HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zidlicky or Hutchinson for a center, proposal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
  #1
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,748
vCash: 500
Zidlicky or Hutchinson for a center, proposal.

Nashville has a wealth of defensemen that are ready, with Hamhuis, Timonen and Suter all have good offense skill and all are better 2 way defensemen.

Zidlicky would be a tougher loss, but would bring more in return. Hutchinson, has loads of offensive talent but he's stuck behind the others mentioned, he'd be much cheaper.

What are the possiblities?

triggrman is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
  #2
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 500
Why not take a chance on someone like Allison, who could be had for cheap?

nikolai19 is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
  #3
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,441
vCash: 500
With Kenny J rumored to be staying in Sweden, and Hamrlik and Aucoin potential UFAs, the Isles could definetly use Zidlicky. The problem is, we don't really have anything worthwhile to offer in return. Our most tradeable assets are the guys least likely to get deal (Scatchard, Parrish, and Hunter). The Isles would really have a hard time making a decent offer.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
  #4
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Why not take a chance on someone like Allison, who could be had for cheap?
they could, especially since Poile drafted Allison and I believe he already has a relationship with Trotz as well.

triggrman is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM
  #5
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
With Kenny J rumored to be staying in Sweden, and Hamrlik and Aucoin potential UFAs, the Isles could definetly use Zidlicky. The problem is, we don't really have anything worthwhile to offer in return. Our most tradeable assets are the guys least likely to get deal (Scatchard, Parrish, and Hunter). The Isles would really have a hard time making a decent offer.

the Isles/Preds don't match up well in trade.The isles defensive prospects who are closest to making the nhl are similar to Zidlicky(small,offensive d-men Gervais/Campoli).

if the isles did want to make an offer,would Kvasha coming off his first 50 pt season be a fair offer?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
  #6
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
the Isles/Preds don't match up well in trade.The isles defensive prospects who are closest to making the nhl are similar to Zidlicky(small,offensive d-men Gervais/Campoli).

if the isles did want to make an offer,would Kvasha coming off his first 50 pt season be a fair offer?
I'm not sure the Preds want Kvasha if it costs us Zidlicky. His inconsistency and lack of desire remind me too much of Arkhipov. He seems like a bigger version of Denis and that scares me.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
  #7
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,441
vCash: 500
Not that I think Kvasha is worth Zidlicky, but I have to point out that he did play with a lot of grit and desire last year. He still had his occassional funks, but he remains a fairly useful player. I'm personally not anxious to move him.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 07:18 PM
  #8
Matty
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strawberry Fields
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
What about Peca? A tad expensive but Nashville could afford him. IMO he'd fit right into Nashville. And it would allow NYI to clear up some salary space.

Matty is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 08:36 PM
  #9
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,828
vCash: 50
Would the Preds take Stumpel and David Steckel for Zidlicky?

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
  #10
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,227
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
What about Peca? A tad expensive but Nashville could afford him. IMO he'd fit right into Nashville. And it would allow NYI to clear up some salary space.



Isles defense will be undergoing major changes with 3 of the top 4 either ufas or retiring and they have a very young goalie.I'm hoping they keep Peca for his defensive play.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
  #11
salzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?

salzy is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
  #12
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy
Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?
I'd make either of those deals. Hell, both.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
  #13
Habsfan 32
Registered User
 
Habsfan 32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Way up north...
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy
Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?
That might me a good trade for both teams.

Habsfan 32 is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 12:10 AM
  #14
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
I agree. What is Zidlicky's contract status at the moment? Also, is this deal expandable? There are other Preds I think would be great on the Flyers.

mercury is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 03:37 AM
  #15
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I agree. What is Zidlicky's contract status at the moment? Also, is this deal expandable? There are other Preds I think would be great on the Flyers.
I think that Zid is signed for next year at $1.5 million.

dulzhok is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM
  #16
Super Reverse Homer
Registered User
 
Super Reverse Homer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,620
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Have not posted in a long while. how's everyone?

To pittsburgh: Andrew Hutchinson
To nashville: Milan Kraft + 4th

Super Reverse Homer is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 11:52 AM
  #17
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpenguin
Have not posted in a long while. how's everyone?

To pittsburgh: Andrew Hutchinson
To nashville: Milan Kraft + 4th

That's an interesting offer. Kraft is a center?

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
  #18
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 38,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
What about Peca? A tad expensive but Nashville could afford him. IMO he'd fit right into Nashville. And it would allow NYI to clear up some salary space.
Probably wouldn't work for either team. Isles still need Peca to make the playoffs, and Nashville probably wouldn't want a player with his contract issue (in addition to making big $, Peca is probably a year away from UFA status).

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 02:23 PM
  #19
salzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd make either of those deals. Hell, both.
In that case, make it

Sharp for Hutchinson & a 1st?

Handzus for Zidlicky & a 1st?

Be nice to have Zidlicky and Jonsson on the blueline. Where could the Rangers find a pair of d men like that!?

salzy is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 03:49 PM
  #20
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
That's an interesting offer. Kraft is a center?
He played center in the few games I saw them play in 2003. Looking at NHL.com, he averaged 14.6 faceoffs per game, third highest on the team.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat even if Pittsburgh dropped the 4th from the offer. Hutch will never make the Preds roster with the way it's setup, in my opinion. We need more players who are the opposite of Hutch: great in their own zone, no need for offense.

I'd also do Handzus for Zidlicky. I'd love to do this deal. People say Handzus isn't a first line center and from what I saw, I won't argue. But he would likely be better than either Legwand or Johnson. As a defensive minded, playmaker with tons of size, he could be a great fit with Sullivan and Walker. He really fits the mold of what the Preds are looking for in a center. He's big and strong. We could use more speed from him, but he brings so much else that it becomes worth it. He just signed a 3 year deal in April of last year, what was the value?

The question would be from a Preds fan standpoint, which deal would you rather do? We would probably rather have Handzus, but Zids would be a huge loss, especially for our PP. Kraft isn't as good, yet, but still has potential. And we wouldn't lose anything of our current roster to make that deal. Hmm....

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
  #21
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He played center in the few games I saw them play in 2003. Looking at NHL.com, he averaged 14.6 faceoffs per game, third highest on the team.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat even if Pittsburgh dropped the 4th from the offer. Hutch will never make the Preds roster with the way it's setup, in my opinion. We need more players who are the opposite of Hutch: great in their own zone, no need for offense.

I'd also do Handzus for Zidlicky. I'd love to do this deal. People say Handzus isn't a first line center and from what I saw, I won't argue. But he would likely be better than either Legwand or Johnson. As a defensive minded, playmaker with tons of size, he could be a great fit with Sullivan and Walker. He really fits the mold of what the Preds are looking for in a center. He's big and strong. We could use more speed from him, but he brings so much else that it becomes worth it. He just signed a 3 year deal in April of last year, what was the value?

The question would be from a Preds fan standpoint, which deal would you rather do? We would probably rather have Handzus, but Zids would be a huge loss, especially for our PP. Kraft isn't as good, yet, but still has potential. And we wouldn't lose anything of our current roster to make that deal. Hmm....
You have to wonder if Kraft and Erat wouldn't have some sort of Czech-chemistry, as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
  #22
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
You have to wonder if Kraft and Erat wouldn't have some sort of Czech-chemistry, as well.
Yes, I too have heard that Czech's actually have an innate ability to communicate telepathically. It's the only scientific way to explain the success of Jan Hrdina. He's been propped up by Jagr and Lang for too long!

Seriously though, I think Kraft is a risk worth taking. Especially if it only costs us Hutch. I'm not sure Pitt would do that deal.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 04:55 PM
  #23
salzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yes, I too have heard that Czech's actually have an innate ability to communicate telepathically.
lol. I wonder if there's any way to get Mace Windu and Ben Kenobi on a line together. Gotta have some way to defend those all Czech line combos.

salzy is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
  #24
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy
lol. I wonder if there's any way to get Mace Windu and Ben Kenobi on a line together. Gotta have some way to defend those all Czech line combos.
Last I heard, Ol' Mace had grown has hair out a touch and was up in Chicago coaching youth hockey.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=inglewood_jack

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
05-19-2005, 05:15 PM
  #25
Matty
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strawberry Fields
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Probably wouldn't work for either team. Isles still need Peca to make the playoffs, and Nashville probably wouldn't want a player with his contract issue (in addition to making big $, Peca is probably a year away from UFA status).
Definitely see your point on NY. I was thinking that maybe trading Peca would allow the Islanders to resign both Aucoin and Hamrlik but in the end, it may not be worth it.

However, I do think Nashville would be interested...very interested in a guy like Peca. He would fit into their defensive system and would be a huge bonus down the middle. Contract wise I doubt they'd be that concerned (depending on what they'd have to give up in a trade). The fact that his large contract only has one year left is a bonus really. They can afford the one year hit and for a team that is dedicated to making the post season, Peca would be some nice insurance heading into next season. I believe they would take the chance on being able to resign him (again, depending on the asking price)

Matty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.