*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2013, 11:41 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
So as of now, if Duke is out and Andrews is our 3rd 20, who's our 6th D-Man?

Bailey was fine as a 7th/8th depth. Any chance JP Provancher (sp) comes in and takes the 6/7 spot? Anyone see him play?
I'm not sure how much he's progressed this season but , he was very very raw at Moncton's Camp. Needed a lot of work with his skating and foot speed. Although a giant, didn't use his size effectively nor was he mean. Positioning seemed to be in question too , hard time reading plays and needed to be better without the puck etc etc. This was almost a year ago now though and it was training camp so there was basically no chemistry in the scrimmages. Another interesting thing to note is they tried him on the wing a bit , may because he'd adjust to major junior better as a forward.

Old
06-05-2013, 11:40 PM
RJQuack

Andre Burakovsky rumoured to be coming ove to NA.... If so, yes please if we could get him.. who knows, but then you think of this as the best case scenario...

Ryan - Drouin/Ashley - Burakovsky
Ciampini - Andrews - Ashley
Courville - Lindsay - Falkenham
Alcalde - Pye - Blanchard

Lewis - Weegar
Hardie - Murphy
Lovell - Bailey
Provencher

That's not including the other euro and whoever our 2nd rounders are, if they can make the jump... Hopefully Stef Fournier's brother lol.

No clue on who/will they report when it comes to euros, just a big name being thrown around as he should be a top 20 pick in this years NHL draft... I also think we're likely to go 1 F and 1 D after the success we got from our last euro blueliner, which is hard to find... Our postional need suggests 2 forwards, but we shall see.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:44 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Provencher will never, ever be a Q calibre defenseman IMO, especially on a strong team. He is the opposite of what you want from a guy his size, he's weak on the puck, doesn't play physically, and my 10 year old nephew can take a better shot. He is definitely a project, and I think last year a lot of Moncton folks were overhyping him simply because he's 6'7 or 6'8.

Old
06-06-2013, 09:56 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Burakovsky would be a big acquisition, Jordan Ty Fournier doesn't have the same offensive skill set as Stefan, but you guys will still like him.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:07 PM
angry pirate

Well it is definitely too early to tell if the Mooseheads got any top talent from this draft, and we definitely won't cause any big market/small market controversy with any of our picks this year.

That said, does anyone have any info on the American kids we drafted?

Old
06-09-2013, 03:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Well it is definitely too early to tell if the Mooseheads got any top talent from this draft, and we definitely won't cause any big market/small market controversy with any of our picks this year.

That said, does anyone have any info on the American kids we drafted?
Here's their EP pages:
Connor Moynihan
Bob Carpenter

Here's highlights of Moynihan, seemingly created by himself:

He's apparently committed to coming next year.

He and Carpenter were teammates on the Middlesex Islanders Minor Midget team and Carpenter is the son of Bobby Carpenter, who was selected third overall in the 1981 NHL Draft out of high school and played in the league the following year.

Old
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Libbs

I certainly approve of the jam Moynihan brings. We can definitely use a good power forward. Physical, can skate, and has some decent hands. Great pick for sure.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Andre Burakovsky rumoured to be coming ove to NA.... If so, yes please if we could get him.. who knows, but then you think of this as the best case scenario...

Ryan - Drouin/Ashley - Burakovsky
Ciampini - Andrews - Ashley
Courville - Lindsay - Falkenham
Alcalde - Pye - Blanchard

Lewis - Weegar
Hardie - Murphy
Lovell - Bailey
Provencher

That's not including the other euro and whoever our 2nd rounders are, if they can make the jump... Hopefully Stef Fournier's brother lol.

No clue on who/will they report when it comes to euros, just a big name being thrown around as he should be a top 20 pick in this years NHL draft... I also think we're likely to go 1 F and 1 D after the success we got from our last euro blueliner, which is hard to find... Our postional need suggests 2 forwards, but we shall see.
If you get the Major Midget brandon pye. Hes gonna be one hell of a fourth liner

Old
06-10-2013, 09:07 AM
HFX902

Where will the Moose rank 2013-2014?

your opinion

Old
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Top 5

Old
06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
markrander87

Surprised that all of you do not have Ryan - Andrews - Falkenham on a line together next year. They were absolute dynamite together during the playoffs and would be an elite 2nd/3rd line.

I realize you may want to "spread their defensive play around" but the chemistry they showed together was undeniable.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:36 PM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
Surprised that all of you do not have Ryan - Andrews - Falkenham on a line together next year. They were absolute dynamite together during the playoffs and would be an elite 2nd/3rd line.

I realize you may want to "spread their defensive play around" but the chemistry they showed together was undeniable.
I'd be all for seeing that line together next season. The only reason I could see against it would be if they wanted to use Ryan and Andrews more as scoring forwards, and Falkenham as a pure shutdown guy.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
HFX902

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Top 5
Nice! Id say its going to be a good season for Armada and Rimouski

Old
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
Nice! Id say its going to be a good season for Armada and Rimouski
Rimouski will walk through the league. IMO.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Don't count out Baie Comeau and Gatineau either.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Raimu

Plus I think Halifax has enough pieces back from last year I don't think anybody is "Walking over" us. If we're going to go down in a playoff series we're gonna put up a hell of a fight.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Plus I think Halifax has enough pieces back from last year I don't think anybody is "Walking over" us. If we're going to go down in a playoff series we're gonna put up a hell of a fight.
Especially when one of those returning pieces is the top goalie in the Q. Fucale can keep us competitive almost by himself. Not to mention we've got a lot of returning players who now know what it takes to win championships.

And then we've also got the best coach in junior hockey. Mooseheads probably won't be at the top of the standings, but I guarantee nobody will want to play us in the first round of the playoffs.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Raimu

As strong as Rimouski looks to be, I think it will be pretty competitive in the top half of the league. Quebec, Gatineau, Baie-Commeau, even like Val'Dor and Charlettown are going to make things interesting. Rimouski doesn't have a Crosby, nor does anyone really. I think all bets are off when it comes to the playoffs.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Rimouski will load up, BAC too, QC is going for next year.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:30 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
I posted this little titbit regarding Andre Burakovsky a few weeks ago:
"From what i know of him, he has superb natural goal scoring ability.
His key asset is his blazing wrist shot and one timer, and has that scorers knack of making sure he is in the right place at the right time.
I also read that he can also shift, with apparent high speed that can leave the D trailing.

This time last year he was considered to be perhaps the 3rd best Euro, behind Barkov and Nikushkin, and in an interview, expressed that he was only interested in the leaving Sweden for the NHL, not the CHL.

However, word came out over the last few weeks that he was not guaranteed a spot on the "first team" next year, which, I believe would derail his development.( it is not uncommon for young players, who have excelled at Junior level, to travel with the seniors, only to sit on the bench for long stretches)

From the newly arrived "Hockey News Draft Guide", (which lists him at #17) he measures 6`2, 176Ilbs...."his skills from the blue line in, are great, good hands, shot and scoring ability...when hes "on" he can change the pace of a game..."

I am really (really) excited, as from the interview last year, I had given up hope of him crossing to the CHL.
Im not sure if that`s still going to happen, but love the thought of being able to listen into his games..."

Old
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
HFX902

Well season tickets go on sale next Monday. Where are your seats?

Old
06-14-2013, 09:51 AM
gboyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
Well season tickets go on sale next Monday. Where are your seats?
Section 27, Row P. Sat in section 3 row P last year but was in the middle of the section and prefer the end

Old
06-14-2013, 12:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
I posted this little titbit regarding Andre Burakovsky a few weeks ago:
"From what i know of him, he has superb natural goal scoring ability.
His key asset is his blazing wrist shot and one timer, and has that scorers knack of making sure he is in the right place at the right time.
I also read that he can also shift, with apparent high speed that can leave the D trailing.

This time last year he was considered to be perhaps the 3rd best Euro, behind Barkov and Nikushkin, and in an interview, expressed that he was only interested in the leaving Sweden for the NHL, not the CHL.

However, word came out over the last few weeks that he was not guaranteed a spot on the "first team" next year, which, I believe would derail his development.( it is not uncommon for young players, who have excelled at Junior level, to travel with the seniors, only to sit on the bench for long stretches)

From the newly arrived "Hockey News Draft Guide", (which lists him at #17) he measures 6`2, 176Ilbs...."his skills from the blue line in, are great, good hands, shot and scoring ability...when hes "on" he can change the pace of a game..."

I am really (really) excited, as from the interview last year, I had given up hope of him crossing to the CHL.
Im not sure if that`s still going to happen, but love the thought of being able to listen into his games..."
He'll likely go 1st if he comes over.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:22 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
He'll likely go 1st if he comes over.
No, 6th

Old
06-16-2013, 08:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity