HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the flames first trade this offseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2013, 01:24 AM
  #201
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I think we trade with Nashville as there are rumors that they like Lindholm the most.
But then you gotta ask:

do they know something we don't?

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 01:54 AM
  #202
Zirakzigil
Registered User
 
Zirakzigil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
But then you gotta ask:

do they know something we don't?
One could argue he has more offensive creativity. Defensive awareness is something the Preds have in spades and bleed in their style of play.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:02 AM
  #203
FlamingTelepath
Registered User
 
FlamingTelepath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 633
vCash: 78

Martin Havlat
Jason Demers


Alex Tanguay

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:07 AM
  #204
YMCMBYOLO
Flames Six Show ****
 
YMCMBYOLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Six
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,305
vCash: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath View Post

Martin Havlat
Jason Demers


Alex Tanguay
No way the Sharks do this. We'd have to add. Demers is a very good, young player.

YMCMBYOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:17 AM
  #205
FlamingTelepath
Registered User
 
FlamingTelepath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 633
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
No way the Sharks do this. We'd have to add. Demers is a very good, young player.
Yep, I'm a big fan on Demers also and think he'd be a massive improvement over Butler on the 2nd pairing. He has had some injury problems lately however. I guess it all depends on how badly the Sharks want to get rid of Havlat's contract, looks like the fans want him gone ASAP at least. In any case, profiting on garbage contracts like Havlat's is what the Flames should be doing now with all the cap space.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:19 AM
  #206
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?
 
100 Third Graders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,782
vCash: 50
I think teams will be more likely to give up 2013 & 2014 draft picks than good young players & prospects.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:55 AM
  #207
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
But then you gotta ask:

do they know something we don't?
I doubt it they are most likely just higher on his potential then we are, we have seen teams time and time again take a player earlier than TSN thinks they will go because their scouts really like X about their game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't all I know is I would rather pay a small fee to get to #4 then try to get to #3 when everyone talks about the big 3 and I don't think we take Drouin.

According to Feaster he wants someone who has a chance to make the team next year and if Barkov and Lindholm are staying in Europe I think our options are Jones,MacKinnon,Drouin,Nichushkin,Monahan so if we want a center and don't get Drouin there is no point in moving up.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:22 PM
  #208
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
What do you guys think of this I proposed it on the main boards.

to

Zbynek Michalek + 2014 PHX 2nd + Boyd Gordon + 2014 PHX 5th (conditional if we sign Gordon the pick doesn't change hands if we don't we get the 5th in next years draft)

to

Alex Tanguay + Roman Horak

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:25 PM
  #209
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
What do you guys think of this I proposed it on the main boards.

to

Zbynek Michalek + 2014 PHX 2nd + Boyd Gordon + 2014 PHX 5th (conditional if we sign Gordon the pick doesn't change hands if we don't we get the 5th in next years draft)

to

Alex Tanguay + Roman Horak
I'd do it. Don't wan't tanguay anymore and i don't think horak slots in on this team long term. but I'd rather have a 2013 3rd than a 2014 2nd

herashak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
  #210
Volica
150lbs of Playoffs
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I doubt it they are most likely just higher on his potential then we are, we have seen teams time and time again take a player earlier than TSN thinks they will go because their scouts really like X about their game. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't all I know is I would rather pay a small fee to get to #4 then try to get to #3 when everyone talks about the big 3 and I don't think we take Drouin.

According to Feaster he wants someone who has a chance to make the team next year and if Barkov and Lindholm are staying in Europe I think our options are Jones,MacKinnon,Drouin,Nichushkin,Monahan so if we want a center and don't get Drouin there is no point in moving up.
Barkov is being touted as the most nhl ready by a lot of scouts. He'll play in North America this year.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  #211
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
Barkov is being touted as the most nhl ready by a lot of scouts. He'll play in North America this year.
I believe he has a year of military service he has to do before he can com over which is why I said he wouldn't come over this year.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:32 PM
  #212
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
I'd do it. Don't wan't tanguay anymore and i don't think horak slots in on this team long term. but I'd rather have a 2013 3rd than a 2014 2nd
I wouldn't especially when we can get Gordon or a 5th with the 2nd.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 07:54 PM
  #213
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 500
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

6th overall+28th overall for 5th overall?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:02 PM
  #214
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

6th overall+28th overall for 5th overall?
Not at all I would prefer to take either Monahan or Lindholm.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:04 PM
  #215
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,878
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

6th overall+28th overall for 5th overall?
overpayment imo

herashak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:08 PM
  #216
HighLifeMan
Registered User
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
There is a rumour that Carolina is offering their 5th overall pick should we try to go after it? I saw it on the main boards but not sure what fellow fans think. Its pretty much a gurantee of Drouin,Barkov,Nichushkin I doubt Drouin will drop to 5th and Nashville is pretty sold on Barkov is it worth it for us to move up one spot? Also lighting are focused on Nichushkin so if Drouin drops to 4th Nashville takes him? Lets say Barkov is still there at 5th we can snag him IF we acqure that pick. So maybe we could offer 6th overall so they can select Nurse because they seem to need a defensman. So

6th overall+28th overall for 5th overall?
Overpayment.

5th Overall
35th Overall

for

6th Overall
28th Overall

That would then guarantee us Monahan (who seems to be Calgary's guy) or an outside shot at Barkov or Drouin should Tampa select Valeri Nichushkin.
Personally, I would rather just sit at the six spot.

HighLifeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
  #217
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Overpayment.

5th Overall
35th Overall

for

6th Overall
28th Overall

That would then guarantee us Monahan (who seems to be Calgary's guy) or an outside shot at Barkov or Drouin should Tampa select Valeri Nichushkin.
Personally, I would rather just sit at the six spot.
Yes, and keep Edm from moving to 5.

1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:18 PM
  #218
Zirakzigil
Registered User
 
Zirakzigil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,358
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Yes, and keep Edm from moving to 5.
I think thats the kicker. Feaster may have to do that move to keep Edmonton from getting the player we want. Also might be slightly easier to move up into the top 3 with the 5th overall.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
  #219
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,220
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
I think thats the kicker. Feaster may have to do that move to keep Edmonton from getting the player we want. Also might be slightly easier to move up into the top 3 with the 5th overall.
This, if we move to 5 its to ensure we take Monahan.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 09:56 PM
  #220
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,180
vCash: 500
FWIW, this Yotes fan is hoping Calgary snatches Monahan away from Edmonton. :-) Helps improve our slim chances of acquiring Lindholm, and Maloney should be able to get the 7th from MacTavish without it costing an arm and a leg.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:21 PM
  #221
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,363
vCash: 2403
I'm not sure if this has been discussed much on here, but apparently Feaster offered all 3 of ours 1sts to Colorado for the #1 overall.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 10:23 PM
  #222
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,219
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm not sure if this has been discussed much on here, but apparently Feaster offered all 3 of ours 1sts to Colorado for the #1 overall.
I think we talked about it in the draft thread. I am not surprised it was turned down but it was worth a shot I'm glad Feaster gave it a try but I personally would rather stay with our 3 firsts.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:43 PM
  #223
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
What do you guys think of this I proposed it on the main boards.

to

Zbynek Michalek + 2014 PHX 2nd + Boyd Gordon + 2014 PHX 5th (conditional if we sign Gordon the pick doesn't change hands if we don't we get the 5th in next years draft)

to

Alex Tanguay + Roman Horak
I like the deal a lot. I posted in the main board that I think it works straight up or in all of the add-in variations. I wonder if Tangs waives for Phoenix. That could be the only hiccough. It definitely addresses the needs of both teams though, which makes for a sound trade proposal. Phoenix missed Whitney a lot and Tanguay can do a lot of the same things.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 11:45 PM
  #224
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I believe he has a year of military service he has to do before he can com over which is why I said he wouldn't come over this year.
That's correct, the Finnish government requires it. They did allow Saku Koivu to do it over three summers though, so maybe that could happen for Barkov too?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:02 AM
  #225
Anglesmith
Global Moderator
Y'no like wadda guy
 
Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,144
vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
That's correct, the Finnish government requires it. They did allow Saku Koivu to do it over three summers though, so maybe that could happen for Barkov too?
As far as I know, no official mention has ever been made regarding Barkov and military requirement. I think, but I could be wrong, that it's an issue which originated from boards and has remained solely on boards. For all we know, Barkov might be NHL-ready next year, right?

Maybe there are sources out there which I can't find which say otherwise.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.