HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
That's because I don't say albatross things like Comeau, MacKenzie, and Tyutin are scrubs.
That would be JD, Turk and Eliot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Even if the signing of Comeau is confirmed there are two more roster slots to be filled.

It could be a FA & Vinny.

Or a trade acquisition and Vinny.

Or Vinny and best player from camp.

Or FA & trade Acquisition.

Or..

... well you get the idea.
I do and I'm holding out hope, because I want him to be back, but it doesn't seem promising and hasn't for some time.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
That's because I don't say albatross things like Comeau, MacKenzie, and Tyutin are scrubs.
well you do, but they're just far less egregious

Old
07-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
dude he's an enigmatic headcase that was just canned by his KHL team b/c he can't hack it...
Actually it was contract related, not because he couldn't hack it. Zherdev played for a team with significant financial strain and put him on the expansion list in hopes of relieving the financial burden.

Z didn't get claimed in the expansion draft and thus was cut. Granted, that doesn't say much about him... I was a fan of his skill but not his attitude and work ethic. I'll gladly take a pass on him like most of the rest of you.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Xoggz22

Probably won't be popular with some of you (many of you?) but if he's actually healthy (may be a big IF), I wouldn't mind taking a run at Sauer for our #7 d-man. He's a top 4 when healthy and was excellent with the Rangers (yeah, yeah, I get the groans for the new CBJ NYR connections ) prior to his concussion issue.

I know head injuries are problematic and can linger making this tough but if he were found to be symptom free and interested I would gladly take a shot at signing him. Protection against a down year from Prout or Erixon, higher end replacement to Aucoin and would allow Murray the chance to "get his game back" and develop in Springfield. I would also be interested in Blum as a #7 d-man. I think his game fits better with the CBJ than it did with Nashville.

As for forwards, I still think a run at Perron wouldn't be a bad thing. We may not have the picks but certainly have some assets to utilize now and there are always future drafts to pull picks from.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Yes, who needs skill and goalscoring when you can have "jam" and "sandpaper"... I never unsderstand this attitude from cbj fans. Must be the porty influence
Skill is valueless if it's not applied. That's why Zherdev ultimately drove me away.

I'm willing to consider readding him if he can fit here. But I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Probably won't be popular with some of you (many of you?) but if he's actually healthy (may be a big IF), I wouldn't mind taking a run at Sauer for our #7 d-man. He's a top 4 when healthy and was excellent with the Rangers (yeah, yeah, I get the groans for the new CBJ NYR connections ) prior to his concussion issue.

I know head injuries are problematic and can linger making this tough but if he were found to be symptom free and interested I would gladly take a shot at signing him. Protection against a down year from Prout or Erixon, higher end replacement to Aucoin and would allow Murray the chance to "get his game back" and develop in Springfield. I would also be interested in Blum as a #7 d-man. I think his game fits better with the CBJ than it did with Nashville.

As for forwards, I still think a run at Perron wouldn't be a bad thing. We may not have the picks but certainly have some assets to utilize now and there are always future drafts to pull picks from.
He's not cleared to play, his career is likely over.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Xoggz22

Just took a stab at a roster option....

FORWARDS
David Perron ($3.813m) / Artem Anisimov ($3.283m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Cam Atkinson ($1.150m)
Matt Calvert ($0.988m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m)
Blake Comeau ($1.500m) / Mark Letestu ($1.250m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m)
Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) /

DEFENSEMEN
James Wisniewski ($5.500m) / Fedor Tyutin ($4.500m)
Jack Johnson ($4.357m) / Dalton Prout ($0.667m)
Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Michael Sauer ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($5.625m)
Curtis McElhinney ($0.600m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mike Commodore ($1.142m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,902,142; BONUSES: $1,925,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,322,858

This would add a nice solid top line and good secondary scoring. Size, grit, speed and skill.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
“I want to come back,” Prospal said. “I want to be in Columbus. But I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve reached out to the club a couple of times, and they’ve told me they’ll let me know a couple of times, but I received nothing. I don’t know if that’s supposed to tell me something or what.”

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...lks-stall.html

So talks aren't just far apart. They're non-existent.
I read that as Vinny called them a couple of times. The CBJ told him they'd let him know a couple of times. To date, no offer nor definitive answers have been shared.

It IS very possible that Vinny doesn't come back next season, but we're not even to free agency yet. I for one would be thrilled if we upgraded the roster to the point where Vinny and Comeau would be expendable.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:41 PM
major major

Quote:
“I want to come back,” Prospal said. “I want to be in Columbus. But I don’t know what’s going to happen. I’ve reached out to the club a couple of times, and they’ve told me they’ll let me know a couple of times, but I received nothing. I don’t know if that’s supposed to tell me something or what.”

This bugs me. We're basically keeping Vinny on hold to see if we can replace him with a better player. I would rather we just sign him to a $2 million dollar deal even if we don't know if we'll have a scorer's spot for him. We have to show some respect, and you want to keep him in the dressing room.

Edit: Though realistically, perhaps we don't have even enough forward roster spots. It might be the case that we have to choose between Vinny and adding a new scorer.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:42 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I could be wrong, but I think Comeau scored at a higher per-minute rate for us than Vinny did, and he might be ready for full time top-6 duty again (like he used to be). Meanwhile he's a very good checker and cheap. I'm also not a fan of holding roster spots open for rookies. Let them force their way on.

I'm sure it sounds weird, but I'd rather have Comeau on this team next year than Prospal or Jenner. If Jenner forces his way on, it's a different story.
That's the only way I'd want it - Jenner makes it impossible for them to say no. I expect Murray to do the same thing on the blueline. I've always felt rookies need to earn it.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Just took a stab at a roster option....

FORWARDS
David Perron ($3.813m) / Artem Anisimov ($3.283m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Cam Atkinson ($1.150m)
Matt Calvert ($0.988m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m)
Blake Comeau ($1.500m) / Mark Letestu ($1.250m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m)
Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Michael Sauer ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,902,142; BONUSES: $1,925,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,322,858

This would add a nice solid top line and good secondary scoring. Size, grit, speed and skill.
I like the forwards a lot.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
I like the forwards a lot.
That's exactly how I would do it. Perron or whomever in that slot and the rest right where X has 'em.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Any interest in getting in the David Clarkson sweepstakes? I imagine he'll probably want somewhere in the $4m range. He can play either wing.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
Any interest in getting in the David Clarkson sweepstakes? I imagine he'll probably want somewhere in the $4m range. He can play either wing.
Depends on the terms, but I don't have a lot of interest. I am fully prepared to have another team overpay for his services.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
major major

Quote:
Yes! And I think it'd take more than $4m, maybe $5m. I'd rather have Clarkson than Perron, I think, and I wouldn't mind a $5m over a few years deal.

Edit: Okay maybe not a few years. $5m over two years, or $4m for three years.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

Don't they have to talk to him to tell him that they'll let him know? They just haven't gotten back to him about what they are going to do. He didn't say they haven't talked to him.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 07-02-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Sorry. I posted this before I saw your post leesmith.
Old
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Yes! And I think it'd take more than $4m, maybe $5m. I'd rather have Clarkson than Perron, I think, and I wouldn't mind a $5m over a few years deal.
Better the Devil you know. And since our braintrust came from St. Louis, that Devil isn't a Devil at all.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
blahblah

5 mill for Clarkson? Ouch! No thanks.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Not really.

Quote:

Edit: Okay maybe not a few years. $5m over two years, or $4m for three years.
And now really not really.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:27 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Devils fans said they wouldn't sign him over 4x4.25 mil.. and that is the absolute max, basically, some may give 0.25 mil more and some maybe 5th year but that's about it, based on what I've discussed with team at trade forum and seen on their board.

And they feel if Clarkson would take that, he would be signed already. There is talk (yeah, talk) that he wants something around 5x5 mil; or he wants to go to Toronto as he is from there.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:33 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Devils fans said they wouldn't sign him over 4x4.25 mil.. and that is the absolute max, basically, some may give 0.25 mil more and some maybe 5th year but that's about it, based on what I've discussed with team at trade forum and seen on their board.

And they feel if Clarkson would take that, he would be signed already. There is talk (yeah, talk) that he wants something around 5x5 mil; or he wants to go to Toronto as he is from there.
Yeah, that term is the real killer. I think the Jackets have a fair amount of spending room for the next couple of years, so I'm a lot more free spending over that period.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

We really need a left winger with a high shooting percentage. I'd try to make a deal with Winnipeg for Andrew Ladd.
Yes, I just traded Ryan Johansen for Andrew Ladd. That still leaves Jenner, JAM, Chaput and Dano for depth and development at center.

FORWARDS
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Artem Anisimov ($3.283m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Nick Foligno ($3.083m) / Brandon Dubinsky ($4.200m) / Cam Atkinson ($1.150m)
Matt Calvert ($0.988m) / Mark Letestu ($1.250m) / R.J. Umberger ($4.600m)
Blake Comeau ($1.000m) / Derek MacKenzie ($1.000m) / Jared Boll ($1.050m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.000m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Nikita Nikitin ($2.150m) / Ryan Murray ($3.494m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) /

GOALTENDERS

OTHER
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,288,809; BONUSES: $3,450,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,461,191

Last edited by leesmith: 07-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
EspenK

Foligno on the 2nd line is a disaster waiting. (Waiting for Major to come back with Visqi-like rage and advanced statistics to prove his case )

I think I'd put Calvert or Letestu there along with Dubi at center and let Foligno-Joey-Umbie do what they did best last part of last year.

Or re-sign Vinny or obtain somebody who can produce better.

Old
07-02-2013, 06:05 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Foligno on the 2nd line is a disaster waiting. (Waiting for Major to come back with Visqi-like rage and advanced statistics to prove his case )

I think I'd put Calvert or Letestu there along with Dubi at center and let Foligno-Joey-Umbie do what they did best last part of last year.

Or re-sign Vinny or obtain somebody who can produce better.
Foligno is the roster spot I wrestled most with. Is his play more like the stats he had in Ottawa or the stats he had with us last year? He really needs to produce more for us next season.

Old
07-02-2013, 06:10 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Foligno is the roster spot I wrestled most with. Is his play more like the stats he had in Ottawa or the stats he had with us last year? He really needs to produce more for us next season.

Maybe a switch back to the East will rejuvenate him. I know others will disagree but I firmly believe they play a more wide open game there than in the West. Could help him and others become more productive offensively.

Closed Thread