HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the flames first trade this offseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
  #176
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,149
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
They can also play center and defense as well. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. This team needs to stop plugging players into there unnatural position
It's alot easier for wingers to switch sides. Cammy has looked good on the right, and Glencross is versatile and can play either to. Tangs should also get moved and probably will. The biggest thing I like about Stalberg is his size and his skating ability. Plus he's skilled and has some upside. As long as we don't pay him over 2 a season, I think he'd be a good addition.

Hell yes let's get Myers. Trade them Tangs, and our 28th and be done with it.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
  #177
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
On what world is Tanguay and the 28th enough for Myers?

Look at how we value Brodie, keep adding, would you trade him for that package?

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:55 PM
  #178
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 1000
Myers has been really mediocre since his rookie season and is signed long term 5.5M. And while he'd definitely be a worthwhile project, he's in no way worth what the Sabres will undoubtedly ask for, i.e. 6th overall ++.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:56 PM
  #179
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,149
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
On what world is Tanguay and the 28th enough for Myers?

Look at how we value Brodie, keep adding, would you trade him for that package?
Nope, what else could we offer though?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:27 AM
  #180
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Nope, what else could we offer though?
Myers, although he's been down lately, and is probably one of the most overrated D-men in the league... Is still worth more than I think Calgary should be giving up.

If we take:
Brodie, Bartschi, the 6th off the table; since this is where our rebuild core is coming from currently...

We are left with:
Late firsts, older players, mid-tier prospects.

Buffalo won't bite for anything outside of those three, and Calgary shouldn't be looking to move any of them.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 01:47 AM
  #181
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 50
backlund, cammy at 4 m, 22nd ovr. dont want myers at all but thats my take.

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
  #182
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
I dont see ownership retaining any salary.

They didnt want to suck it up and take Kotalik in the minors for a season... they wont be sucking up 2M to get another expensive player like Vanek or Myers.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
  #183
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
I dont see ownership retaining any salary.

They didnt want to suck it up and take Kotalik in the minors for a season... they wont be sucking up 2M to get another expensive player like Vanek or Myers.
Feaster already said in the year end presser that there is options to take advantage of club in cap strapped situations

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:15 AM
  #184
Sean Monahan
#boring
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,907
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Feaster already said in the year end presser that there is options to take advantage of club in cap strapped situations
maybe that's why Murray Edwards wants to find a competent president before the draft

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:18 AM
  #185
Anglesmith
Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,158
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
To Flames: Older overpaid vet + later 1st pick + obscured prospects
To Another team: 6th pick

Guaranty trade...that's how Feaster operates.
Not sure I understand what you wrote, but I'm pretty sure that this sort of thing is exactly what Feaster has, in multiple ways, ruled out doing. Maybe you miswrote, because he's specifically stated that he's only moving the 6th overall to move up, and he's not looking to add post-apex players unless it's scoring them younger help at the same time.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:24 AM
  #186
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
Not sure I understand what you wrote, but I'm pretty sure that this sort of thing is exactly what Feaster has, in multiple ways, ruled out doing. Maybe you miswrote, because he's specifically stated that he's only moving the 6th overall to move up, and he's not looking to add post-apex players unless it's scoring them younger help at the same time.
He's just a plain troll on these boards man, most people just ignore him.

I have to think Florida wouldn't turn down the 3 first rounders offer Calgary would throw at them. Perhaps it could be a draft-time trade?
If Seth goes first it happens, if Mack goes first, then there's a no-go.

I'm actually happy, thoroughly, Feaster is actually trying something with impact for once.
At the end of the day, MacKinnon >>>>> anything available at 6, 22 or 28.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Calgary grab that #2 if Mack's on the table with the firsts, and then try and get back into the first round using Cammy/Tanguay as a centerpiece to do so. Looking at the Rangers (CBJ) pick as a possible target using one of those two (19).

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:25 AM
  #187
Money Baer
Unsustainable
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Westeros
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
Not sure I understand what you wrote, but I'm pretty sure that this sort of thing is exactly what Feaster has, in multiple ways, ruled out doing. Maybe you miswrote, because he's specifically stated that he's only moving the 6th overall to move up, and he's not looking to add post-apex players unless it's scoring them younger help at the same time.
It's "Dallas Flames Fan". He claims to be a Flames fan, but almost every single post of his has been negative. Most people just ignore him around here.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:40 AM
  #188
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
He's just a plain troll on these boards man, most people just ignore him.

I have to think Florida wouldn't turn down the 3 first rounders offer Calgary would throw at them. Perhaps it could be a draft-time trade?
If Seth goes first it happens, if Mack goes first, then there's a no-go.

I'm actually happy, thoroughly, Feaster is actually trying something with impact for once.
At the end of the day, MacKinnon >>>>> anything available at 6, 22 or 28.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Calgary grab that #2 if Mack's on the table with the firsts, and then try and get back into the first round using Cammy/Tanguay as a centerpiece to do so. Looking at the Rangers (CBJ) pick as a possible target using one of those two (19).
Florida really wants MacKinnon, at least according to their fans.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:41 AM
  #189
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,325
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
To Flames: Older overpaid vet + later 1st pick + obscured prospects
To Another team: 6th pick

Guaranty trade...that's how Feaster operates.
Thanks for the highly insightful post.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:47 AM
  #190
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Florida really wants MacKinnon, at least according to their fans.
Fans = Little.

On the other thread anytime Feaster is mentioned trying to trade all three picks, there's more QQing than anything else. I have a feeling a lot of Monahan posters some of these cats sleep with at night will be hugged extra tight tonight.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:55 AM
  #191
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Fans = Little.

On the other thread anytime Feaster is mentioned trying to trade all three picks, there's more QQing than anything else. I have a feeling a lot of Monahan posters some of these cats sleep with at night will be hugged extra tight tonight.
Fans usually have a good idea of the mindset of their teams.

With Huberdeau converting to wing in the NHL, and Weiss potentially leaving via UFA, the Panthers do need a centreman.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:05 AM
  #192
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Fans usually have a good idea of the mindset of their teams.
We have both followed the Flames for the past half decade right?
At least Feaster has the will to move up. If he can't get 1 or 2, 4 would be nice, could still snag Barkov probably. That'd still be nice.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:20 AM
  #193
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
We have both followed the Flames for the past half decade right?
At least Feaster has the will to move up. If he can't get 1 or 2, 4 would be nice, could still snag Barkov probably. That'd still be nice.
Flames are the exception unfortunately.

If going forwards or backwards are the only logical options, the Flames will find a way to go sideways. It's what they do.

Carolina appears receptive to a trade but that would still put the big four out of reach.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:31 AM
  #194
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Flames are the exception unfortunately.
If going forwards or backwards are the only logical options, the Flames will find a way to go sideways. It's what they do.
Carolina appears receptive to a trade but that would still put the big four out of reach.
Right.
Well, Flames aren't the only **** ups in the NHL; but they definitely are more than capable of putting ****** cartoon bandages onto major wounds.

The way Feaster was speaking during his interview, I have a feeling that more than one of the teams in the top 5 are more than willing to trade. For Colorado, I don't think there's use to give more than the 3 firsts; that's a big enough package... If they don't want it, they don't want it; no need to sweeten the pot... it's big enough.

Leaves Florida, Tampa, Nashville and Carolina.

In my opinion, there's no use moving up to the Raleigh spot. 1 spot isn't enough to merit throwing a first. I think Feaster will have an inside into what Carolina wants to pick; so, unless Barkov's on the table, they want him, and they're willing to move off him for the 22nd overall... it's not worth it (I don't think they'd want to move off of him for that though).

Which honestly means Florida, Tampa and Nashville.
I personally don't want to move up to the Tampa spot if Mackinnon/Jones are off the table. Because Tampa won't take the big Finnish center; they'll either take Drouin or Niki. I personally don't want either play more than Barkov; and because the payment for the 3rd overall would be massive, considering the "big three" stigma of this draft.

For me, the Preds and Panthers make up the best trade partners. Florida gives a chance at Mack, Preds give you Barkov.
The package has to be much smaller for the 6th to 4th move up than the 6th to 1st. Like, would the 22nd get that deal done? Will the RFA rights to someone like Backlund get it done with the 6th? Horak and the 6th?

Have to assume moving into the second slot would take the same package as Colorado. Which I am more than willing to accept for a chance at Mack lol.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:35 AM
  #195
Anglesmith
Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,158
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
He's just a plain troll on these boards man, most people just ignore him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
It's "Dallas Flames Fan". He claims to be a Flames fan, but almost every single post of his has been negative. Most people just ignore him around here.
Of course! How could I not have seen it? No fan could be that ignorant. Of course, Poe's Law...

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:39 AM
  #196
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,325
vCash: 355
I personally think we will make a trade with Tampa and take Barkov at 3. They seem to really like Nicki and there is a good possibility he is there at the 6th pick.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:41 AM
  #197
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I personally think we will make a trade with Tampa and take Barkov at 3. They seem to really like Nicki and there is a good possibility he is there at the 6th pick.
I can see that happening myself...

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:44 AM
  #198
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I personally think we will make a trade with Tampa and take Barkov at 3. They seem to really like Nicki and there is a good possibility he is there at the 6th pick.
I think we trade with Nashville as there are rumors that they like Lindholm the most.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:53 AM
  #199
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I personally think we will make a trade with Tampa and take Barkov at 3. They seem to really like Nicki and there is a good possibility he is there at the 6th pick.
I feel that Tampa will have a bigger price on the 3rd than the 4th this year, because of the 'big three' stigma. If the deals are the same, then 3rd's fine to snag Barkov... But I feel Preds will be willing to take a tad less than Tampa.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:55 AM
  #200
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Right.
Well, Flames aren't the only **** ups in the NHL; but they definitely are more than capable of putting ****** cartoon bandages onto major wounds.

The way Feaster was speaking during his interview, I have a feeling that more than one of the teams in the top 5 are more than willing to trade. For Colorado, I don't think there's use to give more than the 3 firsts; that's a big enough package... If they don't want it, they don't want it; no need to sweeten the pot... it's big enough.

Leaves Florida, Tampa, Nashville and Carolina.

In my opinion, there's no use moving up to the Raleigh spot. 1 spot isn't enough to merit throwing a first. I think Feaster will have an inside into what Carolina wants to pick; so, unless Barkov's on the table, they want him, and they're willing to move off him for the 22nd overall... it's not worth it (I don't think they'd want to move off of him for that though).

Which honestly means Florida, Tampa and Nashville.
I personally don't want to move up to the Tampa spot if Mackinnon/Jones are off the table. Because Tampa won't take the big Finnish center; they'll either take Drouin or Niki. I personally don't want either play more than Barkov; and because the payment for the 3rd overall would be massive, considering the "big three" stigma of this draft.

For me, the Preds and Panthers make up the best trade partners. Florida gives a chance at Mack, Preds give you Barkov.
The package has to be much smaller for the 6th to 4th move up than the 6th to 1st. Like, would the 22nd get that deal done? Will the RFA rights to someone like Backlund get it done with the 6th? Horak and the 6th?

Have to assume moving into the second slot would take the same package as Colorado. Which I am more than willing to accept for a chance at Mack lol.
I would think Tampa Bay would be the best bets. The Predators need a franchise forward badly and the Panthers need their high quality forwards as well.

With Yzerman firing Boucher however, it would seem there's some pressure within the organization to improve quickly. They need to shed cap space and need depth badly.

The Flames for example, could take Ohlund and Malone off their hands (assuming both would waive their NTC's) along with the 3rd overall, in exchange for the 6th overall, Butler and Horak. The Lightening would free up more than 8M in cap space by moving both those contracts; and maybe end up with 5M in free space total after factoring in Butler's new contract and Horak ELC. They'd get some cheap depth in Butler and Horak, a upper tier talent with the 6th overall, plus 5M to shore up other holes on their roster.

Of course, I doubt Lightening fans would be receptive to this.

In any case, were such a move up possible, the debate between picking Drouin, who by most accounts is considered to have a legitimate franchise potential, or Barkov, a potential star centermen would be entertaining. As much as I think the Flames need a centermen, passing on Drouin would be hard to do.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.