HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
couris

vCash: 500
Did I just read that plekanec could be our richards comparable? The delusion here is getting on the same level as the leafs board.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Did I just read that plekanec could be our richards comparable? The delusion here is getting on the same level as the leafs board.
What Richards are you talking about?

Plekanec compares to both Richards, if taht makes you think people are dillusional maybe YOU are.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Wow, that's a lot of money for a guy that isn't getting younger.

Perhaps it's best to keep drafting these puck-moving defencemen, they are valued extremely high around the league.
I have been saying that all year. People want to give Diaz away for some 4th line grunt.

I think a guy like Weber should get us a decent pick(hopefully another 3rd).

Gonchar is not a bad comparable for Markov right now, would you sign him for 2 more years at 10 mil this summer(for 2014-15 and 15-16)?

Old
06-08-2013, 12:23 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Still hate the Bruins. Couldn't stand seeing them lift the Cup two years ago and I hope to all hell they don't do it again this year. That is all.
Absolutely agree...

Go Hawks!!

Old
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
Where are the guys that didn't want Jagr because he is "distraction" and would ruin team chemistry?
Jagr is more a liability than an asset in Boston. He's a passenger, I have watched most of their games and he is not very effective offensively and that's his only strong side. Doesn't hit, isn't strong defensively and poor skater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Jagr has been terrible. 0 goals despite PP time. Giveaways, broken plays etc. His best play has been a hook that led to a winning goal. Do not ever want.

A rising tide lifts all boats and Jagr is a boat that is being lifted by the likes of Krecji, Lucic, Marchand, and Horton.
Agreed, a passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Basically. Habs fans don't get tired of the excuses? We simply were not good enough. That's it.
It's not necessarily excuses. Some teams get breaks and others don't. Some years we got to the semi finals with weaker teams than we have now, but we had more injury luck and better goaltending. There are definitely aspects we need to improve on, and lots of guys got their 1st taste of NHL playoff hockey.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Jagr is more a liability than an asset in Boston. He's a passenger, I have watched most of their games and he is not very effective offensively and that's his only strong side. Doesn't hit, isn't strong defensively and poor skater.
Claude Julien disagrees... protecting the 1 goal lead to win the series last night, Jagr was on the ice for 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes, all against Crosby. Peverley, Kelly and Seguin were all available, but barely played at the end of the game.

I agree that Jagr's skating has deteriorated. But he's still great at protecting the puck, has quick hands and makes smart plays. He produced offence with Dallas and has been generating shots with Boston (45 in the playoffs, 3 per game). I bet he gets a goal or two in the finals.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
things you describe dont last forever... eventually, losing guys for nothing catches up to you (Rechi, Ryder, Jagr and Horton at end of season, etc), you may get replacements for some of them, but eventually one of those replacements isnt as good as he was supposed to be, doesnt "connect" with others, etc... and this can happen way sooner than we think.

I mean, Krug is playing great hockey for a rookie, but thinking he'd replace Ference and all will be OK ? who's to say he isnt a one year wonder ? or "come back down to earth" ?

and Soderberg replacing Horton (PPG in the playoffs by the way) will probably happen, thing is, the rookie is already 27, meaning he should be in his prime NOW, not in 3 or 4 years when he'll be fully developped...

you count too much on everything to go right on your assesments, pretty much saying "everything went right so far, so it'll keep going right"

thing is, it doesnt take much for a team to climb or dive in the standing or win/lose a round of P.O...
But I'm not talking forever. I did say, I'll revise my opinion on the Bruins the day Chara retires. And then when Bergeron retires. 'Cause those 2 are top end talent that are borderline irreplaceable. THAT will be a big blow. Just like when Philly lost Pronger and fell in the abyss.

Even if Krug is done....you have Bartkowski who has the fundamentals enough to play a role on this team. They have depth. They have a good GM that makes things happen. And have a top 5 coach in the league. I don't count on things being right....things ARE right for them.

What you are also describing did happen to Boston. They did lose to Philly after winning 3-0 in a series. Things did fell off for them at one point. Yet, they were strong enough to build from it. So things might not work as great 1 season or 2...reason why, like I said, they won't win the cup every year. But just believe they'll still be competing. One thing that could be problematic for them...if Rask ask for the world and then some. Again...don't believe he will. Big raise coming...but I'm sure we'll say something like..."how comes makes that with a real result while Carey.....". Anyway, again, we will see that in due time. The idea is that we break them and they DON'T win. That should be our goal 'cause beating them means beating one of the best. Means we then become THE best.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:57 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
No, I don't think they were on their way to win it all. I think the Pens were a team that was bound to hit a wall. They struggled against the Islanders in the 1st round. They have a lineup with so much talent concentrated on the offensive end of things and not enough on the defensive. How many times have we seen that sort of thing fail in the POs.
I thought the pens would react the way the bruins acutally did : getting better as they would advance in the playoffs.

I didn't expect the bruins to dominate that much.

So many things have to go the right way for a team to actually reach the scf. The way it happened to the bruins 2 times in 3 years is unbelievable. Our team has struggled for almost 20 years to even get half that road. I knew the bruins had a good, well balanced team, but I never thought they would develop such a killer instinct. In my eyes they were "a little bit better than the habs" but suddenly they have all the ingredients to be considered a threat for many years to come. They're building a strong reputation. Yet the future of the habs can be seen as bright, but at the same time who knows really.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
**** I hate the broon going to the SCF I hope they are swept.
Who doesn't? Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it all again. Their team is way better than what most people might think. Look at the way they destroyed the poor New York Rangers and the Penguins. Pittsburgh scored two goals in 4 games. The best offense in the freaking league has two goals in 4 games, what the flying ****.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:45 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But I'm not talking forever. I did say, I'll revise my opinion on the Bruins the day Chara retires. And then when Bergeron retires. 'Cause those 2 are top end talent that are borderline irreplaceable. THAT will be a big blow. Just like when Philly lost Pronger and fell in the abyss.

Even if Krug is done....you have Bartkowski who has the fundamentals enough to play a role on this team. They have depth. They have a good GM that makes things happen. And have a top 5 coach in the league. I don't count on things being right....things ARE right for them.

What you are also describing did happen to Boston. They did lose to Philly after winning 3-0 in a series. Things did fell off for them at one point. Yet, they were strong enough to build from it. So things might not work as great 1 season or 2...reason why, like I said, they won't win the cup every year. But just believe they'll still be competing. One thing that could be problematic for them...if Rask ask for the world and then some. Again...don't believe he will. Big raise coming...but I'm sure we'll say something like..."how comes makes that with a real result while Carey.....". Anyway, again, we will see that in due time. The idea is that we break them and they DON'T win. That should be our goal 'cause beating them means beating one of the best. Means we then become THE best.
We are not that far from the Bruins in defense.
In one or two years, we will have d-men in the pipeline who will be more ready.
Beaulieu, Ellis, Tinordi and Pateryn are all respectively 19, 20, 20 and 22.
Krug is 21 and Bartkowski is 25.
For now, it seems that Nash, St-Denis and Stejkal are not at the level of Krug and Bartkowski.

One thing for sure, we will be much better when we will be able to bring up our young d-men instead of getting a player like Drewiske.

If you add Nygren, Thrower, Dietz, Didier, Bennet we are going to have the d-men depth needed.
Actually, I do think that in the next two years, we will have much more depth in defense than the Bruins.

What strikes me about your two examples is the fact that Krug was not drafted and that Bart was a 7th round pick by the Panthers.
If you look at top-6 d-men in Providence, only one (Trotman) was drafted by the Bruins.
Some part of the equation is missing here: Pro-scouting, Amateur scouting?
I guess that given the number of d-men drafted they needed to be more inventive out of necessity.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Jagr is not a liability. He's actually good defensively and he's good on the power play.

Did you watch game 7 vs the Leafs ? That was magic. You can't teach experience and swagger.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I think that Marchand this year, is the straw that stirs the B's drink. He single-handedly killed the Pens. Bylsma should have unleashed Cooke on Marchand......

Old
06-08-2013, 06:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Yes, Plekanec can't be our two-way 2nd line center. Or 1B center, no way.

I haven't posted here in a month, so trust me I'm not surrounded by some kind of extreme delusion. When I do post I often post on other team's boards to keep my opinion grounded and also to validate my own opinions and question what we see as 'known'. Yet, out of all the things posted on HF Habs, suggesting Plekanec can have an impact like Mike Richards is extreme. By all means I'd trade Plekanec for Richards asap but man, how are they not comparable players? I never said they were the SAME player. Big difference.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:08 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Go Go

Let's end it tonight and get ready to tame the Bruins. 3-1 final, and Bickell gets another one.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Duncan keithhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
06-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quick giving another bad goal. Where are his "lovers"?

Old
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Wat. Lolquick.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Patrick Kane!!!!!!! One of the most exciting player in hockey. Incroyableeeeeeeee.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Quick giving another bad goal. Where are his "lovers"?
LA needs to score three goals to win this.

LA scoring three goals.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
That one awesome team right there. Complete control.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
LA needs to score three goals to win this.

LA scoring three goals.
Eheh. It's gonna be tough. The Hawks are completely dominating right now. Does LA have a shot? We're 10 minutes in the first, lol.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:35 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
That one awesome team right there. Complete control.
They just always have the puck, great passing.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:40 PM
deandebean

Speed kills.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:43 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Patrick Kane!!!!!!! One of the most exciting player in hockey. Incroyableeeeeeeee.
Any resemblance to this fellow. Nic Petan

Old
06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Claude Julien disagrees... protecting the 1 goal lead to win the series last night, Jagr was on the ice for 3 shifts in the last 5 minutes, all against Crosby. Peverley, Kelly and Seguin were all available, but barely played at the end of the game.

I agree that Jagr's skating has deteriorated. But he's still great at protecting the puck, has quick hands and makes smart plays. He produced offence with Dallas and has been generating shots with Boston (45 in the playoffs, 3 per game). I bet he gets a goal or two in the finals.
It has more to do with playing on Bergeron's line than being anything special defensively.

Not a guy I would have any interest opn as a UFA. Not a good fit here.

Closed Thread