HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Blackhawks/Bruins Finals

Old
06-06-2013, 07:38 PM
MajorCanuck
Cup Please

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
there's nothing terribly unique about the bruins model

put the most dominant d-man in the nhl on the ice for 1/2 the game, get elite goaltending, stay healthy and don't have any weak forward lines that get outchanced every shift
Now that you have laid it out neatly for us, I'm sure every GM wont have much trouble icing their own Bruins.

MajorCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
As far as the "exciting brand of hockey" argument goes, all one has to do is go back, and revisit the 94 Cup final. The game couldn't have been any more exciting than it was during that time, even when it was full of big players who were gritty first and skilled second.
That's really not a very good description of either the '94 Canucks or Rangers. Both were very much skill-first teams.

Jyrki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Dado

vCash:
What a difference compared to tonights game - this one doesn't have half the energy or intensity of last night. And it's a series where both teams are still very much in the hunt.

Old
06-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Smokey McCanucks

If this happens, I'll be rooting for Boston and I won't even feel a little bit conflicted about it. Rooting for LA as well.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

looks almost definite now, if the Kings can't win with Keith out of the lineup, they won't win 3 out of 4.

Black Hawks play a more attacking style of play but it might come down to Rask, guy is in a zone right now.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:43 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Looks like this is going to happen

Damnit Detroit

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:45 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Either Keith is going elbow Marchand in the head, or someone on the Blackhawks is going to get mauled.

Going to be interesting to see how Toews and Kane respond to Boston, Kane doesn't handle grinding that well.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Shareefruck

Separate from my Canuck bias, I don't hate the Hawks at all and think they're an incredible team to watch and cheer for as an objective viewer. So they make immature classless comments towards our team, who cares? Our team is every bit as bad attitude/class wise.

Separate from my Canuck bias, I think half of the Bruins players are complete ****holes... and a disproportionate portion of their fans as well. They represent every thing about hockey that I actually dislike.

I've been actively cheering against Boston, not because I haven't gotten over our loss, but because the way they play teams are so infuriating that it's driven me to hate them all over again. Sadly, it kind of looks like they're going to steamroll over everyone including Chicago.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 06-06-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:49 PM
David71

original six matchup. one of these teams will have their 2nd cup. chicago 2nd cup in 3yrs. boston 2 yrs.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Bonham

Honestly have no idea who to cheer for...

Bonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
Looks like this is going to happen

Damnit Detroit
Dammit Leafs.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:32 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Separate from my Canuck bias, I don't hate the Hawks at all and think they're an incredible team to watch and cheer for as an objective viewer. So they make immature classless comments towards our team, who cares? Our team is every bit as bad attitude/class wise.

Separate from my Canuck bias, I think half of the Bruins players are complete ****holes... and a disproportionate portion of their fans as well. They represent every thing about hockey that I actually dislike.

I've been actively cheering against Boston, not because I haven't gotten over our loss, but because the way they play teams are so infuriating that it's driven me to hate them all over again. Sadly, it kind of looks like they're going to steamroll over everyone including Chicago.
exactly - i feel the same way about the canucks - all of it (including the "incredible team" part).

cheer for the hawks - our teams share similar styles of play...and w. realignment we won't play each other so much anymore...so if the hawks win the cup (or lose to the bruins), it will bring more energy to next year's fanbase trolling...which, while not fun for the mods, is entertaining for the rest of us. win/win

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Dammit Leafs.
We should deport you to Phoenix for hoping the Leafs actually succeed at anything but sucking.

-----------------------------------------------------

And as dead as hockey is to me, what the hell if it really is CHI/BOS in the finals, slightly go Hawks. Yeah, Bonham has the dilemma summed up nicely, but Chicago nauseates me slightly less. And their fans by and large aren't all the things I can't say Bruins fans are without getting this post deleted.

Oh, and Mr Hawks fan who's dropped in? In the highly likely event your team's up against Boston in the finals...watch. Just...just watch. Highly, highly skilled team thriving on speed and turnovers who crushed the regular season vs the Bruins. Watch the games, read the threads in the SC forum, and tell me you saw the same game as your opposing fanbase.

You might just gain new insight into some on the attitudes you run into in this little corner of cyberspace.

ProstheticConscience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Dammit Leafs.
No kidding.

Only team that gave the B's a run for their money.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:32 AM
aandbreatheme

Well one side is going to get another cup after only 2 or 3 years. Lucky fans. ****.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:49 AM
FloydTheBarber

Hey look at the bright, at least one of them has to lose, ha!

So no matter what, we'll get the joy of seeing one them being dejected!

FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:02 AM
MTechnik
Clutch

vCash: 105
I rather the Blackhawks win...

MTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Bright side, one of our rivals will know our pain

JK

But not really

Stories Tales Lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 02:25 AM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

Boston is playing pretty inspired hockey, pretty hard not to cheer for them. They're kicking the crap out of the 'Miami Heat' of the NHL.

Hawks winning another Cup would be a lot harder for me to stomach than the B's getting another one. They're out in the East, they are such non-traditional rivals, I wouldn't get upset about it.

The only Hawks I like are like Kane and Hossa, their team is full of goons and obnoxious guys in the media.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:31 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
Boston is playing pretty inspired hockey, pretty hard not to cheer for them. They're kicking the crap out of the 'Miami Heat' of the NHL.

Hawks winning another Cup would be a lot harder for me to stomach than the B's getting another one. They're out in the East, they are such non-traditional rivals, I wouldn't get upset about it.

The only Hawks I like are like Kane and Hossa, their team is full of goons and obnoxious guys in the media.
Dave Bolland wont be a Hawk next year, but Marchand is the guy who keeps taking shots 2 years later. Yeah easy decision for me. I only really hate Keith now.

Derp Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:41 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post

totally agree, even when we were playing every year in the playoffs I never disliked the Hawks I love watching them and was sad to see them broken up by cap issues(thanks to that we got our 2011 cup run though)

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
exactly - i feel the same way about the canucks - all of it (including the "incredible team" part).

cheer for the hawks - our teams share similar styles of play...and w. realignment we won't play each other so much anymore...so if the hawks win the cup (or lose to the bruins), it will bring more energy to next year's fanbase trolling...which, while not fun for the mods, is entertaining for the rest of us. win/win
I don't think we play similar styles at all, though.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

If I had to care... I'd say the Bruins. But I don't... so I won't.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Grumbler

When Marchand said "these guys will battle a lot harder than Vancouver did in the finals" he probably forsaw the sweep.

Grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:54 AM
MrShift4
GRRRR.......Babe

Go Spurs!!!

MrShift4 is offline   Reply With Quote