HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2013, 09:11 PM
  #51
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
Well season tickets go on sale next Monday. Where are your seats?
Section 6 Row Q Seat 2

Patmac40 is online now  
Old
06-17-2013, 07:42 PM
  #52
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
If we bought the 16 game playoff pack, our season tickets were automatically renewed, right? Just asking because I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

Sec 7, Row M, Seat 15

Libbs is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 03:44 PM
  #53
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
So it looks like we've got our two new import players:

Nikolaj Ehlers - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=66581


Timo Meier - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=95921


I don't suppose anyone here follows the Swiss junior league?

Interesting to see that Ehlers actually spent some time playing in the NLA this season. It might not be the most competitive league in the world, but that's still quite an accomplishment for a 17 year old.

bigdirty is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
  #54
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
A center... Phew.

Ryan - Ehlers - Ashley
Ciampini - Andrews - Meier
Lacroix - Lindsay - Falkenham
Alcalde - Moynihan/Fortier/Watt/Pye

Shewfelt would surely make this team if he wanted to play in the Q. I don't think we will have any shortage of good Q calibre players, but top scoring seems to be an issue... A couple moves, or a Drouin away drom being a top contender again.

Lewis - Weegar
Murphy - Hardie
Lovell - Ford/Lovell

*Duke

D looks fine, if we want to win, acquire another top 3/4 D-man to make it look closer to last years.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 02:15 AM
  #55
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser
 
Domhnall Dubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,734
vCash: 500

Domhnall Dubh is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 06:43 AM
  #56
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
If you guys want info on Ehlers just ask.. Or else check out his own thread.. We made one for him some time back

he is a gem, that is for sure.. and he is already considered an NHL 1st rounder for the 2014 draft.

Ehlers was 16 when he debued in the Swiss Pro league.. And he scored as one of the youngest ever. he will participating in next years U18WJC top flight.

The Swiss U20 elite league which he was in the top 10 scoring, was also the same league Bärtschi tore up and they had comparable numbers. and both played for crap teams with little help and were much younger than everybody else on the list. I wouldn't expect him to come over and play bottom six roles, as he has already accepted a pro contract to play in Biel. He will come over, but Russel has promised him top 6 according to Danish media.. If not, he will surely stay in the NLA.

It says a lot about a player, if a pro team REALLY wants him at age 17! Biel are hoping he wont go.


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 07-04-2013 at 06:50 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:48 AM
  #57
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,158
vCash: 500
I wouldn't say no in this case. Halifax can really surround him, and he gets to play against players his own age while adjusting to the NA game.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:54 AM
  #58
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I wouldn't say no in this case. Halifax can really surround him, and he gets to play against players his own age while adjusting to the NA game.
It has been confirmed that we will be joining you guys in August

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 03:19 PM
  #59
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
If you guys want info on Ehlers just ask.. Or else check out his own thread.. We made one for him some time back

he is a gem, that is for sure.. and he is already considered an NHL 1st rounder for the 2014 draft.

Ehlers was 16 when he debued in the Swiss Pro league.. And he scored as one of the youngest ever. he will participating in next years U18WJC top flight.

The Swiss U20 elite league which he was in the top 10 scoring, was also the same league Bärtschi tore up and they had comparable numbers. and both played for crap teams with little help and were much younger than everybody else on the list. I wouldn't expect him to come over and play bottom six roles, as he has already accepted a pro contract to play in Biel. He will come over, but Russel has promised him top 6 according to Danish media.. If not, he will surely stay in the NLA.

It says a lot about a player, if a pro team REALLY wants him at age 17! Biel are hoping he wont go.
Yeah, literally a minute after I posted I found the thread on Ehlers. Sounds like one hell of a player. Apparently Cam Russel went to Switzerland a few months back to watch him and decided to go after him immediately.

Just reading about him has lifted my spirits after the whole mess with Jack Eichel.

bigdirty is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 03:25 PM
  #60
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Yeah, literally a minute after I posted I found the thread on Ehlers. Sounds like one hell of a player. Apparently Cam Russel went to Switzerland a few months back to watch him and decided to go after him immediately.

Just reading about him has lifted my spirits after the whole mess with Jack Eichel.
Haha, well from August, we will be looking to you guys for info and such

Im confident you will love him!

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 04:36 PM
  #61
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Nikolaj Ehlers ‏@NikolajEhlers27
Quote:
So proud to be a part of Halifax Mooseheads! Can't wait till August!

Libbs is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
  #62
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 1004
Canadiens Sign Stefan Fournier to Entry-Level Contract.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
  #63
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Canadiens Sign Stefan Fournier to Entry-Level Contract.
Well deserved!

Libbs is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 01:50 PM
  #64
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,549
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Canadiens Sign Stefan Fournier to Entry-Level Contract.
As a habs fan I love the signing

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 02:23 PM
  #65
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
So, seeing as Tampa signed Drouin, do you guys think he will get more than 9 games?

And what's the hey ho on MacKinnon?

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 03:16 PM
  #66
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
And what's the hey ho on MacKinnon?
MacKinnon should be in Colorado all season and it looks like they will start him off playing on the 3rd line with Jamie McGinn and Steve Downie.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  #67
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
So, seeing as Tampa signed Drouin, do you guys think he will get more than 9 games?

And what's the hey ho on MacKinnon?
He was going to be signed regardless. How long he stays up in the NHL will completely depend on him and his performance.

Libbs is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 04:02 PM
  #68
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
MacKinnon should be in Colorado all season and it looks like they will start him off playing on the 3rd line with Jamie McGinn and Steve Downie.
Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
He was going to be signed regardless. How long he stays up in the NHL will completely depend on him and his performance.
Well ofcourse, I should'of been more precise, how do you guys see him performing?
Do you think he will stick?

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 06:44 PM
  #69
Cut and Dry Sports
@TA_Stephenson
 
Cut and Dry Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Halifax NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Figures



Well ofcourse, I should'of been more precise, how do you guys see him performing?
Do you think he will stick?
I would put it at 95%

He would need to legitimately look bad, which won't happen unless Roy pulls a Steve Spott and trys to turn him into a 4th line checking winger. Nate is an offensive difference maker, he plays great defense, but he needs to start as the 2nd line center, and I believe that's exactly where they will put him.

IMO, he will step on the ice and be better then Stasney and O'Reilly. It's hard to imagine, but I really think people are under rating him as the hockey player he is, today.

Cut and Dry Sports is offline  
Old
07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
  #70
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
I would put it at 95%

He would need to legitimately look bad, which won't happen unless Roy pulls a Steve Spott and trys to turn him into a 4th line checking winger. Nate is an offensive difference maker, he plays great defense, but he needs to start as the 2nd line center, and I believe that's exactly where they will put him.

IMO, he will step on the ice and be better then Stasney and O'Reilly. It's hard to imagine, but I really think people are under rating him as the hockey player he is, today.
No not me, not at all! Nate is my fav player in the whole draft... I love what he brings, and REALLY want him to stick... It give me a reason to watch the lightning aswell.

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 10:46 AM
  #71
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 1004
Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the signing of free agent forward Stephen MacAulay to a one-year American Hockey League contract for the 2013-2014 season.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
  #72
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 1004
Nate just signed his entry level contract with the Avalanche.

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 06:40 AM
  #73
essence of phoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Hey everyone, this is my first year as a seasons ticket holder. Anyone have any suggestions on good parking areas for the games? As anyone here from Halifax knows, parking downtown is brutal and I'd prefer not to pay @ a parkade. Thanks.

essence of phoenix is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 07:05 AM
  #74
HFX902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by essence of phoenix View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first year as a seasons ticket holder. Anyone have any suggestions on good parking areas for the games? As anyone here from Halifax knows, parking downtown is brutal and I'd prefer not to pay @ a parkade. Thanks.
Come early park at a meter.. If not I know theirs "cheaper" parking near staples.

HFX902 is offline  
Old
07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
  #75
UncMike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
When does the season open?....how many games on the schedule are actually preseason games?

UncMike is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.