HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Later signs with Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2005, 12:46 PM
timlap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
pending training camp of course, if the nhl starts up.............

moro (probably going to be signed again)
bell
white
wozniewski
harrison (probably going to be signed again)
d'amour
marsh

gotta figure all those guys have better chances then later does. if any euro d-men come over, his chances go from slim to none. carlo might be there too. he did nothing this year to get closer to the nhl.
I hope we sign Moro. Although this might be a stretch, I wouldn't be shocked to see him given a chance at making the Leafs (not just the Marlies).

Bell, White, and Wozniewski would appear to be locks.

Why do you think they will sign Harrison again? Not saying they won't, but do you have more information?

I would not be especially surprised to see Later beat out D'Amour and Marsh.

Out of curiosity, can you remember from last year what you thought Wozniewski's chances were before you got the chance to see him play yourself?

Old
05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlap
I hope we sign Moro. Although this might be a stretch, I wouldn't be shocked to see him given a chance at making the Leafs (not just the Marlies).
Ferguson did said that they'll give him a chance. He's the exact type of defenceman we need in Toronto, but I don't think he's quite good enough to be an NHL regular.

Quote:
I would not be especially surprised to see Later beat out D'Amour and Marsh.
Those are the types of guys he'll probably be in competition with. They've all got a shot at the Marlies but I'd consider D'Amour to be the front runner as a regular in St. John's. And even then I'm not sure he will be.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, can you remember from last year what you thought Wozniewski's chances were before you got the chance to see him play yourself?
If I remember correctly, Frankie actually liked the Wozniewski signing. But guys of Wozniewski's age who are signed out of the NCAA can often make strong transitions to the AHL game.

Old
05-24-2005, 01:48 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
. . .
Those are the types of guys he'll probably be in competition with. They've all got a shot at the Marlies but I'd consider D'Amour to be the front runner as a regular in St. John's. And even then I'm not sure he will be.
. . .
I would probably consider D'Amour the front runner of that group too, but none of them strike me as locks to make the Marlies. Later, at least, has the factor of being an unknown quantity.

Old
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
rusty_shackelford

A little info on Later, keep in mind that Im no expert or scout.

Very good stick handler, great hands, offensive defensman, Didn't really get much of a chance to play in Saskatoon or PG, when he did play he was made to pretty much stay at home and not rush the puck. Was picked up by Brandon at the trade deadline to add depth to their blueline for the playoffs, wasn't expected to even make the WheatKings this year as a 20 yr old, looked great early, was given the green light to be an offensive threat, was the Qb on possibly the best PP in the country (keep in mind some great players on that PP), He pretty much didn't look back from there, definently has his moments as far as penalties go, but I think he's a heck of a player and it should be interesting to see how he does. Anyways I hope this helps a little.

Old
05-24-2005, 03:07 PM
timlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_shackelford
A little info on Later, keep in mind that Im no expert or scout.

Very good stick handler, great hands, offensive defensman, Didn't really get much of a chance to play in Saskatoon or PG, when he did play he was made to pretty much stay at home and not rush the puck. Was picked up by Brandon at the trade deadline to add depth to their blueline for the playoffs, wasn't expected to even make the WheatKings this year as a 20 yr old, looked great early, was given the green light to be an offensive threat, was the Qb on possibly the best PP in the country (keep in mind some great players on that PP), He pretty much didn't look back from there, definently has his moments as far as penalties go, but I think he's a heck of a player and it should be interesting to see how he does. Anyways I hope this helps a little.
Thanks, rusty.

Old
05-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Twist and Shout

2nd beautiful signing in a row. Whoa

Old
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
I asked this at tmlfans...but does anyone here think Hedin will come back over or have we seen the last of him? Had some injury issues this year and not a great season overall in the SEL, but from what I remember, he didn't look too bad in his brief stint in the NHL.

Old
05-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by think/blue
I asked this at tmlfans...but does anyone here think Hedin will come back over or have we seen the last of him? Had some injury issues this year and not a great season overall in the SEL, but from what I remember, he didn't look too bad in his brief stint in the NHL.
we've seen the last of him in north america.

Old
05-24-2005, 06:36 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Quote:
Just curious- have either Army or Frankie seen this guy play?
i have when the wheatkings played the hitmen

Old
05-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Pappy

Better Later than Never

Better Sooner than Later

Why hasn't our Western Scout Ulfie given us the scouting report on this Guy

Old
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Why hasn't our Western Scout Ulfie given us the scouting report on this Guy
Seems to dive a great deal, and loses focus at times as he is easy to get off his game. He is scrappy, and with a rich dad has always got his pass into the next level without any worries. In the end someone will hand him his head and he'll be carried off the pitch never to be seen again ...

oh, did you mean the hockey player ... sorry wrong game.

Let's see with 3 kids, and 5 days of soccer per week, I only have time for going live to one sport, and my guys didn't pick hockey partially due to parental direction.

I saw my older brother's kids play on travelling hockey teams and they were always shelling out cash, and every second weekend they were either in NY or Michigan at another tournament.

I figured I'd go cheaper ... so now I only pay about 3k-4k per year on soccer.

Old
06-01-2005, 08:33 PM
allin4466

sorry i just happened about this thread. I have had the chance to see Later probably 10 or 15 times this year(mainly playoffs). He is a great offensive defensemen, can single handedly win a team a game whether it be with a goal.. stopping a 2 on 1, or he can run a guy through the boards with a clean hit. Im not too sure in his case if he doesnt fight because nobody wants to fight him or what. I noticed a few times in the PA series he looked like he wanted to go with Kozak or Schlenker but they both just skated away. IMO he drew the most penalties on the wheat kings this year, and if he can play under a coach that can teach him to keep his cool, he can be a decent pro player.

Summary: good player, needs to cool down a little. Good sign by the marlies

Closed Thread