HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2014, 01:55 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 8)

Continued from....

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1583443

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
03-26-2014, 06:24 AM
superspitfan99

vCash: 500
As much as blame can be laid on players, last nights fiasco should solely lay on management, namely coaching staff. I can appreciate the frustration coach BB feels, but who in their right mind leaves a goalie in that long in game 3 of playoffs. If it was a message, that one should have been sent at trade deadline or earlier in the season.

And don't even get me started on the PP. If anyone here has read my posts, I have had an issue with that since the get go!!!😡

Last, to the fans. I get how it works... Your team is losing with no chance of comeback so you bail. Last night, these guys could have used a little of your support. Add insult to injury a less than stellar crowd to begin with, then they bail on the team!! Issues with management or not, these guys bust their ***** day in and day out for themselves and us the fans. Maybe we could show a little respect.

Old
03-26-2014, 06:37 AM
punch1943

Last Night's Game

There was much more to the game last night than the head chop by Knights goalie Anthony Stolarz and the sudden departure by Dalen Kuchmey. Unfortunately the timing of the announcement by the OHL regarding the suspension to DiGiacinto was very questionable at best.
But let's face it folks the series was over before it began when injuries decimated this young team and the management was shoved into force-feeding the top young talent in their farm system.
Nobody likes the result, but last nights game and the series so far should not have been unexpected by any Spit fan. There will be change, however ranting Off with their heads is not going to do it.
What will do it is Bums in the seats
Once everyone has calmed down just a tad there will be room for insightful discussion
Until then.....

Old
03-26-2014, 06:55 AM
soozilla

MOD
Anyway, at the time of writing this, I was unable to find out for how long or if at all, Stolarz's suspension is going to be. I guess we are really going to see how much Branch loves the Knights and wants them to win. If he was any other goalie on any other team, it would be a multi game suspension. I guess we will see. I feel sorry for the Spits, because I hate the Knights.

Last edited by SoupNazi: 03-26-2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Can't discuss that
Old
03-26-2014, 07:21 AM
BCJM76

LOL I love London fans saying the Spits use goon tactics. Windsor didn't swing a stick at a Knight last night but the Spits are goons.

Old
03-26-2014, 07:27 AM
joe97
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozilla View Post
MOD
Anyway, at the time of writing this, I was unable to find out for how long or if at all, Stolarz's suspension is going to be. I guess we are really going to see how much Branch loves the Knights and wants them to win. If he was any other goalie on any other team, it would be a multi game suspension. I guess we will see. I feel sorry for the Spits, because I hate the Knights.
Hey man I would not let it bother you. I live in London and you can't have a constructive Ohl conversation here. There is no hockey talk its how great the knights are. Anything else and the nose goes up and the insults start flying. The hunters corner the market in a bigger Ohl city where there is nothing else to do. The whole city pukes Knights green. Don't get me wrong there are good hockey guys here but most here on the site only see green. I started a new profile. Fresh start lol and got banned from the London site in four hours. So much for my fresh start lol. They will lose their third Memorial cup in a row and the whole league will be smiling because the arrogant lost again lol.

Last edited by SoupNazi: 03-26-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJM76 View Post
LOL I love London fans saying the Spits use goon tactics. Windsor didn't swing a stick at a Knight last night but the Spits are goons.
first thing u do is make sure kuchemy is ok ........windsor has been an overpriced ****SHOW for awhile now
my guess is this team will get sold soon ..u dont trade kirby and kocko/ebert....mid season if u cared ......the goalie was lilely sick and wantedc out of the net .
branch has to deal with ho sang /slash ......as a flagrant blow to the head ,anything else and he will lose all credibilty for years to come,the eyes of the nation are on SIR DAVID OF HUNTERLAND

Old
03-26-2014, 07:51 AM
soozilla

I hope you are right. I love seeing London lose!

Old
03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
youngblood10

Branch is going to look like an ass when he lets Stolarz off the hook. My crystal ball says Branch will cop out with:

A. Going with the score sheet and the call made by the officials on the ice stands. 2 minute minor for high sticking.

B. Stolarz is suspended for the remainder of the series.

C. The arbitrary disciplinary discounts will play very heavy in the justification ~ no injury on the play, first time offender.

Hunter liked the Bertuzzi / Moore comparison, does he remember Mcsorley / Brashear.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDk7jtNNhc

Old
03-26-2014, 09:07 AM
BCJM76

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
Branch is going to look like an ass when he lets Stolarz off the hook. My crystal ball says Branch will cop out with:

A. Going with the score sheet and the call made by the officials on the ice stands. 2 minute minor for high sticking.

C. The arbitrary disciplinary discounts will play very heavy in the justification ~ no injury on the play, first time offender.

Hunter liked the Bertuzzi / Moore comparison, does he remember Mcsorley / Brashear.
As I said before, I would like to know what Mr. Hunter has to say about the Stolarz incident. He had some pretty strong words when talking about what Digiacinto did.

Old
03-26-2014, 10:30 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post

Mark Hunter isn't just a great GM, his lobbying over the weekend helped DiGiacinto receive a 5 game suspension. Hunter should really consider a job as a lobbyist in the House of Commons. Boughner should do the same but he understands he isn't very well liked by Branch and certainly any lobbying will be heard on deaf ears. Remember though the Spits are the dirty team and the ones who promote goon tactics. Stolarz was the victim in all of this by getting tapped on his pads. Stolarz just meant to give Ho-Sang a tap on the leg but his stick levitated a bit and somehow hit Ho-Sang in the head.

Old
03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
massey

To sum up the missed calls.Caroll and Ferguson.Two of the worst refs in the OHL.Also throw in Parks and Myers.Sad but true.Hopefully Branch grows some melons to stop this nonsense.In season it would be 10 games.What is the difference now???

Old
03-26-2014, 10:43 AM
FOG Sports

Wonder if Branch will consult with his cohort in the Q on the Stolarz high stick incident??
Remember the headshot Adam Erne put on Jonathan Drouin in December that put Druion out with a concussion right before the World Juniors??

Penalty imposed by the QMJHL on one of their top players...... ZERO GAME Suspension

Press the spin cycle on this

Old
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOG Sports View Post
Wonder if Branch will consult with his cohort in the Q on the Stolarz high stick incident??
Remember the headshot Adam Erne put on Jonathan Drouin in December that put Druion out with a concussion right before the World Juniors??

Penalty imposed by the QMJHL on one of their top players...... ZERO GAME Suspension

Press the spin cycle on this
Don't forget Sorrensen's cross check to Ashley's throat.

Both players accused the Halifax players of diving... I'm expecting to hear that Ho Sang dove backwards into Stolarz's stick.

Old
03-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I'm expecting to hear that Ho Sang dove backwards into Stolarz's stick.
Are you kidding?..It's very obvious that Ho Sang was falling backwards due to hitting a patch of bad ice and Stolarz was trying help him brace his fall with his stick!

Old
03-26-2014, 11:28 AM
aresknights

I'll go with Wards account of events
Seriously, not a smart move from Stolie. It may hurt his teams chances next round.

Old
03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I'll go with Wards account of events
Seriously, not a smart move from Stolie. It may hurt his teams chances next round.
Really could be a disaster for the Knights if it's in the 5 to 10 games range.
Stolraz could conceivable miss the entire OHL playoffs and Memorial Cup games.

Old
03-26-2014, 11:52 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
There was much more to the game last night than the head chop by Knights goalie Anthony Stolarz and the sudden departure by Dalen Kuchmey. Unfortunately the timing of the announcement by the OHL regarding the suspension to DiGiacinto was very questionable at best.
But let's face it folks the series was over before it began when injuries decimated this young team and the management was shoved into force-feeding the top young talent in their farm system.
Nobody likes the result, but last nights game and the series so far should not have been unexpected by any Spit fan. There will be change, however ranting Off with their heads is not going to do it.
What will do it is Bums in the seats
Once everyone has calmed down just a tad there will be room for insightful discussion
Until then.....
The biggest issue is there are so many areas they need to address. That D is absolutely dreadful and if you delete Diodati and add Murphy that isn't necessarily an upgrade or downgrade more along the lines of a lateral move. You lose a bit on the defensive end but add a bit more offense and guy who can play on the PP. Of the current guys on the D in the playoffs there are 2 guys who clearly shouldn't be returning but the Spits have been awfully loyal to their guys the past few years.

Goaltending, well Kuchmey I feel bad that the guys in front of you quit but let's not forget that first goal you gave up in game 3 which was absolutely dreadful and he's given up 5 or 6 of those type of goals this year and numerous others that had a stench to them. Fotinos can return but only as a backup I think he would be perfect for that role. We can talk about him being hurt but his numbers right around Christmas until now has been awful and he isn't capable of being a #1 and running with it.

Overagers that group was a big upgrade over last year but they still did not collectively bring enough as a group. Janes was absolutely awful from game 1 to 68 and playoffs. Giftopolous pretty much disappeared the last 6 weeks. Diodati was probably the best of the OAs. The question is if guys like Vail and Johnson don't sign deals do you want those guys to return next year because they quit last night as well. I would rather see what I can get on the market for them and gather whatever assets I can because trades have to be made to help the defense and instead of just moving more assets(picks) out you can probably still be ahead or even if you move Vail or Johnson.

As for the draft. Forwards, forwards and more forwards.

Offseason

Delete
Kuchmey
Sanvido
Diodati
Bateman
Hughes
Yazkov
Janes
Cobham
Bilcke
Johnson
Vail
Giftopolous
Marchese
Milne

This organization needs an enema and for all the comments about the playoffs is a reward to the fans for the past couple years I think most would say that's taken a nasty turn for the worse.

Tweet from Kuchmey

https://twitter.com/kooch30/status/4...395200/photo/1

Old
03-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Are you kidding?..It's very obvious that Ho Sang was falling backwards due to hitting a patch of bad ice and Stolarz was trying help him brace his fall with his stick!
Doh! You're so right!

Old
03-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post

Offseason

Delete
Kuchmey
Sanvido
Diodati
Bateman
Hughes
Yazkov
Janes
Cobham
Bilcke
Johnson
Vail
Giftopolous
Marchese
Milne
I guess that means me and you are suiting up!

Old
03-26-2014, 12:30 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Really could be a disaster for the Knights if it's in the 5 to 10 games range.
Stolraz could conceivable miss the entire OHL playoffs and Memorial Cup games.
Whatever the length, the Knights will have to suck it up, no excuses here.
They'll either be good enough or they won't.
Him and Zad are, IMO the two players they could least afford to lose.
Do the crime, pay the price. Whatever the league disciplinary group decides.

Old
03-26-2014, 02:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I guess that means me and you are suiting up!
I am sure you wouldn't quit on the ice during the playoffs and atleast play it out. I understand your point but it really isn't that bad when you dig deep. Three of those guys I mentioned are OA's this year. Kuchmey signed off on his tenure as a Spits goalie last night, Marchese hasn't played a game in over a 1.5 years, Bilcke hasn't shown in 3 years he can be a valuable part of the team as an OA.

I am ready to roll with Brown, Murray, Burns, Murphy as 4 of my 6 D. I believe you need some veterans to fill that group out hence why moving Sanvido, Bateman makes sense.

I realize the forward crop might be tougher if you move Milne and Yazkov but I can certainly see one moving if you bring in an import.

Under my plan you would have

Ho-Sang
DiGiacinto
Moore
Povorozniouk
Foss
Luchuk

So you're working with 6 forwards right now, 1st round pick, import pick, OA. You're up to 9 and you can start filling out that bottom group with a guy like Manchurek.

At the end of the day I think it's imperative the Spits really bottom out next year. They need a real high pick in 2015 so when they go into 15-16 they can contend and ensure that 2016 1st round pick they lose isn't a high one unlike the one they lost in 2013. You're not going to rise in the standings and contender status without bottoming out. Staying mediocre ensures a steady stream in the future.

Old
03-26-2014, 02:20 PM
StuCarterStats

Stolarz 8 games

Knights should let this series go to 7 games then he would have served 4 already.

Old
03-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuCarterStats View Post
Stolarz 8 games

sounds about right!

Old
03-26-2014, 02:25 PM
hockeylegend11