Park Iginla in the left circle firing one-timers at Rask's noggin. Do it early in games 2, 3, 4, & 5 and we're onto a winner

Slabber Chops is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 02:14 AM
  #17
madinsomniac
Registered User
 
madinsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Ive got a great plan... play the first two periods the same way as game one... put their chances in the net instead of off of crossbars and wide, dont let a trickle in goal give the bruins a lead, and win...

madinsomniac is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 02:16 AM
  #18
Slabber Chops
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
Ive got a great plan... play the first two periods the same way as game one... put their chances in the net instead of off of crossbars and wide, dont let a trickle in goal give the bruins a lead, and win...
Mate, how many posts did they hit in game one? 5? 6? Seems like half of their shots were off the post (or high and wide)

Slabber Chops is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 04:50 AM
  #19
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 67,021
vCash: 50
Win please. 0-2 would be terrible.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 05:13 AM
  #20
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I want to have that confidence, but the last couple years have made me question it. I was really shocked at how bad of a game Sid played. He had rest and everything and he had mental errors I've never see him make before. It was really strange because before the game he looked more focused than ever.

But I'm in it for the long haul. Even if they get down 3-1, I don't believe it's over. This team is deep. Much like Chicago/Detroit, I feel this team could do it. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until it's over.
Sid will be fine. I'm sure someone like Iginla, who he really respects, talked to him. I expect him to have a big game tonight. He always bounces back well.

Waffle Fries is online now  
Old
06-03-2013, 05:24 AM
  #21
smetana
Registered User
 
smetana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA I.1
Country: United States
Posts: 1,459
vCash: 500
My biggest gripe in game 1 was that we were getting some rebounds off of Rask's pads, but our forwards refused to get in good position to jump on them. Too many guys buzzing by the net, nobody digging in, and those rebounds were harmless as a result.

Keep up the effort from Game 1, hope for a better Sid, and let's go to work! LGP!

smetana is offline  
Old
06-03-2013, 07:46 AM
  #22
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 31,891
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
GDT is up

ColePens is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.