HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 10.0

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 11:35 AM
niftymove

vCash: 500
Quote:
It's about Button himself having 2 different opinions....says it all.
A good one!

Old
06-09-2013, 11:35 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Put me down as someone else that would select Poirier ahead of Dauphin. Like WTK says, he has the better frame to fill out. He's a warrior and got much stronger as the season progressed.

Dauphin is good, but the Habs have a similar player in Hudon. Emile brings grit and two-way acumen. He tends to raise his level of play when the chips are down too.
Me too. My ideal trio for the 25h, 34th, 36th is :
#25 : Morin
#34 : Poirier
#36 : Dauphin

Old
06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
niftymove

Quote:
Would love it!

but my guess is Morin will burn the first round!

Old
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftymove View Post
Would love it!

but my guess is Morin will burn the first round!
Yeah, I know... He hope he falls to the 25th pick. As much as some people here would love to have a forward with our first pick, I think it doesn't matter too much. There isn't much of a difference between the forwards that will be available with our first and our second round picks. In Morin's case, he's like 6 foot 7 with good skating, excellent active stick, and he can fight (lol, jk)!. I think a player like him is muchhhh more valuable than any forward we could draft in the first. Imagine him and Tinordi in the line-up, given they develop nicely. That defence would be really hard to play against.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
How did you get access to the combine results? Seems like delicate information for teams to make public.

Old
06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

What are folks thoughts on Jason Dickinson. Big strong kid, who can skate, has good hands, and goes to the net. Has a developing nasty streak. Put up decent numbers for a young '95. Good rep defensively. Only real weakness I kind find in his game is a less than great shot.

I think he can develop into a complementary space maker in the top 6. Could be a steal in the 2nd round, and a possibility at 25.

Thoughts?

Old
06-09-2013, 11:54 AM
habs76sk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I like both Dauphin and Klimchuk both could play on our team and I'd be really happy. They both give 100% every shift, Klimchuk is a better skater, Dauphin a better stickhandler, each are going to play in the NHL IMO.

The defencemen that standout for possible Habs, If we didn't have Subban, Beaulieu, Diaz and Bennett in the system, I would take Morrisey, Bowey* and Mueller. Morin is the Dman I want but Heatherington would be nice to have in the system also.
Quote:
Bowey is a good call if Morin is taken and Heatherington as well depends on which pick. Roy is a rover, he doesn't know what defence means, Theodore is great offensively too but not Bergevin's cup of java IMO. Diaby for sure if the Habs don't get Morin.

I also would not mind Morin, he has moved up many draft boards with his play this season. One question, why Mueller over a guy like Pulock? In addition, why is there so much differential on opinions on Pulock?

Diaby in the 3rd would be ok with me. Not before then. A bit of a project from what I hear and limited O-upside.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
katatoniak

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ael-Diaby.html

Diaby at 250 pounds for the combine.

Not a great hockey IQ but the MOAR size fans probably want us to draft him haha

Old
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiseBleuHonnete View Post
Yeah, I know... He hope he falls to the 25th pick. As much as some people here would love to have a forward with our first pick, I think it doesn't matter too much. There isn't much of a difference between the forwards that will be available with our first and our second round picks. In Morin's case, he's like 6 foot 7 with good skating, excellent active stick, and he can fight (lol, jk)!. I think a player like him is muchhhh more valuable than any forward we could draft in the first. Imagine him and Tinordi in the line-up, given they develop nicely. That defence would be really hard to play against.
But that's the thing, Morin is basically just a poor mans Tinordi. Worse skating, and 3 years behind development wise. Both are Left D too, which just compounds their similarities.

I don't think we use our first on a worse version of a guy we already have.

In the 2nd round, sure!

Old
06-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Tyson

Quote:
That would be amazing.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post

I'd rather Diaby in the middle/late rounds than Morin in the 1st that's for sure.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Quote:

Nice - Love when they come from prof athlete families
Is he someone that will still be around in the third?

Old
06-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Nedved

Quote:

if we draft anybody under 6'2'', in such a big body draft year, i'll be furious. no excuses gainey ...

Old
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
But that's the thing, Morin is basically just a poor mans Tinordi. Worse skating, and 3 years behind development wise. Both are Left D too, which just compounds their similarities.

In the 2nd round, sure!
Not sure we could compare Morin to Tinordi that much. Morin actualy have offensive upside and doesn't even play the same kind of game as Tinordi.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Tyson

Quote:
I'd rather Diaby in the middle/late rounds than Morin in the 1st that's for sure.
That is an interesting point. The kid is a project but 6'5 250 is has to overlook if he possesses the potential to improve.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM
otto bond

What would be a realistic price for Habs to move in the top 10? Just not possible? I just would love for that big winger from Rus and he could make most team at of camp according to Craig.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Nice - Love when they come from prof athlete families
Is he someone that will still be around in the third?
Diaby should only be considered late 3rd, IMO

Quote:

In the 2nd round, sure!
Yup, Morin would be less than ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs76sk View Post
I also would not mind Morin, he has moved up many draft boards with his play this season. One question, why Mueller over a guy like Pulock? In addition, why is there so much differential on opinions on Pulock?

Diaby in the 3rd would be ok with me. Not before then. A bit of a project from what I hear and limited O-upside.
Pulock has an elite slapper and beyond that, what do you have? Not much else. Mueller does everything well, he's a minute eating defenseman with good size and a good stride, someone you can put out in any situation and get results.

Quote:
What are folks thoughts on Jason Dickinson. Big strong kid, who can skate, has good hands, and goes to the net. Has a developing nasty streak. Put up decent numbers for a young '95. Good rep defensively. Only real weakness I kind find in his game is a less than great shot.

I think he can develop into a complementary space maker in the top 6. Could be a steal in the 2nd round, and a possibility at 25.

Thoughts?
I obviosly like Dickinson but I also think you are underrating his shot and overrating his "mean" streak

Old
06-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
What would be a realistic price for Habs to move in the top 10? Just not possible? I just would love for that big winger from Rus and he could make most team at of camp according to Craig.
Realistically? Habs first and likely two of their three second picks. Moving from #25 to the top ten would take a lot.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:25 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I obviosly like Dickinson but I also think you are underrating his shot and overrating his "mean" streak
My bad, mean more physical than nasty, as in he's not afraid to use his big body.

Is his shot good? I only downgraded it as I couldn't find any tape of him sniping one, all of his goals seemed to be within 5-6 feet from the net.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:27 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Realistically? Habs first and likely two of their three second picks. Moving from #25 to the top ten would take a lot.
For Nichushkin, I'd think about it. I consider him an elite first line winger type. He and Galchenyuk would tear the league a new one.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:29 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
My bad, mean more physical than nasty, as in he's not afraid to use his big body.

Is his shot good? I only downgraded it as I couldn't find any tape of him sniping one, all of his goals seemed to be within 5-6 feet from the net.

Look at 1 minute to 2.. couple snipes right in a row, that show good power, could stand for a quicker release but there's power and accuracy there.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:31 PM
habs76sk

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean
Put me down as someone else that would select Poirier ahead of Dauphin. Like WTK says, he has the better frame to fill out. He's a warrior and got much stronger as the season progressed.

Dauphin is good, but the Habs have a similar player in Hudon. Emile brings grit and two-way acumen. He tends to raise his level of play when the chips are down too.

If Poirer brings it when the chips are down, what does Dauphin do? I mean a goal and assist in the gold medal game at the U-18s isn't too shabby.

My list is currently:

25 - Morin, Dauphin, Klimchuk, Morrissey, Pulock, Horvat
34 - Any of the remaining from above, plus Bowey and Poirer and Petan
36 - Any of the remaining from above, plus Dickinson, Theodore, and Bailey

Neeedless to say, I really like a lot of prospects in this draft and really like where our three picks position us.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:34 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Hmmm interesting, not as steep has I tough.
Quote:
For Nichushkin, I'd think about it. I consider him an elite first line winger type. He and Galchenyuk would tear the league a new one.
Drooooolllllll. Add Gallagher to that line
Ok back to reality.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Bob b smith

From another team's draft board:

"It'll be interesting to see what kind of impact to the draft Calgary and Columbus will have. Both teams could really throw a wrench into which players are available late in the draft if they use their second picks on players they need instead of BPA (Fucale for Calgary and Morin/Mantha types for both)."

A reminder Calgary and Columbus have 3 First each... Calgary 6, 22, 28... Columbus 14, 19, 27...

Old
06-09-2013, 12:36 PM
habs76sk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs76sk

Pulock has an elite slapper and beyond that, what do you have? Not much else. Mueller does everything well, he's a minute eating defenseman with good size and a good stride, someone you can put out in any situation and get results.

Pulock is a good skater that can play physical... He has some developing to do but his upside is pretty large.. Mueller doesn't have as much upside from my understanding

Closed Thread