HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge XI: The Numbers All Go to 11.

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
That kid is a ****ing loser

Old
07-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

vCash: 50
I quite like him. He reminds me of me. Kind of. Without the drugs.

Old
07-12-2013, 06:45 PM
SCanedinavian

so the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars just bought Fulham. Anyone here know much about him? I'm pretty nervous.

Old
07-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Mr America

Why hasn't the forums been re-arranged into the new divisions yet?

Old
07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 2732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr America View Post
Why hasn't the forums been re-arranged into the new divisions yet?
Unless I missed it, we don't know the names for them yet... wasn't it thought maybe they would be announced next week with the new schedule? I'd guess it'd happen shortly.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:54 PM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

Bingo. Soon as everything's 100% official with the league in terms of division names and the like it'll be adjusted. Until then, nada

Old
07-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCanedinavian View Post
so the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars just bought Fulham. Anyone here know much about him? I'm pretty nervous.
I'm the most die hard Jaguars fan you're likely to find. Anything in specific you were looking for on him as far as info or anything? (PM me if you want)

Also, tonite is a nite to celebrate. I shall open the Good Stuff

Old
07-12-2013, 10:28 PM
vwg*

Quote:
Billionaire originally from Pakistan who made his fortune in the car industry. He's pretty committed to turning around the Jags from what I can tell. Probably won't be a bad owner for Fulham, but I doubt he'll turn them into a top flight team or anything like Mansour did with Manchester City.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:00 AM
SCanedinavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
I'm the most die hard Jaguars fan you're likely to find. Anything in specific you were looking for on him as far as info or anything? (PM me if you want)
Cheers dude, just wondering whether he seems like a guy who knows you can't make easy money by owning a mid table team in the PL? Biggest worry is him thinking its gonna be easy mode and selling on when it isnt. Seems like the Jaguars fans are pretty happy with him?

Old
07-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Hearing that UNC is about to be ripped off its foundation by a national publication. I'm hearing 'devastating' to describe what's coming. Take it for what it's worth.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

Quote:
Cheers dude, just wondering whether he seems like a guy who knows you can't make easy money by owning a mid table team in the PL? Biggest worry is him thinking its gonna be easy mode and selling on when it isnt. Seems like the Jaguars fans are pretty happy with him?
He knows very well you can't make easy money. He's a very responsible, honorable type. He started working at his auto parts company in a minor role, then wound up owning it years later. The Jags are very much like Fulham in that they aren't perennial power house teams. Hell, the Jags haven't even made the playoffs in 6 years.

He *IS* a very committed owner tho. One of the first things he did as Jags owner was spend a lot (I think it was 10m, but I could be wrong) of his own money renovating the Jaguars locker room and team facility so the players would enjoy being there and wanna hang out. He's also spent a lot of his own money buying up ship yards and other properties around Jacksonville to try to reinvigorate the city and recently reached an agreement with the city on 63m worth of upgrades for Everbank Field, including, a score board that's supposed to be bigger than the one in Dallas.

A lot of us Jaguars fans were very worried after Wayne Weaver (the old owner) sold the team, a new owner would be looking for the fast track out of dodge to LA or wherever. But he said he was committed to making the team work in Jacksonville and so far he's more than lived up to that.

What I will say tho, is that he is very no nonsense. After giving the old front office a chance last year and watching the 2-14 debacle. He got rid of everyone (GM, HC, OC & DC) and brought in a whole new team. He understands that success doesn't appear overnite and the Jaguars are likely going to struggle for a year or two until completely rebuilt, but he knows how to get things done and put the right people in charge.

He'll want to make FFC relevant again, but do it through smart, subtle moves over time. I doubt very much he'll pull a Mansour in Manchester City.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:37 PM
vwg*

60 Minutes CBS also had a segment on him if you want to search for it. I really like the guy after learning about him. Hope both the Jaguars and Fulham succeed.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Sens1Canes2

Question - if a new owner did indeed bolt to LA, why would you have cared? Same team, different city...

Unless you have a connection to Jax that I am unaware of. That would make sense.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Question - if a new owner did indeed bolt to LA, why would you have cared? Same team, different city...

Unless you have a connection to Jax that I am unaware of. That would make sense.
no connection really, but I've been a fan since 1995 when they got Brunell. (I'd been a Brunell fan since the 80's and his days at U-Dub and even (at the expense of nothing for my birthday or Christmas) convinced my parents to take me to the 1993 Rose Bowl to watch him play live)

18 years later I'm still as big a fan as ever. Even tho I was a fan of a player, who became a fan of the team said player played for, I stayed with the Jags even after Brunell moved on, I still followed him closely, but was a Jaguars fan first. Would've loved to have seen him win a Super Bowl in Jacksonville (the 1999 season still gives me nitemares), but was very glad to see him win one with New Orleans.

So to answer your question, I would still be a fan of the team if they moved and still follow them religiously, but, I'd be a bit sad too see them leave. Same deal as the Whalers. I became a fan when I met Sean Burke in 1993 and even though they moved to the State I was living in, in 1997 (which was cool) I was still a bit sad to see them leave Hartford.

Besides, LA already proved twice that it can't support a team

Old
07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Sens1Canes2

Having a six hour layover is certainly not fun. However, filling that time with YouTube clips of the Canes trolling the Bruins, or the '09 playoffs against the Devils, definitely kills time.

I must add that watching the last few minutes of Bruins-Leafs Game 7 is quite fun as well. I've never jumped in the air for a Bruins goal in my life, and yet it happened twice that night.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I love 6 hour layovers... $100 bar tab, usually some hot chicks, and good people from around the world to talk to

Old
07-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
I love 6 hour layovers... $100 bar tab, usually some hot chicks, and good people from around the world to talk to
Delta lounge, married, headphones on iPad.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

married people can't look at or chat with hot chicks? Well unless the wife is there.. I'm not advocating adultery LOL

Old
07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
married people can't look at or chat with hot chicks? Well unless the wife is there.. I'm not advocating adultery LOL
Regardless, I'm not cool enough. You on the other hand, you have a badge. That **** should get you loads of action.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

LOL... don't tend to crack that out while I'm pounding microbrews... What are you drinking?

Old
07-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
LOL... don't tend to crack that out while I'm pounding microbrews... What are you drinking?
Ummm. Diet Coke. I usually don't drink at all except when I'm playing poker or watching football. Weird, I know. As I've gotten older, it just makes me tired. Very sad state of affairs.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Man I love poker... Was in the poker room for 50 hours my first 4 days in Reno according to my comps... LOL... Love 1/2 NL

Old
07-14-2013, 12:24 AM
Surrounded By Ahos
Keep firing, Ahos!

vCash: 2864
Alcohol talk time!

I finally tired Shotgun Betty. It was like a version of Budweiser that wasn't absolute garbage. I still love Sweet Josie, but Shotgun Betty was very good.

I also just discovered Fireball whiskey. It tastes like Red Hots. This is literally the greatest thing.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Fireball is great and shotgun Betty is amazing. I think we could drink together.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:31 AM
raynman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad King Jimmy View Post
Alcohol talk time!

I finally tired Shotgun Betty. It was like a version of Budweiser that wasn't absolute garbage. I still love Sweet Josie, but Shotgun Betty was very good.

I also just discovered Fireball whiskey. It tastes like Red Hots. This is literally the greatest thing.
Fireball is dangerously good. If you want to take it up a notch try Fire Water.

Closed Thread