Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 944
The Mooseheads need more toughness. Our better players are taking a pounding this year.

Miss Lewis and Fournier!

Old
12-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 944
Team Canada has to be concerned.

Old
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
always fun in the rink when the Remparts are in town... There's just a tradition, or mutual hate for one another, amongst the players and fanbases .... at least ours... Probably because you don't see too many players act the way Quebec's do.

Every call was argued, even when weegar and Erne were wrestling on the ground, Donnelly (a player with a reputation already) comes in and is obviously the 3rd man in and tries to start something, and looks at the ref like ... "Who, ME?!" ... Then guys like Archambault, Caron-Roy and Turnbull who are just annoying to play against and play on that edge... Quebec players have been like this the past couple years, perhaps stemming from veterans like Frederick Roy and Mikeal Tam whose antics proved to hurt the team and couldn't control their emotions... See 2012 series against Halifax, lol.

Sorenson... Wow. The play for those who saw speaks for itself, no need for comment. Funny thing is, he would be playing with Ehlers in a few weeks for the Danish U-20 team, no? Hopefully, and rightfully, should be suspended for a good chunk of games... Already has the automatic one from the Match penalty he was given, but deserves more. Ditto for Erne. Both deserve long suspensions but I can see the Remparts weaseling their way out of it lol.

As for the game other than all the grease, was horrendous on D... quebec never really set up in our end... Really though, all their goals, and about 7 of their shots came from clear breaks... left Fucale out to dry.... Hardie is a really good defenseman, and it's becoming apparent this year. logged about 30 minutes tonight (guessing with all the penalties, injuries) and plays a solid stay-at-home game and makes a good first pass... Takes no ****, and layed a great hip-check on Turnbull.

Last home game with Drouin, Ehlers and Fucale... Add that to Ryan and now Murphy down (Drouin too) and it makes for a tough Christmas break schedule. We keep missing chances to move up on Blainville when they lose, but 1 point is good enough I guess...

Old
12-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Canada4Gold1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebesthockey View Post
It's clear that it's a hit from behind from whatever angle you look at it. Don't know what Erne was talking about after the game. Made him look completely clueless.

As for the announcer calling it a 10 minute misconduct was completely ridiculous.

Old
12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
As for the announcer calling it a 10 minute misconduct was completely ridiculous.
The clip is cut kind of oddly - he's actually talking about the misconducts on Weegar, Ashley, and Archambault for everything that came after the hit.

Old
12-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Libbs

“He wasn’t far from the boards and I pushed him pretty hard

So he's blaming Drouin for not landing his cheap shot properly

“I thought it was a dive and I thought everybody else did, too. I wouldn’t have even gotten a penalty if he didn’t dive into the boards.”

This has to the be the single dumbest thing I have ever heard a player say.

Erne is nothing but a coward.

Old
12-07-2013, 11:34 AM
RJQuack

Quebec have the ability to upset, and if they stay around midpack but with home ice, I really want them to play us in the playoffs... That would be a blast, just like the last time... Never a dull moment... Hopefully both teams will be healthy lol.

Old
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Roz

Jo won't be playing tomorrow, and Matt's out two weeks.

Last edited by Roz: 12-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old
12-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Roz

No suspension for Erne, and Sorensen's cross-check has been lowered to a game misconduct, so no suspension for him either.

I can't imagine what's going through Darcy Ashley's mind right now.

Old
12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Dgill

I would love to know the rational behind this horrible decision. How does Dauphin get six games and Erne get none? Does the team you play for really matter that much?

Old
12-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I would love to know the rational behind this horrible decision. How does Dauphin get six games and Erne get none?
The decision on Sorensen is equally as baffling. Ashley got 4 playoff games in 2012 for cross checking a dude in the face. Saab got a match penalty for accidentally catching Drouin's face with a cross-check in last year's playoffs.

To not give Sorensen additional time is one thing, but to actually downgrade his penalty to a game misconduct? I'd love to hear how they came to that decision.

Old
12-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
The decision on Sorensen is equally as baffling. Ashley got 4 playoff games in 2012 for cross checking a dude in the face. Saab got a match penalty for accidentally catching Drouin's face with a cross-check in last year's playoffs.

To not give Sorensen additional time is one thing, but to actually downgrade his penalty to a game misconduct? I'd love to hear how they came to that decision.
It just doesn't make sense. Everyone should email rbolduc@lhjmq.qc.ca and voice their frustrations. I already have.

Old
12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
markrander87

Adam Erne looks like a blonde Rosie O'Donnell.

Old
12-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Roz

Willy posted the video of Ashley's cross-check back in 2011. I hadn't watched it in awhile. It really is almost identical to Sorensen's.

Ashley's, 10 seconds in:

Sorensen's, 25 seconds in.

He's also scored 2 goals tonight. Charming.

Old
12-07-2013, 06:23 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I would love to know the rational behind this horrible decision. How does Dauphin get six games and Erne get none? Does the team you play for really matter that much?

I got nothin'. Indefensible that Erne wasn't suspended for that hit.

Old
12-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

The Remparts are still the Q's baby.

Old
12-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Libbs

Wow......

Old
12-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser

Mooseheads need a goon.

Old
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
The Q is so horribly ran

Old
12-07-2013, 11:08 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
The Remparts are still the Q's baby.
Maybe Paddy is still pulling some strings lol..

remember Gabe Desjardins on Cuzner in the playoffs in 2012 that also caused concussion? ... yeah, I'm not surprised by anything bolduc comes up with..

Old
12-08-2013, 07:43 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
The Mooseheads need more toughness. Our better players are taking a pounding this year.

Miss Lewis and Fournier!
Kyle Haas should be available. He can take a regular shift and be used as a forward or defenceman.

6th round pick fair ?

Old
12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Roz

This afternoon's lines are out:

Ehlers - Ashley - Ryan
Meier - Andrews - Shewfelt
Connor - Danny - Ciampini
Lindsay - Leblanc - Watt
Alcalde

Hardie - Weegar
Duke - Lussier
Jacques - Lovell

Fucale
Darveau

Nice promotion for Shewfelt. Ryan will be a game time decision.

Old
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Roz

Moose win. No one got injured. Fournier and Abeltshauser get their first AHL goals. Good day.

Meanwhile, Cam Russell went there:

Quote:
“My reaction? It goes beyond disappointment,” Russell said. “You have two separate plays and two players breaking the rules. There’s one player hitting another player from behind — clearly from behind — and our player going headfirst into the boards, being cut under the eye, missing the rest of the game and the next game, minimum, with a concussion. And no suspension.

“Then you have Darcy Ashley cross-checked in the throat on purpose and once he goes down, he’s cross-checked again while he’s on the ice. And no suspension. I remember two years ago Darcy Ashley doing the same play and getting four games. It was almost identical to what Sorensen did and Darcy was suspended.

“And the player who hit Jonathan Drouin is a repeat offender. Cameron Critchlow got more of a suspension for apparently removing a guy’s helmet, which you can’t even see on the video replay, in the playoffs two years ago and he received more of a suspension. It doesn’t make sense to me. We’re supposed to be protecting all of our players and I don’t see that happening.”
Quote:
Russell and Mooseheads majority owner Bobby Smith will explore their options for an appeal, but both know there is very little that can be done now.

“That’s something Bobby and I will talk more about and we’ll talk to the league again,” Russell said. “But I can yell and scream and stomp my feet, but at the end of the day it accomplishes nothing. All I can say is I’m baffled and extremely disappointed with the decision. I cannot understand it for a minute.”
Also says that Drouin will be re-evaluated Tuesday but said that two weeks is probably the absolute minimum he'll be out.

Last edited by Roz: 12-08-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
Moose win. No one got injured. Fournier and Abeltshauser get their first AHL goals. Good day.

Meanwhile, Cam Russell went there:

Also says that Drouin will be re-evaluated Tuesday but said that two weeks is probably the absolute minimum he'll be out.
Oh wow. Those are some great quotes with a lot of rational and truth behind them. It will certainly be interesting to see what the Q responds with.

Old
12-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Libbs

It will most definitely be worth the fine. It shows the players that their GM and owner are willing to stand up for them and their safety... regardless on how crooked the league is.

Closed Thread