HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zidlicky or Hutchinson for a center, proposal.

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Zidlicky or Hutchinson for a center, proposal.

Nashville has a wealth of defensemen that are ready, with Hamhuis, Timonen and Suter all have good offense skill and all are better 2 way defensemen.

Zidlicky would be a tougher loss, but would bring more in return. Hutchinson, has loads of offensive talent but he's stuck behind the others mentioned, he'd be much cheaper.

What are the possiblities?

Old
05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
nikolai19

Why not take a chance on someone like Allison, who could be had for cheap?

Old
05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

With Kenny J rumored to be staying in Sweden, and Hamrlik and Aucoin potential UFAs, the Isles could definetly use Zidlicky. The problem is, we don't really have anything worthwhile to offer in return. Our most tradeable assets are the guys least likely to get deal (Scatchard, Parrish, and Hunter). The Isles would really have a hard time making a decent offer.

Old
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
Why not take a chance on someone like Allison, who could be had for cheap?
they could, especially since Poile drafted Allison and I believe he already has a relationship with Trotz as well.

Old
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
With Kenny J rumored to be staying in Sweden, and Hamrlik and Aucoin potential UFAs, the Isles could definetly use Zidlicky. The problem is, we don't really have anything worthwhile to offer in return. Our most tradeable assets are the guys least likely to get deal (Scatchard, Parrish, and Hunter). The Isles would really have a hard time making a decent offer.

the Isles/Preds don't match up well in trade.The isles defensive prospects who are closest to making the nhl are similar to Zidlicky(small,offensive d-men Gervais/Campoli).

if the isles did want to make an offer,would Kvasha coming off his first 50 pt season be a fair offer?

Old
05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
the Isles/Preds don't match up well in trade.The isles defensive prospects who are closest to making the nhl are similar to Zidlicky(small,offensive d-men Gervais/Campoli).

if the isles did want to make an offer,would Kvasha coming off his first 50 pt season be a fair offer?
I'm not sure the Preds want Kvasha if it costs us Zidlicky. His inconsistency and lack of desire remind me too much of Arkhipov. He seems like a bigger version of Denis and that scares me.

Old
05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Not that I think Kvasha is worth Zidlicky, but I have to point out that he did play with a lot of grit and desire last year. He still had his occassional funks, but he remains a fairly useful player. I'm personally not anxious to move him.

Old
05-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Matty

What about Peca? A tad expensive but Nashville could afford him. IMO he'd fit right into Nashville. And it would allow NYI to clear up some salary space.

Old
05-18-2005, 08:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Would the Preds take Stumpel and David Steckel for Zidlicky?

Old
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
What about Peca? A tad expensive but Nashville could afford him. IMO he'd fit right into Nashville. And it would allow NYI to clear up some salary space.

Isles defense will be undergoing major changes with 3 of the top 4 either ufas or retiring and they have a very young goalie.I'm hoping they keep Peca for his defensive play.

Old
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
salzy

Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?

Old
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy
Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?
I'd make either of those deals. Hell, both.

Old
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Sharp for Hutchinson?

Handzus for Zidlicky?
That might me a good trade for both teams.

Old
05-19-2005, 12:10 AM
mercury

I agree. What is Zidlicky's contract status at the moment? Also, is this deal expandable? There are other Preds I think would be great on the Flyers.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:37 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I agree. What is Zidlicky's contract status at the moment? Also, is this deal expandable? There are other Preds I think would be great on the Flyers.
I think that Zid is signed for next year at $1.5 million.

Old
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Have not posted in a long while. how's everyone?

To pittsburgh: Andrew Hutchinson
To nashville: Milan Kraft + 4th

Old
05-19-2005, 11:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpenguin
Have not posted in a long while. how's everyone?

To pittsburgh: Andrew Hutchinson
To nashville: Milan Kraft + 4th

That's an interesting offer. Kraft is a center?

Old
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
Probably wouldn't work for either team. Isles still need Peca to make the playoffs, and Nashville probably wouldn't want a player with his contract issue (in addition to making big $, Peca is probably a year away from UFA status).

Old
05-19-2005, 02:23 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'd make either of those deals. Hell, both.
In that case, make it

Sharp for Hutchinson & a 1st?

Handzus for Zidlicky & a 1st?

Be nice to have Zidlicky and Jonsson on the blueline. Where could the Rangers find a pair of d men like that!?

Old
05-19-2005, 03:49 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
That's an interesting offer. Kraft is a center?
He played center in the few games I saw them play in 2003. Looking at NHL.com, he averaged 14.6 faceoffs per game, third highest on the team.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat even if Pittsburgh dropped the 4th from the offer. Hutch will never make the Preds roster with the way it's setup, in my opinion. We need more players who are the opposite of Hutch: great in their own zone, no need for offense.

I'd also do Handzus for Zidlicky. I'd love to do this deal. People say Handzus isn't a first line center and from what I saw, I won't argue. But he would likely be better than either Legwand or Johnson. As a defensive minded, playmaker with tons of size, he could be a great fit with Sullivan and Walker. He really fits the mold of what the Preds are looking for in a center. He's big and strong. We could use more speed from him, but he brings so much else that it becomes worth it. He just signed a 3 year deal in April of last year, what was the value?

The question would be from a Preds fan standpoint, which deal would you rather do? We would probably rather have Handzus, but Zids would be a huge loss, especially for our PP. Kraft isn't as good, yet, but still has potential. And we wouldn't lose anything of our current roster to make that deal. Hmm....

Old
05-19-2005, 04:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He played center in the few games I saw them play in 2003. Looking at NHL.com, he averaged 14.6 faceoffs per game, third highest on the team.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat even if Pittsburgh dropped the 4th from the offer. Hutch will never make the Preds roster with the way it's setup, in my opinion. We need more players who are the opposite of Hutch: great in their own zone, no need for offense.

I'd also do Handzus for Zidlicky. I'd love to do this deal. People say Handzus isn't a first line center and from what I saw, I won't argue. But he would likely be better than either Legwand or Johnson. As a defensive minded, playmaker with tons of size, he could be a great fit with Sullivan and Walker. He really fits the mold of what the Preds are looking for in a center. He's big and strong. We could use more speed from him, but he brings so much else that it becomes worth it. He just signed a 3 year deal in April of last year, what was the value?

The question would be from a Preds fan standpoint, which deal would you rather do? We would probably rather have Handzus, but Zids would be a huge loss, especially for our PP. Kraft isn't as good, yet, but still has potential. And we wouldn't lose anything of our current roster to make that deal. Hmm....
You have to wonder if Kraft and Erat wouldn't have some sort of Czech-chemistry, as well.

Old
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
You have to wonder if Kraft and Erat wouldn't have some sort of Czech-chemistry, as well.
Yes, I too have heard that Czech's actually have an innate ability to communicate telepathically. It's the only scientific way to explain the success of Jan Hrdina. He's been propped up by Jagr and Lang for too long!

Seriously though, I think Kraft is a risk worth taking. Especially if it only costs us Hutch. I'm not sure Pitt would do that deal.

Old
05-19-2005, 04:55 PM
salzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yes, I too have heard that Czech's actually have an innate ability to communicate telepathically.
lol. I wonder if there's any way to get Mace Windu and Ben Kenobi on a line together. Gotta have some way to defend those all Czech line combos.

Old
05-19-2005, 05:02 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
lol. I wonder if there's any way to get Mace Windu and Ben Kenobi on a line together. Gotta have some way to defend those all Czech line combos.
Last I heard, Ol' Mace had grown has hair out a touch and was up in Chicago coaching youth hockey.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=inglewood_jack

Old
05-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Probably wouldn't work for either team. Isles still need Peca to make the playoffs, and Nashville probably wouldn't want a player with his contract issue (in addition to making big $, Peca is probably a year away from UFA status).
Definitely see your point on NY. I was thinking that maybe trading Peca would allow the Islanders to resign both Aucoin and Hamrlik but in the end, it may not be worth it.

However, I do think Nashville would be interested...very interested in a guy like Peca. He would fit into their defensive system and would be a huge bonus down the middle. Contract wise I doubt they'd be that concerned (depending on what they'd have to give up in a trade). The fact that his large contract only has one year left is a bonus really. They can afford the one year hit and for a team that is dedicated to making the post season, Peca would be some nice insurance heading into next season. I believe they would take the chance on being able to resign him (again, depending on the asking price)

Closed Thread