HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 10:24 AM

vCash: 500
In a press conference, #57 announced this morning the signing of pretty much a whole squad: Maxim Afinogenov, Jozef Balej, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Alexander Bonsaksen, Joacim Eriksson, Tomas Fillipi, Riku Hahl, Jan Hlavac, Cristobal Huet, Sami Kapanen, Konstantin Koltsov, Jason Krog, Lasse Kukkonen, Ivan Majesky, Aleksey Morozov, Petr Nedved, Denis Shvidki, Rene Vydareny, Paul Ranger and Nikolai Zherdev will all join the Canadiens for coming compaign.

And so, Balej and Huet make their return to Montreal wherewas a bunch of older veterans will make their much awaited return to the NHL like Morozov and Afinogenov.

It is also worth noting the signing for 22 yrs old Maurice Richard Jr. who had been playing in the Swedish 2nd league. The sniping center Richard is the grand grandson of legendary player Maurice Richard. Trevor Timmins thinks Richard Jr. has huge potential and could make the team out of camp.

Finally, #57 announced the acquisition of former Habs captain Saku Koivu from Anaheim for draft picks as well as the trading of Majesky and Krog to Los Angeles for their first round pick in this coming draft.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:28 AM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSkate View Post
Baertschi - Malkin - Voracek
Nyquist - Kopitar - Etem
Silfverberg - Kesler - Kassian

Rielly - Jones
Murray - Schultz
Reinhart - Rundblad

is probably what I'd do. Is this with or without cap on? If it's on, probably won't be able to keep that together.
Might actually switch out Etem for Kucherov/Scheifele/Grigorenko, I havent seen Etem develop well in NHL 13.
I ran with this:

Baertschi-Malkin-Kucherov
JvR-Kopitar-Voracek
Nyquist-Scheifele-Kassian

Baertschi had 65 points, Malkin 91, Kucherov 85, JvR 60, Kopitar 79, Voracek 64 so pretty happy there. Nyquist and Scheifele pitched in 30 a piece from the 3rd line so that's alright but Kassian dissapointed with only 18 points, less than my 4th liners. He really hasn't been producing. Probably going to swap him out.

Oh and it's cap on. I think next year I'll run something like...

Baertschi-Malkin-Kucherov
Nyquist-Kopitar-Voracek
JvR-Graham-Scheifele
Kassian-Gaustad-Clutterbuck

Rundblad-Doughty
Schultz-Murray
Rielly-Jones

Last edited by dyzfunctioned: 06-16-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old
06-16-2013, 10:43 AM

MONTREAL CANADIENS - YEAR 1 - 2012-13

LW #13 Nikolai Zherdev 76
C #11 Saku Koivu 79 (C)
RW #95 Alexei Morozov 79 (A)

LW #14 Konstantin Koltsov 74
C #89 Maurice Richard 77
RW #61 Maxim Afinogenov 75

LW #20 Daniel Paille 77 (A)
C #93 Petr Nedved 75
RW #76 Jozef Balej 75

LW #27 Jan Hlavac 74
C #71 Louis Leblanc 75
RW #84 Sami Kapanen 74

D #24 John-Michael Liles 82
D #54 Paul Ranger 79

D #15 Tomas Kaberle 77
D #28 Lasse Kukkonen 79

D #6 Alex Bonsaksen 76
D #44 Jarred Tinordi 74

G #39 Cristobal Huet 83
G #32 Joacim Eriksson 76

Spares: #22 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare 74, #50 Petteri Nokelainen 73, #25 Rene Vydareny 75

Old
06-16-2013, 11:04 AM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879

Redemption
1st Round Recap
April 18, 2016

The Rangers have advanced to the 2nd round!

The New York Rangers have found redemption against the Florida Panthers, beating them in six games. Last season, the Panthers beat the Rangers in the 1st round, four games to one. Well, this year, the Rangers weren’t going to allow it. “We told one another in the locker that we weren’t going to lose against the Panthers. We made it our mission, and we were successful”, said Captain Ryan Callahan. Callahan was the star of the series, having six points in six games; four of those points were goals; two of them were game-winning goals. “I felt good this series”, he said. “I really wanted to win and it showed on the stat sheet. I’m not done yet.”

Game One: 2-0 W
Game Two: 6-5 W

Game Three: 0-4 L
Game Four: 0-2 L

Game Five: 1-0 W
Game Six: 4-1 W

Old
06-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I'm getting bored with my Rangers dynasty..I might start up a new one, but I'm not completely sure. I may do an International league type of GM that would last awhile.
I'm still enjoying your Rangers one! Did you sim the playoffs yet?
Edit: Speak of the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
BREAKING NEWS: HABS' PLANE CRASHES

Disclaimer: this is a fictionnal story

In a shocking turn of event, the airplane in which the Montreal Canadiens were traveling crashed this morning between Montreal and Toronto. It is believed as many as 23 active players were killed in the incident. The Canadiens were going to Toronto to play the Leafs in their first pre-season game. Montreal head coach Michel Therrien and GM Marc Bergevin were also killed.

Only one player seems to have survived: Alexei Emelin. But he is likely to be injured for a long period of time and might not play in 2012-13. As well, Tomas Kaberle was not in the plane as he wasn't slated to start the year with the Habs. The players that were killed are: Armstrong, Bouillon, Bourque, Budaj, Desharnais, Diaz, Drewiske, Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Gionta, Gorges, Halpern, Markov, Moen, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Price, Prust, Ryder, Subban, Weber and White.

The NHL has notified Montreal owner Geoff Molson that he needs to have a team ready by early October to start the season. Therefore, most of the Hamilton Bulldogs player will likely don the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge this coming season. Or will they?

Although we have just learned that the Maple Leafs and the Bruins have agreed to give a player to the Montreal Canadiens in honor of their long-time rivalry. In order to help out the Habs, they were given the rights to John-Michael Liles and Daniel Paille.

News of free agent signings should come soon as the Canadiens new GM, young #57 and new head coach Guy Boucher try to fill both the Habs and Bulldogs rosters for this coming season. #57 sure has a lot of work to do and rumours has it he already has some deals made with players from overseas.
Depressing story, but interesting!

Old
06-16-2013, 11:05 AM
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****

vCash: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I'm still enjoying your Rangers one! Did you sim the playoffs yet?
See post above, I've decided to keep with it for a little while longer! The end of the 1st is the farthest I have simmed.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
See post above, I've decided to keep with it for a little while longer! The end of the 1st is the farthest I have simmed.
Congrats on finally winning a series

I often play way ahead of my posts, just working on the year one offseason post now, but in-game I'm about to start simulating year three.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
NHL13fan

Cape Breton Screaming Eagles: Revamped

New Ownership in the Cape

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, have changed hands. The now former owners are local businesses that had all shared the team. New owners are Philippe Dubé, who is the general manager of CCM-Reebok hockey equipment, Brian Burke, the former general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Nova Scotia born, former NHL All-Star, Al MacInnis. Al is also a part owner of the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL. The trio has already begun work, firing everybody in the organization. "We have let everyone in the organization go, even the players. We already held a dispersal draft for the players, and we wish them the best of luck in the future." said Burke. "We will be hiring a new staff in the very near future, including a president, which we will name right now. Al?" Dubé said. "The new president of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, is David Ling. David has spent time in many professional leagues, including the NHL, and recently retired. He brings a wealth of knowledge and will be a great representative of this hockey club. David will also play a big part in hiring our staff." MacInnis added. Ling was in fact in attendance, and had this to say, "I am honoured to be given this position. I will play a part in hiring the staff, and am excited about this team." That is a rather big shock for Cape Breton, who finally seemed to be headed in the right direction after years of having a terrible team. Dispersal draft results are below.

Dispersal Draft Results:

Round 1

1. Shawinigan- F William Carrier
2. Saint John- F Michael Clarke
3. Sherbrooke- D Justin Haché
4. Bathurst- F Clark Bishop
5. Gatineau- D Loic Leduc
6. Chicoutimi- F Kyle Farrell
7. Victoriaville- F Bronson Beaton
8. Val d'Or- D Stephen Midensky
9. Drummondville- F Raphael Corriveau
10. Rouyn-Noranda- G Maxime Lagacé
11. PEI- G Alex Bureau
12. Moncton- F Timothé Simard
13. Quebec- F Charles-Éric Légaré
14. Rimouski- D Stephen Woodworth
15. Blainville-Boisbriand- F Julien Pelletier
16. Baie-Comeau- F Nick Marois
17. Halifax- D Gareth Nicholson

Round 2

18. Shawinigan- F Zachary Moody
19. Saint John- D Brendan Nickerson
20. Sherbrooke- F Michael Lyle
21. Bathurst- D Billy Hartley

William Carrier, the Eagles now ex best player, is sad to be leaving, but happy for the new start. "It's a sad day, nobody really knows what's going on. I am happy at the same time because I get to play closer to home. Thank you Cape Breton, it's been real." Carrier said. "We wish all these players the best of luck wherever it is they're headed, and hope to face off against them next season." said president David Ling.

-May 17th, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Deku Scrub

Minimal Changes
2013 Offseason Report

Tyler Bozak was one of the two players added to by the Flyers via free agency.

After a fantastic draft, the Philadelphia Flyers stayed relatively quiet for the rest of the offseason. They did make two trades and two signings, but none of those were very big, in fact they were all rather small moves. Fans are somewhat disappointed, as it looks like they'll have to sit through another year without playoffs, but general manager Juha Peltonen offered some comforting words.

"Things will get better. I don't know if it will be this year or next year or what... but I'm going to get the Flyers back in the postseason soon. If this season is bad again, don't worry. I think we have a decent group of core players right now, we just need to add a bit more to it."

Players Re-Signed
PositionPlayerOverallAgePotentialYears/Total $
CenterMax Tablot78 GRN29n/a4 years/$7.6M
DefenseKris Russel78 OFD264 Yellow3 years/$3.78M

+ AHL players and prospects

Free Agent Signings
PositionPlayerOverallAgePotentialYears/Total $
CenterTyler Bozak79 PLY27n/a2 years/$5.2M
DefenseJonas Junland79 OFD253 Yellow1 year/$3.3M

Trade #1

C Jason Akeson (72, 23 years old, 3 stars)

2014 2nd Round Pick

Trade #2

D Bruno Gervais (76, 28 years old)

2015 3rd Round Pick
2015 5th Round Pick

2013-14 Philadelphia Flyers Starting Lineup

(Lines will change during season)

Scott Hartnell (83, A) - Claude Giroux (90, C) - Jakub Vorack (84)
Matt Read (80) - Brayden Schenn (79) - Wayne Simmonds (82)
Vladimir Sobotka (81) - Tyler Bozak (79) - Adam Hall (73)
Jim O'Brien (73) - Max Talbot (78) - Zac Rinaldo (73)

Andrej Meszaros (85) - Braydon Coburn (84, A)
Kris Russell (78) - Luke Schenn (82)
Jonas Jundland (79) - Eric Gustafsson (76)

Steve Mason (83) - Iyla Bryzgalov (82)

Cap Space: $14M

Top Prospects
PositionPlayerOverallAgePotentialLeague
CenterSean Monahan64 TWF184.5 YellowCHL
CenterSean Couturier76 TWF204 YellowAHL
DefenseNathan Beaulieu67 OFD204 YellowAHL
Left WingEric Wellwood70 TWF234 YellowAHL
DefenseDarnell Nurse56 TWD184 YellowCHL
DefenseJoonas Valkonen61 DFD203.5 YellowAHL
GoalieEric Williams47 HYB204 YellowAHL
CenterRyan Kujawinski58 TWF183.5 YellowCHL
CenterCurtis Lazar58 SNP183.5 YellowCHL
CenterBrett Brooks50 TWF183.5 YellowCHL

Old
06-16-2013, 12:08 PM
NHL13fan

Scouting Staff Hired

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles have a new scouting staff, led by Andrews Hockey Growth founder Allan Andrews. Andrews is the director of scouting, and he brings along Maritime Head Scout Doug Shepherd, who's also a highly regarded member of the hockey school, Pierre Boisvert, who will now be the Head Scout of Quebec, and former NHL goaltender Tim Thomas, who will be the Head Scout of the US regions. "We welcome Allan and his staff to the Screaming Eagles." said team president David Ling. "Allan has one of the best hockey minds in North America, and it's an honour to have him join our staff." Ling added. "I'd like to thank Brian, Philippe, Al, and David for giving me this opportunity. I assure them, and the city of Cape Breton that we will hit a homerun in every draft we take part in, no matter how many picks we have." Allan said. "The draft is coming very soon, and we hold three picks in the first two rounds. We also hold the number one overall pick and we know that that player is going to be special." Mr. Andrews added. The draft takes place June 8th in Chicoutimi.

Regarding the head coach, and GM position, lots of rumours have been swirling. "We have talked to quite a few people regarding these spots, but nothing is imminent yet." Ling said.

-May 22nd, 2013

Last edited by NHL13fan: 06-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 12:30 PM
NHL13fan

And the New GM Is...

The new general manager of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles is… Jean Gagnon! Gagnon was the assistan GM in Quebec, for the Remparts, for the last few years. He played in the QMJHL, and also played professional hockey. "Jean is an experienced guy when it comes to this league. He knows the players, and he knows the teams inside and out. Welcome to the Cape Jean!" president David Ling said. "It is going to be hard to leave my hometown of Quebec, but I'm excited about this opportunity. I can't wait to get things started at the upcoming draft." Gagnon stated. Gagnon will be covering the hockey operations side of the team, making trades and whatnot. The Eagles are glad to have him.

The head coaching search is still on, and it seems as if it's been narrowed down to three names. "We are down to three candidates for the head coaching job. Guy Boucher, Gardiner MacDougall, and Danny Flynn all are being considered for the job." Ling said. "The hire will be this Friday, a week from a day before the draft."

-May 27th, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 12:50 PM
NHL13fan

Boucher Now at Helm of Eagles

Guy Boucher has been named head coach of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. "Guy obviously has experience in both the QMJHL, and the NHL, and we are so glad to be able to name him head coach." David Ling said. Guy brings along two assistants with him, both coached in the league last year. Luke Beck, who coached PEI, and Steve Larouche, who coached Shawinigan, are his assistant. "I can't wait to get started in Cape Breton." Boucher said. "I'm taking both Luke and Steve with me, and I know they'll be able to help in a very big way." he added.

The team has also announced that Louis Guay, who comes from the Woodstock Slammers of the MHL, is the new goalie coach, and that Jessica Sears, from Dieppe Commandos of the same league, is the new athletic therapist. The team's staff is now full, and they are ready to go for the draft.

-May 31st, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 01:26 PM
NHL13fan

Draft Preview

The 2013 QMJHL Entry Draft takes place this Saturday, June 8th, in Chicoutimi, Quebec. All of the Eagles staff will be attending. The team holds a total of 14 picks, with no picks in rounds 3, 9, and 10, two picks in rounds 1, 6, 13, and a single pick in rounds 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, and 14. In the first round the Eagles will open the draft with the first overall pick. "We are open to all options at this point." said GM Jean Gagnon. "If we have to move up or down in the draft, to get the players we want, we will do so. The number one pick is far from untouchable." he added. Director of scouting Allan Andrews says this is a top heavy draft, and the class is filled with impact defensemen. "This is a very solid draft class, and it's loaded with talent at the top. Forwards that were ranked high may not go as high as they were ranked, because a lot of teams are on the lookout for defensemen, and there is a lot of quality ones in this draft." Andrews said. The Eagles start a new chapter in the franchise this Saturday, and you're going to want to tune in. Rankings for the first round are below:

1. Roy, Nicolas RW (97)
2. Roy, Jérémy D (97)
3. Noel, Nathan C (97)
4. Beauvillier, Anthony C (97)
5. Bell, Jason D (97)
6. Sprong, Daniel RW (97)
7. Meloche, Nicolas D (97)
8. Henley, David D (97)
9. Gauthier, Julien RW (97)
10. Brisebois, Guillaume D (97)
11. Alain, Alexandre C (97)
12. Bouchard, Jérémy LW (97)
13. Boivin, Christophe C (96)
14. Thompson, Will D (97)
15. Deschenes, Luc D (97)
16. Chabot, Thomas D (97)
17. Allard, Frédéric D (97)
18. Galipeau, Olivier D (97)

-June 3rd, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 03:20 PM
NHL13fan

Draft Day

It's draft day here in Chicoutimi, Quebec, and your Cape Breton Screaming Eagles hold the first overall pick. GM Jean Gagnon has been in heavy discussion with the Val d'Or Foreurs, Gatineau Olympiques, and Saint John Sea Dogs for the first overall pick. A bid off seems to be taking place, and all three teams have more than one first round pick. When discussions finally seem to have finished, Val d'Or Foreurs GM Alexandre Rouleau joins Screaming Eagles GM Jean Gagnon for a walk up to the commissioner's table. After some paperwork is signed, Mr. Gilles Courteau, the league commissioner, walks up on the grand stage, and welcomes everyone to the draft, and then announces that a trade has been made. "The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles have traded the first overall pick in this year's draft to the Val d'Or Foreurs. In return, the Foreurs send the Eagles player Anthony Richard, and picks 9, 10, and 13 in this year's draft. Val d'Or, you're up."

This is huge news for the Screaming Eagles and their fans! "The first overall pick obviously cost the Foreurs a lot, and we can't bear how happy we are to have gotten that out of them. We acquired 17 year old forward Anthony Richard in the deal, and he'll make an impact on our club next season. We also acquired three first round picks to add to our other first we already have. Our team will be well improved after this draft." The Foreurs now hold picks 9, 10, 12, and 13 in the first round.

When it's time to pick ninth overall, director of scouting Allan Andrews, GM Jean Gagnon, head coach Guy Boucher, and owners Brian Burke, Philippe Dubé, and Al MacInnis all take to the stage. Andrews takes the mic. "First off, we'd like to thank the city of Chicoutimi for their great hospitality all week long, and we'd also like to congratulate the Halifax Mooseheads on their Memorial Cup victory. Without further ado, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles select, ninth overall, from Cushing Academy, Cameron Askew!" Wow! Now that's a surprise. Askew is regarded as one of the top prospects for his age in the US, and wasn't even considered for the draft until last week, where he publicized it, but was only willing to go to an english market. Askew makes his way up to the stage to meet his new team and receive his jersey. "Cameron, in our eyes, is a top five pick in this draft. He brings a power game, and is a serious NHL prospect." said USA scout Tim Thomas. "I couldn't be happier," said Askew. "I don't think I could've even dreamt of a better result. I cannot wait for camp."

The Eagles were right back up with the 10th pick, and the same group goes up to the stage, but this time it's Guy Boucher who announces the pick. "Cape Breton selects, from the Midget Espoir Tigres, Daniel Sprong!" Sprong wasn't in attendance at the draft, because of a personal event. "Daniel has the most raw skill of any player in this draft. He fell so late to us, because he is regarded as being one dimensional. We think we can develop him into being responsible in his own end, while keeping his offensive ability." said Quebec scout Pierre Boisvert.

The Screaming Eagles brass at least got a little break, with one pick in between. Again, the same guys went up to the stage, but this time it's Jean Gagnon taking the mic. "Cape Breton selects, from Amos, defenseman David Henley!" David is the younger brother of Foreurs Cedrick and Samuel. He makes his way up to the stage and puts on his jersey for the picture. "David is a huge kid, and is great offensively and defensively. He has a real good shot at making our team next season." said Boisvert, the head scout of Quebec. "It's an honour to be identified by a scouting and management group like the one in Cape Breton. It's 20+ hours away, but I think this is one of the, if not the best organization in the league. I'm very excited!" Henley said.

The Eagles were back at it again, with the 13th overall pick. This time, the same six men went up to the stage. Part owner Philippe Dubé is making this selection. "The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles select, from St-Eustache, Nicolas Meloche!" Meloche makes his way up to the stage, as the crowd cheers. "Nicolas is a huge kid, and is as strong as an ox. He also has a solid chance at making our team next season." said Boisvert, the team's Quebec scout. "I am honoured to be taken by Cape Breton, and am ready to work hard this summer to make the team." Meloche said.

This gives the Screaming Eagles four forwards and two defensemen on the roster, and the day has just begun. The next 13 rounds won't be broadcasted, but the picks are listed below:

Round 1
9th overall, F Cameron Askew, United States
10th overall, F Daniel Sprong, Quebec
12th overall, D David Henley, Quebec
13th overall, D Nicolas Meloche, Quebec

Round 2
35th overall, D Luc Deschenes, New Brunswick

Round 3
No picks.

Round 4
61st overall, G Callum Booth, Quebec

Round 5
88th overall, F Nicolas Leblond, Quebec

Round 6
93rd overall, F Connor Moynihan, United States
97th overall, F Felix Gagnon, Quebec

Round 7
111th overall, F Jordan King, Nova Scotia

Round 8
140th overall, D Maxime Baillargeon, Quebec

Round 9
No picks.

Round 10
No picks.

Round 11
183rd overall, G Joel Daccord, United States

Round 12
201st overall, D Xavier St-Pierre, Quebec

Round 13
219th overall, F Sam Michaud, United States
220th overall, F Mark Vokey, Nova Scotia

Round 14
237th overall, F Gabriel Tessier, Quebec

"Overall, we are very happy about our draft, and we think that as many as 7 or 8 of them could make our team as early as next year." said director of scouting Allan Andrews.

-June 8th, 2013

Last edited by NHL13fan: 06-16-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 04:37 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Hey guys, sorry for the long break between updates. Been busy as heck lately but hopefully I can get some updates going here in the near future!

Eagles Stay Silent at Deadline

Sitting at the 2015 Trade Deadline with an impressive 37-23-6 record, the Halifax Eagles elected to keep the group together and make a grand total of zero moves heading down the season's final stretch.

"We are happy with the performance of our group of guys this season," started Eagles assistant GM Paul Reinhart in a brief press conference this afternoon. "This group of players has earned the right to stick it through to the end. We are relatively confident that we can get a good run out of this team."

With 80 points, the Eagles are currently 4th in the Eastern Conference, and just 3 points back of the East-leading Toronto Maple Leafs.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:53 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Oilers claim Northwest Division Title

Oilers Captain, Jordan Eberle lead all Oilers with 71 points this season, 35 goals.

It was a good year. I am happy with the boys' performance. We got good goal support, great goaltending, and an all around great year for everyone. Let's hope we can continue are roll into the playoffs.

We finished with a record of 49-30-3, 101 points, 3rd in the West, 7th in the league. Devan Dubnyk finished 5th in GAA and 4th in SV% along with an 8th place tie with 33 wins. Jordan Eberle finished 5th in goals.

Team Stats

Goals For Per Game - 9th, 2.70
Goals Against Per Game - 4th, 2.23
Power Play % - 2nd, 20.1%
Penalty Kill % - 25th, 81.7%

Along with a 30-10-1 Home Record and 19-20-2 Away Record.

Forward Stats

Jordan Eberle - 36 goals, 36 assists, 71 points
Chris Kreider - 29 goals, 33 assists, 62 points
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 13 goals, 44 assists, 57 points
Brandon Sutter - 21 goals, 26 assists, 37 points
Nail Yakupov - 11 goals, 36 assists, 47 points
Taylor Hall - 19 goals, 25 assists, 44 points
Jack Connolly - 9 goals, 22 assists, 31 points
Magnus Paajarvi - 9 goals, 11 assists, 20 points
David Clarkson - 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points
Adam Kambeitz (83GP) - 9 goals, 7 assists, 16 points
Jay McClement - 7 goals, 8 assists, 15 points
Teemu Hartikianen -7 goals, 8 assists, 15 points

Defence Stats

Justin Schultz - 10 goals, 25 assists, 35 points
Aaron Ekblad - 12 goals, 22 assists, 34 points
Jeff Petry - 6 goals, 28 assists, 34 points
Ryan Whitney - 7 goals, 23 assists, 30 points
Adam Clendening - 3 goals, 9 assists, 12 points
Jarred Tinordi - 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points

Goalie Stats

Devan Dubnyk - 52GP, 33-16-2, 2.06 GAA, .930 SV%, 7 Shutouts
Oscar Dansk - 33GP, 16-14-1, 2.29 GAA, .921 SV%, 6 Shutouts

In Round 1 we're facing the 6th seeded Chicago Blackhawks. They finished with a record of 41-31-10, 92 points. Let's take a look at the Rosters:

Edmonton Oilers (3rd)

Taylor Hall (85 Overall) 'A' - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (86 Overall) 'A' - Jordan Eberle (86 Overall) 'C'
Chris Kreider (84 Overall) - Brandon Sutter (86 Overall) - Nail Yakupov (87 Overall)
Magnus Paajarvi (80 Overall) - Jack Connolly (82 Overall) - Adam Kambeitz (81 Overall)
Teemu Hartikainen (81 Overall) - Jay McClement (79 Overall) - David Clarkson (81 Overall)

Jeff Petry (85 Overall) - Justin Schultz (86 Overall)
Ryan Whitney (85 Overall) - Aaron Ekblad (85 Overall)
Jarred Tinordi (83 Overall) - Adam Clendening (82 Overall)

Devan Dubnyk - Oscar Dansk (84 Overall)

Chicago Blackhawks (6th)

Patrick Sharp (87 Overall) - Jonathan Toews (90 Overall) - Patrick Kane (89 Overall)
Maxime Sauve (81 Overall) - Brandon Pirri (80 Overall) - Micheal Frolik (82 Overall)
Jimmy Hayes (81 Overall) - Drew LeBlanc (81 Overall) - Kyle Beach (82 Overall)
Dan Paille (77 Overall) - Marcus Kruger (81 Overall) - Brandon Saad (79 Overall)

Duncan Keith (90 Overall) - Brent Seabrook (87 Overall)
Nick Leddy (86 Overall) - Micheal Roszival (82 Overall)
Lubomir Visnovski (82 Overall) - Joe Lavin (80 Overall)

Cory Crawford (82 Overall) - Ray Emery (80 Overall)

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 06-16-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 05:25 PM
NHL13fan

A Look Ahead

Throughout the past month, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles have had one of the biggest and strangest, yet most interesting turnarounds in QMJHL history. The team already looks great for the future, but they've yet to acquire any proven players. Head coach Guy Boucher touches on this. "We have some solid young players, a few who look ready, but we don't have one player with Q experience on our roster yet." The team has the third overall, and 63rs overall CHL Import Draft picks. "We are making a pick with the third overall pick, but we're shopping the 63rd for a proven Euro in the league right now." said GM Jean Gagnon. It is rumoured they are targeting someone within the division, but nothing's been confirmed. "We will also be making deals to acquire more experience throughout the summer, and if we can't get some solid Q veterans, we may look to the junior A leagues all across the country. We still hope to have a very competitive team next season." Gagnon added. The Import Draft takes place in about two weeks, so that's when we should expect the newest Eagles.

-June 17th, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 05:31 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Eagles Clinch First Ever Playoff Berth

At the beginning of the 2014-15 season, GM Dan Brown said that he expected this edition of the Halifax Eagles to make some noise in the regular season, and be a legitimate playoff contender. Fast-forward 7 months, and the team may be even better than that.

Polishing off their first winning season in franchise history, the Eagles rolled down the stretch with a record of 12-3-1, finishing the regular season with a 49-26-7 record and 105 points. That marked a 30 point improvement from last year's finish, and puts them squarely in 4th in the Eastern Conference. That sets up a heated matchup against the 5th seeded Montreal Canadiens.

Halifax Lineup
Wojtek Wolski 81 - Jonathan Huberdeau 87 - Jason Pominville 85
Andy McDonald 81 - Stephen Weiss 83 - Tomas Fleischmann 83
Brenden Morrow 82 - Shawn Matthias 80 - Vladimir Sobotka 81
Antti Miettinen 78 - Drew Shore 76 - Viktor Stalberg 80

Dmitry Kulikov 87 - Brian Campbell 85
Erik Gudbranson 82 - Jason Demers 85
Scott Hannan 79 - Colby Cohen 78

Jacob Markstrom 81
Julius Hudacek 80

Montreal Lineup
Max Pacioretty 84 - Alex Galchenyuk 89 - Brian Gionta 83
Michael Ryder 80 - Tomas Plekanec 86 - Rene Bourque 84
Chris Higgins 81 - Louis Leblanc 83 - Curtis Glencross 81
Brendan Gallagher 79 - Lars Eller 79 - Brad Boyes 79

Andrei Markov 86 - PK Subban 87
Tomas Kaberle 85 - Josh Gorges 83
Toni Lydman 82 - Yannick Weber 80

Carey Price 90
Dustin Tokarski 80

Old
06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
NHL13fan

Trade Alert!

The Screaming Eagles have acquired the services of Drummondvile Voltigeurs centreman Lukas Balmelli. "Lukas is a very good two-way center, and he provides leadership in the room." said GM Jean Gagnon. Balmelli, of the Swiss descent, was acquired for the 63rd overall Euro pick. "I am glad to go to Cape Breton. I didn't know any French, and I couldn't quite find my game in Drummondville so it should be a nice change." Balmelli said over a phone interview. Fans can see Balmelli in action at Training Camp.

-June 27th, 2013

Last edited by NHL13fan: 06-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Oilers oust 'Hawks in 5, move on to 2nd round for first time

Captain Jordan Eberle dekes past Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp to score his 5th goal in 5 games!

It was a great series. It had alot of the same players scoring points but everyone chipped in. Devan Dubnyk stood on his head in all 5 games and was a top 3 series MVP for sure.

Jordan Eberle had 5 goals, 5 points in 5 games played, Along with Chris Kreider having 5 assists, and Adam Kambeitz, down on the 3rd line, coming up big with 3 goals and 2 assists.

Aaron Ekblad on D was great aswell, putting up 5 points, 3 goals, 2 assists. Devan Dubnyk now has a record through 1 series of 4-1 with a GAA of 1.80 and SV% of .941.

Series score summary:

Game 1: Oilers Wins 5-2
Game 2: Chicago Wins 4-1
Game 3: Oilers Win 2-1
Game 4: Oilers Wins 2-1
Game 5: Oilers Wins 5-2

In Round #2 we're facing the 2nd Seeded Nashville Predators. They finished with a record of 44-23-15, 103 points. Let's take a look at the Rosters:

Nashville Predators (2nd)

Nick Spaling (84 Overall) - Henrik Sedin (90 Overall) - Patric Hornqvist (81 Overall)
Sergei Kostitsyn (80 Overall) - Filip Forsberg (82 Overall) - Brendan Morrow (80 Overall)
Colin Wilson (80 Overall) - Craig Smith (82 Overall) - Chad Larose (78 overall)
Matthew Lombardi (79 Overall) - Austin Watson (78 Overall) - Gilbert Brule (78 Overall)

Roman Josi (86 Overall) - Shea Weber (90 Overall)
Brandon Manning (83 Overall) - Jonothan Blum (835 Overall)
Nick Schultz (83 Overall) - Alexei Laakso (82 Overall)

Pekka Rinne (89 Overall) - Kevin Huber (85 Overall)

Edmonton Oilers (3rd)

Taylor Hall (85 Overall) 'A' - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (86 Overall) 'A' - Jordan Eberle (86 Overall) 'C'
Chris Kreider (84 Overall) - Brandon Sutter (86 Overall) - Nail Yakupov (87 Overall)
Magnus Paajarvi (80 Overall) - Jack Connolly (82 Overall) - Adam Kambeitz (81 Overall)
Teemu Hartikainen (81 Overall) - Jay McClement (79 Overall) - David Clarkson (81 Overall)

Jeff Petry (85 Overall) - Justin Schultz (86 Overall)
Ryan Whitney (85 Overall) - Aaron Ekblad (85 Overall)
Jarred Tinordi (83 Overall) - Adam Clendening (82 Overall)

Devan Dubnyk - Oscar Dansk (84 Overall)

Old
06-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Deku Scrub

April 14th, 2014
Horrible Season in Philly

Bruins forward David Krejci splits the D and goes upstairs to score on Flyers goalie Steve Mason.

Last season, the Flyers almost squeezed into the playoffs even after trading away some of their top veterans. This year, despite having a slightly better-looking roster, things were much worse. They finished 33-41-8, which is the third-worst record in the league. Only Florida and New Jersey were behind them. Coach Peter Laviolette shuffled the team's lines many, many times but nothing came of it. Juha Peltonen and Ed Snider told the public that they will be sticking with Laviolette behind the bench for at least another year. They feel that they haven't supplied enough talent for Laviolette to work with in order to reach the playoffs yet.

Most players on the Flyers roster put up below-average offensive numbers except for a few players. Newcomer Tyler Bozak had a solid year with 45 points, playing on the second line. Vladimir Sobotka, who was picked up on waivers towards the end of last season, surprised by scoring 51 points. He played on Tyler Bozak's wing. Defenseman Andrej Meszaros scored 44 points, the most of his career and the highest number since his rookie season in 2005-06. Kris Russell also set a career-high with 31 points on the back-end. But that's about where the notable positives end. Team captain Claude Giroux, who scored at over a PPG pace for the last two seasons, only put up 63 points this year. He still had the most on the team, but it's below his standards. Scott Hartnell only put up 44 points, which is not horrible, but for the team to succeed he needs to do more. Wayne Simmonds also disappointed with only 30 points, below his standards as well. Luke Schenn had an atrocious campaign, with only 7 points while being a -22. Brayden Schenn had less than half the points he had last season. Last year he got 45 and this year he only managed 21.

In the cage, Ilya Bryzgalov was absolutely awful, which meant Steve Mason got most of the starts. Mason had solid numbers, by far the best since his rookie season when he was awarded the Calder Trophy. This is promising, especially considering that he played in front of a poor defensive team. Maybe Mason is the starting netminder the Flyers have been looking for, and they just need to improve the roster in front of him?

Players Stats

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints
Claude Giroux234063
Jakub Voracek292756
Vladimir Sobotka252651
Matt Read153146
Tyler Bozak143145
Andrej Meszaros93544
Scott Hartnell192544
Kris Russel52631
Wayne Simmonds161430
Erik Gustafsson72128
Adam Hall61723
Jonas Jundland32023
Brayden Schenn14721
Braydon Coburn41519
Maxime Talbot6915
Zac Rinaldo5813
Jim O'Brien358
Luke Schenn167

GoaltenderGPRecordGAASave %SO
Steve Mason6023-24-62.72.913%2
Ilya Bryzgalov319-17-23.18.897%0

Old
06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Oilers fall short of 3-0 deficit comeback, very disappointing

Despite being Eliminated Captain Jordan Eberle was still excellent, scoring 10 points, 9 goals in 11 games.

We dug ourselves in to big a whole. They saw it is practically impossible to come back from a 3-0 deficit and for the most part it really is. We got it as close as to a 3-2 lead for them but couldn't comeback.

Jordan Eberle did come up clutch with a Hat-Trick to win us game 4 and Adam Kambeitz scored the double-overtime winner in game 5 but it wasn't enough. Oscar Dansk also came in relief in game 4 and played off the rest of series, playing great but not great enough. He couldn't do it all. We just started off bad and couldn't comeback.

As mentioned Jordan Eberle lead all Oilers in the Post-Season with 10 points, 9 goals, in 11 games and showed why he is Nicknamed "Captain Clutch", or now he is. Deadline acquisition Adam Kambetiz continued to produce, albeit moving up to the 2nd line for the later games but still did good, putting up 7 points. 5 goals, 2 assists. Chris Kreider had 7 assists, as did Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Taylor Hall put up 3 goals, 3 assists.

Aaaron Ekblad back on Defence had a stellar first year of playoffs putting up 4 goals, 4 assists. But Justin Schultz, arguably our top D-man, put up 0 points in 11 games, we definitely needed his point support. Devan Dubnyk finished with a final playoff record of 4-4, with a 2.14 GAA and a .928 SV%. Oscar Dansk, in his 1st Playoffs, played 3 games and finished with a record of 2-1 with a with a 1.23 GAA and .943 SV%.

This was one of our best opportunities to do things in the Playoffs as our roster up and down was absolutely solid so this is a missed opportunity. Big decisions will have to be made and we can't afford all these Young players.

Off-Season next...

Old
06-16-2013, 06:18 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post

April 14th, 2014
Horrible Season in Philly

Bruins forward David Krejci splits the D and goes upstairs to score on Flyers goalie Steve Mason.

Last season, the Flyers almost squeezed into the playoffs even after trading away some of their top veterans. This year, despite having a slightly better-looking roster, things were much worse. They finished 33-41-8, which is the third-worst record in the league. Only Florida and New Jersey were behind them. Coach Peter Laviolette shuffled the team's lines many, many times but nothing came of it. Juha Peltonen and Ed Snider told the public that they will be sticking with Laviolette behind the bench for at least another year. They feel that they haven't supplied enough talent for Laviolette to work with in order to reach the playoffs yet.

Most players on the Flyers roster put up below-average offensive numbers except for a few players. Newcomer Tyler Bozak had a solid year with 45 points, playing on the second line. Vladimir Sobotka, who was picked up on waivers towards the end of last season, surprised by scoring 51 points. He played on Tyler Bozak's wing. Defenseman Andrej Meszaros scored 44 points, the most of his career and the highest number since his rookie season in 2005-06. Kris Russell also set a career-high with 31 points on the back-end. But that's about where the notable positives end. Team captain Claude Giroux, who scored at over a PPG pace for the last two seasons, only put up 63 points this year. He still had the most on the team, but it's below his standards. Scott Hartnell only put up 44 points, which is not horrible, but for the team to succeed he needs to do more. Wayne Simmonds also disappointed with only 30 points, below his standards as well. Luke Schenn had an atrocious campaign, with only 7 points while being a -22. Brayden Schenn had less than half the points he had last season. Last year he got 45 and this year he only managed 21.

In the cage, Ilya Bryzgalov was absolutely awful, which meant Steve Mason got most of the starts. Mason had solid numbers, by far the best since his rookie season when he was awarded the Calder Trophy. This is promising, especially considering that he played in front of a poor defensive team. Maybe Mason is the starting netminder the Flyers have been looking for, and they just need to improve the roster in front of him?

Players Stats

PlayerGoalsAssistsPoints
Claude Giroux234063
Jakub Voracek292756
Vladimir Sobotka252651
Matt Read153146
Tyler Bozak143145
Andrej Meszaros93544
Scott Hartnell192544
Kris Russel52631
Wayne Simmonds161430
Erik Gustafsson72128
Adam Hall61723
Jonas Jundland32023
Brayden Schenn14721
Braydon Coburn41519
Maxime Talbot6915
Zac Rinaldo5813
Jim O'Brien358
Luke Schenn167

GoaltenderGPRecordGAASave %SO
Steve Mason6023-24-62.72.913%2
Ilya Bryzgalov319-17-23.18.897%0

Steve Mason looks like he could turn into somethin'. Bryz, GTFO, lol. What's his Contract looking like (Bryz)? Buyout? Trade, if you can? Intrigued about the future with your Club.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:29 PM
NHL13fan

Lazarev an Eagle

Who? Maxim Lazarev
DOB? January 29th, 1996
From? Kazan, Russia
Height? 5'10"
Weight? 160
Position? RW
Shot? Right
Player Type? Fast, tenacious scorer with good hands

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles added a new member to the roster today. They drafted russian winger Maxim Lazarev in today's CHL Import draft. Lazarev, selected third overall, was interested in coming to the CHL after he saw how Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko came over before the NHL draft. "I want to play in NHL. That my goal. This easiest way for play in NHL. Grigorenko and Yakupov come to CHL before they get drafted and I want do same." said the russian, via a phone interview. "Maxim will have to translate to the league, but when he does, look out. He is a serious prospect for the NHL, and when he adapts to the Canadian game, teams will love him more. He doesn't speak good english, as you can see in the interview, but we welcome Maxim with open arms to our team." said GM Jean Gagnon. Maxim was a top five scorer in the World U17 tournament this past winter in Victoriaville. Expectations are high for the youngster, but he has time on his side.

-July 3rd, 2013

Old
06-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
Steve Mason looks like he could turn into somethin'. Bryz, GTFO, lol. What's his Contract looking like (Bryz)? Buyout? Trade, if you can? Intrigued about the future with your Club.
He had six more years left at a cap hit of $5.6M. 82 overall

I probably won't post the offseason report until tomorrow, but since you asked I'll reveal now that I did buy him out. Tried to trade him but no one would take his contract.

Might post about the draft later.

Closed Thread