HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #17 (TIE-BREAKER)

View Poll Results: #17 (TIE-BREAKER)
Dave Liffiton 24 63.16%
Dominic Moore 14 36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2005, 03:49 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll - #17 (TIE-BREAKER)

Moore or Liffiton? Again runner up will not automatically receive the #18 spot.

BTW all polls (including non tiebreakers) will now be running for only 24 hours instead of 48 since 90% of the votes seem to come in the first 24 hours anyway.

Old
05-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Barnaby

Gotta be Liffiton...

Old
05-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Onion Boy

Dominic Moore. I'd say more or less equal upside to Liffiton (2nd line/pair), but Moore has more facets to his game (smart in the defensive zone, can run the PK, but can also be a playmaker up front and on the powerplay).

From what I've seen, Liffiton has little offensive game to speak of.

Old
05-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Dominic Moore. I'd say more or less equal upside to Liffiton (2nd line/pair), but Moore has more facets to his game (smart in the defensive zone, can run the PK, but can also be a playmaker up front and on the powerplay).
If Dom Moore becomes a 2nd liner, then I'll eat my shoe. I think Liffiton has a much better chance as a 2nd pairing d-man - not to mention we need a big d-man like that which gives him an even better shot at getting good icetime.

You look at a guy like Mike Richards who's tearing up the AHL in the playoffs, that's a kid who could be a quality centerman. I don't see any of that with Moore. I think his ceiling is a 3rd line center, and he's not the type of player you want in that spot so...

Old
05-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Taz

Voted Liffiton

he is expected to be our big crease clearing tough defender not an offensive dynamo, he is strong but raw being only 19.

Dom moore is too weak too small and doesnt have near enough offensive attributes to make it in the NHL he is full of inconsistancy, hes not tough... time is passing and i doubt he will do very much, compared to a possible 10+ years Liffiton could play NHL hockey for.

Old
05-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Fletch

This was a tough one...

for me, it's tough to judge Liffiton. He wasn't impressive at all in Harftford and often looked lost. That said, he was barely 20 and one of the youngest guys in the league, so it's tough to expect much. I think in Moore you know what you're getting. He's an NHLer, in my opinion, and a useful one as he's smart defensively and can kill penalties. I think he can definitely be on a fourth line and fill-in on third lines/checking lines. Not sure he can be a regular checking line winger, though. I don't see him lasting at that high level an entire NHL season.

As for Liffiton...I was actually thinking his upside was a second pair guy - but it's just that - upside. More likely he's a third line guy, but it's too early to tell since he could barely crack the Hartford lineup consistently. Of course he's young and can still grow.

Old
05-23-2005, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for me, it's tough to judge Liffiton. He wasn't impressive at all in Harftford and often looked lost. That said, he was barely 20 and one of the youngest guys in the league, so it's tough to expect much. I think in Moore you know what you're getting. He's an NHLer, in my opinion, and a useful one as he's smart defensively and can kill penalties. I think he can definitely be on a fourth line and fill-in on third lines/checking lines. Not sure he can be a regular checking line winger, though. I don't see him lasting at that high level an entire NHL season.

As for Liffiton...I was actually thinking his upside was a second pair guy - but it's just that - upside. More likely he's a third line guy, but it's too early to tell since he could barely crack the Hartford lineup consistently. Of course he's young and can still grow.
Voted for Moore. I think he will be a smart 3rd line centre with leadership. Add Dylan Reese. This dman gets no attention cause he was hurt for most of the year. He had a good year this year.

Old
05-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
If Dom Moore becomes a 2nd liner, then I'll eat my shoe.
Might as well get it polished now so it'll go down more easily.

I think Moore certainly has that potential, but I see him filling in nicely as an elite 3rd line winger (too small to stay at center I think), but will likely see 2nd line duty from time to time.

Closed Thread