HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Poirier is a moneyshot player. He sames to be always dominant when the game is important. God knows Montreal could use this kind of player
Hah, I remember that huge comeback he led against Rimouski(?). Clutch.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
But seriously... Someone will have to tell me how... Without playing, both Poirier and Dauphin went from ''Okay'' in the early 2nd to a 20-40 range for sure ? I hate draft hype ....
I think Dauphin's hype came from the U-18
Poirier had steady hype and his play-offs just increased it.. He had a PPG in the play-offs and 4 of those games came against Halifax.. 2 goals vs. Halifax in game #3 and 1 assist against Halifax in game #4 which turns out to be a factor in 3 out of 5 goals against the Memorial Cup Champs. Says to me (and I saw it with my own eyes) that he stepped up against top notch competition despite very little support.

You also have to take into consideration that we don't have a pick between 36-55, likely the range these kids go into.. so if the Habs want the local talent, they'll either have to trade back (and risk the Pageau situation) or just take them where they are and be happy with their prognostications.

Last edited by WeThreeKings: 06-08-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old
06-08-2013, 05:35 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Quote:
This would be nice... But it won't happen It would also depend on who is still there at 25.
Working 9-6 makes a man's mind go funny from 4-6.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think Dauphin's hype came from the U-18
Poirier had steady hype and his play-offs just increased it.. He had a PPG in the play-offs and 4 of those games came against Halifax.. 2 goals vs. Halifax in game #3 and 1 assist against Halifax in game #4 which turns out to be a factor in 3 out of 5 goals against the defending Memorial Cup Champs. Says to me (and I saw it with my own eyes) that he stepped up against top notch competition despite very little support.

You also have to take into consideration that we don't have a pick between 36-55, likely the range these kids go into.. so if the Habs want the local talent, they'll either have to trade back (and risk the Pageau situation) or just take them where they are and be happy with their prognostications.
For the record, I'm not saying this because I don't like the kids. I've pointed out many times during the season that I would take both Poirier and Flipper over Gauthier/Mantha... But I don't like all that hype, now if we don't draft them in the first and they go 34-35 people will want heads to fall...

Old
06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Hah, I remember that huge comeback he led against Rimouski(?). Clutch.
It was against Val-D'Or, the game on TVA Sports, right?

Mantha was largely invisible. Poirier was on fire the whole night.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Quote:
For the record, I'm not saying this because I don't like the kids. I've pointed out many times during the season that I would take both Poirier and Flipper over Gauthier/Mantha... But I don't like all that hype, now if we don't draft them in the first and they go 34-35 people will want heads to fall...
Either way, someone is going to be mad.

If we get Dickinson and Bailey.. people will be mad we didn't get either of the local kids.
If we get Dauphin and Poirier, I think everyone will be content, some people might not be ecstatic.

It is rare we get a draft like last year where I don't think any one was mad at any of the selections.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Either way, someone is going to be mad.

If we get Dickinson and Bailey.. people will be mad we didn't get either of the local kids.
If we get Dauphin and Poirier, I think everyone will be content, some people might not be ecstatic.

It is rare we get a draft like last year where I don't think any one was mad at any of the selections.
So pick 1 local kid and 1 of the OHL project big men...problem solved.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:08 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Timmins for the most part hasn't caved in to pick locals over BPA you could argue leblanc but he was pretty much the BPA .i trust he will do the same this year.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Intangiblezzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Anyone can say that to make a prospect look better...
That is their ultimate potential, I also said Dauphin can become like Bergeron.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Ideal draft for me would be hartman poirier and McCarron or Hartman Lehkonen klimchuk or something along those lines

Old
06-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Runner77

vCash: 65700
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
You're right. I think Petan is in my top 25 at this point.
God, kill me now.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:32 PM
boredmale

Quote:
86: Tristan Jarry
I am guessing Jarry is the 2nd goalie picked(3rd at worse) and will be picked somewhere in the 2nd round

Old
06-08-2013, 06:33 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Wouldn't be against petan he is a top 15 talent if he isn't tiny. If he works on his strength and adds weight he could be a special player. Keep in mind gionta is as good as gone next year and perhaps even desharnais so we could afford another "smurf" he doesn't play that small either. Great prospect

Old
06-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Intangiblezzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
God, kill me now.
Petan would be top 15 if he was 2 inches taller.

He deserves to be drafted in the 25.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I bet Petan will go exactly where Grimaldi went last year and both are the same type of players. Loads of skill but small in stature. I think that if we draft Petan we won't regret it.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Intangiblezzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I bet Petan will go exactly where Grimaldi went last year and both are the same type of players. Loads of skill but small in stature. I think that if we draft Petan we won't regret it.
They will probably end up being drafted at about the same place but if Petan is taller by like 3 inches.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Runner77

vCash: 65700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post

Yes, but it'll never be us drafting him.

If by some chance it were us, I'd pull an Elvis and shoot the tv.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:

Only draft him if he grows 2 inches by June 30th. We don't need anymore small players unless we plan to enter the Quebec PeeWee Tourament.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
They will probably end up being drafted at about the same place but if Petan is taller by like 3 inches.
Yea I know but they are both viewed as small skilled fowards. Their careers might be quite similar.

On a side note, I would love for us to get Mantha. A big, fast, pure goal scorer that might be available at our pick is a guy you pick up and run with. He will be a steal wherever he goes IMO.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:32 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Looking at the 55th pick, does anyone have anything on Hudson Fasching? I read his story, pretty sad to read, but I know that it was enough to see that the kid has character. Does anyone think he'll still be around by our last 2nd round pick?

Old
06-08-2013, 08:09 PM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
But seriously... Someone will have to tell me how... Without playing, both Poirier and Dauphin went from ''Okay'' in the early 2nd to a 20-40 range for sure ? I hate draft hype ....
You haven't seen anything yet. We have three weeks to go and by the eve of the draft there will be 30 to 40 players that people will be touting as certain future hall of famers. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good and deep draft, but there's still no one in this draft that I would trade Galchenyuk even up for. But there's a herd mentality that affects fans and teams alike. It just happened in the NFL draft when there was a run on offensive tackles. There was no reason or logic behind it, but you had usually very stable and good drafting teams reaching for players that had no business being taken in the first round. You can see it in this upcoming draft. Hockey people, the media, the fans, etc. all talking about this being the best draft in 10 years, maybe of all time. Perhaps. But I think it's going to be a sellers' market and we are in a good position to sell have 4 picks in the 'meat' of this draft 25-60. If the right offer comes, I'd trade down in a second. There is very little difference in the players that will be available in the late first round up to the end of the third round. Unless you are drafting in the top 12 or 14, this is a draft to have quantity over quality. Let us sit back and watch the frenzy. Who knows what offers we get in that environment.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Yes, but it'll never be us drafting him.

If by some chance it were us, I'd pull an Elvis and shoot the tv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Only draft him if he grows 2 inches by June 30th. We don't need anymore small players unless we plan to enter the Quebec PeeWee Tourament.
Last time we had this mentality Giroux/Fischer happened, keep going guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Looking at the 55th pick, does anyone have anything on Hudson Fasching? I read his story, pretty sad to read, but I know that it was enough to see that the kid has character. Does anyone think he'll still be around by our last 2nd round pick?
He could be avalaible at our 3rd imo. Big faller, he was touted as a 1st rounder at the start of the year.

With that said, I'd draft him with our 2nd if no one interesting was there. Ideally I'd like to wait for pick 77. He's big, uses his size and he has soft hands. +He drives the net!

Last edited by Mrb1p: 06-08-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old
06-08-2013, 08:28 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Just read his story too.

Don't know if the Habs have interest, but I really hope this kid makes it and gets a lot of money to play. He sounds like he deserves it.

Sidenote: Hudson went to Apple Valley High School which is the same place David Fischer attended.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:30 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea I know but they are both viewed as small skilled fowards. Their careers might be quite similar.

On a side note, I would love for us to get Mantha. A big, fast, pure goal scorer that might be available at our pick is a guy you pick up and run with. He will be a steal wherever he goes IMO.
Forget Mantha at 25.
Here just hoping we can trade up and get him at 19-20.

Before 25th, Morin, Mantha, Gauthier are all tall players who will be in demand considering the PO. Kings and Boston in top-4 are going to have an impact on size during the draft.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Forget Mantha at 25.
Here just hoping we can trade up and get him at 19-20.

Before 25th, Morin, Mantha, Gauthier are all tall players who will be in demand considering the PO. Kings and Boston in top-4 are going to have an impact on size during the draft.
This would be true if those players actually played a playoff-brand hockey Marchand sure has a lot of trouble in the PO.

Closed Thread