Bluenoser

vCash: 500

Old
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I like Meier. He is pretty raw at the moment, but shows flashes of his potential. He can bury the puck and will crash the net, something that the guy he is replacing on the top line doesn't know how to do.

He was stuck with the Moynihan's who also seemed to quiet down quite a bit. I'm glad he's been given this shot and succeeding thus far.
Yeah the Moynihans have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as of late...

Old
10-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Roz

Jacob Jacques has legit nice legs, lol.

Quote:
Yeah the Moynihans have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as of late...
I'm not too worried about them. They've been playing well and working really hard but just haven't had any puck luck. They have at least one or two high quality scoring chances every game, though, and I think the points will follow soon enough.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:37 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post

There are more

From Danny Moynihans' Twitter.

Old
10-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post

I see someone skips leg day!

Old
10-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Roz

Darcy Ashley named QMJHL first star of the week.

Nice to see someone on our team not named Ehlers/Fucale/Drouin get noticed, lol.

Old
10-28-2013, 10:36 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I see someone skips leg day!
Chest day every day clearly

Good for Darcy. He's a man possessed this season.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Roz

Weegar, Drouin, and Fucale named to the Super Series roster.

Old
10-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Libbs

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/arti...g-for-a-mascot

Mooseheads are looking for someone to be the new Hal.

Old
10-29-2013, 12:14 PM
MikeyP

that explains Hal's absences/slackness Saturday night

Old
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
bigdirty

That is one damn fine roster. I really hope they put Drouin and Mantha on the same line, could be a preview of the world juniors.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
IrishInOntario

I'll be at the game tonight in Gatineau. There is a big group of us coming from Ottawa to watch Mack Weegar and the boys play. I'm really interested in watching Poirier play as well. When Halifax came to town last year, he was all but invisible for the Gatineau, but that was obviously a very skilled Halifax team. I'm expecting a really fast-paced games tonight.

Gatineau's head coach, Benoit Groulx, was named as the QMJHL's head coach for the Subway Super Series, with Ducharme as his assistant. Drouin, Weegar, Fucale and Poirier have all been selected to play.

Groulx will also be one of Sutter's assistant coaches for the World Junior Team this year. The game tonight will give Fucale a nice, in person, opportunity to audition in front of one of the WJHC coaches.

Lets Go Moose!

Old
10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
I'll be at the game tonight in Gatineau. There is a big group of us coming from Ottawa to watch Mack Weegar and the boys play. I'm really interested in watching Poirier play as well. When Halifax came to town last year, he was all but invisible for the Gatineau, but that was obviously a very skilled Halifax team. I'm expecting a really fast-paced games tonight.
Awesome! Jesse Lussier's from the Ottawa area too. I don't know if he's playing or not but hopefully he'll have a nice contingent there as well.

Porier's been suspended for tonight's game for an illegal check to the head vs. Quebec.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
IrishInOntario

That really sucks to hear about Porier! I was really looking forward to getting a second look at him. I really want to know what all the hype is about.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
IrishInOntario

Really excited to see Ehlers play in person tonight as well... He's looked pretty crafty from what I've seen on TV, but I'm excited to see him up close. I've heard he has really good wheels, I guess we'll see tonight.

With Poirier out, I'm gonna say 5-3 Moose tonight!

Old
10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Really excited to see Ehlers play in person tonight as well... He's looked pretty crafty from what I've seen on TV, but I'm excited to see him up close. I've heard he has really good wheels, I guess we'll see tonight.
He does. Very fast and silky smooth skater with great moves, very tricky. He is probably the most fun Moose to watch on the ice frankly. He kind of skates like Drouin stickhandles, if that makes sense.

Old
10-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Roz

Hey, we're back in the Top 10!

Old
10-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Roz

Lines and pairings tonight. Lussier's back!

Meier - Drouin - Ashley
Ryan - Andrews - Ehlers
C. Moynihan - D. Moynihan - Ciampini
Watt - Lindsay - Alcalde

Murphy - Lussier
Hardie - Weegar
Duke - Lovell

Fucale
Darveau

So that leaves Shewfelt, Leblanc, and Jacques as the scratches.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:11 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

Next week Greg Button comes to see the boy Ehlers.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Roz

Weegar's just been helped off the ice, putting no weight on his right leg. What spirits did we anger this season?

Old
10-30-2013, 10:11 PM
IrishInOntario

Just got back from the game...

- Weegar's injury really hurt Halifax. It's a sprain (saw him after the game) and he was on crutches. They'll get a better look at it tomorrow when the swelling goes down. He hurt it in a fight with Sheppard. He laid a big hit earlier in the game and Sheppard went after him. Groulx put Sheppard on the ice every single shift until Weegar dropped the gloves. They went down awkwardly, with Sheppard on top. Weegar's leg got twisted underneath him.

Other thoughts...

- The team sorely lacks a shot on the power play. Drouin looks completely uninspired to play and even when he's working hard, he does not belong on the point on the PP. He simply does not have the shot to play that role. A far cry from last year when Konrad and Frk were unloading bombs from up high. Drouin belongs on the side wall, where he can be creative cross-crease.

- Ehlers can really skate, he's fun to watch. Works on to backcheck too and despite not being the biggest guy, he's not afraid to go into the greasy areas of the rink. He's going to be a nice player, just needs to continue to work on his shot.

- Ashley gets to frustrated out there and takes some bad penalties. Really important player for Halifax, doing himself and his team absolutely no favours hooking people and being a pest around the net.

- The defense core is work in progress. I like Hardie's two way game and I think he's solid. Murphy is much improved (especially physically) from last time I saw him play in person. Duke is "meh" but that's what I expected. I though Lussier played fairly well when he was asked to take a lot of the load after Weegar went down.

- Weegar really is the only truly offensive minded D-man they have (unless Jaques plays). He's the only guy that seems to want to shoot on the powerplay and he rushes the puck well end-to-end. If he's out for an extended period of time, Hardie is really going to have to step up carrying the puck.

- Halifax lacks some important grit. Groulx knows that he has a big, ugly, team and missing Poirier really made them a greasy unit. Instead they intimidated Halifax for most of the night. Groulx knew that Halifax didn't have anyone to handle Sheppard and he put him on the ice all night to go after guys. He got Weegar out of the game, forced Moynihan to take a penalty and intimidated guys like Meier all night... Missing Trey Lewis really sucks when you need an intimidator that can go beat life out of someone. That's why I think Fournier was such a HUGE loss. He'd fight anyone in the Q and he went hard to the net and was tough to move. Halifax doesn't have that guy this year and that's really costing them right now.

Last edited by IrishInOntario: 10-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old
10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
MikeyP

Thanks for the summary Irish.

Quote:
Just got back from the game...

- Weegar's injury really hurt Halifax. It's a sprain (saw him after the game) and he was on crutches. They'll get a better look at it tomorrow when the swelling goes down. He hurt it in a fight with Sheppard. He laid a big hit earlier in the game and Sheppard went after him. Groulx put Sheppard on the ice every single shift until Weegar dropped the gloves. They went down awkwardly, with Sheppard on top. Weegar's leg got twisted underneath him.
Missing Lewis, Falkenham and now Weegar is going to hurt us quite a bit.

Quote:
- The team sorely lacks a shot on the power play. Drouin looks completely uninspired to play and even when he's working hard, he does not belong on the point on the PP. He simply does not have the shot to play that role. A far cry from last year when Konrad and Frk were unloading bombs from up high. Drouin belongs on the side wall, where he can be creative cross-crease.
Yeah he looks out of place on the point. As I mentioned, too much cycling, not enough shooting.

Quote:
- Ehlers can really skate, he's fun to watch. Works on to backcheck too and despite not being the biggest guy, he's not afraid to go into the greasy areas of the rink. He's going to be a nice player, just needs to continue to work on his shot.
Told ya... "D

Quote:
- Ashley gets to frustrated out there and takes some bad penalties. Really important player for Halifax, doing himself and his team absolutely no favours hooking people and being a pest around the net.
He has been noticeable on his return this year for this sort of thing and I don't like it one bit. As the injured list continues to grow, we are going to need his level of skill on the ice, not causing us to be on the PK.

Quote:
- The defense core is work in progress. I like Hardie's two way game and I think he's solid. Murphy is much improved (especially physically) from last time I saw him play in person. Duke is "meh" but that's what I expected. I though Lussier played fairly well when he was asked to take a lot of the load after Weegar went down.

- Weegar really is the only truly offensive minded D-man they have (unless Jaques plays). He's the only guy that seems to want to shoot on the powerplay and he rushes the puck well end-to-end. If he's out for an extended period of time, Hardie is really going to have to step up carrying the puck.
Our D is pretty decent overall - even without Lewis. I like Lussier; Jacques is doing OK, he is also new so I am willing to give him a pass. As noted Duke is a sore point for me personally. I would not miss him if they sent him packing - way too many weak plays in our own end.

Quote:
- Halifax lacks some important grit. Groulx knows that he has a big, ugly, team and missing Poirier really made them a greasy unit. Instead they intimidated Halifax for most of the night. Groulx knew that Halifax didn't have anyone to handle Sheppard and he put him on the ice all night to go after guys. He got Weegar out of the game, forced Moynihan to take a penalty and intimidated guys like Meier all night... Missing Trey Lewis really sucks when you need an intimidator that can go beat life out of someone. That's why I think Fournier was such a HUGE loss. He'd fight anyone in the Q and he went hard to the net and was tough to move. Halifax doesn't have that guy this year and that's really costing them right now.
That's unfortunate. I hate goon teams. Agreed on Fournier - I think I miss Fournier (dirty spots,tough guy) and Frk (point shot) more than MacKinnon this year.

So who/what is this Sheppard you speak of - he sounds like some kind of monster.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Roz

Weegar update:

Quote:
Weegar out 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain suffered last night in 5-2 loss #injurybug

Old
10-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
I will take the 2-4 weeks then what I initially thought. People were saying it was his knee and I was thinking acl/mcl damage or something.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I will take the 2-4 weeks then what I initially thought. People were saying it was his knee and I was thinking acl/mcl damage or something.
Oh, for sure. But you know our team's cursed when "yay, only 2-4 weeks!" is some of the better news we've heard all year, lol.

The Herald doesn't have footage of the actual accident, but they do show Weegar getting helped off the ice by Ciampini and Drouin in the second video down here. Vincent Dunn hanging around him like a gnat. Of course.

Closed Thread