HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Ubercron9000*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think a team with big forwards needing to add skill will fall for him in the first too. Not sure what team really fits that profile though. Hope it's a team before 25. If he makes it out of the first, I think Florida would be all over him at 31.
I kn ow we are small but if we can gets a jaden swartz skinner type player why not take it? Besides gionta will probably be gone and I would trade dehairnais right now. Then we could get mcoshen and dlr

Old
06-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I have to remind you that I am a fan of Carrier myself and was disappointed to hear that the organization might not reflect that same enthusiasm toward him.
And I will believe we will do a mistake. Can't wait to see Carrier succeeding wherever he's going. I remember Perron was suppose to be a special case himself. Didn't do too badly, would have done better if not hurt. Anyway, we'll see. I guess guys like Dauphin and Poirier fits more the bill than what guys like Mantha and Carrier are about. And I'm also a fan of Dauphin and Poirier so I won't mind. But I still believe Carrier will succeed in the NHL. I might even have more concerns with Mantha then Carrier....

Old
06-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
What do you guys think of Nic Petan? He's pretty much in everyone's top 30, kid dominated the CHL as a 17 year old. Obviously his 5'8.5" 165lbs frame is his knock.

Watching the tape though, he has elite potential, like 90 points a season potential if he can overcome his size. Obviously a HUGE if. Certainly worth the gamble in the second round, but what would be your reaction if we took him at 25? He could end up BPA.

Obviously we're the last team that needs another undersized forward, but man, is he sick with it.

I'm hoping a western conference team takes him before us, pushing someone else down, but he has a chance to be special.
I like him too, the MOAR BIG crowd will have a heart attack if we pick him, but to me he's far more Gallagher than Desharnais. As I've said before, we have almost nothing in terms of center prospects with quality offensive skill. Guys like Holland and MacMillan often play the wing. We also don't know what our team will look like 3-4 years from now either.

The ideal scenario would be to get some legit size with at least 1 of the other 2 picks at 25/34/36 if we gamble on Petan with 1 of them.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Tyson

A D named Diaby seems to have good size. 3rd rounder perhaps?

Old
06-08-2013, 01:35 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Yea, he's a guy who hasn't really been on my radar for the habs because I just dismissed him due to his size. But man, is he ****ing good.

And I mean, imagine if he grew a little. 5'10" 185lbs or something isn't out of the picture.
Yeah, you're right, and he doesn't seem to play small either. Thanks for bringing him to my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I know we are small but if we can gets a jaden swartz skinner type player why not take it?
Exactly. You can't teach that talent.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I like him too, the MOAR BIG crowd will have a heart attack if we pick him, but to me he's far more Gallagher than Desharnais. As I've said before, we have almost nothing in terms of center prospects with quality offensive skill. Guys like Holland and MacMillan often play the wing. We also don't know what our team will look like 3-4 years from now either.

The ideal scenario would be to get some legit size with at least 1 of the other 2 picks at 25/34/36 if we gamble on Petan with 1 of them.
True, and there's a chance DD and Gionta aren't even around anymore by the time he reaches the bigs.

I just know if we draft him the draft panel will mention "smurfs" at least once.

That's my biggest fear with him.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:

Wouldn't pick him in the 1st. No problem in the 2nd. Was definately NOT going to put him on my ND list solely based on size. Totally stupid to do so.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:54 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I kn ow we are small but if we can gets a jaden swartz skinner type player why not take it? Besides gionta will probably be gone and I would trade dehairnais right now. Then we could get mcoshen and dlr
You're right. I think Petan is in my top 25 at this point.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:00 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Noah Hanafin in 2nd round of QMJHL draft to Quebec. Doubt he reports next year but maybe at 17 or 18.
You could be surprised how brown enveloppes can be convincing.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:07 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And I will believe we will do a mistake. Can't wait to see Carrier succeeding wherever he's going. I remember Perron was suppose to be a special case himself. Didn't do too badly, would have done better if not hurt. Anyway, we'll see. I guess guys like Dauphin and Poirier fits more the bill than what guys like Mantha and Carrier are about. And I'm also a fan of Dauphin and Poirier so I won't mind. But I still believe Carrier will succeed in the NHL. I might even have more concerns with Mantha then Carrier....
Perron was a headcase. No doubt about that. He got replaced quickly by the vets in Saint-Louis.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:21 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
What do you guys think of Nic Petan? He's pretty much in everyone's top 30, kid dominated the CHL as a 17 year old. Obviously his 5'8.5" 165lbs frame is his knock.

Watching the tape though, he has elite potential, like 90 points a season potential if he can overcome his size. Obviously a HUGE if. Certainly worth the gamble in the second round, but what would be your reaction if we took him at 25? He could end up BPA.

Obviously we're the last team that needs another undersized forward, but man, is he sick with it.

I'm hoping a western conference team takes him before us, pushing someone else down, but he has a chance to be special.
Petan likely be my first round pick. Made the mistake of by-passing on Giroux to draft for need. Wouldn't be making same mistake twice.

Downloaded Halifax/Portland Memorial Cup game other night. If he's playing with MacKinnon...he's Drouin's equal.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
KingHab

I really really want Bo Horvat, who would be against packaging our early second to get him???

Old
06-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
I really really want Bo Horvat, who would be against packaging our early second to get him???
Not me. I want Horvat too. Reminds a lot of Mike Richards and he already has a good reputation as a playoff performer!

Old
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Not me. I want Horvat too. Reminds a lot of Mike Richards and he already has a good reputation as a playoff performer!
Didnt like Horvat at the beginning but starting to really like him alot. Much more than Hartman.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Draft

Wrong thread but I guess I'll edit it to make it worthwhile...

Horvat is better than Hartman undoubtedly. However, I wouldn't move a 2nd for him.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

He was always on my radar.
I think he will go in the early 20's, if he falls to our pick I really wish we pick him, unless someone out of the 10-20 range falls. I'd pick a big bodies with one of our seconds, there's a lot of good one that will fall there.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

I'm in that MOAR BIG crowd and I actually would really not mind him with our first. I'd get out REALLY happy. It's a sexy sexy pick.

Same thing with Lekhonen in the 2nd.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Intangiblezzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
Dauphin and Poirier for me without a doubt.
Why is that?

De La Rose is the safest of the 4 and Petan is the boom or bust. Imagine Petan becomes a St.Louis type player and De La Rose a Backes type.

I like Dauphin, I think his ultimate potential is a Bergeron but Poirier worries me. I see him at best being a 2nd line player. At least De La Rose brings a lot of intangibles.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Why is that?

De La Rose is the safest of the 4 and Petan is the boom or bust. Imagine Petan becomes a St.Louis type player and De La Rose a Backes type.

I like Dauphin, I think his ultimate potential is a Bergeron but Poirier worries me. I see him at best being like Tanguay.
I don't see any comparison between Poirier and Tanguay.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
What about this (dream) scenario.. I was bored at work, so...

Trade: 25th to Dallas for #40 and #54

34: McCoshen
36: Laurent Dauphin
40: Emilie Poirier
54: Justin Bailey
55: Zach Nastasiuk
71: Nick Baptiste
86: Tristan Jarry

We get a minute eating all-situations D-man in McCoshen
The two smart and skilled Q guys in Dauphin/Poirier
Tall kid with offensive tools in Bailey
Nastasiuk and Baptiste as potential power forwards
Jarry as a goaltending prospect to take his time to develop.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

But seriously... Someone will have to tell me how... Without playing, both Poirier and Dauphin went from ''Okay'' in the early 2nd to a 20-40 range for sure ? I hate draft hype ....

Old
06-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What about this (dream) scenario.. I was bored at work, so...

Trade: 25th to Dallas for #40 and #54

34: McCoshen
36: Laurent Dauphin
40: Emilie Poirier
54: Justin Bailey
55: Zach Nastasiuk
71: Nick Baptiste
86: Tristan Jarry

We get a minute eating all-situations D-man in McCoshen
The two smart and skilled Q guys in Dauphin/Poirier
Tall kid with offensive tools in Bailey
Nastasiuk and Baptiste as potential power forwards
Jarry as a goaltending prospect to take his time to develop.
This would be nice... But it won't happen It would also depend on who is still there at 25.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Why is that?

I like Dauphin, I think his ultimate potential is a Bergeron but Poirier worries me. I see him at best being a 2nd line player. At least De La Rose brings a lot of intangibles.
Anyone can say that to make a prospect look better...

Old
06-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Disappearing Semin

Poirier is a moneyshot player. He sames to be always dominant when the game is important. God knows Montreal could use this kind of player. Kind of reminds me of Nathan Horton

Old
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But seriously... Someone will have to tell me how... Without playing, both Poirier and Dauphin went from ''Okay'' in the early 2nd to a 20-40 range for sure ? I hate draft hype ....
Between the NHL and the individual team combines, this is the time of year when whispers start going around about which team likes which guy and just how highly teams value certain players. Who knows if any of it is true or not.

Closed Thread