HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Draft Combine/Mini-camp

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
brunosevigny

vCash: 500
What I like about him is the place for progression. Always impressed me when I watched him play (only 4 games but it's better than none). On the other hand, after the games I was always wondering how much more he could bring on the table. Very interesting prospect I wouldn't mind Timmins to draft in the second round depending who's still there.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He does not. Good size and works hard on the ice, but doesn't really throw his weight around. He also doesn't quite have a good understanding of how to properly use his size to protect the puck, but he shows great flashes.

Amazing tools.
Hmm.. Comparable too?

I see he had a pretty bad concussion this year.

Old
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
JohnnyReb

Regarding Bailey I doubt they would make their decision based on one or two combine practices. So I'm guessing the big love-in for him is either;

* a ruse
* (more likely) confirmation that Timmins has already flagged the kid as a Person of Interest and told everybody to "watch what he does at the combine, you'll see what I've already seen".

Doesn't mean we are going to draft him - there could be other kids that are equally if not more impressive on Timmins' list, but that would be my guess. But on the other hand if he is their guy, then take him with the 1st, don't wait until the 2nd just because that's where the rankings have him. If you get too cute you run the very real risk that somebody else has seen what you have seen and will snap him up before your other picks come up. If he is your Best Player Available then take him as the Best Player Available. Have some faith in your convictions.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:15 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Why I like Dickinson more than Bailey.. well, it's highlighted in the video. Dickinson might not be as tall as Bailey, but most of the time, Dickinson is driving the net, has defenders hanging off of him and he's still going to the dirty areas.

That being said.. you can see that as far as offensive tools, Bailey has a better selection of shots and his reach advantage puts goalies at dismay.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why I like Dickinson more than Bailey.. well, it's highlighted in the video. Dickinson might not be as tall as Bailey, but most of the time, Dickinson is driving the net, has defenders hanging off of him and he's still going to the dirty areas.

That being said.. you can see that as far as offensive tools, Bailey has a better selection of shots and his reach advantage puts goalies at dismay.
Dickinson strikes me as more Alex Burrows where Bailey is more James Neal. (I'm talking style and potential upside). But Dickinson is more sure-fire to develop as he's less raw at this point.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
I'm in looking foward to read about Horvat, Natasiuk, Duclair, Poirier, McCaron, etc. The bigger names and how they did today
You won't get that type of info, the Habs will keep it private.

Bailey is like a 5 tool OF in baseball who hasn't put it all together yet.

Old
06-05-2013, 04:42 PM
DJ Breadman

What about Mantha? Timmins visited with him during the q season, also last week in toronto and now he is at the combine here. They seem real interested in this guy

Old
06-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Guilliam

I'd be happy if the Habs selected Bailey. To me, he seems exactly like the high-risk high-reward type pick we can afford to gamble on this year while we use some of our other picks on safer projects.

Old
06-05-2013, 05:14 PM
jedimyrmidon

What made Sebastien Collberg considered a first round talent in 2012 compared to a guy like Justin Bailey who also appears to be a good skater with a good shot?

Old
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
What about Mantha? Timmins visited with him during the q season, also last week in toronto and now he is at the combine here. They seem real interested in this guy
Nothing unusual with any of that, I would imagine he visits with many prospects during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
What made Sebastien Collberg considered a first round talent in 2012 compared to a guy like Justin Bailey who also appears to be a good skater with a good shot?
Collberg had either been very good or dominated in his age group - either in Sweden or in international competitions. Collberg had been on the radar for at least 2 years before the draft as someone who could be a high quality prospect. Bailey's so-so OHL season is what we really only have as proof of what he can do at a high level of competition.

Old
06-05-2013, 05:23 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I'd be happy if the Habs selected Bailey. To me, he seems exactly like the high-risk high-reward type pick we can afford to gamble on this year while we use some of our other picks on safer projects.
If he's on the board when Montreal wants him, they will more than likely take him. Last years draft had a lot of strange droppers that Montreal capitalized on. This year might be the same and we could see some first round guys falling to Montreal in the second or third.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:29 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
You want size? Grab McCarron, Bailey and Dickinson with the first three picks. That's a beast line there.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:40 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

25 - McCarron
34 - Poirer/Klimchuk
36 - Bailey

Would be quite nice.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Erik Estrada

They surely have some type of interest with the list of players from ROC, but what kind of interest? Every single team can find out who went to that Habs combine...I know teams will play their cards close to the vest when they're really interested with a prospect. See visiting with Subban in T.O... Flyers viewing Simon Gagné only in remote places like Rouyn-Noranda to not tip their hat to other teams... etc...

Old
06-05-2013, 07:07 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
25 - McCarron
34 - Poirer/Klimchuk
36 - Bailey

Would be quite nice.
Dont touch McCarron in the first. CONSIDER him at 36.

Old
06-05-2013, 07:13 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

How do people think McCarron has upside for a 1st? Did I spell his name right or Is it spelt like j-e-s-s-i-m-a-n?

Old
06-05-2013, 07:16 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
How do people think McCarron has upside for a 1st? Did I spell his name right or Is it spelt like j-e-s-s-i-m-a-n?
McCarron has the potential to be the next Lucic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPqbIq9bd4

Old
06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uocooco View Post
McCarron has the potential to be the next Lucic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPqbIq9bd4
Respect your opinion but lucic averages a ppg in the nhl then McCarron does in the ushl. So no he really doesn't

Old
06-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Respect your opinion but lucic averages a ppg in the nhl then McCarron does in the ushl. So no he really doesn't
Lucic put up 20 points in his draft year.

edit: also lucic isn't even close to a ppg.

Old
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
uocooco

Quote:
When Lucic was drafted, he had 19 pts in 62 games in the WHL.

McCarron had 10 pts in 19 games this year + 5 pts in 7 games at the WJC-18.

Old
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uocooco View Post
When Lucic was drafted, he had 19 pts in 62 games in the WHL.

McCarron had 10 pts in 19 games this year + 5 pts in 7 games at the WJC-18.
I meant lucic averages a better ppg average then McCarron and lucic is in the nhl and McCarron is in the ushl. In other words 2nd round sure! But first round hell no!

Old
06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Klimchuk dauphin and Lehkonen will be far better players. Unless hockey is somehow turned into a game where gravitational pull and reaching high shelfs is severely vital

Old
06-05-2013, 07:54 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Klimchuk dauphin and Lehkonen will be far better players. Unless hockey is somehow turned into a game where gravitational pull and reaching high shelfs is severely vital
ya never know I think we should prepare for it anyways

Old
06-05-2013, 07:56 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Does someone else have any reason why we should pick McCarron beside his limited production and alleged mean streak even though he has never been in a fight and from what I've seen doesn't finish his checks that hard and isn't exactly a amazing skater ?

Old
06-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And I have Bailey as one of my few ND....

Having said that, none of my ND's are REAL ones, I'd take them all probably but just further than what people expect them to go. But I will have to understand something here. Bailey plays a similar game to Mantha. Good scorer, good skater, very good hands, not the biggest initiator physically and inconsistent.

So my question is....why is Mantha not to be considered but then Bailey would be great to have?

Closed Thread