HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #18 (TIE-BREAKER)

View Poll Results: #18 (TIE-BREAKER)
Brandon Dubinsky 27 58.70%
Dominic Moore 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2005, 12:47 PM
  #1
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,438
vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll - #18 (TIE-BREAKER)

Dubinsky for me . Dubinsky has more 2nd like potential then Moore IMO thus: Dubinsky > Moore.

Runner up of the poll WILL receive the #19 spot since nobody was close to the two.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
  #2
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
Dubinsky - if he pans out he'll bring more to the table in terms of offensive potential and toughness...

Barnaby is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
  #3
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,438
vCash: 500
Just a question..why are people voting for moore over Dubinsky? I here agruments for Dub but nobody really saids anything about moore. Just curious.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
  #4
rnyquist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Just a question..why are people voting for moore over Dubinsky? I here agruments for Dub but nobody really saids anything about moore. Just curious.
I think people just vote for moore out of stupidity really

rnyquist is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 03:32 PM
  #5
NYRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Because people have been stating reasons for Moore the last 5 rds.

NYRangers is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
  #6
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Because people have been stating reasons for Moore the last 5 rds.
I see two people who made arguments for Moore, Sjb and Kovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Went with Dominic Moore again. Kid's still got 2nd line potential, I believe, but could also serve as an elite 3rd line winger. Very underrated defensive game. Overall just a slick and extremely smart player.

.
-----

Im asking for reasons why Moore over Dub. Care to answer?

Like i said I voted Dub over Moore because Dub put up good numbers in WHL, this season ive read hes really worked on his defensive game and improved, hes a tuff kid and can potentially could get the to the 2nd line on the Rangers in a few years, Moores stint with the rangers while impressive was like i said on a stint...i dont want to judge him on just that game, i see him as a sure lock for the 3rd line and possibly the 2nd line. Final statement...I think Dubinsky and Moore are both future NHLers but I think Dubinsky will bring more the table.


Last edited by FLYLine24: 05-25-2005 at 03:55 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 04:07 PM
  #7
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
I voted for Moore too..

It's really a crapshoot at this point. I think Moore can definitely play in the NHL. I think he can be a fourth line center (just because he's not tough and doesn't fight doesn't mean he can't be a skilled guy with a couple tough guys) and I think he can play on the penalty kill. I think there's a chance he can play on a third line, but it's not very high, but at least he can fill-in on a third line in case of injury. He's a decent utility guy.

Dubinsky seems to have nice skill and decent size and grit. He's a long way from being an NHLer and it is a bit troubling that his points per game went down this past season and that he went from being the top scorer to the third top scorer. That's going the wrong way. Good news is he's still very young. But a bit more uncertainty in a guy who looks to be at best a second liner, and that's a huge guess at this point.

It wasn't because of stupidity, as suggested, but I didn't feel as though each pick had to be explained and backed up.

Fletch is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 04:10 PM
  #8
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
It's really a crapshoot at this point. I think Moore can definitely play in the NHL. I think he can be a fourth line center (just because he's not tough and doesn't fight doesn't mean he can't be a skilled guy with a couple tough guys) and I think he can play on the penalty kill. I think there's a chance he can play on a third line, but it's not very high, but at least he can fill-in on a third line in case of injury. He's a decent utility guy.

Dubinsky seems to have nice skill and decent size and grit. He's a long way from being an NHLer and it is a bit troubling that his points per game went down this past season and that he went from being the top scorer to the third top scorer. That's going the wrong way. Good news is he's still very young. But a bit more uncertainty in a guy who looks to be at best a second liner, and that's a huge guess at this point.

I think (remember i haven't see him..just going by stuff that i read) the reason his points went down is because he started played better defensivly....im very curious to see what is points will look like next season though...

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 04:35 PM
  #9
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
I'm curious too....

but you can play better defensively and increase your point totals as you grow older in a league. To me, that excuse is always a cop-out from someone who likes the player (not saying you). Sounds logical, but it just raises another question and another wait and see, that's all. I do look forward to seeing what he will do next season.

Fletch is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
  #10
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Im asking for reasons why Moore over Dub. Care to answer?
Dubinsky is much younger, so his future role is much harder to project at this point. However, I think that he'll probably top out as an elite 3rd liner seeing occasional second line duty (much like Moore). What really impresses me about Moore is his on-ice smarts. He is just an extremely intelligent and slick player in all three zones. His brilliance on the PK comes from smarts and not all-out energy like Ortmeyer.

I like Dubinsky's energy and leadership, but I do wonder how much comes from raw energy and how much comes natural skill and intelligence. I haven't seen all that much of him unfortunately and can only go on what I've read. Nevertheless, everything I've seen from Moore leads me to think he still has 2nd line potential and may become a real team leader some day.

Onion Boy is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 06:28 PM
  #11
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
I think people just vote for moore out of stupidity really
And I really don't think that your comment was necessary. This is all about our opinions and NO ONE here has seen most of these prospects enough to pass judgement on another poster's opinions.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
  #12
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
I voted for Dubinsky, but it could go either way. Moore is def closer... tho I don't think he'll be more then a 4th liner/3rd line filler. Dubinsky might have some more upside, but then again he may never make the NHL. It's a matter of preference that could go either way. Moore is not a stupid pick by any means. This is the 18th best prospect, it's not like anyones calling for him in the top 5.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 07:09 PM
  #13
rnyquist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
And I really don't think that your comment was necessary. This is all about our opinions and NO ONE here has seen most of these prospects enough to pass judgement on another poster's opinions.
hey dude, notice the wink, its a joke, chill

rnyquist is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
  #14
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
I hear you Barnaby...

I don't totally disagree, but for me I went with more certainty at this point. It's a convulted formula, but that's where I came out. Like I said, it's a crapshoot...

Fletch is offline  
Old
05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
  #15
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
hey dude, notice the wink, its a joke, chill
Whatever.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 03:48 AM
  #16
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,689
vCash: 500
Great to hear everyones opinion on Moore. Its what this board is about. A Murray-Moore-Ortmayer line in the NHL would be something.

Ola is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 06:48 AM
  #17
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Moores stint with the rangers while impressive was like i said on a stint...i dont want to judge him on just that game.
I don't understand this logic. If you don't want to judge Moore on his "stint" with the NYR, then judge him on two full AHL seasons. What really sold me on Moore was the 10-12 Pack games I was able to catch this year. Besides, even if you don't want to evaluate Moore on a couple NHL games, how can you evaluate Dubinsky who I presume you've never seen play?

Onion Boy is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 08:06 AM
  #18
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Great to hear everyones opinion on Moore.
I can agree with almost everyone's posts though, so it doesn't explain why "people are voting for Moore". There isn't a huge difference of opinion, it just comes down to the way we vote on these poles in general. We're all applying a slightly different criteria when we vote.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 09:47 AM
  #19
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Great to hear everyones opinion on Moore. Its what this board is about. A Murray-Moore-Ortmayer line in the NHL would be something.
Yea, an absolute disaster

Barnaby is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
  #20
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
I picked Moore because he showed that he can play in the NHL. When the NHL resumes IMO he will be with the rangers. Yeah Dubinsky could be a nive player but right now he's a long away from the NHL.

Many people before this year had Moore as a possible top 10 prospect. Now that he had an off year people have abandoned him. I still think he'd make a good player.

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
  #21
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
Darth...

I thought most had Moore in the 10-20 range in terms of prospect potential. Of course that shot-up a bit when he had three assists in one NHL game and played like he belonged, but I don't think (or I could be remembering incorrectly) he was ever top 10.

Ola...The line is intriguiging, but it just wouldn't work. That line seems so AHLish right now (Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer).

Fletch is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
  #22
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I picked Moore because he showed that he can play in the NHL. When the NHL resumes IMO he will be with the rangers. Yeah Dubinsky could be a nive player but right now he's a long away from the NHL.
Then what about Garth Murray? He have also shown that he can play in the NHL. Was more impressive then Moore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I can agree with almost everyone's posts though, so it doesn't explain why "people are voting for Moore". There isn't a huge difference of opinion, it just comes down to the way we vote on these poles in general. We're all applying a slightly different criteria when we vote.
It did explain it, to me atleast. Go back a year maybe, people where talking about Moores skill level and said that it was good enough to play on a top line in NY. However from what I saw of Moore last year and in 3 games this year the skill level isn't there. I think we all can agree on that. There are so many skilled hockeyplayers out their which Domminic Moore just can't compete with. But the reason stated now however is how smart he is on the ice and that compensate for allot IMO.

My bet is that we will see more balanced lines in the future if the game is opened up some. I don't think we will see the traditional 2 scoring lines 2 checkinglines lineup. Especially if the redline is removed. As it is today the best way to score a goal is by giving the puck away and wait for a misstake and then capatilize on a fast transitionplay. If the game is opened up more there will be less misstakes, less turnovers. Not as effective to give the puck away. More important to controll the puck. More important to have atleast one player on every line that can handle the transition game. More spots in a lineup for someone like Moore!

However I voted for Dubinsky, and after that I am voting for Murray. Then maybe Moore. Because I haven't been impressed with Moore, when I've seen him play and I am expecting allot from a 25 y/o at this stage. I like the sound of Dubinsky though. And I think Murray is really underrated. He if he just could improve his skating a notch. However the reason why I come to this board is to listen what other fans have to say about prospects. Not to convince them to think like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Ola...The line is intriguiging, but it just wouldn't work. That line seems so AHLish right now (Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer).
Homegrown you mean? They are all pretty smart players. On a fourth line Moore-Ortmayer would be a well rested duo to get PK time. Murray is low maintanace player with a edge. He is also quit responsible with the puck. I think he have benefited allot from playing center in the AHL. With a good system in place I think this line could be more then OK. All three are also really devoted teamplayers and a line that certainly would set a good example for the team. Homegrown, hardworking and smart. Though they lack scoring punch and some speed.


Last edited by Ola: 05-26-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Ola is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
  #23
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
Hollweg passed Murray on my personal list...

last season. I had a lot of skepticisms about Hollweg due to his injuries, but last season quelled those fears a bit. I liked Murray a lot as a Ranger. He skated well. He shot the puck often, in some games. He hit guys when he had the chance. And he didn't look out of place or a liability on defense. Then comes this season and he doesn't do much. In the games I saw he wasn't active. He wasn't putting points up. So I came to the conclusion that he may be wildy inconsistent, and perhaps oft-injured, thus going down a couple notches in my book.

Fletch is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
  #24
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
I don't understand this logic. If you don't want to judge Moore on his "stint" with the NYR, then judge him on two full AHL seasons. What really sold me on Moore was the 10-12 Pack games I was able to catch this year. Besides, even if you don't want to evaluate Moore on a couple NHL games, how can you evaluate Dubinsky who I presume you've never seen play?
I go by what I read on Dubinsky, I dont vote for players who Ive seen play because then the first 15 would be the entire AHL team. Like someone else said he slowed down during the 2nd half of the AHL season, and was invisible in the big games (playoffs). I just feel Dubinsky has a better chance to hit the 2nd line the Moore...my opinion of the 2 if not that far apart then you think. After Dubinsky got in I was going to start voting for Moore. (Back in round 13 or 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I can agree with almost everyone's posts though, so it doesn't explain why "people are voting for Moore". There isn't a huge difference of opinion, it just comes down to the way we vote on these poles in general. We're all applying a slightly different criteria when we vote.
Exactly

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
05-26-2005, 11:48 AM
  #25
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Then what about Garth Murray? He have also shown that he can play in the NHL. Was more impressive then Moore.
I'm obviously not a big Dom Moore fan, but Murray was not better in his time. Moore at least looked like he was somewhat involved, and put up some nice points. I came away thinking Moore can play in the NHL, but I wasn't impressed at all with Murray. To me he just looked slow, and mentally a step behind. I really don't see the potential there right now. I'd actually have to agree with Fletch that I would take Hollweg, and think he's moved ahead of Murray. Murray just hasn't grown as a player the way most expected.

Barnaby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.