HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
  #401
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500



Dasachtach is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
  #402
MikeyP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I like Meier. He is pretty raw at the moment, but shows flashes of his potential. He can bury the puck and will crash the net, something that the guy he is replacing on the top line doesn't know how to do.

He was stuck with the Moynihan's who also seemed to quiet down quite a bit. I'm glad he's been given this shot and succeeding thus far.
Yeah the Moynihans have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as of late...

MikeyP is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 02:28 PM
  #403
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Jacob Jacques has legit nice legs, lol.

Quote:
Yeah the Moynihans have turned out to be a bit of a disappointment as of late...
I'm not too worried about them. They've been playing well and working really hard but just haven't had any puck luck. They have at least one or two high quality scoring chances every game, though, and I think the points will follow soon enough.

Roz is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 03:37 PM
  #404
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post


There are more



From Danny Moynihans' Twitter.

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 07:17 PM
  #405
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post


I see someone skips leg day!

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 07:26 PM
  #406
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Darcy Ashley named QMJHL first star of the week.

Nice to see someone on our team not named Ehlers/Fucale/Drouin get noticed, lol.

Roz is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:36 PM
  #407
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,811
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I see someone skips leg day!
Chest day every day clearly

Good for Darcy. He's a man possessed this season.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline  
Old
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
  #408
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Weegar, Drouin, and Fucale named to the Super Series roster.

Roz is offline  
Old
10-29-2013, 10:15 AM
  #409
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/arti...g-for-a-mascot

Mooseheads are looking for someone to be the new Hal.

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-29-2013, 12:14 PM
  #410
MikeyP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
that explains Hal's absences/slackness Saturday night

MikeyP is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:06 PM
  #411
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 884
vCash: 500
That is one damn fine roster. I really hope they put Drouin and Mantha on the same line, could be a preview of the world juniors.

bigdirty is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
  #412
IrishInOntario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
I'll be at the game tonight in Gatineau. There is a big group of us coming from Ottawa to watch Mack Weegar and the boys play. I'm really interested in watching Poirier play as well. When Halifax came to town last year, he was all but invisible for the Gatineau, but that was obviously a very skilled Halifax team. I'm expecting a really fast-paced games tonight.

Gatineau's head coach, Benoit Groulx, was named as the QMJHL's head coach for the Subway Super Series, with Ducharme as his assistant. Drouin, Weegar, Fucale and Poirier have all been selected to play.

Groulx will also be one of Sutter's assistant coaches for the World Junior Team this year. The game tonight will give Fucale a nice, in person, opportunity to audition in front of one of the WJHC coaches.

Lets Go Moose!

IrishInOntario is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
  #413
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
I'll be at the game tonight in Gatineau. There is a big group of us coming from Ottawa to watch Mack Weegar and the boys play. I'm really interested in watching Poirier play as well. When Halifax came to town last year, he was all but invisible for the Gatineau, but that was obviously a very skilled Halifax team. I'm expecting a really fast-paced games tonight.
Awesome! Jesse Lussier's from the Ottawa area too. I don't know if he's playing or not but hopefully he'll have a nice contingent there as well.

Porier's been suspended for tonight's game for an illegal check to the head vs. Quebec.

Roz is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
  #414
IrishInOntario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
That really sucks to hear about Porier! I was really looking forward to getting a second look at him. I really want to know what all the hype is about.

IrishInOntario is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 01:08 PM
  #415
IrishInOntario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Really excited to see Ehlers play in person tonight as well... He's looked pretty crafty from what I've seen on TV, but I'm excited to see him up close. I've heard he has really good wheels, I guess we'll see tonight.

With Poirier out, I'm gonna say 5-3 Moose tonight!

IrishInOntario is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 02:48 PM
  #416
MikeyP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
Really excited to see Ehlers play in person tonight as well... He's looked pretty crafty from what I've seen on TV, but I'm excited to see him up close. I've heard he has really good wheels, I guess we'll see tonight.
He does. Very fast and silky smooth skater with great moves, very tricky. He is probably the most fun Moose to watch on the ice frankly. He kind of skates like Drouin stickhandles, if that makes sense.

MikeyP is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 04:08 PM
  #417
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Hey, we're back in the Top 10!

Roz is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  #418
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Lines and pairings tonight. Lussier's back!

Meier - Drouin - Ashley
Ryan - Andrews - Ehlers
C. Moynihan - D. Moynihan - Ciampini
Watt - Lindsay - Alcalde

Murphy - Lussier
Hardie - Weegar
Duke - Lovell

Fucale
Darveau

So that leaves Shewfelt, Leblanc, and Jacques as the scratches.

Roz is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  #419
HC Bienne
@llopesso19
 
HC Bienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bienne, Swiss
Country: Portugal
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Next week Greg Button comes to see the boy Ehlers.

HC Bienne is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 07:58 PM
  #420
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Weegar's just been helped off the ice, putting no weight on his right leg. What spirits did we anger this season?

Roz is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 10:11 PM
  #421
IrishInOntario
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Just got back from the game...

- Weegar's injury really hurt Halifax. It's a sprain (saw him after the game) and he was on crutches. They'll get a better look at it tomorrow when the swelling goes down. He hurt it in a fight with Sheppard. He laid a big hit earlier in the game and Sheppard went after him. Groulx put Sheppard on the ice every single shift until Weegar dropped the gloves. They went down awkwardly, with Sheppard on top. Weegar's leg got twisted underneath him.

Other thoughts...

- The team sorely lacks a shot on the power play. Drouin looks completely uninspired to play and even when he's working hard, he does not belong on the point on the PP. He simply does not have the shot to play that role. A far cry from last year when Konrad and Frk were unloading bombs from up high. Drouin belongs on the side wall, where he can be creative cross-crease.

- Ehlers can really skate, he's fun to watch. Works on to backcheck too and despite not being the biggest guy, he's not afraid to go into the greasy areas of the rink. He's going to be a nice player, just needs to continue to work on his shot.

- Ashley gets to frustrated out there and takes some bad penalties. Really important player for Halifax, doing himself and his team absolutely no favours hooking people and being a pest around the net.

- The defense core is work in progress. I like Hardie's two way game and I think he's solid. Murphy is much improved (especially physically) from last time I saw him play in person. Duke is "meh" but that's what I expected. I though Lussier played fairly well when he was asked to take a lot of the load after Weegar went down.

- Weegar really is the only truly offensive minded D-man they have (unless Jaques plays). He's the only guy that seems to want to shoot on the powerplay and he rushes the puck well end-to-end. If he's out for an extended period of time, Hardie is really going to have to step up carrying the puck.

- Halifax lacks some important grit. Groulx knows that he has a big, ugly, team and missing Poirier really made them a greasy unit. Instead they intimidated Halifax for most of the night. Groulx knew that Halifax didn't have anyone to handle Sheppard and he put him on the ice all night to go after guys. He got Weegar out of the game, forced Moynihan to take a penalty and intimidated guys like Meier all night... Missing Trey Lewis really sucks when you need an intimidator that can go beat life out of someone. That's why I think Fournier was such a HUGE loss. He'd fight anyone in the Q and he went hard to the net and was tough to move. Halifax doesn't have that guy this year and that's really costing them right now.


Last edited by IrishInOntario: 10-30-2013 at 10:17 PM.
IrishInOntario is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
  #422
MikeyP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Thanks for the summary Irish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
Just got back from the game...

- Weegar's injury really hurt Halifax. It's a sprain (saw him after the game) and he was on crutches. They'll get a better look at it tomorrow when the swelling goes down. He hurt it in a fight with Sheppard. He laid a big hit earlier in the game and Sheppard went after him. Groulx put Sheppard on the ice every single shift until Weegar dropped the gloves. They went down awkwardly, with Sheppard on top. Weegar's leg got twisted underneath him.
Missing Lewis, Falkenham and now Weegar is going to hurt us quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
- The team sorely lacks a shot on the power play. Drouin looks completely uninspired to play and even when he's working hard, he does not belong on the point on the PP. He simply does not have the shot to play that role. A far cry from last year when Konrad and Frk were unloading bombs from up high. Drouin belongs on the side wall, where he can be creative cross-crease.
Yeah he looks out of place on the point. As I mentioned, too much cycling, not enough shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
- Ehlers can really skate, he's fun to watch. Works on to backcheck too and despite not being the biggest guy, he's not afraid to go into the greasy areas of the rink. He's going to be a nice player, just needs to continue to work on his shot.
Told ya... "D

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
- Ashley gets to frustrated out there and takes some bad penalties. Really important player for Halifax, doing himself and his team absolutely no favours hooking people and being a pest around the net.
He has been noticeable on his return this year for this sort of thing and I don't like it one bit. As the injured list continues to grow, we are going to need his level of skill on the ice, not causing us to be on the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
- The defense core is work in progress. I like Hardie's two way game and I think he's solid. Murphy is much improved (especially physically) from last time I saw him play in person. Duke is "meh" but that's what I expected. I though Lussier played fairly well when he was asked to take a lot of the load after Weegar went down.

- Weegar really is the only truly offensive minded D-man they have (unless Jaques plays). He's the only guy that seems to want to shoot on the powerplay and he rushes the puck well end-to-end. If he's out for an extended period of time, Hardie is really going to have to step up carrying the puck.
Our D is pretty decent overall - even without Lewis. I like Lussier; Jacques is doing OK, he is also new so I am willing to give him a pass. As noted Duke is a sore point for me personally. I would not miss him if they sent him packing - way too many weak plays in our own end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInOntario View Post
- Halifax lacks some important grit. Groulx knows that he has a big, ugly, team and missing Poirier really made them a greasy unit. Instead they intimidated Halifax for most of the night. Groulx knew that Halifax didn't have anyone to handle Sheppard and he put him on the ice all night to go after guys. He got Weegar out of the game, forced Moynihan to take a penalty and intimidated guys like Meier all night... Missing Trey Lewis really sucks when you need an intimidator that can go beat life out of someone. That's why I think Fournier was such a HUGE loss. He'd fight anyone in the Q and he went hard to the net and was tough to move. Halifax doesn't have that guy this year and that's really costing them right now.
That's unfortunate. I hate goon teams. Agreed on Fournier - I think I miss Fournier (dirty spots,tough guy) and Frk (point shot) more than MacKinnon this year.

So who/what is this Sheppard you speak of - he sounds like some kind of monster.

MikeyP is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 12:24 PM
  #423
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Weegar update:

Quote:
Weegar out 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain suffered last night in 5-2 loss #injurybug

Roz is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 12:46 PM
  #424
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
I will take the 2-4 weeks then what I initially thought. People were saying it was his knee and I was thinking acl/mcl damage or something.

Dgill is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 01:11 PM
  #425
Roz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I will take the 2-4 weeks then what I initially thought. People were saying it was his knee and I was thinking acl/mcl damage or something.
Oh, for sure. But you know our team's cursed when "yay, only 2-4 weeks!" is some of the better news we've heard all year, lol.

The Herald doesn't have footage of the actual accident, but they do show Weegar getting helped off the ice by Ciampini and Drouin in the second video down here. Vincent Dunn hanging around him like a gnat. Of course.

Roz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.