HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: Streit's rights to PHI for 2014 4th Rounder

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 05:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Found at http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/re...t-free-agency/

Would this be a good signing?
I fail to believe the Rangers don't have a Matt Hendricks kind of player in their farm system. If not, things are worse than they appear.

iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
How many would trade MDZ for Schenn?
I wouldn't even hesitate. NHL ready top 6 forward with even more potential? Sign me up. Whoever we would draft at #7 isn't close to what Schenn could be next season.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
How many would trade MDZ for Schenn?
Philly wouldn't even move Schenn in a deal for Weber.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Found at http://snyrangersblog.com/rangers/re...t-free-agency/

Would this be a good signing?
4th line center.......... this ends Powe as a NYR.. id do that... trade Powe for a depth prospect or a late pick.. pretty useless on NYR roster...

Old
06-08-2013, 05:51 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

vCash: 919
...Which one?

Old
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
...Which one?
I'm hoping he meant Brayden.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm hoping he meant Brayden.
yea although i doubt Flyers still trade Brayden... i dont want Luke Schenn... Luke isnt that good.. overrated dman...

Old
06-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Limekiller

Sharks fan here, and apologies if this is rehashing stuff you guys have already gone over (or bad feelings or anything), but what consensus did you guys come to about re-signing Clowe? I doubt he'll get anything like what he was originally asking for, but a 1-year 3-3.5m maybe?

Old
06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limekiller View Post
Sharks fan here, and apologies if this is rehashing stuff you guys have already gone over (or bad feelings or anything), but what consensus did you guys come to about re-signing Clowe? I doubt he'll get anything like what he was originally asking for, but a 1-year 3-3.5m maybe?
I would absolutely take him for that.. I doubt he signs that though.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Vidic15*

Rangers have to give the Sharks another 2nd round pick if the re-sign him. After his two recent concussions, I'm not sure if the Rangers will bite.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Rangers have to give the Sharks another 2nd round pick if the re-sign him. After his two recent concussions, I'm not sure if the Rangers will bite.
very good point about the concussions, plus he looks slow now as well. One year deal I'd be all over, multiple for whatever he wanted? no thanks.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

I was thinking 2 years at 2.5 mil each :|

Old
06-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Vidic15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
very good point about the concussions, plus he looks slow now as well. One year deal I'd be all over, multiple for whatever he wanted? no thanks.
I would not give up another 2nd for one year of Clowe. Sather took a gamble and lost. Move on.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Orr Nightmare

Hendericks is a good player but he is getting old...pass....we need a younger version of him and a thornton type and then a McQauid type

Old
06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Hendericks is a good player but he is getting old...pass....we need a younger version of him and a thornton type and then a McQauid type
This is a name that's garnered my interest lately. Would be nice to have a player like that.

Which Thornton are you implying? Joe or Sean/(Shawn?)?

Old
06-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I agree w/ Orr N here. We have good skill players and passers. We do need some grit and toughness. We need a Prust or 2, and a some form of a Lucic
I'd say one of each. Already having Dorsett to play on the 4th line, could use a Prust for the third, not sure we can find a Lucic clone for the 2nd line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
We need guys who can bring energy in other forms. I don't agree with his trades, but I agree with the fact that they need to add some grit, energy and toughness.

McLeod and Nystrom would help. A full season of Dorsett will help.

Pyatt and Asham were not good signings. Both are 1 dimensional.

Powe is a good depth forward but he is also 1 dimensional.
Basically this, those two can actually play the game of hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
That's the type of player I want to go after in the future. High risk, high reward
Agree, it doesn't work out 9/10 here but it's worth a shot depending on cost. Was hoping Mashinter could be something more than he was and appears to be.

Quote:
This is a name that's garnered my interest lately. Would be nice to have a player like that.

Which Thornton are you implying? Joe or Sean/(Shawn?)?
Which do you think? Shawn of course.

McIlrath magically improve all areas of your game over the next 4 months and be the physical D man we need, or Sauer fully recover, or both.

That's something I definitely agree with, need some toughness on the back end for sure.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:58 PM
cacchioli22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
We really need a big stay at home de to clear the crease, like clowe but not for the 2nd, move dz for a scoring top 6 winger and sign scuderi or trade for a rhd

Old
06-08-2013, 06:59 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

Barb H, we probably won't find a Lucic clone. We're more likely to acquire or draft or trade (etc.) for Lucic light beer version. Still, it would help us immensely to have a guy with that on this team. Nash has size and skill, but isn't that type of player either. So yeah, need to find just about One of each. I agree with that assessment.

I think Dorsett is going to be a good help in the bottom six. It adds some toughness and grit.
How would we feel if we call up Haley again (I really, really liked what I saw from him)?

Old
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacchioli22 View Post
We really need a big stay at home de to clear the crease, like clowe but not for the 2nd, move dz for a scoring top 6 winger and sign scuderi or trade for a rhd
Clowe isn't a defenseman.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Barb H, we probably won't find a Lucic clone. We're more likely to acquire or draft or trade (etc.) for Lucic light beer version. Still, it would help us immensely to have a guy with that on this team. Nash has size and skill, but isn't that type of player either. So yeah, need to find just about One of each. I agree with that assessment.

I think Dorsett is going to be a good help in the bottom six. It adds some toughness and grit.
How would we feel if we call up Haley again (I really, really liked what I saw from him)?
No real issue with Haley, but I think he's a bit one dimensional to be honest. I don't long to be the New York Bruins and it is annoying hearing about their 4th line but they are definitely effective. If we want to construct a line like that we need a guy like Dorsett which we have, Boyle would be effective as the 4c, and another winger who is just solid all around with some toughness or maybe even more toughness but he's gotta be able to play some minutes.

Clowe is honestly the closest thing to a Lucic clone, but given his health issues this season and the 2nd needed to sign him it's a pretty big risk. I would however be open to him coming back on a one year contract because I'd love to see a guy like that succeed in NY and he'd definitely be a fan favorite if he got his scoring touch back.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:15 PM
cacchioli22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Clowe isn't a defenseman.
I know just listing what i think we should do, i think signing bryan bickel would be a great replacement for clowe even at 3 mil over 3 years, great 2/3 liner with size grit and can skate

Old
06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

Also agree with that as well. I'd like Clowe back on a one or two year deal for less than 4 million a year. I kicked around 2.5 to 3 per year.

If we resign Clowe I think it almost eliminates the chance that Haley or someone of that nature comes up, simply because Clowe would potentially be more effective and multidimensional, moreso than Haley.

It also brings up a conundrum in the world of the A and guys coming over like Lindberg and Fasth. I think that those two will develop in the A for a bit, but I'm hoping to get a look at Miller and Kreider again. I liked what Miller could do, but he did need some experience to work on his defense and decision making skills on offense. He had the moves and means but dangled too much and seemed like he was reluctant to do anything else.

That being said, I think the team is in a better position sometimes than we make the team out to be. With a hopeful re-emergence of more experienced Kreider and Miller, we might be able to plug some holes a little bit easier than we think.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Also agree with that as well. I'd like Clowe back on a one or two year deal for less than 4 million a year. I kicked around 2.5 to 3 per year.

If we resign Clowe I think it almost eliminates the chance that Haley or someone of that nature comes up, simply because Clowe would potentially be more effective and multidimensional, moreso than Haley.

It also brings up a conundrum in the world of the A and guys coming over like Lindberg and Fasth. I think that those two will develop in the A for a bit, but I'm hoping to get a look at Miller and Kreider again. I liked what Miller could do, but he did need some experience to work on his defense and decision making skills on offense. He had the moves and means but dangled too much and seemed like he was reluctant to do anything else.

That being said, I think the team is in a better position sometimes than we make the team out to be. With a hopeful re-emergence of more experienced Kreider and Miller, we might be able to plug some holes a little bit easier than we think.
im very interested in Andrew Yogan.. maybe he can be our version of Gregory Campbell in the future.. if he can stay healthy. he does have some skill and a mean streak.. i do hope he gets a look in the 2013-2014 season..

Old
06-08-2013, 07:23 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
im very interested in Andrew Yogan.. maybe he can be our version of Gregory Campbell in the future.. if he can stay healthy. he does have some skill and a mean streak.. i do hope he gets a look in the 2013-2014 season..
I have enjoyed watching Yogan play in the few games I've seen, mainly Traverse city. He seemed tuned in and ready to win. Let him develop a little more and I think we can see him in a preseason set. I don't know much more about him though, someone edumacate me.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
cacchioli22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Would be nice to see a good surprise like that

Closed Thread