HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 1 - The one that we got zero

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmxHockey View Post
Obviously the Pens dominated offensively in the first and the game plan didn't change. CJ did and it paid off. So minus for Bylsma.

Niskanen and Letang horrifically out of position.

Eaton needs to make that clear.
-Crosby you're the captain, lead.

+Rask and their defensive sticks.
+Malkin
+Neal
+Orpik
+PK
+Murray
+Vokoun was solid. None of those goals were his fault.
Martin needs to let Vokoun see it & play it. Second goal was awkward, I know Letang was trying to help..
Third goal-no defense

So despite what happened Vokoun saw the puck very well. No defense. Our defense needs to take a page out Boston's.
Vokoun was fine.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:03 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Well at least I am not alone. Byslma has this strange fear of playing Iginla.
No, he'll play Iginla. He has a strange fear of using Iginla properly.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:03 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Vokoun was fine.
I think that's what he was trying to say?

Old
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Waffle Fries

Here's the thing. Sid started the game absolutely flying and looking great, and then lost his mind. I'm not going to be mad about it, because I grant him one bad game lol, but I hope he calms down.

The other day Dan said that Iggy was a calming presence for Malkin and Neal... well maybe Sid needs that a little more.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM
fate

watching the postgame on wpxi, i still don't understand how marchand didn't get interference for obstructing letang on the SH chance

Old
06-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by fate View Post
watching the postgame on wpxi, i still don't understand how marchand didn't get interference for obstructing letang on the SH chance
Refs were horrible and genuinely had an influence on the outcome of the game by being horrible. That's how.

You can't be that bad in such a close game and get away with it without anyone pointing a finger at you.

Old
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate View Post
Because he pointed out to everybody what he was going to do so the onus is on Letang to not occupy the space Marchand pointed at.

Old
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

I found it bizarre that Sid was so distracted and diverted from his game. He was simply *****y.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:06 PM
MtlPenFan

That first goal was a crazy microcosm of the game. Pens hit 3 posts, but Bruins score a goal where the puck squeezes through the tiny space between Martin's foot and his shin, then goes through the tiny space between TV's legs.

Old
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
Milbury is salivating like the fat **** he is. "Malkin TRYING to fight Bergeron" he DID fight him and he took him down, you worthless fat ****
Milbury's just mad that Geno knows how to take someone out without using a shoe.

Old
NutCracker

+Vokoun, 0 goals was his fault
+Malkin, showing emotion and creating chances
+Dupuis/Kennedy, solid effort for both, lots of speed and hustle
+Letang, I think he was solid also tonight. Can't remember brainfarts he usually does and made some offense going there

-Sid, wtf are you doing? get your head out of your ass and start playing
-Niskanen, he's been bad whole season. I hope he won't be on this team next season.
-Eaton, poor game, poor decisions. Failed on a easy clearing that resulted in a goal.
-Jokinen, too ****ing slow. Replace him with Vitale ASAP
-Iggy, where is his ability to carry a team when no one else does? He's been awful since coming here..

-- Bounces, seriously. Unluckiest game I've seen in a while

---Refs, once again. BUSH LEAGUE officials.

Old
Waffle Fries

I don't think Morrow should sit. I think he should play with Jokinen and Dupuis. But that won't happen.

Playing guys where they look their absolute best is a silly thing to do.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinzilla View Post
Crosby and Malkin being stupid again. They act like no one is allowed to play well against them. Just **** and play. I hope Iginla pulls them aside and settles them down. This is the same crap they always do, especially Malkin. They get so obsessed with personal matchups and then play down to other players' level. Just **** and play. Be great. Shut up. WTH
What a joke. Don't even compare Malkin's emotions and Crosby's emotions tonight. Usually it's the other way around, but Sid was a baby tonight. Malkin made a calculated decision to fight Bergeron. Frankly, I think he did it to light a fire under Sid's *** as much as anything, because Sid's play in the first two periods was worse than anything I've ever seen from him. Instead of taking advantage of the situation, Sid played even worse. I'm rarely stunned by anything in hockey, but THAT was stunning.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
KrejciMVP

Pens need to keep their cool. The bruins sure did. Its gonna be a good series

Old
06-01-2013, 10:07 PM
TheSniper26
No cure for being...

Quote:
You know, I honestly felt that Malkin fighting with Bergeron would light a fire under Sid's ***. I'm stunned that the exact opposite happened.
So Malkin is let off the hook for a dumb fight but the rest of the team should be held accountable for not responding to it? That seems like strange logic. The way he was playing, the last thing this team needed from Malkin was a fight that took him off the ice for 5 minutes. If he's on for the PP to start the 3rd this game might have gone differently. Malkin was our best player tonight. He needed to be on the ice as much as possible.

As for Crosby, I hope the Bruins enjoyed that kind of performance while it lasted.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:08 PM
canadianguy77

Quote:
IMO, if Cooke is suspended, then I put Vitale AND Bennett in. Kennedy has outlived his usefulness. He's back to full spaz mode.
That play where he just stood still with puck near the slot for what seemed like 2 or 3 seconds and did nothing made me lol. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Old
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutCracker View Post
+Vokoun, 0 goals was his fault
+Malkin, showing emotion and creating chances
+Dupuis/Kennedy, solid effort for both, lots of speed and hustle
+Letang, I think he was solid also tonight. Can't remember brainfarts he usually does and made some offense going there

-Sid, wtf are you doing? get your head out of your ass and start playing
-Niskanen, he's been bad whole season. I hope he won't be on this team next season.
-Eaton, poor game, poor decisions. Failed on a easy clearing that resulted in a goal.
-Jokinen, too ****ing slow. Replace him with Vitale ASAP
-Iggy, where is his ability to carry a team when no one else does? He's been awful since coming here..

-- Bounces, seriously. Unluckiest game I've seen in a while

---Refs, once again. BUSH LEAGUE officials.
On the opposite side of the ice and the first PP unit?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No kidding. How people would pin any of this on Vokoun is beyond me.
The same reason people are ******** about Malkin fighting. Vokoun let in three goals. Pens lost. He had to be shaky. Malkin made a calculated decision to go with Bergeron. Nobody on the Pens responded. Ergo, Malkin's 'loss of emotional control' cost the Pens.

Old
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Pretty easy to keep you cool when the refs are in your pocket.

Old
Terrapin

For the people *****ing about Malkin's fight, i'll say this. Did I like losing him for 5 minutes, risking him getting injured, etc? Hell no. BUT, having a captain that rarely fights drop the gloves, and win a fight SHOULD fire the team up. If the Pens wouldn't have sleepwalked through the 3rd, we'd be saying what great leadership that was. Well, maybe not some of you, but most fans (and teammates) would.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Not unless the Bruins get a couple of more games where they get all the bounces, the Penguins hit posts all night, and the refs are as ridiculous as I've seen in years.

Not trying to be a dick to you personally, you seem like a reasonable poster coming in peace. But that's just how it is.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:10 PM
thecore

Crosby was garbage. Hopefully getting through the first game without the jaw piece helps. I saw his mouth was bleeding early in the game. Anyone know why?

Old
Fordy
the kid signify

Whoever said it, Vitale and Bennett coming in is the right move. Kennedy has served his purpose and is a detriment again.

Old
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Really? "Iginla didn't carry the Penguins" wtf am I reading.

That whole game was bad. The Penguins are mentally weak. Whenever a team gets in their faces, they lose their cool. The Penguins aren't going to beat the Bruins if they keep getting angry. Some of the vets have to take control when Crosby and Malkin lose it, and calm the team down.

Old
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinzilla View Post
Crosby and Malkin being stupid again. They act like no one is allowed to play well against them. Just **** and play. I hope Iginla pulls them aside and settles them down. This is the same crap they always do, especially Malkin. They get so obsessed with personal matchups and then play down to other players' level. Just **** and play. Be great. Shut up. WTH
Malkin was great. Other than the fight, he didn't act frustrated and just kept playing. I'm not sure what you were watching. Sid, on the other hand, kept hacking people, whined to the refs, etc. Geno was fine.

Closed Thread