HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Blackhawks/Bruins Finals

Old
06-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Nice. I'm going for pants free skytrain Saturdays.

I'm begrudgingly cheering for the Blackhawks if only so that the NHL sees that fast paced hockey is more entertaining.
That and Vince Vaughn, that one character that he plays in all his movies is great...

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 02:58 AM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksrool View Post
they have Lucic who is from....VANCOUVER!!!!
I'd rather forget he's from Van.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 03:00 AM
yoss

Blackhawks by default. Patrick Kane has grown on me over the years, as much as I wasn't a fan of his in the beginning. Plus Sharp is good & a player I am a partial fan of, he's doing well this run. I dislike them slightly less than the Bruins, and I just cannot bring myself to ever cheer for that Boston team. GM, coach, enough of the players and the bitter memories make it a virtual impossibility, though i suppose then I could take some measure of comfort in the fact that the Canucks lost to a good team? Not that that really does much for me personally speaking. (always find it weird when one of my sentences has 'that that' in it somewhere; Seems like improper English, but i digress).

At least one of them is going to lose, so that's something. Having said this, they are undoubtedly two great hockey teams and hats off to them for that. Hopefully it goes game 7 into overtime to decide it, this is probably the least emotionally invested I've ever been for a Stanley Cup finals, so I'd like as much drama pumped into it as compensation and plus it would make for good hockey.

yoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Irwin blimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShift4 View Post
Easy decision - HAWKS

1. I want Marchand to win less than Bolland
2. Hawks are built more like Canucks (I don't want thug style hockey being attractive)
3. As much as I hate them the Hawks have been a worthy opponent
4. We played them very well this season - that has to count for something
5. I really hate Marchand
6. A Hawks win will mean some of their players will appear better than they really are which could drive up contracts to the delight of the opposition
7. Marchand can kiss my ass

Edit: Unless Pitt performs a miracle I see Boston winning though
Right on Shifty , that sums up my feelings , the last person I want to see lift the cup is that rat marchand who I hate and would like him to kiss my ass

Irwin blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Irwin blimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
League announces "neutral" venue set up in Rogers Arena.
Now this had me LMAO

Irwin blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:12 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Go Hawks.

Hard to hate them when I've come to actually kinda like them. Yes, I feel dirty.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:34 AM
palefire

I've lived in both Boston and Chicago (as well as Vancouver). I have to give the Chicago fans a bit of credit. For the most part they're pretty nice -- at least the ones I talk to at the arena (not necessarily the ones on the Hawks board here!) -- of course they hate the Canucks, but it's a friendly hate for a team that they generally appreciate as a strong team and entertaining to watch. You can have a conversation with them about it, and sure, you're needling each other, but it's fun. Whereas my recollection from my days in Boston is that the local fans are mostly total ********.

It's also worth saying that unlike many other NHL cities, Chicago really does care about this sport. Go get a haircut and the barber asks you if you've got plans for watching the game. Walk around the neighborhood during a game and you can see through the windows that everyone's watching.

palefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 03:48 PM
FloydTheBarber

Quote:
Originally Posted by palefire View Post
I've lived in both Boston and Chicago (as well as Vancouver). I have to give the Chicago fans a bit of credit. For the most part they're pretty nice -- at least the ones I talk to at the arena (not necessarily the ones on the Hawks board here!) -- of course they hate the Canucks, but it's a friendly hate for a team that they generally appreciate as a strong team and entertaining to watch. You can have a conversation with them about it, and sure, you're needling each other, but it's fun. Whereas my recollection from my days in Boston is that the local fans are mostly total ********.
This is how I feel from encounters with both fan bases.

Blackhawk fans can be a-holes but for the most part, they do respect our franchise somewhat and enjoy the rivalry. Even the players, with Burish gone it was mostly Bolland, but after the "sister" rant, he apologized and has been more respectful ever since. Keith is exception, he still has the whiny mentality of Marchand.

Bruins fans, just think we are AHL level, and a complete trash organization, and I've heard more horror stories for Canucks fans in Boston's venue over Chicago's.

So go 'Hawks, show that you don't need to clutch and grab and have an owner with so much influence on the league to win (oh and an NHL executive's son )

Last edited by FloydTheBarber: 06-15-2013 at 04:47 PM.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by palefire View Post

It's also worth saying that unlike many other NHL cities, Chicago really does care about this sport. Go get a haircut and the barber asks you if you've got plans for watching the game. Walk around the neighborhood during a game and you can see through the windows that everyone's watching.
Exactly. We hate Chicago because they kicked our *** a couple of times, have a select number of classless guys like every team does, and they hate us back equally and aren't afraid to show it. We hate them because we're biased and because there's a rivalry.

There are exceptions, but the Bruins team and fans seem to be encouraged to take pride in being the biggest ****s in the world.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:53 PM
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe

this awesome

neither team is winning!!!!

MrShift4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
08Neely
Blades of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Exactly. We hate Chicago because they kicked our *** a couple of times, have a select number of classless guys like every team does, and they hate us back equally and aren't afraid to show it. We hate them because we're biased and because there's a rivalry.

There are exceptions, but the Bruins team and fans seem to be encouraged to take pride in being the biggest ****s in the world.
It's not the Bruins of specifically the fans, it's New England in general, I grew up there and still call it my home 20+ years removed.
I now live in the Western United States and I can tell you that there is a reason why they call people from Massachusetts MassHo###.
We wear it with pride, act like we own the place, are arrogant, poor losers, and at times even worse winners.
I get the hate.
We hate New York and their teams, Montreal, Philly, and a few others because we too are no stranger to sports heartbreak.
But I'll tell you what.
As big of D-bags as we can be (and yes we can certainly be that) I can safely say that New Englanders as a whole are more willing to help a person in need, and are the people that have your back in a scrape - no questions asked. On the Western side of the US...not so much. It's more of an every-man for himself kind of thing.
However....
I have never had the privilege of getting up to BC, hear it's awesome.
But I have had the honor of meeting a lot of Western Canadians in general and have to say...very nice people...salt of the earth.
Perfect Example - Shane Doan....grade A+ person. Been lucky to have a few long conversations with him and both times it was a treat.

I get it though, I'm still bitter at Larry Robinson, Steve Shutt, Guy Lafluer and the rest of the Habs from the 70's...even 30 years gone.
It never goes away, same level of animosity with Bobby Clarke, or Mario Lemieux and Ulf Sammuelsson.
But make no mistake, we know we are dick#$%#$....we just don't care, in fact we relish the hate.
Rag right back at us...it's what the people in Philly and New York do and we have a blast doing it.

08Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Dado

vCash:
Mad props to Chicago. They're doing what we couldn't.

Old
06-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
What, go up 3 game to 2 against the Bruins? We did do that, and Luongo managed 2 SO's in the process with a depleted D. I think if anything, this series is reminding me how good that 2011 Canucks team was.

I definitely want Chicago to win, but I think the Blackhawks are showing once again how tough this Bruins team is to beat.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
casting magic spells to cause various members of boston break their bones and sit out for games? yeah, true.

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:15 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
What, go up 3 game to 2 against the Bruins? We did do that, and Luongo managed 2 SO's in the process with a depleted D. I think if anything, this series is reminding me how good that 2011 Canucks team was.

I definitely want Chicago to win, but I think the Blackhawks are showing once again how tough this Bruins team is to beat.
With how injured our team was and how tough the Bruins are, it really makes me feel even more sympathy for Lu. Sure he melted down a bit, but he also had insane pressure on him and he knew it. He knew this team couldn't score and it mind****ed him when he gave up one or two because he knew it was already over. So much pressure on that poor guy. Now we are most probably trading him for these 'meltdowns'. The other team he melted down against? Oh, the Chicago Blackhawks. Two incredible teams with powerhouse offenses. Maybe Lu was never as bad as he was ripped in this stupid city. I watched that Sharks game in the playoffs with schneider and those quick bad goals were very reminiscent of Lu's meltdowns. I thought we were bringing in Schneider because he was ice-cold and didn't get rattled. Turns out that might not be the case; he's human.

Sorry about my rant.
I'm gonna miss Lu so much.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:16 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post

I felt it was eerily similar to how the 2011 series went. CHI has now gone up 3-2, like VAN had. But now both sides have suffered significant injury, unlike what happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
casting magic spells to cause various members of boston break their bones and sit out for games? yeah, true.
Yep.

Last edited by Bleach Clean: 06-23-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:19 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
They hired the witch that used to do game predictions.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:23 AM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Quote:
Canucks won game 5 and went up 3-2...

David Booth Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheTerror View Post
There is wayyyyyyyyy more to it then that.

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Bougieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'm cheering for the Bruins. Every team I cheer for loses.
I'm yelling "YOU SUCK!" a lot at the tv during this series. It doesn't really help, but at least the TV can't own me when it talks back.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:57 AM
CP

vCash: 699
According to rule 43.76.675 if both clubs were destroyed by an act of God the cup would be presented to the president trophy winner.
And since the president trophy winner would be one of the two clubs destroyed. The previous president trophy winner would naturally get the cup.
So basically, if a tidal wave wipes out Boston during game 6. Vancouver wins the cup!

CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

I think if they lost Bergeron instead of Horton we could've won.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:41 AM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Has there ever been a whinier fanbase than the Boston Bruins? Especially for an online community/hockey team that really doesn't shut up about whining and how much they hate it.

Meanwhile, every opportunity possible, Claude Julien and any Bruin within hearing range will be yapping away at the referee, and the fans will blame the refs for the entire game.

I understand that fans of other teams do this, but only Boston seems to put themselves on a self-proclaimed pedestal of being better than that.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheTerror View Post
Chicago has not melted down in any game, is scoring goals, and is taking Boston to the wall even in the games they lose.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:13 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Chicago has not melted down in any game, is scoring goals, and is taking Boston to the wall even in the games they lose.
if they lost one of their top two dmen in game one for the series.(either keith or seabrook... ala hamhuis)

then the series is probably allready over

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote