HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Reid Boucher in the NHL next year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2013, 12:13 PM
  #1
Lenain22
Registered User
 
Lenain22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Reid Boucher in the NHL next year?

Title says everything !!

Lenain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:14 PM
  #2
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA/NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 49,779
vCash: 500
highly, highly doubtful. hes not ready.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:14 PM
  #3
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24,426
vCash: 500
unless he has made incredible strides this summer, we are in deep **** if he does for an extended period

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
  #4
Marshal Rochambeau
Send it
 
Marshal Rochambeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,612
vCash: 500
It's certainly not out of the question.

Marshal Rochambeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  #5
ghdi
Registered User
 
ghdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 500
We signed him to his EL, so he is going to get a really hard look come training camp. He could make the team depending on how the team is built in the next few months.

ghdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  #6
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 25,034
vCash: 500
Jumping the gun....just a bit, OP.

Would be nice but he needs more seasoning(and I don't mean herbs and spices).

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #7
Devils731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,998
vCash: 500
I doubt it.

Devils731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:23 PM
  #8
Classic Devil
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 40,071
vCash: 500
Awards:
Really hope not. Ideally he and Merrill should both get a full year in the AHL.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
  #9
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenain22 View Post
Title says everything !!
Does it? /Arrested Development

Why do you ask? If it's for a fantasy league, don't bother with him. If it's because you're friends with him, probably won't be in the NHL next year. If it's because you just want to know, that's just curious.

__________________
[size="1"]"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:31 PM
  #10
BrodeursCups
....
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Not a chance. I want him in the ahl working on his skating and game in all 3 zones. There's a lot to like about him, but he needs to improve in numerous areas. At minimum one full year in the A and give him a look next year if he impresses in camp. Would be a big mistake to rush him.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  #11
SeidoN
#HFOutcasts
 
SeidoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Scotland
Posts: 23,952
vCash: 500
he'll be killed...

SeidoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
  #12
apice3*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
If Boucher makes the NHL squad next year, we're in big trouble. Or he's really good. But probably trouble.

  Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:36 PM
  #13
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 27,390
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
If Boucher makes the NHL squad next year, we're in big trouble. Or he's really good. But probably trouble.
15% chance its because he is really good. 85% chance we are in big trouble

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  #14
ZadorovNJD*
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,214
vCash: 500
I hope so!!

ZadorovNJD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #15
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 42,875
vCash: 500
Matteau made it last year without being in the minors so its certainly possible...but likely not good news if he does.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
  #16
Classic Devil
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 40,071
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Matteau made it last year without being in the minors so its certainly possible...but likely not good news if he does.
Matteau and Boucher have very different games. Matteau plays a bottom-6 type game. That's not true for Boucher.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
  #17
apice3*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Matteau made it last year without being in the minors so its certainly possible...but likely not good news if he does.
Matteau was a first rounder and also had an NHL-ready body and wasn't going to improve much more in juniors. He was also ineligible for the AHL where I imagine he would have played.

None of this applies to Boucher.

  Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
  #18
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,230
vCash: 500
i think we'll see him filling in for a minor top-6 injury as the year progresses, if at all. he definitely shouldn't be making the club out of training camp, or we're ******.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
  #19
Bleedred
Boedker sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Glued in the D-zone
Country: United States
Posts: 67,518
vCash: 500
If we didn't give Tedenby a one way then I wouldn't have been surprised to see Boucher get a serious look. Maybe not a whole season, but some time.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
  #20
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
#26 to #25 for #2
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 52,878
vCash: 500
only if everything goes wrong.

oh the huge manatee wrong

__________________


Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
  #21
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever
 
Henrique Iglesias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ-NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,837
vCash: 500

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
  #22
devilsblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Matteau and Boucher have very different games. Matteau plays a bottom-6 type game. That's not true for Boucher.
And Matteau is a big strong kid, physically he was ready. Boucher? Don't know how physically ready he is.

I tend to think Boucher will not be in the NHL next year. Though I would not be surprised if he gets a taste some time during the year.

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
  #23
ghdi
Registered User
 
ghdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 500
I think there's a tad bit of pessimism here. I'm in general agreement that he's probably not going to be in Newark for the duration of the season, but he's similar in size and age to RNH and Huberdeau. If he comes into camp and lights it up, then its not the worst thing that could happen if he's here. Slim chance, but can't be discounted yet.

If we are in that much trouble, they won't make him a sacrificial lamb. He'll have to overachieve to get any meaningful gametime.

ghdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:56 PM
  #24
BrodeursCups
....
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Matteau and Boucher have very different games. Matteau plays a bottom-6 type game. That's not true for Boucher.
Yup. Too bad we can't combine their games

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
  #25
MountainGoat
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I think he'll impress everyone in Albany and get called up for a couple games

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.